As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallopolis - September - Heroes Win!

• Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I was going by the front page that says Venus is still missing.

Perhaps Venus is not dead and is missing some other way and he was not able to resurrect her? I'm talking out of my ass here, it's all speculation.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I mentioned earlier than the missing stats aren't updated. There's 25 missing there, and only 21 players actually missing.

But...do we even really care about the "neutrals"?

Are they agents of evil? I'm unclear on this. If they're agents of evil, then yes, we have to remove them. If they don't count as such, then we actually don't have any strong motivation to search for them, do we? The village's objective is "Remove all agents of evil!" I don't know if we should know whether they count as evil or not at this point. I...I don't know. I'm somewhat stumped when it comes to our neutrals.

They're sorta like Kaotic Chic, or however it's spelled, from Powers. Or what I've read of it, anyway. They want all the powered people gone. They aren't allied with the village, but then they aren't exactly completely against us either. On the other hand, the objective is to eliminate all "agents of evil." If it'd meant just the villains, it probably would have said so, especially since the villains' objective explicitly states that they have to kill at least 9 heroes.

So yeah, carry on in the hunt for the neutrals, I suppose. Still, with what we've seen, they're not nearly as powerful as the villains. Timer's gotten a kill each night, while RAGE missed a night tonight. Hmm. Don't know about that one.

[/rambling]

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    telcus wrote:
    The Leech is able to use one specials power, and he is the one who is producing the question mark actions in the narrations. Each time he uses a power he must wait a certain amount of time before he can use it again.

If that's so, this is the first night where we know exactly what's going on. Exciting!

Balefuego was a citizen.
    Punchline (precisionk) went to go kill him but died, because...
    Leech (whoever that is) stole ManMountain's powers and used them on Punchline.
    Then, Anaximander dodged the vote kill that went to Typhus733,
    but got killed by The Revenger.

That means the neutrals know another villain's (MM's) identity, and either got lucky on Punchline or knew who he was also. On top of that, it stopped MM from performing his kill.

They're doing pretty well, I'd say.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I guess I was just scared that there was some huge, hidden group trying to keep discussion away from themselves. Sorry.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    tux brings up a good point, one I'd missed earlier. That Leech probably has to know who's a super to steal the power. This makes sense, since if cj was Cold Front (which he almost definitely was), it explains why Cold Front's ability got stolen that night. Typhus said cj was a baddie, Leech goes "Hey, I could use a baddie power," steals the Cold Front, and freezes the guy who's used the item (which we still don't know much about, coincidentally).

Although I still think my earlier thing about the narrative is correct. Anaximander didn't dodge the execution kill, he was dead before it happened. Hero moves go before executions. Even though the way it was written makes it sound like the opposite.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Potentially the Leech might not know the identity of the special he's stealing the power from.

I was thinking along the lines of, the Leech sends a PM that says "I use ManMountain's power on PrecisionK" or similar.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    Potentially the Leech might not know the identity of the special he's stealing the power from.

I was thinking along the lines of, the Leech sends a PM that says "I use ManMountain's power on PrecisionK" or similar.

I don't think so. There would be a lot more 'questionable?' kills. So far we've only seen two.

Edit: Plus, it just doesn't make sense. It's too powerful.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Unless there is a cooldown on the ability of a couple of days, which is why we've only seen two question marks?

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Still...isn't it a little remarkable that Leech used Cold Front's power on the day that we were all voting for Cold Front? That's pretty much what's selling me on the "target a player, gain their powers" idea.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    TabascoTabasco Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    This game is messing with my head. I'll wait and see what happens some more before I vote. Too bad I'll be working most of the day tomorrow.

Tabasco on
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Greetings, citizens of Phallopolis. As you have probably noticed, I was protected last night. Therefore, it makes me the best choice for the new mouthpeice of the network now that Typhus is dead.

First, I would like to explain exactly how Typhus died. It was a miscommunication among the Heroes. The vigilante wasn't convinced that Animaxander's robot protection goons were gone from the execution vote, and some of the heroes agreed that it would be best to cover the vote. So the vigilante sent in the kill order for Animaxander, telling everyone to get people to put someone in second so we would have a secondary kill if indeed the execution vote WAS enough to take care of his protection. This never got done and Typhus got killed. Not much we can do about it now.

The odds are stacked pretty heavily in our favor right now. Villains of Phallopolis, your days are numbered. With Professor Death Science! gone, there is little standing in our way to victory. We greatly outnumber you, and we have the resources to secure a victory.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    This would explain why RAGE didn't get a kill last night. RAGE was sent off after Grundlterror, and yet Grundlterror didn't die. Hence, guarded.

I !vote for Grundlterror.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    GleveGleve Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    See? this is what I'm talking about! Random people showing up, and swaying votes immediately!!

Who is Grundterror? Why should we vote for him? Why was he protected?

I'm alittle nervous with the amount of civilians that have been killed off you see, and I'm looking for a candidate that will look out for the best wishes of the general populace, not just join the hero/villain bandwagon, and all the innocent suffer!

Gleve on
    !vote for Gleve that was funny that you bandwaggoned yourself mate :)
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gleve wrote: »
    See? this is what I'm talking about! Random people showing up, and swaying votes immediately!!

Who is Grundterror? Why should we vote for him? Why was he protected?

I'm alittle nervous with the amount of civilians that have been killed off you see, and I'm looking for a candidate that will look out for the best wishes of the general populace, not just join the hero/villain bandwagon, and all the innocent suffer!

Quiet Gabriel. ~.^

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    GleveGleve Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh dont get me started on your AcidSerra, you're still suspect number one!

You've yet to prove which side your on, or what your working too!

!Vote AcidSerra, cause they looked at me weird...

Gleve on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Then, Anaximander dodged the vote kill that went to Typhus733,
    but got killed by The Revenger.

That would be The New Revenger.

The old The Revenger would never have made a mistake like that.
    At least, that's what the history books say.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If you say so.

We don't have to actually retract, just vote again, right?

I !vote GrundlTerror

Squashua on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I !vote for Grundlterror since he is the candidate du jour.

I also !vote for Gleve, because it seems like he is trying way too hard. I'll actually be back before voting tonight so if our Heroes come up with something better I'll be more than happy to switch.

Locus on
  • Options
    ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    !vote Grundlterror

JUSTICE!

Hmm. Who to give the red vote to, I wonder.

Threelemmings on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Just a little update on whats going on, we're still looking for Gale Force. At this point we've basically given up, but if Gale Force is out there and would like to, ya know, coordinate and stuff.... we would be down with that.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just a little update on whats going on, we're still looking for Gale Force. At this point we've basically given up, but if Gale Force is out there and would like to, ya know, coordinate and stuff.... we would be down with that.

Since you're here and all, any word from the heroes on who is resurrecting folks?

Last Son on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    !vote for Grundlterror

I !vote for Celebrim, what with his five posts and all.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I !Vote Grundlterror.

No need to execute Celebrim, with just 5 posts hes going to be Editorial Zapped tonight anyway.

[edit]misspelled a name

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Last Son wrote: »

Since you're here and all, any word from the heroes on who is resurrecting folks?

Your guess is as good, if not better, then ours.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    I !Vote Grunlterror.

No need to execute Celebrim, with just 5 posts hes going to be Editorial Zapped tonight anyway.

He doesn't want to make waves.

Squashua on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    I !vote Squashua

I've been frozen for two months and was able to catch up faster than you! And I'm 74 years old!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    !Senior Fish
    !Gleve (???)

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    I !vote Squashua

I've been frozen for two months and was able to catch up faster than you! And I'm 74 years old!

Oh, go walk back to your nursinghome uphill both ways. I'm up-to-date now. Just need a good vote target.

Ah ha!

I !vote robothero

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    We've been down this road before. All it does is end up with me frozen in a block of ice.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Okay, I'm back. Miss me? First, Current Spreadsheet (as of post 1397).

Vote count:
    Votes for Speaker

Grundlterror - 7 votes

Gnasty - 2 votes

Rygar - 1 vote
    Senior Fish - 1 vote

14 players remaining to vote.

Votes for Execution

Gleve - 2 votes

AcidSerra - 1 vote
    Celebrim - 1 vote
    Gnasty - 1 vote
    robothero - 1 vote
    Squashua - 1 vote

18 players remaining to vote.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looks like the heroes are doing better than their outlook from the first couple nights. I think the 'power stealing' theory regarding the neutrals is a pretty good one. We still have time to get rid of the remaining two neutrals - though Venus could be alive again. I'd use the Editor question to either keep teasing out information regarding them, or ask about R.O.B.B.O.T.

For the speaker vote, I !vote Rygar for Speaker. Grundlterror can be our leading candidate, but I'd like to have a couple reserve candidates just in case. Rygar and jdarksun look good to me.

It looks like there's no direction in the execution vote tonight, after two nights of Anaximander/ Prof. Death Science! voting. Hmm, what does my gut instinct tell me? ... it tells me I need lunch. I'll think about it.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Grundlterror is in good shape for now; I guess I'll !vote for jdarksun for Speaker, since Typhus seemed to trust him enough to put him up the first time. Rygar is still an unknown as far as I'm concerned (yes, not a villain, but we probably can bank that the neutrals don't seer as villains).

Execution...eh, Gleve seems dodgy, but I'd like to see if we have a target first.

tuxkamen on

• Options
    edited June 2007
    !vote Grundlterror

he promised better returns on my Social Security! Horray!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Hmm. I've just been informed that Robothero's kill vote for me is dangerous, so in the interest of getting someone else into first place other than an innocent such as myself, I !vote Gleve out of this city.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'll !Vote Gleve for now, no one is really screaming "I'm evil!" at me and hes been lying low the entire game.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ok if Grundl is protected do we need a runner up for the speaker?

I'll !vote for Grundlterror for the moment, but I'm willing to change that to get someone trustworthy into second place.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Question: Are we sure the villans cant protect people too?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Question: Are we sure the villans cant protect people too?

It's a possibility, since ROBBOT hasn't done anything noticeable, but we haven't noticed them having any kind of guardian abilities.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Unless they used it last night.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    Unless they used it last night.
    On a guy who they also sent someone to kill? Unlikely...that's one very convoluted way of creating dissension in the network, and if that were the case, we'd also be seeing people saying that Grundlterror's a fraud, which we're not seeing.

Unless you meant someone else being guarded...which I don't see, since there's no other room for guarding in the events of last night.

Buzz Buzz on