As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls Meetup at East

123457»

• Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh Eep you poor soul. I can't wait for Sunday. Pax just started and I'm already having a blast.

Feels like i've been here 3 days and it's barely been 1 lol.

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    G33kGrrlyG33kGrrly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Boo! I'd love to go to this but there's an artist thing I want to go to at PAX itself.

Also, Lucky's is really good. <3 them.

G33kGrrly on
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll be joining you at the Westin. I'm not staying there, but I'll be heading to the center early and I'll walk over with everyone so I don't get lost. :P

LedaXI on
  • Options
    aneksianeksi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do you think I could join you ladies at the Westin? I have very little idea how to get there on my own!

My Twitter is @Car1ssa , you can PM me here or text me (508) 324-5517
    agony42 wrote: »
    Ok so from the Westin so far is

Kiss Me Goodbye
    agony42
    tvethopia

So we're all gonna meet at 9:30 in the lobby?

This sounds good to me!

Me too. 9:30 in the Westin lobby. How will we all identify each other?

Good question! I'll be looking for tvethiopia and her heartthrob game since I think that will stand out the most.

aneksi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Being a noob, I Googled "hearthtob" and just got a bunch of pictures with Justin Beiber and I am going to assume that is not what you are carrying... Although you would be easy to find!
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    Ok so from the Westin so far is

Kiss Me Goodbye
    agony42
    tvethopia

So we're all gonna meet at 9:30 in the lobby?

Me too. 9:30 in the Westin lobby. How will we all identify each other?

i'll be carrying hearthrob! also, this is all assuming none of us get bumped, which the westin is totally doing right now. there's panic in the hotel thread.

People are getting bumped?? what's happening ::scurries off to hotel thread::

aneksi on
  • Options
    astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey InterContinental girls!

Menolly07 and I are meeting in the InterContinental lobby at 8:50am in order to catch the 9:00am shuttle to the BCEC so we can meet up with the Westin girls. (cue singing: 'westin girls, east end boys')

Tweet @callista if you're going to meet us.

astillac on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I would love to join you Westin ladies at 9:30. I'm the one with the frizzy red-brown hair. :)

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Don't forget Daylight Savings Time tomorrow!

aneksi on
  • Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    zomg. Thanks for the reminder. Yipes. I better get to bed. :D

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sadly, I'm officially not joining you ladies on account of making it through the concert round! :D You might've seen me taking off my shirt on stage (for those who WEREN'T there, I had a Wonder Woman tee on underneath, so no, I wasn't flashing PAX). I'm told I'm the first female contestant to make it this far in the Omegathon. I know you'll all be busy at brunch during my next round, but if I make it through to the finals, I hope you'll come cheer me on!

Operation tomorrow. We scrub in at 10:30. Wish me and my partner ALL THE LUCK. :) Have fun at the brunch! I'm with you in spirit! And in desiring something other than whatever crap I'll be grabbing from Starbucks!

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is this at 9am or 10am? Holy hell, what am I going to do @__@;;;

Edit: I think its safe to assume it's at 10am. I am passing out as I type this, so, if I am late, it's because I thought it was at 10. See you all tomorrow!

Nullthread on
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whoooooooops. Daylight savings time. Okie, I'm totally not making it right at 10am, but I'll be there!

Edit: Scratch that, we appear to have a transportation-related miscommunication on top of our cell phone alarm deciding it didn't want to change to Daylight Savings. Sadly, looks like I'm not making it. Have a fabulous brunch, ladies!

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I left my penny at Lucky's!! Did anyone happen to pick it up? :(

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Got my bag! Thanks to everyone who knew someone's # who knew someone's # :D Lucky's ended up having it, but I appreciate all the effort. Very relieved to have it back.

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    OMG, I just read my other post that I did from my phone that say "Penny" instead of Penny arcade bag... I must've looked insane...

cynthetic on
  • Options
    Kiss Me GoodByeKiss Me GoodBye Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This was the best everyone!! Thank you!! Next year we have to manage a Friday dinner or something! LOL

Kiss Me GoodBye on
    SQUID
    PAX EAST 2011 * 2012 * 2013 *2014 *2015 *2016 | PAX PRIME 2013| PAX UNPLUGGED 2017
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    As painful as it felt to get up in time to make this after moving the clocks ahead, it was 100% worth it. I met so may great people and it was the perfect way to kick off the last day of my first PAX. Thanks to EruditeAphrodite for pulling this all together!

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    this was totally one of the biggest highlights of my first pax. getting to hang out with some gamer ladies and the 'one of us' panel afterward really helped me feel more grounded after being set adrift on a sea of testosterone (aka too many xbox panels). it was so awesome to meet you all, can't wait to do it again next year!

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    slamonella wrote: »
    As painful as it felt to get up in time to make this after moving the clocks ahead, it was 100% worth it. I met so may great people and it was the perfect way to kick off the last day of my first PAX. Thanks to EruditeAphrodite for pulling this all together!

Definitely a big thanks to her for putting this together! It was once again one of the highlights of my weekend. <3

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had loads of fun. Though I crashed out on the Sumos afterward.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    This-CatalystThis-Catalyst Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Agreed - definitely a highlight!

Thanks again, EruditeAphrodite! :)

<- Girl with "My Little Pwnies" shirt on brunch day, btw.

This-Catalyst on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    *hugs everyone* I'm so glad we had so many girls show up! It was great to meet you all. <3

astillac on
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay, I am now feeling at least somewhat human again. *CHUGS down another pot of coffee*

Thank you to everyone who came to the girls' meetup. This is always such a blast and I couldn't do it without you guys. <3 I especially want to thank everyone who prepaid, if it wasn't for you we wouldn't have been able to get our private room, which I think worked out very well.

Playing heartthrob, chatting with some wonderful ladies, having a morning cocktail and a yummy bruch is just about the best way to start my last day of PAX that I can think of. I hope to see you guys again at Prime!

Oh, and I was totally lame and forgot my camera. If you got pictures of the meetup please post them to the facebook event page so we can tag ourselves (should I make a PAX girls' group?).

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If you got pictures of the meetup please post them to the facebook event page so we can tag ourselves (should I make a PAX girls' group?).

Yes please! Group!

astillac on
  • Options
    KrayolaKrayola BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow really late but, Im so sad I missed this ( I just joined the forums after someones suggestion) I hope I can join you guys next year! It sounded like alot of fun!

Krayola on
    Pokecrawl 2013 Team Yellow Silver. Pikachu!
  • Options
    Mysterious Nut BreadMysterious Nut Bread Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So sorry to have missed this , the clock thing totally threw me off . Hoping for next year. Oh, and if any of you live in Western Massachusetts and are interested maybe a monthly ( or so ) get together could be created ?

Mysterious Nut Bread on
  • Options
    StephidabefidaStephidabefida Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    (should I make a PAX girls' group?).

Yes please!

Stephidabefida on
    bftgk95jb551.png

• Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay, I've got the group set up, but for some reason I can't get facebook to upload our logo. *sadface* We've got three admins so hopefully no one will have to wait too long for their approval.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    KrayolaKrayola BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yay! I sent my request! This way I def wont miss it next year!

Krayola on
    Pokecrawl 2013 Team Yellow Silver. Pikachu!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Request sent :D

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    donnanoblehasbeensaveddonnanoblehasbeensaved Falls Church, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's the name of the Facebook group? The link is misbehaving, and I don't know what to search for! (Alternately, if you post it in the event page, that'd be good too.)

donnanoblehasbeensaved on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's the name of the Facebook group? The link is misbehaving, and I don't know what to search for! (Alternately, if you post it in the event page, that'd be good too.)

Facebook Group: PAX Women https://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_133337816739655&ap=1

And super thanks Eep. Had fun brunching with the ladies!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    yo mamayo mama Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    so sexist that's why there has to be a girl at every gamestop, for the point of being sexist

yo mama on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *sprinkles troll food* there.. hush now.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07