As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NEW VENUE: Get Wild with SFX-360, 2old2play and Emminentt at Gamers Gone Wild

13»

• LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think I might hit this up. Not really too interested at going to the concerts anyways.

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey why not maybe I'll grab the bf and we'll join in

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lucazzo wrote: »
    No offense to anyone, but all the comments about the VIP area are making me think of starting a weekly "dinner and drinks with your local developers: they're actual people!" ;-)

We have that already, it's called Boston Post Mortem :)

But I agree, if you are fortunate enough to get into VIP, don't treat it as a zoo exhibit. The devs are there to party, just like you. Be nice, be courteous. Chances are, they'll be happy to chat about what they do for a living but don't latch on for the night. Move around, meet people, drink, play games, drink more, don't be a dick.

RDubb on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Isn't Fatal1ty banned from PAX? :P

More to the point, if I'm heading to another party which ends at 9:30pm, I can expect long lines at this one?

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cabsy wrote: »
    Is the dress code for Felt being relaxed for the party?

Yep... No Dress Code.... and wait for it....

NO COVER! Wooo.... PRops to Waterborn, Ross, and SFX's new community Manager SFX-Pink for being generally awesome and making stuff happen while Im on military duty.

The 'no dress code' thing is making me consider this a lot more. I didn't want to bring extra shoes... ;)

Heleor on
  • crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sorry if this has been asked, but what is the best way of getting to the new venue from the BCEC?

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The 7 Bus until the last stop then a 3 minute walk, or the Silver Line to the Red Line to the MBTA Downtown Crossing stop.

You could walk there, it's about 20 minutes or so straight down Summer Street until you hit Washington and hang a left.

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey Folks, it is hard to believe that so much can happen in two days! I was on the road (picking up a new member of our family BTW - Jackson, a rescue rottie from NC).
    P3060003.jpg

All of the credit for securing the new venue must go to Ross aka SFX_Pallidian. While I was on the road to NC to pick up Jackon, he was on the phone in Florida calling potential new venues in Boston. He did ring me up several times while I was on the road to inquire about any knowledge I might have regarding the venues he was looking at, but he did all the hard work and secured the new venue - Felt. I attended a employee event for Life is Good at Felt a few years ago and can tell everyone from personal experience that this is by far a better venue that what we had. The fact that the management of Felt is willing to work with us on things such as dress code and cover charge only shows how excited that they are to be hosting Gamers Gone Wild 2011. This year's event will eclipse everything that you may have experienced (or hear about) at GGW 2010.

Also, stay tuned as I will be posting several SWAG un-boxing videos over the next few days. I have CASES of gear in my basement from our vendor sponsors with many more arriving next week. There will literally be mountains of FREE SWAG to go around.

Below is the front and back of the new flier for Gamers Gone Wild with Felt as the venue. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
    SFX-PAXFlyer-2011.jpg

SFX-PAXFlyer-2011B.jpg

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »
    Is the dress code for Felt being relaxed for the party?

Yep... No Dress Code.... and wait for it....

NO COVER! Wooo.... PRops to Waterborn, Ross, and SFX's new community Manager SFX-Pink for being generally awesome and making stuff happen while Im on military duty.

The 'no dress code' thing is making me consider this a lot more. I didn't want to bring extra shoes... ;)

Psh, Heleor, you're coming, or so help me I will find you (Youre easy to spot, tall, lanky, red headed with long hair, throng of fans since youre a former omeganaut) and drag you there.

ZeroHourHero on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    @ZHH: Challenge accepted. ;)

Heleor on
  • EaliEali Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Going to try to hit this up after another party or two I am attending the same night. So excited for this weekend. ^_^

Eali on
  • Sm1ttySm1tSm1ttySm1t Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For those "planners" who like to know what, when, and where, I present to you:

http://tl.gd/95iq3f

Sm1ttySm1t on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sm1ttySm1t wrote: »
    For those "planners" who like to know what, when, and where, I present to you:

http://tl.gd/95iq3f

Woah, people still use mapquest? :D

cynthetic on
    edited March 2011
    haha, my wife said the same thing. Err, sorry, my EXwife. She knew better than to question me ... :twisted:

Sm1ttySm1t on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    haha, my wife said the same thing. Err, sorry, my EXwife. She knew better than to question me ... :twisted:

Aren't you married to Monday Night Combat now?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited March 2011
    Just to clarify:

Is it no cover for everyone who shows up or just people with PAX badges/are you required to have a PAX badge to get in?

I've got a friend who I'd like to bring but he will not be attending PAX. Will he get the same deal as the rest of us?

RDubb on
    edited March 2011
    RDubb wrote: »
    Just to clarify:

Is it no cover for everyone who shows up or just people with PAX badges/are you required to have a PAX badge to get in?

I've got a friend who I'd like to bring but he will not be attending PAX. Will he get the same deal as the rest of us?

No cover at all. Dont ask me why it says both on the flier, I didnt make it.

ZeroHourHero on
    edited March 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Aren't you married to Monday Night Combat now?

Monday Night Combat is my mistress. Uber Entertainment is my pimp.

Sm1ttySm1t on
    edited March 2011
    GOOD NEWS friends, So the felt has an elevator thats normally not open to the public, but theyve said they'll allow anyone in a wheelchair to use it, so yea... thats awesome.
    Felt does have an elevator that we can use for handicapped customers. We don't really use the elevator regularly for everyone, but we are happy to use it for handicap access
    -- Email from The Felt

ZeroHourHero on
    edited March 2011
    ALso: I just realized something:

GOING ON THE PUB CRAWL? TRYING TO SCAVENGER HUNT UP THE SIGNATURES NEEDED FOR A VIP BADGE?

Lucazzo and I are both staff at SFX, hes the Professor for Team Blue, Im the Assistant Professor for Team Red Group 1.... so there you go, 2 signatures to get you started.

ZeroHourHero on
  • poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can I bring my camera to this party and take pictures but i will also partake in the party/drinking....

poisonx on
    edited March 2011
    poisonx wrote: »
    Can I bring my camera to this party and take pictures but i will also partake in the party/drinking....

Sure, Take pictures, but if you take pictures be sure to send any especially awesome ones to JAY@SFX-360.com so I can throw them up on the site.

ZeroHourHero on
    edited March 2011
    Just to clarify:

You have to bring you PAX Expo badge to get in FREE. Sorry for any confusion that this may cause. With the venue change, things have been a bit hectic this week.

Also, we confirmed today that the custom TRON console created by Omega Case Mods will be on display in the ACAM arcade (Room 206 - Second Floor) on Friday from 10am - 4pm. You will be able to purchase drawing tix ($5 per ticket) for a chance to win this amazing console during this period, as well as during Gamers Gone Wild (up until 10pm) The winner of the console will be announced live at Gamers Gone Wild around midnight (you do NOT have to be present to win).
    1yv9dl.jpg

Waterborn on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Waterborn wrote: »
    Just to clarify:

You have to bring you PAX Expo badge to get in FREE. Sorry for any confusion that this may cause. With the venue change, things have been a bit hectic this week.

Also, we confirmed today that the custom TRON console created by Omega Case Mods will be on display in the ACAM arcade (Room 206 - Second Floor) on Friday from 10am - 4pm. You will be able to purchase drawing tix ($5 per ticket) for a chance to win this amazing console during this period, as well as during Gamers Gone Wild (up until 10pm) The winner of the console will be announced live at Gamers Gone Wild around midnight (you do NOT have to be present to win).
    1yv9dl.jpg

And it can even do the dishes!

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
    edited March 2011
    lucazzo wrote: »
    Waterborn wrote: »
    Just to clarify:

What is the charge for people without a PAX badge?

RDubb on
    edited March 2011
    What is the charge for people without a PAX badge?

I believe it is $10

Waterborn on
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I went cosplaying last year (Louis from L4D) and the developer from "A Game with Zombies in It" bought me a beer. Seeing as there is no dress code, I'm sure I'll be ok going in my new costume, right?

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • cohe223cohe223 Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Definitely going to this <---Female btw. Bringing 3 guys with me though, so I'm not doing much to help the male:female ratio. Still looks like fun though :)

cohe223 on
  • jkendrick2992jkendrick2992 Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    does anyone know if the 21+ thing is a felt rule or sfx360? just curious. we have a 19 yr old in our group who we want to take with (teetollar, so drinking is not the motivation for going) and am curious if they can band him with a no drink wrist band like some other clubs do if thy are over 18 but under 21. thanks for any help

jkendrick2992 on
    edited March 2011
    does anyone know if the 21+ thing is a felt rule or sfx360? just curious. we have a 19 yr old in our group who we want to take with (teetollar, so drinking is not the motivation for going) and am curious if they can band him with a no drink wrist band like some other clubs do if thy are over 18 but under 21. thanks for any help

Its a felt rule, sorry, wish I could be more helpful.

ZeroHourHero on
  • SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just want to send a quick thanks to the organizers of this. The wait outside wasn't bad at all and made sense for the type of event it was. So, although it wasn't bad anyways, the party going on inside made it welllll worth it. As we worked our way up the floors on our initial entrance (just to see what all was there), we got stopped on the 3rd floor for a short bit as we were told to wait until more people came down from the 4th. So, we played some MvC 3, watched Fatality whoop someones ass, bought some drinks, and just chilled. Went on the the 4th floor after that and partied all night. Point being, we were never bored the entire night.

Thanks for updating this thread so quickly pre-event when things were changed, it made planning stuff out easier as well as just not feeling overwhelmed while were there.

The only negative thing I would say about it - and it's more specific to me - is the dance floor on the 4th level was almost like baby oil. It was fine for just normal 'ol dancing, grinding, etc but I breakdance a bit as well as do a lot of footwork in general and it was just impossible. I fell down twice because of it and decided against trying to actually dance from then on - just kept it to more of a rave/groove style. Wasn't a night killer by any means, just something worth mentioning. I've been on some slick floors before and this may have taken the cake. We could've tried the dance floors on the other levels, for sure, but the party going on up on the 4th (as well as the music choice) was just too good to leave. And oh, one other thing. I'm not a stranger to high drink prices at clubs but GOOD GOD this place was stupid expensive.

But damn you guys, this was the party to be at. My friends and I had an amazing time so thank you for putting this together. And for those still wondering about it - no, this was not, by any means at all, a sausagefest. There were hotties everywhere. If you like to party, make it a point to go to this if is continues to happen every year.

Smidget on
    I read arrows
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This was terrible. Waiting in line for nearly an hour with the normal club goers trying to force past us because their silly goose butts were dressed slutty was not fun, and add in that the bouncers had no idea how to handle it at all.... I mean one woman was about ready to get in a fist fight with me just because she was in a slutty dress and I wouldn't let her cut me (She did not have a PAX badge either :P)

And then being told that no one else was allowed in? Come on, we were there a bit late, but starting in line at 10:40 should not mean "No one else allowed inside." (Honestly, I'm mostly annoyed about that part because someone CAME BY and told us we'd all be fine at about 10:50/11 then at 11:30 or so being told to screw off was just bad)

I'm sorry, if you're going to run something in Boston, you have to do better than this. Last year was awesome, this year was terrible.

Better security / organization / venue (whatever was the specific cause) next time. Totally was a waist.

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Had a decent time I would have had a lot more alcohol but fuck, I paid 40 bucks for 4 shots for my roomies and I. It was delicious but 40 bucks!!!

I probably won't go again though, I rather create my own barcrawl :3 My Friday at PAX wasn't the greatest but I made up for it on Saturday.

Kiashien -- I was saying the same thing when I was in line. I was like :| THEY DON'T EVEN PLAY VIDEO GAMES!!! >:(

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • ValantineValantine Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    went last year, sucked.
    this year, also a huge disappointment. silly me, I should have known.
    to those who missed the party, you didn't miss much.:) I hope you had a blast with the time I wasted.

Valantine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.
  • KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had a great time. I was there at 7:30pm though and had a bite first so I didn't have to wait in any line.

Although I was bummed a little to find out there was a bunch of giveaways that I missed out on because I didn't know about them and I was on the wrong floor at the wrong time.

Kyuss on
  • SmidgetSmidget Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sucks there were some bad experiences as well :(

I didn't go last year so I can't compare it like you, Kiashien.

Weird that they would tell you straight up that no more are allowed inside. I thought it was just one-in, one-out; that's how it was when we got there. But you know, there was a time while we were in there right around 11:30-12 when the DJ started playing "last songs." "This is our last song!"... "This last song is dedicatd to..." 3 or 4 songs later he stopped saying it and we partied until 2AM or whatever. I had wondered then if they were trying clear people by tricking them to leave. And you were told you couldn't come inside...almost sounds like there was some kind of "clearing out" process going on or something. Strange.

During my time standing in line we spent a good 10-15 minutes or so right at the front, able to watch the bouncers and such. I thought he (it was one main guy running it) was doing a pretty good job keeping track of everything; it got pretty busy around the ropes at some points. I don't remember exactly what time we got there but im thinking around 10-ish, maybe 9:30.

If it had been a PAX badge-only party, it would have been a different kind of party. Not saying that as a bad thing, just that it would be very different. Don't know if that's the kind of event the organizers would want.

Smidget on
    I read arrows
    edited March 2011
    Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback. I am truly sorry that some of you were not able to get in and/or did not enjoy the experience if you did. We try to cater this event to as broad a range of people as we can, hence why we strive to have something for everyone (console games, DJ's, give-aways, etc). The reality is that the venue was approximately 200 people OVER capacity from about 11pm on. That combined with the fact that the venue was open to the public and the normal Friday night crowd began to arrive about the same time were the two major contributors to the chaos that ensued at the front door. The vast majority of people who were able to get access to the venue have told us that they enjoyed the experience. Given the fact that we had to switch venues less than one week before the event, I think that everything ran amazing well.

With all that said, we fully acknowledge that there were some logistical issues that could have been handled better, both from our end and from the perspective of the club staff. Our ultimate goal is to create an event that everyone can enjoy and to build on and learn from our experiences each year.

We are looking toward 2012 and are considering a new venue. If everything pans out as planned, I am confident that many of the issues that we ran into this year (overcrowding, poor door management, confusion created by a 4-level venue, etc.) will be rectified.

If anyone has any additional feedback, I would love to hear you input.
    You can email me at waterborn@2old2play.com

Thanks once again to everyone who came out to join us for this event.

Waterborn on
  • SFXLADYJSFXLADYJ Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Thank you Everyone who attended Gamers Gone Wild! Like Waterborn mentioned we apologize for some of the situations you experienced at the venue however our main goal is to make this event an enjoyable experience for everyone. Once again thank you for your support and hope to see everyone next year =)

SFXLADYJ on