As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon Black and White and THREAD ALL OVER

• Options
    NerdyHeritageNerdyHeritage Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Aegis wrote: »
    Joltik breeding almost gave me a headache. First batch of 15: 2 eggs that ended up Modest and Compound Eyes. TWO! Thank gods that the first of the bunch was relatively superior with a 30 Special Attack and 26 Speed. No way was I running another batch without finding some Tylenol.

I fell in love with that little guy the moment I encountered him in a trainer fight in the desert. Unfortunately, I have yet to get a decent nature, and I'm unwilling to breed until I complete the main game.

NerdyHeritage on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS: 0775 9129 1567 Black: 3267 4422 1986
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hrmm. All these new dudes, I don't know what else to train besides my Pignite and Simisage. I have a Munna for Yawn, but it's too slow to be useful otherwise.

Bring a Blitzle into your life.

Also Tympole is supposed to be really good.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pata wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    (tl;dr: Guy hacked a few of those unobtainable-because-of-level Pokemon into his team and ran through trading them on the GTS in response to the players trying to clog the GTS up.)

Should have taken it a step further. 0 IVs on everything, worst nature possible, etc.

Why do people clog the GTS? Are they just asses, or are they doing it for a reason? Soul Silver trading is super bad because of it.

With the 4th gen games, at least, there's a glitch that lets you clone Pokemon involving the GTS.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Joltik breeding almost gave me a headache. First batch of 15: 2 eggs that ended up Modest and Compound Eyes. TWO! Thank gods that the first of the bunch was relatively superior with a 30 Special Attack and 26 Speed. No way was I running another batch without finding some Tylenol.

I fell in love with that little guy the moment I encountered him in a trainer fight in the desert. Unfortunately, I have yet to get a decent nature, and I'm unwilling to breed until I complete the main game.

What nature are you looking for? I've got: Bold, Brave, Rash, Serious, and Docile.

None were breeded.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    KiTA wrote: »
    (tl;dr: Guy hacked a few of those unobtainable-because-of-level Pokemon into his team and ran through trading them on the GTS in response to the players trying to clog the GTS up.)

Should have taken it a step further. 0 IVs on everything, worst nature possible, etc.

Why do people clog the GTS? Are they just asses, or are they doing it for a reason? Soul Silver trading is super bad because of it.

With the 4th gen games, at least, there's a glitch that lets you clone Pokemon involving the GTS.

Que?

KiTA on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you disconnect the DS at the right time, you'll have a Pokemon on GTS and one on the game cart at the same time

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hrmm. All these new dudes, I don't know what else to train besides my Pignite and Simisage. I have a Munna for Yawn, but it's too slow to be useful otherwise.

The Tympole line is fantastic. I just got my Palpitoad to eveolve into Seismitoad and it's currently my star player. It makes a great electric counter due to it's dual ground type.

I didn't have much luck with Blitzle, though. It always died before I could get off an attack, so I dumped it and waited for Joltik to hit the scene.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    God I do not want to do Victory Road.

Just warp me to the Elite 4.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Victory Road is pretty painless this time around. I think you might need to use strength once, there's a doctor halfway through, and I don't remember too many ridiculous trainers.
    You're buying Repels though right? Because that is the only way I can imagine going through caves now.

DrDinosaur on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just got to the elite four. You don't need strength to pass through victory road. I don't even have it.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you disconnect the DS at the right time, you'll have a Pokemon on GTS and one on the game cart at the same time

Huh. And you can do this with pokemon you deposit and then take back yourself?

KiTA on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is easily my favorite main quest. The new leveling system, get exp. share early, they just GIVE you lucky egg (compare this to RSE gen), and less focus on HMs. It's less tedious bullshit and more focus on the good stuff.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    Transdimensional WhaleTransdimensional Whale Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I think I recall actually requiring an HM to get to the next segment of the game exactly once, and that was Cut at the very beginning when I was still using things I had no intention of keeping past the second gym.

Transdimensional Whale on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Even Victory Road is fairly straight forward and has a couple of awesome new Pokémon.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Steel Ant is pretty kickass. Fire Anteater that eats the Steel Ants also great.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vanguard wrote: »
    KungFu, I have all that stuff you want ready to go. I'll be around for an hour at most.

Sorry, I was at work until 9. I'll just try and catch ya some other time. I am mostly available before 3pm and after 9pm

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did you still need a Deino? I have a couple lying around, some freshly hatched.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Omeks wrote: »

The Tympole line is fantastic. I just got my Palpitoad to eveolve into Seismitoad and it's currently my star player. It makes a great electric counter due to it's dual ground type.

I didn't have much luck with Blitzle, though. It always died before I could get off an attack, so I dumped it and waited for Joltik to hit the scene.

Once he learned Spark and Flame Charge he got much more reliable (if fragile), although I need to find some more powerful attacks for him to make up for his defences.
    Steel Ant is pretty kickass.

"...covering themselves in steel armor to protect themselves from Heatmor"

Hmm...

(Although, yeah, it is pretty cool).

And Victory Road was crazy quick for me.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I was catching Litwicks for my Chandelure breeding project. I caught like 4, got one with a perfect HP IV, another with a perfect Special Attack IV (both female). I think, great, I'll breed the special attack one with my ditto here that has a perfect Defense IV and we'll be good. So, of course, not needing the other ones I release them.
    Then I double-checked the one that I kept.
    It was the HP one.
    Goddammit

DrDinosaur on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey, who knows. Maybe Durant used to be ants only facing SlightlyWarm-mor as enemies. Then the ants clad themselves in Steel armor. This sparked an arms race with Heatmor now wielding a mini-volcano.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This is easily my favorite main quest. The new leveling system, get exp. share early, they just GIVE you lucky egg (compare this to RSE gen), and less focus on HMs. It's less tedious bullshit and more focus on the good stuff.

What's really going to suck is that I beat the game, and have pretty much the layout of a full dex (looking at it, the only thing I'm missing now are the legendaries, the white exclusive Bald Eagle, and the second fossil)... and I need to go back to HGSS / Plat and finish the dexes THERE before moving forward here. Ugh.

I heard someplace if you have platinum and SS, you don't need to import anything from other Gen 1-3 games, as Plat handles it all. Not sure if that's true.

KiTA on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there any way to check Reshiram's nature at all before the game ends? You get thrown into battle the second you catch it, and while you can see the stats, you can't see the nature (unless I'm overlooking it somewhere). I'm debating whether or not I should even give a rat's ass. It's not like you can ever use the thing anyways, either in game (it's banned in all official stuff like the battle subway) or online (cue bitching from your opponent). I won't waste my time trying to get decent IV's, but a good nature would be nice at least.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Is there any way to check Reshiram's nature at all before the game ends? You get thrown into battle the second you catch it, and while you can see the stats, you can't see the nature (unless I'm overlooking it somewhere). I'm debating whether or not I should even give a rat's ass. It's not like you can ever use the thing anyways, either in game (it's banned in all official stuff like the battle subway) or online (cue bitching from your opponent). I won't waste my time trying to get decent IV's, but a good nature would be nice at least.

I believe the only way to do it would be to fill up your entire PC, which triggers an error code and allows you to continue the game without catching him.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, you could randomly put in natures into an IV calculator with your Reshirams' stats until it stops giving errors about incorrect values to find out the nature that way, I guess.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, does anyone have a Totodile in this yet?

Mechanical on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Or lose against N.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You can check something's nature with Synchronize, can't you? Maybe I'm misremembering what that does. If there's anything with that ability you could just drop that at the front for your party before plot takes over.

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You can check something's nature with Synchronize, can't you? Maybe I'm misremembering what that does. If there's anything with that ability you could just drop that at the front for your party before plot takes over.

Synchronize makes the wild pokémon copy the ability of the syncher if it's leading.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh, alright. My mistake.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    RockinX wrote: »
    Or lose against N.

Tried this as plan B. This works.

I like the way they structured the end. Despite what you may think, there's no point of no return. You can walk away at any time, and there's even a guy who'll teleport you back out.

Then again, makes sense really. There's no place to level at the very end. If you were underleveled and couldn't win, you'd be screwed.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really wish I could pick what kind of pokeball the bred pokemon are in. I want all my pokemon to come out of dusk balls

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I need to check this more often! I could use one if you're available.

My friend code is: 0604-5801-6705

edit: I got your friend code off the OP.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    KungFu wrote: »

What name did you want? Also, natures and IVs if it matters:

Deino #2 (M) - Brave | 12/26/30/22/2/6
    Deino #3 (F) - Hasty | 12/18/6/20/12/31

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stragint wrote: »
    I really wish I could pick what kind of pokeball the bred pokemon are in. I want all my pokemon to come out of dusk balls

I went ahead and hacked my Servine's into a Safari Ball because it looks cool.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    KungFu wrote: »

What name did you want? Also, natures and IVs if it matters:

Deino #2 (M) - Brave | 12/26/30/22/2/6
    Deino #3 (F) - Hasty | 12/18/6/20/12/31

If theres no nickname thatd be preferred. Male & brave please.

Connecting to Nintendo wifi

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Good cause I'm having a bitch of a time finding the name rater! :( Stupid bulbapedia not actually listing where in the gigantic city the damn guy is. Hopping on now.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Heading up to the Dragon Gym now. What kind of 'mon am I supposed to beat dragons?

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Ice moves, or other dragon moves. It's not the worst gym though, so you can plow your way through.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Can't seem to get past "Communicating with Aegis"

Shows I have a full 3 bars connection but is there a port I should forward on my router perhaps?

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Connectiong being wonky tonight?

Edit: Yea I'm getting the same thing. Lemme setup for trade and you try and talk with me again.

Aegis on
    Characters