As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LOTRO] I'll see you on the other side. The Barrovian Society 2007-2014

• Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    This patch has pleased me so far. Where are the barter vendors for the new gear sets?

They should be in Enedwaith. The Grey company camp at those ruins in the middle of the region.

Vray on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Kass wrote: »
    So, posting from my laptop as the psu on my comp decided to die (at least, I'm 90% sure it was the psu). I had just downloaded and updated lotro too. Anywho, the new psu will be here in a few days, so hopefully I'll be enjoying the new content with you all then. Have fun without me, you bastards.

Enjoy RIFT. Ya prick.
    :D

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There were close to a dozen people crowded around the NPC who starts the 2.6.9 quest on my server last night, all of them ready to fire off solo instances of the quest. :) Soooo nice to finally get that out of the way on my main! Getting the 'Master of War' legendary trait is ok, I guess, but that Cloak of Shadow and Flame I walked away with reeeeeeally made it worth it.

What was also nice was being able to get rid of a bunch of item XP tomes that had been clogging my inventory, especially one that I'd been carrying around since I deconned a max or near max-leveled lvl 60 halberd after getting a good lvl 65. Adding the 900,000 or so ixp to a level 53 sword brought that one to about level 63; deconned it and walked away with a nice big pile of relics, and an ixp rune that I applied to my lvl 65 (thanks to the new rules) for roughly 15 levels of item xp. Not a bad night, even after recalibrating my army of alts!

Anti-Sean on
  • Options
    KassKass Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    So, posting from my laptop as the psu on my comp decided to die (at least, I'm 90% sure it was the psu). I had just downloaded and updated lotro too. Anywho, the new psu will be here in a few days, so hopefully I'll be enjoying the new content with you all then. Have fun without me, you bastards.

Enjoy RIFT. Ya prick.

If it makes you feel better, I'd be willing to bet that it was Rift pushing my system a bit too much that caused my computer to die in the first place (lotro was giving it issues towards the end as well). Doesn't change the fact that it was a fun game or that I'm sad that I'm missing out on everything right now because of it. :P
    I hope that makes your bitter, angry hobbit self happy. :D

Kass on
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Enjoy RIFT. Ya prick.

If it makes you feel better, I'd be willing to bet that it was Rift pushing my system a bit too much that caused my computer to die in the first place (lotro was giving it issues towards the end as well). Doesn't change the fact that it was a fun game or that I'm sad that I'm missing out on everything right now because of it. :P
    I hope that makes your bitter, angry hobbit self happy. :D

You should come back; one of the new instances has a boss fight where you literally have to slap hobbits.

Cobell on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Played around with the relic system a bit now that they fixed the crits. Apparently you get ixp runes on top of the shards if you refine relics down.

shardsderp.jpg

Also the spring festival starts today.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We are tentatively targeting Thursday, 24th March as our revised launch date

Motherfuckers.

Aldo on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They didn't make Volume 2 soloable like they did with Volume 1 did they?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Suds wrote: »

Yes they did. Volume 2 is Soloable.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Entaru wrote: »

Fuck Yes!

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Fuck Yes!

I completed 2.5.5 last night all by myself.

Well my Skirmish Soldier was there too, I suppose.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You can bring your skirmish soldiers into Book quests now?! My mind is blown.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    2.5.5 is split into 3 skirmishes. The story instances like New Devilry are done solo with the Inspired Greatness buff.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Just 2.5.5, as it now *is* a skirmish. Or...a series of skirmishes.

Firing up Crysis 2 now. Probably log into LOTRO later this evening. :D

Triple B on
  • Options
    Stick32Stick32 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

let me know if it's any good, was kind of let down by Crysis 1.

Stick32 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Stick32 wrote: »

let me know if it's any good, was kind of let down by Crysis 1.

It looks incredible, but it's got all the same bugs and issues the first one had and more. I was worried that all the flickering would give me a seizure :P. Also there are no graphics options beyond "High", "Very High", and "Extreme", which is a flashing beacon that screams "port of the console version". This "consoles first" trend is making me sick. I can tell there's a great looking, fun game under all this crap, but honestly with the state it's in right now, CryTek should be embarrassed.

So...I guess it'll be an awesome game a few patches from now? *shrug*

Triple B on
  • Options
    VampireCactusVampireCactus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I'm thinking about coming back to LotRO from Rift. I like Rift, but I hate the feeling of obligation that comes along with a monthly fee. I haven't played for a couple weeks and I feel really bad about it, and I don't want my games to make me feel guilty. Also, it'll be nice to play a game where people aren't constantly bitching about PvP balance.

I think I've got a level 30 or so Burglar on Landroval, so if I come back, I'll definitely join the PA guild! That is, if you'll have me.

VampireCactus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ProTip for those interested in maybe at some point doing the new 21st Hall skirmish, be it for 2.5.5 itself, or just for teh marks: Let Wili completely finish giving his orders to the dorfs before you attempt to speak with him. If you speak with him while he's still talking, the skirm will bug and no mobs will ever show up.

Also, VC, we'd be happy to add a new face to TBS. Just drop us a line in-game by joining the PA chat channel (type "/joinchannel PennyArcade wang" without quotes.)

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ProTip for those interested in maybe at some point doing the new 21st Hall skirmish, be it for 2.5.5 itself, or just for teh marks: Let Wili completely finish giving his orders to the dorfs before you attempt to speak with him. If you speak with him while he's still talking, the skirm will bug and no mobs will ever show up.

Ahhh. That explains all the trouble I was having with it the other night.

It's not fun to run around there wondering how to make things go while nothing is happening.

Edit: I'm almost done with 2.6 and that will get me LoM capstone. After that I plan to Farm for the Cloak of Shadow and Flame.

I also ended up making a decent LI from all the over level 30 weapons I had to Decon for the scrolls.

Update 2 has been nice to me.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    bigo2magsbigo2mags Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Burgs are OP as hell...

Was out in the moors the last two nights with a friend of mine, and we had a small burg death squad going. Ridiculous. Running full speed in stealth and spamming Feint Attack + Surprise Strike every 15s is AWESOME. Huge DPS and creeps are in despair. I love it.

Edit: Safe Fall? Holy crap-- nothing more satisfying than assassinating a creep on stab, popping Safe Fall, and jumping to safety. :):)

bigo2mags on
    userbar694334an1.gif
    userbar741514.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Really Productive night last night.

On top of running GS I also picked up the Cloak of Shadow and Flame, got My LoM Capstone and found I had enough moria tokens to get the 3 Piece Mora set of armor which will hold me over until I can farm out the Superior third marks to finish off my Hele set.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Last night I learned that taking on 6 creeps the same level as me is a bad idea. my self heals just couldn't keep up.

wmelon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Captain tanked skumfil and GS HM
    ScreenShot00016.jpg

Most fun I've had in awhile.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Same. Tonight was the most fun I've had with LOTRO in quite a while, as well. Between skumfil and the schlib run after, had a blast.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm finally enjoying myself as well. The new instances are simply amazing.

Aldo on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why do you have to say such hurtful things about guardians :(

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Everyone knows that guardians are primarily a dps class.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, vol3bk3 turns out really awesome in the final few chapters. Like, it goes from "I don't give a flying fuck about all you NPCs" to "oh no! What happens next! I have to know!"

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sorry about dropping out suddenly in Northcotton farms. I got called away regarding some furniture I was selling.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wait, we're finally actually doing some of the new instances? Shit! I gotta log my ass in!

Edit: Meh. Taking the night off, I think.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    New 3mans are pretty easy in T1. The only issue is the spider boss in NCF and the gobby trio in Stoneheight. I think running them in T2 would be a bit more interesting.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I got called away myself, not too long after.

In-laws dropped in.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I got called away myself, not too long after.

In-laws dropped in.
    That's preferable over outlaws dropping out.

--

T1 is a great way to learn the instance. Especially the 2nd boss requires practise, because that's where you gotta score HM in T2.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So aside from Skirming a lot, any suggestions on power leveling? Now that I'm getting back into the game, I'm anxious to get char to max lvl so I can provide plenty of coin to my alts, see the end game content, run stuff w/ other guildies, etc. My main is Meddwig, he's a Champion that just hit 26. I have Moria, Mirkwood, and most of the quest packs, btw.

Saint Justice on
    Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i'd still recommend against power leveling. Yeah there's new cool stuff at the cap, but I still feel like the game is more constructed for you to enjoy the quests and stuff on the way up.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Absolutely, powerleveling is a great way to miss all the cool stuff.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So aside from Skirming a lot, any suggestions on power leveling? Now that I'm getting back into the game, I'm anxious to get char to max lvl so I can provide plenty of coin to my alts, see the end game content, run stuff w/ other guildies, etc. My main is Meddwig, he's a Champion that just hit 26. I have Moria, Mirkwood, and most of the quest packs, btw.

Honestly, skirmishing frequently is pretty much it as far as powerlevelling goes. There's no trick or special method that I'm aware of that will get you to cap faster. At the upper levels (ie. 45+) you'll need to do both skirmishes and equal level or greater quests to average about a level per day, maybe 2 levels per day if you're particularly zealous about it. Mind you, with the recent changes to quests in Moria and Evendim that might have changed a bit since they altered the level ranges on certain quests.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Raiders of the Lost Temple!
    33w8d9h.jpg

1zf565j.jpg

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Raiders of the Lost Temple!
    33w8d9h.jpg

1zf565j.jpg

Wow, what zone is that?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It's the Lost Temple. A new level 65 6-man fellowship instance in the Trollshaws.
    Are you afraid of the dark?

Vray on