As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Legend of Who?

Gold StingGold Sting Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Artist's Corner
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but my friend and I have been working on a machinima for a while and, I thought I'd share it. It's kind of NSFW, so be wary
Episode 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5SBnOyHroM
Episode 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDfyPva8M8&feature=watch_response

Gold Sting on

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Are you actually looking for critique?

The acting is pretty bad, and I think that its pretty hard to make a bunch of dick jokes if you don't have stellar comedic timing and good acting. The audio quality is also kinda weak in places.

Iruka on
  • Gold StingGold Sting Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Iruka wrote: »
    Are you actually looking for critique?

The acting is pretty bad, and I think that its pretty hard to make a bunch of dick jokes if you don't have stellar comedic timing and good acting. The audio quality is also kinda weak in places.
    I'm aware of the audio problem, and your input is much appreciated.

Gold Sting on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    I realize that I may have seemed stand offish with that first statement, but that was actually more of a "are you just doing this for fun?" question. Sorry if it came off with the wrong tone.

Knowing your goals with this project will help us critique you better. If you are looking for wide appeal and actual viewership, for instance, I would say you might want to drop the dick jokes and figure out what else could be funny. You have sort of limited tools with how shitty OCOT looks now, expressions are sorta out the window. You really want to lock down timing and acting.

If you have favorite shows/comedians, I would look to them for inspiration.

Iruka on
    edited March 2011
    We're just doing this for fun really. But thank you for your critique, we will keep that in mind for the next episode.

Gold Sting on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If you are just doing this for fun and aren't looking for critique, just sharing it, then it doesn't belong here.
    Post it in the chat thread, or a different forum.

RubberAC on
    edited March 2011
    RubberAC wrote: »
    If you are just doing this for fun and aren't looking for critique, just sharing it, then it doesn't belong here.
    Post it in the chat thread, or a different forum.
    We are looking for critique though, yes our original intention was to make it for fun, but part of the fun is seeing how we can change things to the story to make it appealing to larger audiences.

Gold Sting on