As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2011 Scavenger Hunt - Winners: kimbellina imavapor96 YeildForNothing

1235»

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Take a picture of the ' Thank You For Attending' banner at the North Lobby (5)

Rdr on
  • kimbellinakimbellina Berkeley Heights, NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still n the road and won't be home for a while. when do you need the pictures by?

kimbellina on
    edited March 2011
    kimbellina wrote: »
    I'm still n the road and won't be home for a while. when do you need the pictures by?

Sometime this week is fine. I probably won't have a chance to go through people's albums until Sunday so I guess we can say have pics by Sunday.

Thanks for all who did this. Sorry about the problems with getting the 12pm/4pm items out. If I do this next year it will be done better.

Rdr on
    edited March 2011
    Ah, sounds good.

So, I was told that Steel Battalion was not available to play this year. Is that true, or did I just not look hard enough?

Also, I couldn't find a single person that got their Forum Challenge Coin in time to bring it with them to PAX East, but there were a few people I met who had ordered one.

I was also (for no particular reason) trying to collect a full set of TF2 cosplay pictures. Did anyone spot a Heavy anywhere? I think that's the only one I missed. Apparently, passing by a TF2 tournament is a great way to find TF2 cosplay. :D

kimbellina on
  • kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for running this, Rdr. I had a lot of fun doing it. It definitely served its purpose of getting me out of my shell to do/see things I wouldn't have otherwise.

Unfortunately, I didn't score too well because a lot of the things I was planning to do anyways I forgot to stop and take a picture of me doing it. Whoops!

My personally highlight was asking a random stranger if I could take a picture of their pulled pork sandwich. The look he gave me. lmao.

kitties_on_acid on
    edited March 2011
    Kimbellina, there was actually no Steel Battalion this year. I me'tssed up by leaving it on the schedule. So don't worry. And I did not see anyone dressed as a Heavy. Pretty strange.

kitties, glad it got you out and about the con. :) I think the pulled pork one would get some laughs. Looks like it did. :)

Rdr on
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011

Holy shit you're awesome. I am on a train from PAX to my home and its been a nightmare today. Your pics are definitely is a highlight of my weekend and best thing that happened to me today. You look like you had one hell of a time at PAX!

Rdr on
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So... I lost my camera at PAX and all my pretty pictures with it. Giving me a score of 0. I will play next time.

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Sentient6Sentient6 Mad Grad Student Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Wow. That is impressive. Makes me feel bad about the number of pictures I took (as well as their quality). More pictures next year!.

My Collection

Sentient6 on
  • adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So... I lost my camera at PAX and all my pretty pictures with it. Giving me a score of 0. I will play next time.

Don't worry you aren't the only one.. I got my camera but I don't have the memory card. :(

adester on
    edited March 2011
    I dropped my camera on Wed night and it isn't working properly anymore. I do have some pics of the Prepre PAX Hangout we did though.

Rdr on
    edited March 2011

:shock: Holy crap. So basically let's just give you the win right now. lol.

I'm going through my pics and the list and really annoyed at the number of things I did on the list and just forgot to get pics of.

I suppose its good that I was enjoying myself so much I forgot to take the pics, though. :)

kitties_on_acid on
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/SeverinXI/PAX%20East%20Scavenger%20Hunt/

I could have gotten more, but I missed the Saturday and Sunday things since I didn't have access to Twitter or the internet, but ah well. I had a great time anyway. And collecting all those cards was awesome. My camera also broke and doesn't zoom correctly now, but I fought with it enough to get it to work, so here it is. :D

LedaXI on
  • imavapor96imavapor96 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Will have my (imavapor96) pics and Yeildfornothing's pics uploaded by tonight. Sorry for the delay. We were without power for 3 days due to a wind storm.

imavapor96 on
    edited March 2011
    Since only about 8 of the 50 people have submitted pics I'm going to go ahead and extend the date to turn in pics to April 3rd 11:59PM.

Rdr on
    edited March 2011
    Sweet. I've been so busy I just realized that I never finished this. I was bummed and came here to apologize for being lame. But it looks like now I got some time.

Of course, I didn't take too many pics and I'm sure I didn't win, but I figure that wasn't really the point of the exercise. :)

kitties_on_acid on
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the extending the date. That is a great help since I have to work the next few days and wasn't looking forward to staying up late to upload. We will be sure to have them done before April 3rd.

imavapor96 on
  • MintMint Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am really glad I signed up for the scavenger hunt!

it made me go out and try a lot of things that I probity wouldn't of gotten to otherwise!
    for example I don't think I would of went and played on the console or computer free play if it wasn't for the scavenger hunt.

I found out alot more and explored a lot of pax just by doing the scavenger hunt.

Thank you so much for setting this up Rdr

My completed pics can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/60854992@N05/

I didn't get everything but I had a blast!

Mint on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think halfway through PAX I decided "forget the scavenger hunt". But I still did about half the things. Problem is, I didn't take a picture of some of them. Does it still count if I now take a picture of my swag/trading cards/business cards/other things collected? Probably not....

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited March 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    Does it still count if I now take a picture of my swag/trading cards/business cards/other things collected? Probably not....

I don't see why not.

Rdr on
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The PAX plague truncated my participation, but here they are! My hand saw a lot of PAX...which is obviously how I got the plague.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjuiio5A

Thanks Rdr for putting this all together- was fun!

chaosisorder on
  • CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Looking through the submissions so far it's clear I'm not winning this, but hey. I had fun getting the photos I did (and was kicking myself afterwards for not taking pictures of some items that I actually saw). Thanks for organizing this Rdr, it was good fun.

My photos are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/33206111@N07/sets/72157626293271703/detail/

Cloudwalker on
    Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
    edited April 2011
    My pictures are at http://gallery.me.com/jenfullerphotography#100227&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Thanks for organizing the scavenger hunt. I had a blast doing it and ending up exploring a lot of stuff at PAX that I wouldn't have otherwise checked out.

imavapor96 on
  • YeildForNothingYeildForNothing Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey. Here's my PAX Scavenger Hunt pictures. If you have any questions on them just Facebook me :)
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=302997&id=731914893

YeildForNothing on
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for submitting your pictures guys. I've been pretty busy at work since I got a promotion the day I returned back from PAX. But this weekend at the latest I'll announce scores and winners and it'll give me time to think of some 2nd and 3rd place prizes.

Thanks everyone for playing and I am very happy to read and see through pictures that everyone had fun. I'll bring it back next year and have it more organized. :)

Rdr on
    edited April 2011
    hahahaha i'm terrible at keeping track of the date. i thought today was a day earlier than it is :P

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • MintMint Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hahahaha i'm terrible at keeping track of the date. i thought today was a day earlier than it is :P

you should put something up anyways!
    I love seeing others scavanger hunt pictures ... or pics of the con in general.

I miss it already! I cannot got to prime and east is so far away *sadness*
    the pictures remind me of all the fun I had.

Mint on
    edited April 2011
    Mint wrote: »

you should put something up anyways!
    I love seeing others scavanger hunt pictures ... or pics of the con in general.

I miss it already! I cannot got to prime and east is so far away *sadness*
    the pictures remind me of all the fun I had.

Here is where I uploaded most of my scavenger hunt pics (some didn't make it up there) : http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff20/shad0wkitt3n/pax%20east%202011/

And I'll be (slowly) uploading all my PAX pics to my Flickr if you want to see the rest: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shad0wkitt3n/sets/72157626024410529/

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • YeildForNothingYeildForNothing Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The anticipation is murdering me!!!!!!

YeildForNothing on
    edited May 2011
    Just wondering when the scavenger hunt winners are going to be posted?

imavapor96 on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    I know Rdr has been really busy at his new job since East. I'll ping him soon and see if he has something to post.

zerzhul on
    edited May 2011
    Hey there. I'd like to apologize for the lateness of announcing the winners. Got back from PAX and got a huge promotion at work, but got some post-pax depression then started dating a girl and kinda just forgot about this for a couple weeks and then just have been busy with work related stuffs the past few weeks working on certifications to keep said promotion.

But enough of that rubbish! I've gone through the pictures and enjoyed them immensely and want to thank everyone for doing an awesome job at having fun at PAX and participating in this game.

While the point of the hunt was for people to have fun it wasn't really meant for someone to win and go nuts over prizes and such. However, I'd like to announce the grand prize winner/champion as: kimbellina

And the runners up are: imavapor96 and YeildForNothing

I'll pm them and see what sort of things they might want and their prizes will be awarded to them very shortly depending on their response time.

Thanks again for playing!

Rdr on
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Congratulations to all of you!

Here's hoping to even more fun at Prime! :D

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
    edited June 2011
    Yay! Thank you!

kimbellina on