As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokémon Black and White and THREAD ALL OVER

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    To trade with someone you know, do you have to see the pokemon in question?

I need one of the blob fetusamons and I haven't run into him yet with another trainer, so he isn't logged as seen yet. I have black and he doesn't show up in black.

Only need to have seen it to request or search for it on the GTS.

-SPI- on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Omeks wrote: »
    I didn't have much luck with Blitzle, though. It always died before I could get off an attack, so I dumped it and waited for Joltik to hit the scene.

o_O

Blitzle is one of the fastest dudes in the game, Zebstrika moreso. What were you facing that were hitting him first?

But yeah, they're very much glass cannons and will take some care, especially pre-evolution.

Riches gauntlet is getting tough now. Had to throw out my Gigalith to soak up attacks while I healed/revived other guys today. I don't think there are any others coming (I was told I've beaten the whole family), but there are still two empty seats at the table...

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I love the street musicians that seamlessly mix into the town themes while you're nearby.
    The beatboxer in village bridge completely caught me off guard. Amazing.

I only realised it in Opelucid and had to go back to all the other musicans I'd seen. It put a smirk on my face because I remembered the Game Freak employee in-game who talks about something like 'modifiers' to the music and I was thinking (not sure what he meant by the term) "Low health alert track, Gym Leader final Pokemon track, what else?" He sure showed me.
    Jave wrote: »
    My team after Gym #7 and Dragonspiral Tower:

Lilligant (Lv. 42)
    Samurott (Lv. 40)
    Conkeldurr (Lv. 38)
    Simsear (Lv. 38)
    Zebstrika (Lv. 38)

Not sure who to put on spot #6. I'm keeping a Tranquil because of Fly, but I might start using a Ghost. I'm thinking Litwick.

Sigilyph is amazing if you still want a flying type. Although it's hard to give it Fly when Air Slash is so good on it and it has such a good movepool.

EDIT: My Zebstrika is almost about to learn Wild Charge. 90 power physical electric attack, mmmmmm.

PaperLuigi44 on
    edited March 2011
    EDIT: My Zebstrika is almost about to learn Wild Charge. 90 power physical electric attack, mmmmmm.

The recoil is totally worth it. That move just ends things, and Zebstrika's fast enough to almost always hit first. An electric Flare Blitz? Sure, sign me up!

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, just past the second gym, and I'm noting I have no real way to deal with Flying, Bug, or Grass pokes. You know, everything in Pinwheel forest.

My current "team" is mostly Servine, Sawk and Herdier. I'm also hauling around Panpour, but he rarely gets called out, and I may replace him with the tadpole anyway. Not sure.

Houn on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The bugs in the forest for the grass and roggenrola from wellspring cave for the flying and bug.

-SPI- on
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm thinking of taking Zebstrika out of my rotation for the E4. I was thinking of replacing him with a fire type since I'm already running Eelektros and it's really the only type I don't have in my party, which currently consists of:

Beartic
    Eelektros
    Seismitoad
    Krookodile
    Haxorus

I was thinking about Darumaka, or maybe, possibly Emboar.

Vanguard on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pick up a Venipede - that'll help greatly with the Poison STAB and grass types (and some of the bugs that are also grass).

Pidove is around, you could maybe pick up one of those temporarily to Gust away Grass and Bugs, too.

Also Woobat and Roggenrola from the Wellspring Cave, that's just past the second gym town.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A tower of unity. Oh, you want more. Go to Castelia City's oddly named Unity Pier and take the boat. I think you need to make at least one international trade before it shows up. It's a cool place.

But what do you DO in there? Does it download the teams the trainers used when they connected to GTS? Do they randomly ask how their pokemon are doing? Is it just a name collection thing?

KiTA on
    edited March 2011
    KiTA wrote: »
    A tower of unity. Oh, you want more. Go to Castelia City's oddly named Unity Pier and take the boat. I think you need to make at least one international trade before it shows up. It's a cool place.

But what do you DO in there? Does it download the teams the trainers used when they connected to GTS? Do they randomly ask how their pokemon are doing? Is it just a name collection thing?

Just a name collection thing. It also retains what pokemon you traded, which was nice.

There are over 100 floors there... one per country. USA is Floor 7, Japan is somewhere in the mid-60s. Those are the only two I have presently.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • DeathwingDeathwing Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Woo, beat the game last night and started transferring Pokes over from Diamond - I almost feel bad swapping out most of the Gen 5 Pokes for now, but I love my squad full of Eevee evolutions. Keeping Mienshao though, because, hey, kung-fu ferret.

Stands at Jolteon/Leafeon/Espeon/Glaceon/Ninetales/Mienshao for the moment, might possibly change Ninetales out for something else though.

Deathwing on
    steam_sig.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Every legendary respawns. Oddly so does Volcorona

Oh, that's interesting. Do they give out enough experience points to make farming worthwhile?

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I breed an egg move onto a pokemon, then overwrite the move later, can I heartscale it back on? Or do heart scales only work for normal level up moves?

DrDinosaur on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Only normal level up moves.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited March 2011
    Deathwing wrote: »
    Woo, beat the game last night and started transferring Pokes over from Diamond - I almost feel bad swapping out most of the Gen 5 Pokes for now, but I love my squad full of Eevee evolutions. Keeping Mienshao though, because, hey, kung-fu ferret.

Stands at Jolteon/Leafeon/Espeon/Glaceon/Ninetales/Mienshao for the moment, might possibly change Ninetales out for something else though.

Flareon, perhaps?

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If only Flareon came with Drought...

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dang. Well, Chandelure doesn't really need Clear Smog I guess.

DrDinosaur on
  • DeathwingDeathwing Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Deathwing wrote: »

Flareon, perhaps?

Yeah, that's the obvious choice - wasn't crazy about the stats on the one I had back then, but worth another look.

EDIT: Hmm, could have sworn I had one stuffed in a box somewhere...ah well, time to restart the Eevee factory!

Deathwing on
    steam_sig.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Andy Joe wrote: »

Oh, that's interesting. Do they give out enough experience points to make farming worthwhile?

I think they respawn every 3 real life days, or longer. So, no.

KiTA on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Is this only if you KO them?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stragint wrote: »

Is this only if you KO them?

Yeah and If I recall you have to beat the elite four.

Honestly only Kyruem and volcorona are even high enough toeven consider farming anyway.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So i saw a shiny audino in gts and traded my only oshawatt (which i got for another audino trade) to get it.

Any ideas what i can get for it?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    is joltik good?

cause I want to raise one.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    is joltik good?

cause I want to raise one.

Stated earlier in the thread, it has the ability compound eyes which raises accuracy 30%.

It can also learn thunder which has a base acc of 75 but with compound eyes is raised to 91. So yeah he's okay i guess.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Joltik is pretty solid. He's fast, accurate, and hits hard enough to be competitive. I would recommend that you pick a nature which favors special attack and neglects either attack, defense, or special defense. As Darunia106 pointed out, his ability (the one you want anyway, unnerve is garbage), make Thunder a lot more of a threat.

Another benefit is that he only has one weakness: fire, which deals double damage.

Vanguard on
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Joltik is pretty solid. He's fast, accurate, and hits hard enough to be competitive. I would recommend that you pick a nature which favors special attack and neglects either attack, defense, or special defense. As Darunia106 pointed out, his ability (the one you want anyway, unnerve is garbage), make Thunder a lot more of a threat.

Another benefit is that he only has one weakness: fire, which deals double damage.

Rock too. Joltik is terrified of Magcargo (Hahaha)

pirateluigi on
    http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I added Beartic to my team
    I told my wife I was thinking of naming him the south pole, or something like that, due to his groinly-placed tuft of fur.

Rango suggested that instead, I name him "I.C. Weiner"

I have the best wife.

CangoFett on
    edited March 2011
    Vanguard wrote: »

Rock too. Joltik is terrified of Magcargo (Hahaha)

My bad, I read the Serebii page too quickly. Either way, he's a pretty good choice for a quick special attacker.

If you want a Pokemon with no weakness, go with Eelektros. Unless your opponent has gravity that is.

Vanguard on
  • JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My Samurott's Hidden Power is Fire.

Should I...?

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • TheRagingSlimeTheRagingSlime Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I HAVE FRIEND CODE!!

check sig.

TheRagingSlime on
    NEW Pokemon Black FC: 1506 5551 4523

Trading Zoruas and 4th gen shinies for profit! Call now!
    o.pngo.pngo.pngo.png
    Feel 'em.
    edited March 2011
    Jave wrote: »
    My Samurott's Hidden Power is Fire.

Should I...?

One word. Definitely.

TheRagingSlime on

o.pngo.pngo.pngo.png
    Feel 'em.
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh Thunder is 75 accuracy? I thought it was 70.

In that case Thunder becomes 97.5% accurate.

Dunxco on
    edited March 2011
    VICTINI GET!!!

Now, anyone wanna trade? I have version exclusives. In this world, thats like saying 'i have candy' to a 5-year old.

TheRagingSlime on

o.pngo.pngo.pngo.png
    Feel 'em.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dunxco wrote: »
    Oh Thunder is 75 accuracy? I thought it was 70.

In that case Thunder becomes 97.5% accurate.

No, you had it right

darunia should be ashamed of his lack of pokeknowledge

Also, I really wish I had known there was an early in-game trade for Cottonee or Petelil depending on your version.

I got Black pretty much entirely because Whimsicott is the raddest little motherfucker

Maddoc on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel odd using a pure fighting and a pure normal poke; I'm used to Diamond where I was rolling with coverage all over the place. Of course, by the end of Diamond, I had:

Infernape (Fire/Fight)
    Torterra (Grass/Ground + Seed Bomb, thanks again Kay!)
    Luxray (Elec, w/ some Dark Attacks)
    Floatzel (Water)
    Staraptor (Flying)

And the 6th slot varied based on my need, be it ghost, bug, etc. Usually just an HM slave, though. I know I'm early in Black, but I'm feeling very much the lack of type coverage that I was relying upon before.

Houn on
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah I thought I was right. Then again so many little things changed. Like Tackle being base power 50.

Dunxco on
    edited March 2011
    Someone save me from this plight of Ditto's! I need a modest Ditto for about an hour so I can breed something. Someone deliver me from Ditto

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My dittos are all on Diamond, I'm afraid. :|

Do you have a Modest Elgyem or Munna with Synchronise? If so, take one of those to the ditto hunting spot and put it in the lead. 50% chance of each wild pokemon you encounter being modest!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited March 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    My dittos are all on Diamond, I'm afraid. :|

Do you have a Modest Elgyem or Munna with Synchronise? If so, take one of those to the ditto hunting spot and put it in the lead. 50% chance of each wild pokemon you encounter being modest!

For real? Gonna have to try to get one of them as a modest then

Stragint on

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stragint wrote: »
    Someone save me from this plight of Ditto's! I need a modest Ditto for about an hour so I can breed something. Someone deliver me from Ditto

Got a thundurus I could borrow for an hour? :winky:

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576