As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sticks carrying dogs thread (also cat [chat])

1585960616264»

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I haven't had coke/mountain dew/any mainstream soda for, like, four years

what a life I lead

simonwolf on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't remember the last time I downed a mountain dew. My nerd cred is plummeting.

I stopped drinking it after I learned Mountain W from Wegmans tastes pretty much the same and is half the price. I suck down way too much soda (my only real vice, thank goodness), and getting Mountain Dew instead would cost me an extra $100 a year or so.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mim wrote: »
    FUCKING HELL. It wasn't about me.

Some chick was running around wearing an orange shirt.

Bet it wasn't as awesome as my orange dress.

Mim why are you even concerned about this kind of thing

ain't you gots one of them man friends to connect with

all up ons

simonwolf on
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I could avoid that. If you are above 70, sure fine you can be angry. Its irrational but understandable.

Actually I wouldn't mind punishing the makers of the Pearl Harbor movie though. Ugh it was bad.

Total deaths from the nuclear bombs from radiation and after effects puts it near the fire bombings by some counts btw. But the thing is less the death toll, more that a single bomb killed so many instantly. I mean when you think about it, the damage done by the bombs is less than what was done to Dresden, Tokyo and numerous other cities but those cities were done with thousands of bombs. I mean sit and think about a single bomb leveling an entire city. It really fucks with your mind.

I seem to recall reading that the Czar Bomba (biggest bomb ever made, fortunately impractical to actually use), if dropped in New York, would have a big enough blast radius to damage Boston and DC. That's just insane.

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/16

Mess around with this thing. It's pretty horrifying. Especially if you factor in that many of these weapons would be delivered in MIRV form.

Ok, upon further inspection, those don't actually appear to be MIRV warheads. But some of them have similar yields!

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cass is your shit fixed now y n

skippydumptruck on
  • MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    FUCKING HELL. It wasn't about me.

Some chick was running around wearing an orange shirt.

Bet it wasn't as awesome as my orange dress.

Mim why are you even concerned about this kind of thing

ain't you gots one of them man friends to connect with

all up ons

Yeah, but its still cool to have one about you. Know someone out there is secretly thinking you're cute.

Mim on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I could avoid that. If you are above 70, sure fine you can be angry. Its irrational but understandable.

Actually I wouldn't mind punishing the makers of the Pearl Harbor movie though. Ugh it was bad.

Total deaths from the nuclear bombs from radiation and after effects puts it near the fire bombings by some counts btw. But the thing is less the death toll, more that a single bomb killed so many instantly. I mean when you think about it, the damage done by the bombs is less than what was done to Dresden, Tokyo and numerous other cities but those cities were done with thousands of bombs. I mean sit and think about a single bomb leveling an entire city. It really fucks with your mind.

I seem to recall reading that the Czar Bomba (biggest bomb ever made, fortunately impractical to actually use), if dropped in New York, would have a big enough blast radius to damage Boston and DC. That's just insane.

A kind of freaky thought experiment is sit and tried to think of how a nuclear explosion would effect the city you live in. How everything you know and everyone you know would just go poof in under 15 seconds. Afterwards there are massive fires. Then the radiation poisoning kicks in parts that weren't even hit by the explosion. And there is nothing left but ash for miles from where it went off.

Yeah, also going to Hiroshima which I have been to twice is really fucking creepy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

i don't know i'm kind of sinking into insanity so probably not a good idea to play a competitive team game right now

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time I downed a mountain dew. My nerd cred is plummeting.

I don't know if not drinking enough Mountain Dew is something you really need to worry about. It's .. green syrup.

I'm a bit of a health food nut, my worst vice is breakfast cereals, so not drinking soda pop isn't something I yearn to do.

Caveman Paws on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I could have done a missed connection about the Ukrainian girl who turned me down at a club months ago, but I bet if she saw it, she would've just laughed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

i don't know i'm kind of sinking into insanity so probably not a good idea to play a competitive team game right now

oh you can play with me

I am saving you a spot because we are buds

skippydumptruck on
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This place is so boring. I don't know how I survived.

Masturbation. Or books. Maybe fire.

I don't remember the fire!

radroadkill on
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, but its still cool to have one about you. Know someone out there is secretly thinking you're cute.

See, I do not have that problem, because I know everyone finds me physically repugnant

simonwolf on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i think i am going to take a rain check, but thank you

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2011
    speaking of physical repugnancy, time to go to the gym and feel awful about myself

Later, [chat]

simonwolf on
    edited March 2011

Fire is super important for not being bored.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    speaking of physical repugnancy, time to go to the gym and feel awful about myself

Later, [chat]

Funny, that there is your best solution.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Fire is super important for not being bored.

It's true. :winky:

Incenjucar on
    edited March 2011
    Unless it sets your apartment complex up in flames! At 2AM. In the cold.

radroadkill on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

A kind of freaky thought experiment is sit and tried to think of how a nuclear explosion would effect the city you live in. How everything you know and everyone you know would just go poof in under 15 seconds. Afterwards there are massive fires. Then the radiation poisoning kicks in parts that weren't even hit by the explosion. And there is nothing left but ash for miles from where it went off.

Yeah, also going to Hiroshima which I have been to twice is really fucking creepy.

The US would probably be better off without DC, amirite?

Solomaxwell6 on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    SLBMs are so rad

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2011
    Okay, maybe I should've taken mom's phone away. I insisted on leaving it at the hospital with her in case she needed to call for something important but something important has been doped up facebook updates and calling me to chat just now.

This lady.

They need to give her sleepy meds!

radroadkill on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    He can't get up because he's too CUTE

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited March 2011
    French Bulldogs are so fucking cute. Ludious that is so DAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Mazzy, make us a new chat. Gooey is backup.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.