As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sticks carrying dogs thread (also cat [chat])

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wazilla wrote: »
    So a trigger warning is like a spoiler for things that might hurt someone's feelings?

Almost, except it's not meant for 'awwww your poor widdle fee-fees got hurt', it's your PTSD being triggered, which is magnitudes less silly.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    pony

how is the conversion going?

slowly

i have a lot on my plate right now

it's a complex setting with a lot of things to explain and shit

so

ah, okay

Captain Carrot on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This Friday shit is the kind of song I expect to show up in the next Dead or Alive Xtreme Paradise Beach Volleyball Giant Titty game.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    desc on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Alcohol lunch on Friday

Wait, you only have alcohol lunches on Friday? How do you get through the rest of the week?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    cass, you're a class act

Nerdgasmic on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alcohol lunch on Friday

Wait, you only have alcohol lunches on Friday? How do you get through the rest of the week?

the rest of the week are black tar heroin lunches

simonwolf on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So a trigger warning is like a spoiler for things that might hurt someone's feelings?

Almost, except it's not meant for 'awwww your poor widdle fee-fees got hurt', it's your PTSD being triggered, which is magnitudes less silly.

which is unique for everyone and not always even remotely predictable as to what could trigger something.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    Alcohol lunch on Friday

alcohol breakfasts

Drez on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know what's interesting? If I YouTube Rebecca Black, I can't find the official music video off hand. But that's the one you're all posting. Which means you fuckers are digging for it. You fuckers like it.

• wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Ok. So it specifically references people with a disorder. That makes a lot more sense.

So I don't have to be like "Trigger warning, cat falling off slippery counter onto floor" or something.

Only things that might legitimately induce an episode.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
    edited March 2011
    This Friday shit is the kind of song I expect to show up in the next Dead or Alive Xtreme Paradise Beach Volleyball Giant Titty game.

That's a insult to all of the music those games have ever featured

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

which is unique for everyone and not always even remotely predictable as to what could trigger something.

trigger warning everything

gotta sign consent forms before reading every post

simonwolf on
    edited March 2011

For certain situations, it's a good idea though.

For instance, a feminist blog that veers between posting pictures of the writer's cats and graphic descriptions of an eleven year old being raped.

edited March 2011
    Tomorrow I'm having a bento box lunch with my Korean friend. This is exciting, it's been a while since I've had sushi and having an Asian with me makes it that much more authentic.

Solomaxwell6 on
    edited March 2011

Ok. So it specifically references people with a disorder. That makes a lot more sense.

So I don't have to be like "Trigger warning, cat falling off slippery counter onto floor" or something.

But that might legitimately induce an episode

Which is why the whole process is flawed

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011

Things that include pretty much everything

I think Pony once brought up the fact that some woman on a feminist blog of some description had gotten angry that there wasn't a trigger warning on a video in a post of small children playing and having a good time

triggers everywhere

simonwolf on
    edited March 2011

For instance, a feminist blog that veers between posting pictures of the writer's cats and graphic descriptions of an eleven year old being raped.

I hear you - I get really distraught when bloggers sucker punch me with posts about their cats.

Drez on
    edited March 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »

Things that include pretty much everything

I think Pony once brought up the fact that some woman on a feminist blog of some description had gotten angry that there wasn't a trigger warning on a video in a post of small children playing and having a good time

triggers everywhere

Sometimes I really regret bitching about feminist blogs with Pony in public and I bring up one thing that bothers me, because then people bring it up six months later and I just throw my hands up.

edited March 2011

oh god my cat was run over by a car in front of my very eyes

why didn't you trigger warning that you heartless person you

whyyyyyy

simonwolf on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tomorrow I'm having a bento box lunch with my Korean friend. This is exciting, it's been a while since I've had sushi and having an Asian with me makes it that much more authentic.

Except bento is a japanese term YOU RACIST

RACISTTTT

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Its not authentic Korean food unless its got at least 2 or 3 kinds of kimchi on it. Dudes have 100 different kinds and they never get enough of it.

Dr Mario Kart on
    edited March 2011

So uh

why exactly do they feel the need to graphically describe a child getting raped?

Eddy on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

But that might legitimately induce an episode

Which is why the whole process is flawed

I'm more inquiring for my own benefit so I am at least familiar with the concept and what legitimate uses it may have. It seems like a small thing I can do that in some situations is useful, and if someone calls me out when I don't and I don't feel I needed to I'll tell them to fly a kite.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eddy wrote: »

So uh

why exactly do they feel the need to graphically describe a child getting raped?

because patriarchy.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Its not authentic Korean food unless its got at least 2 or 3 kinds of kimchi on it. Dudes have 100 different kinds and they never get enough of it.

I'm eating two different kinds of kimchi right now

F E R M E N T A T I O N

Eddy on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

So uh

It secretly turns them on.

I'm single ladies. :winky:

Caveman Paws on
    edited March 2011

So uh

Stuff like the recent Texas brouhaha, explaining why the New York Times coverage is so inherently flawed.

Or a writer will describe her own rape as a child as a cathartic process.

Stuff like that.

edited March 2011

Except bento is a japanese term YOU RACIST

RACISTTTT

It's a Japanese restaurant, it's Arigato Sushi or something like that.

He's not an actual Japanese, but it's not like I can tell the difference. I'll just ooh and aah over the fact that he can use chopsticks.

Solomaxwell6 on
    edited March 2011

I'm eating two different kinds of kimchi right now

F E R M E N T A T I O N

What kinds of kimchi

I am getting a hankering for some Korean food actually

really want some o' dat bibimbap in my belly

simonwolf on
    edited March 2011
    I saw that, Drez.

edited March 2011
    I think the word "brouhaha" should be changed to "broulaugh."

Thoughts?

Drez on
    edited March 2011
    I saw that, Drez.

It was directed at Paws, not you, hence the delete.

Drez on
    edited March 2011
    I'll just ooh and aah over the fact that he can use chopsticks.

Wait, some people still don't know how to use chopsticks?

mind

blown

simonwolf on
    edited March 2011
    standard cabbage and also radish

I'm not going to try and transliterate them, but fermented radish has always been my favorite dish (and which is why I eat pounds of it whenever I visit my parents)

Eddy on
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh my, I think someone MIGHT have written a missed connection about me. If so, awesome. If not, I'll still wait for one.

Mim on
    edited March 2011
    I saw that, Drez.

I just like making people who delete their posts sweat 8-)

edited March 2011
    I saw that, Drez.

I just like making people who delete their posts sweat 8-)

Oh I sweat alright. I sweat like a pig.

Drez on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My ears are burning...

Caveman Paws on
    edited March 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    Oh my, I think someone MIGHT have written a missed connection about me. If so, awesome. If not, I'll still wait for one.

it was me

i wrote that missed connection

simonwolf on
This discussion has been closed.