As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CHAT] ME FIVE!

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I am enjoying this Etsy thing far too much. The internet has potentially wrecked their IPO.

This kind of shadenfreude must be what drives the Anonymous folks.

no anonymous is fucked up

i will not brook any awe or admiration for anonymous

stomping that out the second i see it

I like anonymous.

The hackers, not the 4channers.

There is no difference or distinction to be made.

Anonymous isn't a group, it's a state

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am with Japan on this one. I don't always agree with those folks. I don't agree with a lot of their methods. But sometimes they produce results that in a way help society more than any of the official or more moral channels do.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am enjoying this Etsy thing far too much. The internet has potentially wrecked their IPO.

Which anonymous do you hate? There are a lot of them. Technically there aren't any and that's the point but there are 4 or 5 distinct "anonymous" groups.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited March 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    i'm not really sure i get the whole etsy thing

i mean, its not illegal for brick-and-mortar businesses to share personal info of their customers

is it just internet privacy rage or what?

Yes it is illegal in many jurisdictions.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Which anonymous do you hate? There are a lot of them. Technically there aren't any and that's the point but there are 4 or 5 distinct "anonymous" groups.

i feel like anonymous are content to huddle under one umbrella and be one group when it suits them and pretend that they are seperate special snowflakes when the ones who are trying to do a legit anti-scientology movement want to pretend that they don't share ranks with the dudes who harass and send threats to an eleven year old girl

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2011
    Also, just curious where are the emails and such that they were suppose to leak through wikileaks yesterday? With Japan and Bahrain it has kind of gotten buried in the news.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited March 2011
    Do not let anyone fool you into thinking there is a group, Cass.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

i feel like anonymous are content to huddle under one umbrella and be one group when it suits them and pretend that they are seperate special snowflakes when the ones who are trying to do a legit anti-scientology movement want to pretend that they don't share ranks with the dudes who harass and send threats to an eleven year old girl

If I'm thinking of the same incident, that little girl was being astonishingly stupid. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over that.

Donkey Kong on
    edited March 2011
    Speaking from knowing people who have helped them and such. There is no organization or central group Cass. It is very much like an old terrorist cell. Each group works individually doing what it feels is best. No leaders, no central organization and no real guiding doctrine. Break up one and it doesn't effect the others. Which is why you get them doing horrible shit and doing stuff to try and better humanity. Its basically a name numerous different groups take on as they want.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

In fairness, that eleven year old girl was a bitch.

Tav on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

i mean, its not illegal for brick-and-mortar businesses to share personal info of their customers

I don't know what the law says in the US. In the EU what Etsy have done is regulatory-intervention-and-massive-fines bad.

The issue is mostly that when you buy something off a website, people don't expect their real name and purchase history (and potentially, their email address) to be published in the open and indexable by search engines. While it may not be illegal, it's definitely contrary to expectations and I'm not aware of any other webshop that does it.

EDIT: Also most people don't expect that a privacy policy that applied at one point to be retroactively changed with no notice.

japan on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm. Do I want Nier or Resonance Of Fate? Decisions, decisions.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    she was eleven

eleven year olds are stupid and obnoxious and loud and attention seeking

of course they are, they're ELEVEN

doesn't justify the shit they threw at her

• DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Speaking from knowing people who have helped them and such. There is no organization or central group Cass. It is very much like an old terrorist cell. Each group works individually doing what it feels is best. No leaders, no central organization and no real guiding doctrine. Break up one and it doesn't effect the others. Which is why you get them doing horrible shit and doing stuff to try and better humanity. Its basically a name numerous different groups take on as they want.

I wouldn't even go so far as to call the separate gatherings "groups" at all.

They're weird people that contact each other through 4chan and do some pretty weird stuff together with whoever is interested.

Daxon on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    200405_626039709638_39708390_34785725_2335139_n.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited March 2011
    she was eleven

Absolutely not.

But there is no group named Anonymous. That is merely a fabrication that has become a cultural meme.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    she was eleven

link?

MikeMan on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Uh, fairly confident if a brick and mortar sex toy shop made a list of their customers actual names and their purchases searchable in Google there would be consequences of some sort.

HappylilElf on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Uh, fairly confident if a brick and mortar sex toy shop made a list of their customers actual names and their purchases searchable in Google there would be consequences of some sort.

sexy consequences

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    I get to go home and snuggle with my kitties soon!

Feral on

edited March 2011
    she was eleven

I feel really bad for her having her youtube channel spammed, getting some prank phone calls and then getting to getting to go on national tv multiple times to talk about the bad bad internet men

in six months, her life will be the exact same as it was before she won't same the same stupid mistake again

Tav on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    200405_626039709638_39708390_34785725_2335139_n.jpg
    :lol:

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I didn't know Charlie Sheen was a cat.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I didn't know Charlie Sheen was a cat.

tigerblood

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    edited March 2011
    MikeMan wrote: »
    she was eleven

link?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/jessi-slaughter

Tav on
    edited March 2011
    basically if you call yourself anonymous you are choosing to associate yourselves with people who, for instance, go on the memorial facebook pages of dead kids and troll the family and friends

so i reserve the right to judge the shit out of you

saw some dude on campus with a guy fawkes mask, talking loudly with his friend about newfags

what a dweeb

edited March 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    she was eleven

I feel really bad for her having her youtube channel spammed, getting some prank phone calls and then getting to getting to go on national tv multiple times to talk about the bad bad internet men

in six months, her life will be the exact same as it was before she won't same the same stupid mistake again

cool can i have your personal information to share with /b/ then?

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    she was eleven

Pizzas and trolling comments of her videos? According to the police, there weren't death threats and definitely no physical intimidation. Nothing happened other than a particularly obnoxious little girl with negligent parents getting a totally solicited little wakeup call.

Donkey Kong on
    edited March 2011
    she was eleven

cool can i have your personal information to share with /b/ then?
    you'd get told "not your personal army", the post would be deleted and you'd be banned

shit happens EVERYDAY there

Tav on
    edited March 2011
    i am exhausted

i dont want to argue

come here guys lets hug it out

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i am exhausted

i dont want to argue

can my doggie get a hug too?

he's just a little enormous puppy

Captain Carrot on
    edited March 2011
    no dogs suck

edited March 2011
    basically if you call yourself anonymous you are choosing to associate yourselves with people who, for instance, go on the memorial facebook pages of dead kids and troll the family and friends

saw some dude on campus with a guy fawkes mask, talking loudly with his friend about newfags

what a dweeb

ewwww, you post on PA

don't you know those guys are pro rape AND domestic abuse?

Tav on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

what a dweeb

that mental image makes me chuckle

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    i am exhausted

i dont want to argue

can my doggie get a hug too?

he's just a little enormous puppy

carrot, I thought we asked you to lay off of the creepy and desperate posts

it's made a lot of us very uncomfortable

Nerdgasmic on
    edited March 2011
    Aargh I have too much crap.

I am having to distribute everything I shoved in the spare room around the house wherever I can fit it because I need one room empty to decorate, and another room empty enough to put up a sofa bed.

japan on
    edited March 2011

what a dweeb

ewwww, you post on PA

don't you know those guys are pro rape AND domestic abuse?

you are probably joking but i refuse to get back into this

i will rage and it will be unpleasant

edited March 2011
    why did I even keep this enormous offcut of carpet

japan on
This discussion has been closed.