As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Creamsteak wrote: »
    Next time I think I'll opt to be an assistant. My metal gear solid psyche bar was completely depleted somewhere around halfway through the 3rd challenge (and my appologies to the nice people I may have been rude to at that point), and when I tried to use shots to recover it things started to get fuzzy. I Earned my mewtwo badge! But I have no idea how the hell I managed to get back to the hotel. My last memory is rdr saying "We thought we lost you!" and then being in a cab. I next woke up in my hotel rooms bathroom.

no, that was ME saying we thought we lost you, lol. I hailed you a cab and got you back to your hotel. The winning side is that you were the first one to finish the challenges from Yellow A :) but the mewtwo definitely put you over the edge, which it didn't *look* like it was going to when you took it.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Next time I think I'll opt to be an assistant. My metal gear solid psyche bar was completely depleted somewhere around halfway through the 3rd challenge (and my appologies to the nice people I may have been rude to at that point), and when I tried to use shots to recover it things started to get fuzzy. I Earned my mewtwo badge! But I have no idea how the hell I managed to get back to the hotel. My last memory is rdr saying "We thought we lost you!" and then being in a cab. I next woke up in my hotel rooms bathroom.

no, that was ME saying we thought we lost you, lol. I hailed you a cab and got you back to your hotel. The winning side is that you were the first one to finish the challenges from Yellow A :) but the mewtwo definitely put you over the edge, which it didn't *look* like it was going to when you took it.

It was definitely the final blow. Thanks though. You are my hero then! When we all stood up from "that spot" I thought we were leaving, so I went outside. And I don't know how long I was out there before the cab. I have vague memories of maybe paying my cabbie my last $14, and maybe making a blind sprint to the elevator, and maybe managing to get my keycard to my hotel room to work on the first time. A lot of that could have just been my imagination though.

I did find out how much I ended up down at that last bar. $16, $32, and $8 respectively. And the me today is definitely pissed off at the me that existed then for that.

Creamsteak on
  • Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks to all those that came out for a great evening of boozing and mingling!

To all of Squirtle B: you're amazing. You made the evening of the prof, assistant, and nurse much easier than I could have ever hoped for. A staff member of McFadden's told me we were the coolest group of people (along with Snorlax) that he's ever seen at the venue.

Sammy: kudos to you, girl. I would have bought you a drink or two to express gratitude, but you weren't drinking, lol. Seriously, thank you so much for all you did and carrying the money purse when my pockets were too full to carry everything.

Jamie: thanks you to as well. You signed up that night as an assistant, and extra hands to herd 50+ people around are always handy. You did a great job.

Atlus: the professor of professors, the Provost of PokeCrawl University. The packets were amazing this year, and I can't believe you keep doing this twice a year, oh fearless leader. Anytime you need a professor, let me know.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options
    D Versus AD Versus A Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BlasTech wrote: »
    Haha, everyone I saw at PAX said, "Oh, you're not dead!".

So, sorry if I annoyed/upset/tried to hug you to many times, haha.

Haha me and you shared a cab, It took me to the seaport and it took you to..wherever it was you were going. You were pretty well oiled when we got into that cab. Good Stuff.

D Versus A on
    Friend: Wow..what happened to him?
    Me: He dun goofed.
    Friend: .........What?
  • Options
    edited March 2011

It was definitely the final blow. Thanks though. You are my hero then! When we all stood up from "that spot" I thought we were leaving, so I went outside. And I don't know how long I was out there before the cab. I have vague memories of maybe paying my cabbie my last $14, and maybe making a blind sprint to the elevator, and maybe managing to get my keycard to my hotel room to work on the first time. A lot of that could have just been my imagination though.

I did find out how much I ended up down at that last bar. $16, $32, and $8 respectively. And the me today is definitely pissed off at the me that existed then for that.

Yeah Rdr was there as well because he was just coming back from kittys. We had stood up to try to get you more water :P You were in that spot for about 25 minutes or so.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yeah Rdr was there as well because he was just coming back from kittys. We had stood up to try to get you more water :P You were in that spot for about 25 minutes or so.

Amazingly, I made it into the keynote line around 9 AM and went into the keynote. Sadly, after about 10 minutes of sitting next to some guy with some sort of cologne that was violating my olfactory senses I ended up bailing and didn't get back into the convention till about 3 pm. I don't think I saw much else of team yellow or any of the other pokecrawl people I met after that.

Creamsteak on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Amazingly, I made it into the keynote line around 9 AM and went into the keynote. Sadly, after about 10 minutes of sitting next to some guy with some sort of cologne that was violating my olfactory senses I ended up bailing and didn't get back into the convention till about 3 pm. I don't think I saw much else of team yellow or any of the other pokecrawl people I met after that.

From what I've seen, success on any barcrawl is about knowing one's own limits. You definitely now know for next time, and I bet you'll plan accordingly :) I would also encourage all professors/assists to try to encourage all their charges to drink at least one full glass of water after every challenge.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    ZarienZarien Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All i know is that Squirtle Team B was the best group of all, just saying. I completed all the challenges, though whoever supported me in doing all 5 shots (and then coming back and doing another 5) i love/hate you. Also, if you know how i ended up with a giant cut on my forehead by the end of the night, that would be awesome lol. Everyone that was with us at Kityy O'sheas at the end of the night, you were all amazing people. I met alot of charmander people who were really cool. So who destroyed their voices that night? I still am just now recovering mine.

Zarien on
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    From what I've seen, success on any barcrawl is about knowing one's own limits. You definitely now know for next time, and I bet you'll plan accordingly :) I would also encourage all professors/assists to try to encourage all their charges to drink at least one full glass of water after every challenge.

THIS so much. My handlers forcing me to keep a 1:1 drink/water ratio are the only reason that this Snorlax wasn't sick as a dog on Friday (them and the gods of NoHangoversAtPAX, seriously need to set up an alter at Prime).

Also, thank you to everyone who played along with my little challenge. That was an amazingly amusing night and was far more SUPER EFFECTIVE than I ever imagined. To whoever bought me the shot of rum, you are a terrible, horrible, awful, no good, and very bad person and I WILL have my revenge at Prime where the Campers will have some sort of official challenge figured out ahead of time (and possible cookies >.>). Anyway, thanks again to everyone. You made this Snorlax very happy and I enjoyed hanging out with everyone. <3

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Redfield85 I think you were my partner for the 2nd challenge. I was Team Red B, had a zombie charmander shirt. I believe you said your forum name was Redfield85, could be wrong.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Options
    PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cabsy wrote: »
    Apparently I had the schedule mixed up and started drinking at about 3:00 PM.

Good job Team Red! And thanks to everyone who came out and donated!

See you next year! (Or... in Seattle ;) )

And by 3pm you mean 8am?

That's only for PAX Prime, I have to drive to East. On a plane I'm not confined to terrestrial law!

PeasantDave on
  • Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lucazzo wrote: »

To all of Squirtle B: you're amazing. You made the evening of the prof, assistant, and nurse much easier than I could have ever hoped for. A staff member of McFadden's told me we were the coolest group of people (along with Snorlax) that he's ever seen at the venue.

Sammy: kudos to you, girl. I would have bought you a drink or two to express gratitude, but you weren't drinking, lol. Seriously, thank you so much for all you did and carrying the money purse when my pockets were too full to carry everything.

Jamie: thanks you to as well. You signed up that night as an assistant, and extra hands to herd 50+ people around are always handy. You did a great job.

Atlus: the professor of professors, the Provost of PokeCrawl University. The packets were amazing this year, and I can't believe you keep doing this twice a year, oh fearless leader. Anytime you need a professor, let me know.

Agreed to all of this! We rocked every venue and it was awesome meeting all of you and even the Charmander people! We just ended up becoming a big happy family <3 I would be honored to be in your group again Lucazzo! I really hope to make it to Seattle for the Triwizard Tournament.

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Options
    PukaPuka Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lucazzo wrote: »

Bahhhh I wish I did a better job. Who knew drunk people could be so scary? lolol but I'm glad I was able to help out in anyway.
    I'm kind of sad no one got me and my boyfriend's costumes! We were suppose to be:
    gfs_40668_2_1.jpg and Fisherman.png

I say the last bar was the most fun until my darn feet couldn't take it anymore. I'm glad to see everyone had a good time. I would totally do it again. Just wear comfy shoes and driiinnnkk moooaarrr.

Puka on
  • Options
    SirJohnBearSirJohnBear Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Puka wrote: »
    Bahhhh I wish I did a better job. Who knew drunk people could be so scary? lolol but I'm glad I was able to help out in anyway.
    I'm kind of sad no one got me and my boyfriend's costumes! We were suppose to be:
    gfs_40668_2_1.jpg and Fisherman.png

I say the last bar was the most fun until my darn feet couldn't take it anymore. I'm glad to see everyone had a good time. I would totally do it again. Just wear comfy shoes and driiinnnkk moooaarrr.

Ya, everyone was just looking at me like "Who's the dick head in the bright orange vest and hat?"
    18561219644837520011240.jpg

Definitely a great time.

SirJohnBear on
  • Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just want to give out a big 'thank you" to the gal from Team Red that followed me into the bathroom at Kitty O'Shea's to tell me that the Professor from Team Red A was totally eying me up and "really really likes [me]" and that I should "totally give him some attention."

Thank you for letting me know; following your advice I promptly gave Professor Oak my number. We now live together and are considering buying a timeshare. <3

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    NeatoNeato Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    GalFriday wrote: »
    I just want to give out a big 'thank you" to the gal from Team Red that followed me into the bathroom at Kitty O'Shea's to tell me that the Professor from Team Red A was totally eying me up and "really really likes [me]" and that I should "totally give him some attention."

Thank you for letting me know; following your advice I promptly gave Professor Oak my number. We now live together and are considering buying a timeshare. <3

wat

Neato on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Neato wrote: »

wat

I know, right? Timeshares are such a waste of money.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Neato wrote: »

wat

I know, right? Timeshares are such a waste of money.

you misunderstand... she used the bathroom at Kitty O'Shea's? ewwwwww

Neato on
  • Options
    macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Team Red A, here are your crawl photos:
    http://www.rawrphoto.com/Events/PAX-East-2011/16218962_qXXfj

Sorry if the quality wasn't great...I had to make do with the P&S, no way was I dragging my DSLR on a pub crawl.

macrogeek on
  • Options
    LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    omg yes, macrogeek! Thank you! Finally pokecrawl pictures with me in them!

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • Options
    ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Team Green B - In all it's drunken glory and revelry:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59868725@N03/sets/72157626282527938/

Proeliator on
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2674820&id=909051&l=aa91b7689d

March has been a busy month, but all my PAX pics including a TON of barcrawl pics taken by peetsnack and yours truly have surfaced.

Feel free to tag yourselves and your friends in their drunken escapades as you please. :)

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, my friend didn't come to PAX East, but is now going to Prime with a few of us. We are all drinking at his place for St. Patty's Day and I am going to make him do the Pokecrawl Challenges. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, did anyone from Squirtle Team A or B get pictures? I have no memory of whether I was in A or B, because I arrived late after a cancellation and had to change teams.

I would love to be able to reflect on a night that I don't really remember after I uttered the fatal phrase 'Me? I'm from Ireland.'

I had the best night, and would definitely, definitely do it again next year. Big shout-out to Mxwood for being a great drinking buddy.

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey guys, did anyone from Squirtle Team A or B get pictures? I have no memory of whether I was in A or B, because I arrived late after a cancellation and had to change teams.

I would love to be able to reflect on a night that I don't really remember after I uttered the fatal phrase 'Me? I'm from Ireland.'

I had the best night, and would definitely, definitely do it again next year. Big shout-out to Mxwood for being a great drinking buddy.

You're from Ireland? Let me buy you a shot of whiskey!

It was team A you were with. :P

Tuft on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I LOVE how you said hi to me at least three times throughout the course of the night, in passing and the like, and even talked to me for a while and you don't remember it. I think that's the most amazing part about it.

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tuft, I'll go shot-for-shot with you any time. I've seen you fade after one Disaronno Sour. You ain't got nuttin' on this.

Juju, it is equal parts hilarious and shameful. Especially since all I remember is seeing you coming down the street, and running up to you to say hi. You'd think a guy that excited about seeing someone might just make the effort to remember talking to them afterwards. Hey, what can I say? I'll definitely be saying I'm Irish at a more tactically-beneficial time in future.

territoires on
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You actually did talk to me in a bar, haha. Waaayyyy after that. For a while. You were very much so gone :)

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    juju wrote: »
    You actually did talk to me in a bar, haha. Waaayyyy after that. For a while. You were very much so gone :)

Was probably around the time he tried to pull off that magical 3rd hand hi5 with one of our teammates that ended with a broken glass and beer everrrrrrrrrrywhere.

Neato on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In closing, I made PAX East for each of you.

territoires on
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yes! I owe you a shot of whiskey

Neato on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've had enough whiskey for this year...

...is what I would say if I hadn't bought a litre of Jack Daniels upon leaving the States. That's my breakfast, folks.

territoires on
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tuft, I'll go shot-for-shot with you any time. I've seen you fade after one Disaronno Sour. You ain't got nuttin' on this.

Stomach illness, a lightweight does not make. As those blindingly purple shirts say, Bring It. Just.. not whiskey x.x

Tuft on
  • Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

As i was running the show solo for team blue a i did not snap any photos myself ok i snapped one. I will get it up here soon. But for the most part i did not take any. I will say though i saw lots of photos taken of us though not sure who that was but i know they exist.

Singollo on
  • Options
    chrismsxchrismsx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

If you're the same girl that was dressed as Nine Tails (with the tiny tails on the back of your skirt), I think every guy there eyed you at least for a second. lol I totally thought you were the Nine tails from Naruto until I remembered there was indeed a Pokemon with same name... it's been so long I totally blanked out.

chrismsx on
  • Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

aww <3

anytime you want to drink i'm in, I think I need to hit Ireland in the next year or so anyway, just come to prime and drink again.

MxWood on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MxWood wrote: »
    aww <3

anytime you want to drink i'm in, I think I need to hit Ireland in the next year or so anyway, just come to prime and drink again.

Prime is a concept I will probably not achieve. It can be in the pipeline, but it's looking at £900 ($1800~) for flights. Now, if you'll buy the drinks, maybe this can work.

territoires on
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    AmycusAmycus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey mate, I'm that guy from the bar crawl that ran into you at the Merch Booth and Mortal Kombat. Yo =D

If you make it to prime, and so do I, the first couple rounds of drinks are on me

Amycus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I love this forum.

territoires on
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • Options
    LanderolinLanderolin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have some shots from Squirtle B's escapades, I just need to get round to loading them to some form of media site...

Landerolin on
    Pokecrawl 2011 - Team Squirtle!
    Tweet me @Landerolin