As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I accidentally used the girl's bathroom and I'm sorry.

fyeahckingfyeahcking Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
I remember it like it was only yesterday; maybe that's because it almost was.

It was late. The clamor of the nigh-incalculably-long serpent that was the Saturday Concert Line was disorienting, its fevered wall-crawling shimmy a firm lesson on How To Be Something Larger Than Yourself. I figured I'd play it safe and hit the semisanctuary of the restroom before we got to the front. We'd just walked by a women's bathroom; surely, I reasoned, this one must be the one for me.

Wrong.

Bewildered and driven to thought but undeterred by the double row of stalls, I went to work, thinking, "I am probably in the women's bathroom. How come my friends didn't say anything as I walked in here? I hope I don't get seen on my way out."

So to you, cute lady who saw me as I was washing my hands: your bathroom was immaculate and I left it the way I found it. Thanks for giggling at my jokes and being understanding. "Clean, isn't it?" And so simple.

Love and Peace,
Chris.

PS - seriously, if only the dudes could be so nice to the restrooms. (maybe it'd help if there were 3-5 times or so as many, so that the Men's Bathroom:Women's Bathroom ratio would match the Men:Women ratio -- but I digress. It was a great experience.)

fyeahcking on

• Options
    TheHybridChildTheHybridChild Oswego NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had a mental block of the same sort.
    Early Saturday morning
    cosplaying a boy
    Chest bound
    Standing infront of the bathroom thinking
    'which do I use?"
    Then I remembered I was a girl

TheHybridChild on
  • Options
    Kido1986Kido1986 Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Early Saturday morning
    cosplaying a boy
    Chest bound
    'which do I use?"

Someone was SERIOUSLY into their cosplay.... may want to see someone if you get confused about your gender lol

j/k

Kido1986 on
  • Options
    MaiuMaiu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I totally walked in the the men's room, because all I saw was "restroom". Made it out before too many guys saw me, though. :P

Maiu on
  • Options
    FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yeah. that's problems.

i did this once at a dave and busters. after a few drinks and some wings and a saucy burger i had to wreck a toilet. i ran toward the bathroom area where it splits into two ways. i ran into the burgundy/red bathroom, planted down on a toilet and began my symphony. it was cut short when i heard very feminine voices coming into earshot.

i wrapped it up and as a fled the bathroom at an inconspicuous brisk walk, i yelled back "i'm sorry!"

Fruhmann on
  • Options
    FatalisFatalis Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    When I was going to the male washroom, I saw a really convincing Bridget cosplay washing their hands. You could say I got confused as I remembered, am I in the right washroom? Wait a minute isn't Bridget a boy? So this is the right washroom... I just did my business then got out of there.

Fatalis on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    When I was at the Triwizard at Pax Prime (Note: I was drunk too _Understatement_)
    I walked up to a pair of bathrooms Lads and Lass.
    I thought for a second ok they meant ladies and went into the other door without thinking about the other one.
    It was a two stall bathroom and a lady just walked up to the sink looked at me with a smile.
    I was like "ahh crap! I walked into the wrong restroom.. sorry. I thought the other said ladies."
    She was nice and said "Yeah I've went into the wrong one before"
    well she probably laughed at me when I left but that was a funny moment.

adester on
  • Options
    ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I, as a woman, had to giggle each time I walked into the ladies room and right to a stall. Several times I remarked to this as I went in. "There's a line in the mens' room." Sounds cruel, but the irony was delicious.

And, in your defense, it would make far too much sense to always have the womens' room on the right, or the left, but they switched it up a lot. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the other side :)

ErickaJo on
  • Options
    TheHybridChildTheHybridChild Oswego NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kido1986 wrote: »
    Early Saturday morning
    cosplaying a boy
    Chest bound
    'which do I use?"

Someone was SERIOUSLY into their cosplay.... may want to see someone if you get confused about your gender lol

j/k

Well When Your chest is forced flat and you have been acting like a little boy all day your mind starts to pay tricks XD

TheHybridChild on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ErickaJo wrote: »
    I, as a woman, had to giggle each time I walked into the ladies room and right to a stall. Several times I remarked to this as I went in. "There's a line in the mens' room." Sounds cruel, but the irony was delicious.

And, in your defense, it would make far too much sense to always have the womens' room on the right, or the left, but they switched it up a lot. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the other side :)

She just gave every guy an incentive to just bogart the womens bathroom next Pax East.. quite possible even prime. :P

adester on
  • Options
    kid_nyckid_nyc Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Maiu wrote: »
    I totally walked in the the men's room, because all I saw was "restroom". Made it out before too many guys saw me, though. :P

don't worry, i did the same thing.

kid_nyc on
  • Options
    It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man. Accidentally using the women's bathroom in a strange place has to be one of my single greatest fears.

It's not a tumor on
  • Options
    budah02921budah02921 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hahahaha, I did the same thing. Walked into the women's bathroom thinking it was the men's, saw women, "OOPS", quickly turned around and fled.

budah02921 on
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I almost walked into the womens room. Got pretty far until I saw a woman walking out and then did a 180. Saw a woman get almost as far into the mens room before she noticed men walking out.

The bathrooms were just WEIRD. The men/womens rooms were so far apart, you just went into the bathroom expecting the path to fork at some point. Yet it never did.

Namrok on
  • Options
    xspeedballxxspeedballx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man I am so glad I am not the only one to do that. I was on the PC freeplay floor, and there was a line for the men's bathroom(which was on the left fork) so I figured I would charge over to the other bathroom up there.

I get there and I just figure the men's bathroom would be on the left again. I charge in and my brain goes "HOLY CRAP IT IS STALLS HEAVEN I AM DELIVERED." Then I see the girl washing her hands, and the cleaning lady chatting with her, and I do a double take, turn around, to leave. I turn back just to confirm I was in the wrong bathroom(like I needed it) and was politely assured I was in the wrong place. I took one more forlorn glance at the lines of stalls and stood in line in the men's room.

So whoever was in there, so so so so so so SO SORRY!

xspeedballx on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had that happen before (not at PAX) and several women walked in as I was coming out of the stall. I accused them of being in the wrong bathroom. And then proceeded to walk to the front of door and prove myself wrong.

zepherin on
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think one of the bathroom sets was opposite every other one. Most everywhere else it was ladies on the left, men on the right. But Level 1, by the handheld lounge it was reversed.

Got 3/4ths of the way into the men's room before I saw Urinals, tilted my head a moment in confusion then wandered back out. The guys got a kick out of it.

ransim on
  • Options
    bustin98bustin98 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would think, if you don't see at least one urinal on the wall, you're not in the men's restroom. That clue has had me turn around in the nick of time once or twice.

bustin98 on
    Xbox Live, PSN, Twitter: bustin98
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ransim wrote: »
    I think one of the bathroom sets was opposite every other one. Most everywhere else it was ladies on the left, men on the right. But Level 1, by the handheld lounge it was reversed.

Got 3/4ths of the way into the men's room before I saw Urinals, tilted my head a moment in confusion then wandered back out. The guys got a kick out of it.

I'm almost positive this was the case. One side of the building had Men's on the left, Women's on the right, and then it was flipped on the other side.

Late night on the concert, I was filling up my water bottle and saw a dude walk into the Women's, then promptly walk out and head into the Men's. We both had a good chuckle :o

ironzerg on
  • Options
    xspeedballxxspeedballx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yea the bathroom's appeared to be mirrored. On different sides of the building, and people after checking the first few times just started plowing into the one on the side they were used to because they needed to go. At least as far as I could tell people of opposite gender were understanding of the issues and mega creepiness did not ensue.

xspeedballx on
  • Options
    melomaniacmelomaniac Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    If this chick had pink hair then don't be sorry- it was an extremely entertaining encounter XD

If not then this exact story has happened to me (and no doubt almost everyone at some point):
    Sitting in the bathroom and noticing men's sneakers in the stall next to me, then a male voice questioning his choice of bathrooms. We notice each other while washing hands, with mutual acknowledgment of the situation, and I confess I thought it was hilarious. I had just been discussing with my friends how disgusting their bathrooms are, and I liked how clean ours are in comparison. After chuckling it off we parted ways to wait in line for the Saturday night concert, and I can honestly say the entire thing put a smile on my face.

So, Chris, if this is the same encounter then you made my day by posting this, and if not then this was a very common PAX occurrence this year.

melomaniac on
  • Options
    whatatravisty22whatatravisty22 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ErickaJo wrote: »

^^ This

Saturday when a sanitizer dispenser was out me and my friends were going to the bathroom just to wash our hands. Two of us blindly followed a friend into the bathroom and were momentarily confused when he immediately turned around and speed walked right back out, I turned the corner and realized in a flash why

whatatravisty22 on
  • Options
    It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's almost like they had two different architects designing each floor and neither one bothered to consult the other when they put in the bathrooms.

It's not a tumor on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think the architect did it knowing what would happen and to this day is still getting a laugh out of it.

adester on
  • Options
    fyeahckingfyeahcking Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    melomaniac wrote: »
    If this chick had pink hair then don't be sorry- it was an extremely entertaining encounter XD

If not then this exact story has happened to me (and no doubt almost everyone at some point):
    Sitting in the bathroom and noticing men's sneakers in the stall next to me, then a male voice questioning his choice of bathrooms. We notice each other while washing hands, with mutual acknowledgment of the situation, and I confess I thought it was hilarious. I had just been discussing with my friends how disgusting their bathrooms are, and I liked how clean ours are in comparison. After chuckling it off we parted ways to wait in line for the Saturday night concert, and I can honestly say the entire thing put a smile on my face.

So, Chris, if this is the same encounter then you made my day by posting this, and if not then this was a very common PAX occurrence this year.

:) Glad you thought it was as funny as I did -- that was definitely you. I'm lucky I at least had an idea something was amiss - definitely would have been singing to myself otherwise. I might've stayed to chat were the line not moving! (I'm a singer, but that'd still be pretty embarrassing.)

(this now feels like the PAX version of a craigslist missed connection.)

to everyone else: glad I wasn't the only one who boofed this at some point!

fyeahcking on
  • Options
    ArmyKnifeArmyKnife Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    fyeahcking wrote: »
    (this now feels like the PAX version of a craigslist missed connection.)

I'd hope that if you were sitting on the can the connection wouldn't miss xD
    (ha ha ha. I'm terrible >.>)

ArmyKnife on
  • Options
    ErickaJoErickaJo MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    adester wrote: »
    She just gave every guy an incentive to just bogart the womens bathroom next Pax East.. quite possible even prime. :P

Go ahead, I'm in my protective cocoon of stall.*

*ErickaJo does not presume to speak for every woman who may be at a given PAX, and who may be armed.

ErickaJo on