As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, they both definitely take place after Tip of the Spear due to the ships involved and both of the multi maps have some glassing going on.

While Unearthed is quite good, I'm one of those who would have rather had a new Invasion map instead. That said, Highlands is a phenomenal BTB map and I don't regret picking up Defiant at all.

DogEight on
  • Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I up for some Halo Reach anytime...Goldfinger 37

Jake Capps on
    X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    I up for some Halo Reach anytime...Goldfinger 37

I'm not going anywhere until I found out why I can't get my comics.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Good times in BTB tonight, I'll be on again in a little bit if I have the time.

Also Weekly Complete. 27 in a row.

FyreWulff on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I kinda just want to pop in here and say how much I like the new Arena gametypes. I'm not as Anti-AR in Reach as I was in Halo 3, probably because it's useful now and doesn't lend itself to LOOOOOOOOOL MELEE gameplay anymore.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think I'm only like 5 wins away from the weekly. Fyre. Do me a solid.

joshgotro on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Let's Play a Depressing Game!
    X Equals Loser: 21340 Days
    </people included to make me feel better>
    Angel177: 12204 Days
    OmnomnomPancake: 9563 Days
    Evil Badman MD: 7768 Days
    A Hispter IRL: 6106 Days
    T4CT: 4964 Days
    lookfreegrenade: 3405 Days
    MrBeeb: 2813 Days
    DogEight : 2512 Days
    Dixonater: 2070 Days
    Viscoutn02: 2034 Days
    Ezekiel Chaos: 1993 Days
    PrimusD: 1898 Days
    Local H Jay: 1752 Days
    j0shg0tr0: 1460 Days
    Fyrewulff: 1448 Days
    Willeth: 1229 Days
    Batigh: 1029 Days
    Ratsult2: 954 Days
    A Mad Tea Party: 792 Days
    Kor of Memory: 743 Days

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Let's Play a Depressing Game!
    X Equals Loser: 21340 Days
    </people included to make me feel better>
    Angel177: 12204 Days
    OmnomnomPancake: 9563 Days
    Evil Badman MD: 7768 Days
    A Hispter IRL: 6106 Days
    T4CT: 4964 Days
    lookfreegrenade: 3405 Days
    MrBeeb: 2813 Days
    DogEight : 2512 Days
    Dixonater: 2070 Days
    Viscoutn02: 2034 Days
    Ezekiel Chaos: 1993 Days
    PrimusD: 1898 Days
    Local H Jay: 1752 Days
    j0shg0tr0: 1460 Days
    Fyrewulff: 1448 Days
    Willeth: 1229 Days
    Ratsult2: 954 Days
    A Mad Tea Party: 792 Days
    Kor of Memory: 743 Days

It probably doesn't take into account the large increase in credits earned every rank you go up.

Ratsult2 on
    edited March 2011
    Probably not, but it's "fun" to see.

EvilBadman on
    edited March 2011
    Also rough math puts Kor at a 300 day quest to catch up to my Halo 3 EXP if I never played again.

FyreWulff on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yea, it's interesting to see how many credits you need for each rank.... just completely ignore the days require part though. It's going to be way off even if you just look at your next rank. Your average credits per day is going to be much lower because it's including time you spent at the low levels where a 2,000 commendation was huge. I've been getting 4,000 average on the long games in the defiant playlist.

Ratsult2 on
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was thinking it would suck having a new firefight map over a competitive playlist map. Then I played some unearthed. I love it. Not only because of the way the map is spread out and layered, but you can use the rocket hog. The drawback is that in firefight arcade people tend to blow up the hog once you start doing great with it.

Jerks! I ended up with over a hundred and twenty wheelmans in a fistfight. Paired with over fifteen splatters. I haven't had this much fun behind the wheel of a hog since Halo 3.

Daris on
  • FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Unearthed is full o' delight. I love that there are some many different places you can fortify, and the 'Hog is great fun. I still wish it was a Gauss 'Hog or that there was a menu option to change it. But these are minor quibbles.

Any one else let out a sigh of relief while playing these maps that maybe Halo isn't doomed without Bungie?

FecklessRogue on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You also forgot me as well.

Also dammit, I bought a 1600 point card for Defiant + ME2 DLC and then I decided to get Green Day RB for a future export. I'm gonna need another card. At least I can use the points left over from that for Fable 3 (my free game for renewing Live).

Also, I should be on Friday/Saturday this week. Hopefully.

Edit: I never thought Halo would die without bungie. We've made some pretty awesome maps and I really enjoyed the last maps these guys map when I finally got to play them during the last "Hurrah!" (Fyre was right, being released at the end of H2's life cycle was bad).

I just wonder if we're going to get anything "new-new". Everything we're getting from 343i takes place before or during the main trilogy (including the new books). I want to know what's going to happen to the Elites now or Brutes or even the UNSC after the war.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is that 'days to Inheritor'? Not only does it not take bonuses into account, it also doesn't take challenges or commendatiosn into account, either. It may only be 10% of your total cR, but it helps.

I doubt Kor has over two years to Inheritor. I doubt I have over three.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited March 2011
    I found an use for my extra Defiant code.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1060034

Although I still plan on some PA-specifice Noble/Defiant giveways.

Also yeah, I hope Mattrick doesn't hold back any future Reach DLC for years after it comes out just for a marketing bonus. The last maps for 2 and 3 basically went un-noticed because they came out so late. Which is a shame considering Longshore.

FyreWulff on
    edited March 2011
    For most of the higher level people Inheritor is slightly more than a year away. If you got the level cap now everyday you'd be done before the years out.

joshgotro on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It said I had over 10,000 days before I'd reach Inheritor. I rather doubt it would be that soon, I hardly play as it is.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • VeeVee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

* Replaced Banshees with Falcons in all non-Invasion gametypes on Breakpoint.

Awww wut. That is hella lame. I loved playing BTB on Breakpoint because yay BANSHEES! Man :?

Also DA2 has been taking all of my attention away from Halo. I'm already on my second play through!
    I think once I beat it again, then I'll buy the new map pack and be back to playing some Haloz.

Vee on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I found an use for my extra Defiant code.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1060034

Although I still plan on some PA-specifice Noble/Defiant giveways.

Also yeah, I hope Mattrick doesn't hold back any future Reach DLC for years after it comes out just for a marketing bonus. The last maps for 2 and 3 basically went un-noticed because they came out so late. Which is a shame considering Longshore.

Sweet.

I was planning two by day's end so works out for me.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Darmak wrote: »
    It said I had over 10,000 days before I'd reach Inheritor. I rather doubt it would be that soon, I hardly play as it is.

I figure I'll be tired of halo before I hit inheritor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Viscountalpha on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    viscount do you just have different tv show sounds bookmarked

and besides we played halo 3 for years, you could easily* make inheritor in 3 years

*YMMV

Local H Jay on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    no my google fu is strong.

I still don't know if I care enough to even keep trying for dailies/weeklies.

Viscountalpha on
    edited March 2011
    viscount do you just have different tv show sounds bookmarked

and besides we played halo 3 for years, you could easily* make inheritor in 3 years

*YMMV

Easily hit it well before that mark.

If you hit 60k a day in credits you'd be done in a year. Cutting that in half, to 30k, which is super easy to do in a night, would get you there in two. We're all gonna be dumbass 180 prestige by 2013.

Edit: that 60k a day would be if you started playing right now.

joshgotro on
    edited March 2011
    cap is 120k right now

and Urk said the cap is eventually going to go away (probably when the first person hits Inheritor)

FyreWulff on
    edited March 2011
    cap is 120k right now

and Urk said the cap is eventually going to go away (probably when the first person hits Inheritor)

Yeah. Hitting 120k a day is ridiculous amounts of playing. 30 a day is easy. That's about ten games at my current rank.

joshgotro on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    cap is 120k right now

Yeah. Hitting 120k a day is ridiculous amounts of playing. 30 a day is easy. That's about ten games at my current rank.

Ridiculous is context to the current rank though.

I'm netting almost 4K a game. Which means what? 30 games a day would put me at the cap? And I'm at the very bottom of the "high end" levels.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited March 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »
    cap is 120k right now

Ridiculous is context to the current rank though.

I'm netting almost 4K a game. Which means what? 30 games a day would put me at the cap? And I'm at the very bottom of the "high end" levels.

You gonna put in 30 games a day? That's why I'm stressing a small investment of time, two and a half hours, less if you are purely running around in FF Arcade, you're still gonna hit Inheritor before 2013.

joshgotro on
    edited March 2011
    I asked Jeremiah if it'd be possible to add some sort of countdown mechanism for Speedflag where the if the holder holds the flag too long, the countdown completes and kills them and returns the flag (as an option and/or for matchmaking)

NqybS.png

yaaaaaaaaaaaa44444y

FyreWulff on
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bet he'll reconsider pretty quick after one game with random assholes.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I may have just seen my new funniest Halo moment yet. Rocketfight on Beachhead. I'm running around on the grass, I hear "Reinforcements" I know I happen to be standing right by a spawn point, so I spin around. Sure enough, 5 elites right behind me. I center my reticule as they turn their weapons towards me, I'm hoping I don't blow myself up or miss enough that they waste me. I'm pulling the trigger, and suddenly, all of them get splattered by a boosting ghost.

also thanks to grifball I finally got my MP matchmaking killtacular.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow... I haven't played since Nobel's release. And I won't be playing any of the new maps either this weekend (Nobel and Defiant)... maybe... I'd rather spend time playing then downloading.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    I asked Jeremiah if it'd be possible to add some sort of countdown mechanism for Speedflag where the if the holder holds the flag too long, the countdown completes and kills them and returns the flag (as an option and/or for matchmaking)

NqybS.png

yaaaaaaaaaaaa44444y

As soon as it hits I'm making an Ultimate Flag gametype.

EvilBadman on
    edited March 2011
    I got tired of waiting for Kor to remake Beehive in Reach.

JM3mfl.jpg

QXFoSl.jpg

05UYkl.jpg

rOgWUl.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, Beehive was so much fun back in the day

YardGnome on
    edited March 2011
    Also Falcons where the Hornets were

FyreWulff on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    what the goddamn fuck

how do teams keep switching bases on highlands every 45-60 seconds. You can never know which way to watch, because as soon as the rifle respawns, they're there

ronzo on
    edited March 2011
    teams spawn next to each other, not at fixed bases

FyreWulff on
    edited March 2011
    teams spawn next to each other, not at fixed bases

i know, we just had a match where the red team just kept switching bases right as the rifle spawned. We kept trying to attack them but just kept getting sniped in the back

ronzo on
    edited March 2011
    fuck, they need to just take vanilla invasion slayer out in favor of skirmish, the advantage the Spartans have is just ridiculous

ronzo on