As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dogs carrying sticks thread (also [chat])

• BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    If you want to blame the people responsible for the whole necktie thing, you should blame the Croatians.

i don't know that it's possible to punish the croats any more than they've already been punished
    it's true they've been through some shit but if they invented neckties then it serbs them right

Bama on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »

this is obviously terrible but one thing in the article confused me
    i thought legal and medical confidentiality bonds were severable in cases where a life is/was in danger. so if the law unfortunately says the fetus is a life, wouldn't the nurse's admission then be legally allowable

That news story was over a year ago, and a quick googling shows that the charges were dropped due to reasonable doubt over whether the "attempted feticide" occurred before or after the beginning of the second trimester.

But you're right, they may have had valid legal (if not moral) grounds to ignore patient confidentiality. That's kind of fucked up.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    If you want to blame the people responsible for the whole necktie thing, you should blame the Croatians.

i don't know that it's possible to punish the croats any more than they've already been punished

Send Piers Morgan to interview them one at a time.

Bogart on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bama wrote: »

it's true they've been through some shit but if they invented neckties then it serbs them right

Maybe their new flag could just be a picture of a necktie against a white background with "Serbs you right" underneath it.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Ah, but that's just lack of imagination.

Inappropriate jokes all ins.

Haphazard on
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wore a tie around here for a bit. Quickly realized that it isn't a safe article of clothing in a lab. Was a bit bummed.

I have so many ties too.

Galahad on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    Whenever people discuss terrible jokes I always feel obligated to share the best joke ever.

There were two muffins sitting in an oven. The first muffin says "boy, it sure is hot in here!" and the second muffin turns and says "HOLY SHIT! A TALKING MUFFIN!"

I was told that by a girlfriend once.

I should have known she was crazy. I dumped her, her and her mom begged me to reconsider, I did, and two weeks later she cheated on me because "it just wasn't working out".

Ooooookaaaaay.

I think it's the, you don't dump me! I dump you! mentality. I dated a girl who every once in awhile was amazingly awesome to be around, but sadly the vast majority of the time she was a horrible person that never said anything nice. So I dumped her. She practically groveled at my feet to take her back, which like an idiot I did, and within a week, bam, "I think we can only be friends". She just wanted to be the one doing the dumping.

Dark_Side on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Back to the jewelry mines.

Be good to each other, [chat].

Passerbye on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I think it's the, you don't dump me! I dump you! mentality. I dated a girl who every once in awhile was amazingly awesome to be around, but sadly the vast majority of the time she was a horrible person that never said anything nice. So I dumped her. She practically groveled at my feet to take her back, which like an idiot I did, and within a week, bam, "I think we can only be friends". She just wanted to be the one doing the dumping.

The she was cheating on me with had a Jew Fro.

And, last I heard, she was pretty freaking miserable, working crappy jobs, general unhappy pain in the ass, and undateable because of it.

So when I last ran into her I made it a point to tell her that I make a bunch of money and am married and living in a gated community and etc.

Sheep on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oooooh, a gated community

Bama on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »

They she was cheating on me with had a Jew Fro.

And, last I heard, she was pretty freaking miserable, working crappy jobs, general unhappy pain in the ass, and undateable because of it.

So when I last ran into her I made it a point to tell her that I make a bunch of money and am married and living in a gated community and etc.

because everyone loves a gloater

simonwolf on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh 4chan :(
    Wbt6n.jpg?4538

Ludious on
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    4chan pic

Wow, something so astoundingly pathetic about lonely nerds leading on other lonely nerds for laughs. Let us hope they don't cause someone to commit suicide over it.

Dark_Side on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    if i wrote you a SYMPHONY

*falsetto*

Organichu on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    4chan is so loathsome

the only reason that they are doing this is so that they can do it first and have a heads-up on when to avoid being led on by a fictional internet lady

i mean, really, is there a demographic more aptly described by "forever alone guys" than 4chan?

maybe HAM radio enthusiasts i guess

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wbt6n.jpg?4538

hahahaha

Tav on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    D_S: From the last time someone was talking about it in chat, those Forever Alone people aren't really your run-of-the-mill "lonely nerds".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, something so astoundingly pathetic about lonely nerds leading on other lonely nerds for laughs. Let us hope they don't cause someone to commit suicide over it.

But that is probably exactly what the 4chan people are hoping for

who will win this hope-off

find out wednesdays on syfy

simonwolf on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    4chan is so loathsome

the only reason that they are doing this is so that they can do it first and have a heads-up on when to avoid being led on by a fictional internet lady

i mean, really, is there a demographic more aptly described by "forever alone guys" than 4chan?

maybe HAM radio enthusiasts i guess

No way. HAMs have a lot of ex-military pussy magnets amongst their ranks.

Ludious on
    edited March 2011
    4chan pic

If someone is going to commit suicide because their OKC date was a fake, they have deep seated problems and it wouldn't take much to push them over the edge. Much in the same way that video games don't cause normal kids to shoot up their school.

How's about not mentioning suicide in such a stupid manner for an emotional response, eh?

Tav on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »

hmm, I see a problem with this plan. Seems to me the membership of Forever Alone and 4chan probably has a great deal of overlap.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited March 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »

hmm, I see a problem with this plan. Seems to me the membership of Forever Alone and 4chan probably has a great deal of overlap.

That's why 4chan is doing this, so they will be able to tell (at least this time) when a fake girl is leading them on

besides, anyone who committed suicide and came from 4chan is probably a newfag/the cancer killing /b/

simonwolf on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Just think, if you were here right now you could hear an American make a Nazi joke again.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited March 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    4chan pic

If someone is going to commit suicide because their OKC date was a fake, they have deep seated problems and it wouldn't take much to push them over the edge. Much in the same way that video games don't cause normal kids to shoot up their school.

How's about not mentioning suicide in such a stupid manner for an emotional response, eh?

Wow that response seems.....a little over the top. Well, when you're doing okc dating, and dealing with the frustrating realities of a guy trying to use an online dating site. And your life isn't in a great place and you're just trying to find a damn date, and you find out you got fooled, taped, and ruthlessly made fun of by the 4chan dregs. Well, I'd sure like to see you laugh about it then.

Dark_Side on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Reposting from my facebook to see what you guys think:

So there's this guy who lives across the street from me. Owns a small dog. Instead of actually walking the dog, he attaches the leash inside the apartment, and feeds it under the door so the dog has like 3-5 feet of walking distance. He now went and bought another dog. They both sit out there barking... But if you're going to own a dog, do the decent thing and WALK them. Isn't this inhumane? Live in an apartment complex and NEVER take the dog out for a walk?

urahonky on
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oooooh, a gated community

It keeps those kinds out.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited March 2011
    PantsB wrote: »

Just think, if you were here right now you could hear an American make a Nazi joke again.

:lol:

True, true.

Haphazard on
    edited March 2011
    bdb6a6ea-b8fc-45f4-b226-0dddf8391b1f.jpg

Tav on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Video games don't involve lying and manipulating people.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    urahonky wrote: »

So there's this guy who lives across the street from me. Owns a small dog. Instead of actually walking the dog, he attaches the leash inside the apartment, and feeds it under the door so the dog has like 3-5 feet of walking distance. He now went and bought another dog. They both sit out there barking... But if you're going to own a dog, do the decent thing and WALK them. Isn't this inhumane? Live in an apartment complex and NEVER take the dog out for a walk?

that uh

strikes me as awful

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    urahonky wrote: »

Call the ASPCA or your city's animal control center.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited March 2011
    i would do it to my cat if frankie let me though

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huh. Looks like I need a fourth bookshelf for my movies.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Maybe you can offer to walk his dog for him for a small fee.

Feral on

edited March 2011
    bdb6a6ea-b8fc-45f4-b226-0dddf8391b1f.jpg

ah

i get it

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited March 2011
    4chan pic

Wow that response seems.....a little over the top. Well, when you're doing okc dating, and dealing with the frustrating realities of a guy trying to use an online dating site. And your life isn't in a great place and you're just trying to find a damn date, and you find out you got fooled, taped, and ruthlessly made fun of by the 4chan dregs. Well, I'd sure like to see you laugh about it then.

Again, if finding out that your date was a set-up by an internet tough guy is what puts you over the edge, you need psychological help.

Tav on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cats are different. My parent's cat just hovers around the door, but loves to sunbathe outside.

Trying to find a number...

urahonky on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yeah i'd call the aspca or those animal cops on animal planet

defintely inhumane

take the dog for a goddamn walk

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2011
    I don't get it, Tav. The coke thing.