As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    New weekly is LASO Tip of the Spear

Here's a guide, because I'm not tugboating anyone on this mission

http://halo.bungie.org/gameplay/reach_mythic/tots.html

FyreWulff on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Anyone who does this in a Warthog is a hero.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You drive. I'll shoot?

joshgotro on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fyre, have you played the Donkey Kong gametype and map? Because it would be awesome for an Action Sack playlist.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Uh, lest we forget, we're also getting BTB Community Slayer. That's pretty awesome.

NeuralFizz on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Question: Starting last week, Reach is suddenly complaining that my NAT is now "moderate" instead of "open". I have made no changes to my router since I set it up. Anyone know what's up? I haven't noticed any problems, aside from the random getting kicked from the game/party that's always happened.
    Unless my ISP is doing NATting upstream to preserve IPv4 addresses or something.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Question: Starting last week, Reach is suddenly complaining that my NAT is now "moderate" instead of "open". I have made no changes to my router since I set it up. Anyone know what's up? I haven't noticed any problems, aside from the random getting kicked from the game/party that's always happened.
    Unless my ISP is doing NATting upstream to preserve IPv4 addresses or something.

Mine's started doing that too, but then my internet's been an unreliable asshole the last few weeks, so I just figured they were connected.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    when mine does that i just power cycle my modem and router and it normally clears up. Do you have all the ports forwarded?

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
    edited March 2011
    heckels wrote: »
    when mine does that i just power cycle my modem and router and it normally clears up. Do you have all the ports forwarded?

I have done no port forwarding. I plugged in my router, set up my wireless security, then plugged in my XBOX and everything "Just Worked". For like, 3 months. Suddenly it isn't.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    The next time I see someone try to claim Halo 2's maps were perfect, I'm going to have them start as offense on Burial Mounds

FyreWulff on
    edited March 2011
    Ahahaha. I was one kill short of 50 kills challenge, but was getting tired of grifball. So I jumped into Infection on The Cage. Started off as zombies, and 3 guys climbed up on top of that central building and were nearly impossible to get to. At the end of the first round they had like 5 kills apiece. 2nd round I got infected early on, and 2 of those guys were back up there, and by the end of the 2nd round they had 8 apiece. 3rd round, I run around all over the map, double and triple killing zombies, even parried one's sword with a melee, and end up on top with 10 kills.
    Fuck you map abusers.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    Weekly complete. Keepin' the streak alive!

FyreWulff on
    edited March 2011
    That's my plan for tonight.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    How many medals could one get in a single kill hypothetically? The best I was able to come up with last night was:
    Hammer Spree + Killing Spree + Killtacular + Killjoy + Revenge + Avenger + Bulltrue + Firebird
    so 8. Some of those can be swapped for others, but I haven't figured out a way to tack any additional ones on there.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I tried playing firefight last night and in both games the lag was so bad I was booted.
    So I guess I'll have to local co-op/cheese the weekly.

Also, I get home at 11:30pm PST so if anyone wants to join me for some late night shooting of mans, let me know. Pugging it last night wasn't as fun as the good ole days.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    hmm, that's 9:30 my time. I could join you for a short time at least.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    I tried playing firefight last night and in both games the lag was so bad I was booted.

Also, I get home at 11:30pm PST so if anyone wants to join me for some late night shooting of mans, let me know. Pugging it last night wasn't as fun as the good ole days.

Yikes that's 1:30am my time. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd jump in as well.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    How many medals could one get in a single kill hypothetically? The best I was able to come up with last night was:
    Hammer Spree + Killing Spree + Killtacular + Killjoy + Revenge + Avenger + Bulltrue + Firebird
    so 8. Some of those can be swapped for others, but I haven't figured out a way to tack any additional ones on there.

Well, you can add extermination in there. You can also add the medal you get for either killing a sprinting opponent with a headshot (though you'd have to change the hammer spree for sniper spree) or the medal you get when you kill someone jetpacking.

Then, if you're in the zombie game type, you could add a zombie killing spree to the killing spree, and I guess it would be possible for that zombie to be carrying a flag or bomb, so you'd get the stopped the flag/bomb medal.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited March 2011
    Kor wrote: »

Well, you can add extermination in there. You can also add the medal you get for either killing a sprinting opponent with a headshot (though you'd have to change the hammer spree for sniper spree) or the medal you get when you kill someone jetpacking.

Then, if you're in the zombie game type, you could add a zombie killing spree to the killing spree, and I guess it would be possible for that zombie to be carrying a flag or bomb, so you'd get the stopped the flag/bomb medal.

If we're talking standard 4v4 then he'll have to replace killtacular with overkill to get extermination.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You can certainly kill someone who is jetpacking with the hammer.:P

DarkPrimus on
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But you can't headshot someone while they sprint with the hammer.

hailthefish on
    edited March 2011
    Technically, Perfection if it's the last kill of the game. And the beatdown medal.

FyreWulff on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If it's in KotH you could get Hail to the King. Reload This, Showstopper, or Yoink are possible too. Also Protector. The hammer kill itself would result in either a Beat Down or Pummel medal.

Arteen on
    edited March 2011
    You could make that a sniper spree and get a headshot medal to replace the beatdown, and if the stars aligned, get a Pull and Headcase from sniper penetration from two different dudes.

I think there was a thread on bnet about this a while ago, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Also, weekly done. RC's video really helped - the first bit was easy as hell, I made the jump through the rafters first time, and it removed a ton of the opposition at BXR. The Warthog tip by the second AA gun was also so helpful - I would have dodged around like a loon with the Revenant for hours instead.

The one sticking point I had was the second Wraith survived and my Revenant was down, even after Jorge flew in on the Falcon. I ended up hoggin' it round the back, hopping out and immediately dropping a shield before getting into the Falcon. Worked great the second time.

The first time, the Warthog hit the Falcon and sent it flying, and I couldn't get in because it was sideways.

EDIT 2: The thread. He's mistaken about some stuff (like a Perfection and Revenge), but it's a good starting point.

Willeth on
    edited March 2011
    Can Firefight in ODST be played by yourself? I don't see myself getting the "Score over 200k" achievements otherwise since there's no matchmaking.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited March 2011
    Can Firefight in ODST be played by yourself? I don't see myself getting the "Score over 200k" achievements otherwise since there's no matchmaking.

If you're looking for someone to play ODST FF, I'm sure you#ll find some willing participants here.

Willeth on
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Played a bro slayer on Sword Base... got a triple kill aaaannnnnnnndddddd an assist. Fracking jerkoff teamate pulls a minus nine in the game, but he can certainly nail that headshot to steal my extermination!

Would have been my first ever too. I don't know how anyone gets one of those without broslayer or just dumb luck...

Daris on
    edited March 2011
    Daris wrote: »
    Played a bro slayer on Sword Base... got a triple kill aaaannnnnnnndddddd an assist. Fracking jerkoff teamate pulls a minus nine in the game, but he can certainly nail that headshot to steal my extermination!

Would have been my first ever too. I don't know how anyone gets one of those without broslayer or just dumb luck...

The only ones I've ever got in Reach have been SWAT.

Willeth on
    edited March 2011
    I still haven't gotten my Shoutgun double-kill achievement because any time I've managed a double kill with it, it is followed by a triple-kill because I'm too busy frantically trying to save my own skin to let the timer reset.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011

If we're talking standard 4v4 then he'll have to replace killtacular with overkill to get extermination.

Not necessarily.

Kor on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    The next time I see someone try to claim Halo 2's maps were perfect, I'm going to have them start as offense on Burial Mounds

Too bad halo2 doesnt work on xbl anymore. Also, how many other people have a perfect weekly streak in reach?

Viscountalpha on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Not necessarily.

With spawn times, yes

Ratsult2 on
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stuck + Close Call + Protector + Avenger + EMP Blast + Showstopper + Revenge + Firebird + Killjoy = 9 Medals

I can actually see it. You stick a guy you'd just emp'd as you're near dead, and he goes for an assassination on a teamate before he dies. The teamate was getting owned by another enemy and was near death. On top of it all, he just killed a teammate and he killed you last.

A bit random, but I can see it happening in a big skirmish between two teams. On the other hand you could swap out a few of the medals here and there. Personally, the most medals I've ever gotten at once was: Stuck + 2x Kill from the Grave + Double Kill + Avenger + Emp Blast = 6 Medals

That I can remember. I did get five wheelmans at once though one time. Oh wait, I guess that's six too. More proud of that one then.

Edit: Falcon FTW

Daris on
    edited March 2011

Yikes that's 1:30am my time. If I didn't have work tomorrow I'd jump in as well.

Oh whoops, I converted that backwards. Totally 1:30 for me too. Damn.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Ill try because ill likely be online then too. I wont stay for long since i have to be back to work at 11am the next day. So like an hour.

Viscountalpha on
    edited March 2011
    I just thought of something... If some company ever made a Forge Kit of plastic building pieces to scale with the current Halo figures, that would be awesome.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Not necessarily.

With spawn times, yes

No, sir. An extermination takes place when a single player puts the entire opposite team on the the respawn team at the same time. Now, this doesn't mean they all have to die at the same time, but that the last teammate has to die before the first kill respawns.

If we're talking objectives here, thats a full 10 seconds.

Theoretically, you could get 1 kill, +3 seconds, 2nd kill, +3 seconds, 3rd kill, +3 seconds, then a double kill that kills the first target a second time.

All enemies will be respawning, and you've netted yourself an extermination.

Kor on
    edited March 2011
    So my current temptation is the Reach-Edition 360 that I saw at K-Mart over the weekend...even though my current 360 is perfectly fine.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So my current temptation is the Reach-Edition 360 that I saw at K-Mart over the weekend...even though my current 360 is perfectly fine.

How much is it going for? Theres one at the local thrift vintage/video game/movie/record store
    Going for 400 big ones.

Snowblindvictim on
    edited March 2011

How much is it going for? Theres one at the local thrift vintage/video game/movie/record store
    Going for 400 big ones.

$400, which is the normal price. I didn't get a look at it but the box looked pretty banged up. As long as it's factory sealed, I guess.

I'd just love to be able to stand a 360 vertically on my bookshelf and it looks like the slim will clear it whereas my old model will not. While not being a fan of Black, the silver, even if it didn't have the Halo branding, looks really nice.

I just feel as if I don't go for it now I won't be able to get one ever again.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png