As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happenstance, Heraldry, Humorous, and Hooligans [Happy and Hate Thread]

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    Happy: Shadow Dominion has Defeated "Al'Akir"
    Happy: Ashtari, Defender of a Shattered World

Hate: Throne of 4 Shards. 2 pairs of leather pants? BAH!

Gratz, you didn't need my nub healing anyway!

Nobody on
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: Shaman went back to Horde. Now I can do TB! :P
    Happy2: Rocket boots and missles!

Hate: Couldn't believe it costed $30. Thought it was cheaper then that. Oh well... changing pixels is serious stuff.

Hope: get my druid to 85 soon, I have begun recruiting for a 5v5 all moonkin team. So far I have 3. Then we can vote for arena name. Either "May Cause Seizures" or "get the druid" or "kill the druid". It was easy to lure the first two. I told them to imagine 5 starfalls, 5 moonfires, 5 typhoons....

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: Have Group, Will Travel is the most OP guild perk ever. The crying in TB is epic. Cap two bases, summon entire raid (It's not limited to just guildies) to third, win in two seconds. Expect nerfs...

Huh: So my other half got his DK to 80 on Friday, I ended up leveling my Rogue with him. It took like 7 hours, leveling with cloak + helm + rested is so fast it's silly.

Happy: Through some magic math voodoo of me having full rested and him having Mining + Herbalism, we dinged 85 on the same quest, aww.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have the cloak/chest/shoulder/helm/trinkets/staff on my Mage and I out level zones maybe 1/4 of the way through them. Possibly 1/3. And do it in record time because everything is 1-2 shot and I'm always full on mana. The only down time I have is vendoring/mailing or training.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Happy: Have Group, Will Travel is the most OP guild perk ever. The crying in TB is epic. Cap two bases, summon entire raid (It's not limited to just guildies) to third, win in two seconds. Expect nerfs...

Wow, I hadn't even thought about that being used in that way. That is so much win. And so OP.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Wow, I hadn't even thought about that being used in that way. That is so much win. And so OP.

I was wondering what was involved when I saw somebody complaining about it on the official forums, now I know :P

Nobody on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

We got a grand total of 3 upgrades this week from BRC.

2 from Nefarion. 1 was a side grade, so it was more like 2.5.

HATE: RNG.
    Hate: Last piece of gear I upgraded was my helm. Which I made. Over a month ago.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    QuentinQuentin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    I heard AlAkir is the hardest hard mode? At least it was the last one to be killed first. (I think).

It was on 25s, but we're doing this on 10s. It's actually one of the few that is more difficult with 25.

Quentin on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

We got a grand total of 3 upgrades this week from BRC.

2 from Nefarion. 1 was a side grade, so it was more like 2.5.

HATE: RNG.
    Hate: Last piece of gear I upgraded was my helm. Which I made. Over a month ago.

I've gotten one (1) raid drop, which will be replaced by the end of the week (ring from Conclave) and only used in a pure avoidance set.

I'm the MT.

Fuck RNG.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: No shoulders or ring dropped to finish out the normal raiding gear...
    Love: Did BWD in 2hrs tonight with a couple non concentrating wipes to Chimmy. 2 shot Neffy
    Love: 1Shot Alakir after for Defender title
    Interesting: Havent checked WoW Progress in awhile... im 12th ranked warrior (GS) on server and in top 9k in the world.... sweet.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is something I have not seen in sometime a very bad pug. I get halls of orginination on my warlock the other 4 people are 3 death knights and a paladin. We wipe on the first pull because the death knights start arguing who is the better tank. the paladin leaves and we get a druid thus the arguement continues

In total we wiped 5 times times 3 times on the trash that is to the left of the elevator before they left
    I really have not seen a bad group in a long time usually it's one person or so but the 3 death knights made it a real waste of time and a generally unejoyable run

Brainleech on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My daily heroic run tonight reminded me of my top pet peeve as a Moonkin: tanks who drag mobs out of my Solar Beam. Solar Beam's existed for like 4 months now, you guys should know by now what it is.

Opty on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Undergeared DK tanks that just hit 69 and manage to sneak into my UNgarde Keep runs. Two in as many days.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    deowolf wrote: »
    Hate: Undergeared DK tanks that just hit 69 and manage to sneak into my UNgarde Keep runs. Two in as many days.

A common thing as tanking is not that punishing in tbc for the instances you can do {I think} compared to how burtal UK was if you did not have the defence
    But then I was happy I could politely ask someone to help my priest do that place and a few others to avoid them

Sadly I benched both my priests as they are now 80 and I really don't want to do Cataclysm crap

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Batshit crazy guild members.

Happy: Well, so now maybe I can find a Holy Pally that heals their target vs. trying to win meters.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Co-tank had to work, brother-healer got a virus, and dps-shaman has dropped off the face of the earth. So we needed 3 replacements for the raid. Downed 2 bosses before the replacement tank bailed on the raid, forcing us to call it several hours and many bosses early.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: we rid the internet of dragons last night (nef down). And I won the token!

Hooligans: I felt bad that i won, the other priest in my 10s hasn't gotten her 4pc yet. So I told her to take it... and she kept refusing!?

Hate: our Nef strat. I feel we were doing it wrong, and heroic is not gonna be pretty if we gonna keep it that way in my opinion.

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Unhappy: I tried to flip some elementium ore for insane profit and it didn't work. I bought 10 stacks for 30g because some bot flooded the market. Then 4 days later the price went back up to 200g a stack. So I throw mine up for like 20g less than the next guy. Log off for work, come back later that night to see a different bot flooding the market.

Hate: bots are taking our jerbs!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    My daily heroic run tonight reminded me of my top pet peeve as a Moonkin: tanks who drag mobs out of my Solar Beam. Solar Beam's existed for like 4 months now, you guys should know by now what it is.

How are moonkins now? I resubbed a couple of days ago and I'm just goofing around on my worgen. I really haven't touched my druid since cata launched.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nobody wrote: »

I was wondering what was involved when I saw somebody complaining about it on the official forums, now I know :P

So a PvE side note to HG, WT: We asked a GM if using this to skip trash in raids was OK or not, the reply was basically; Yes, it's fine to use to skip trash, HOWEVER... It would be an exploit to use it to skip non-optional bosses or to bypass gating.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

So a PvE side note to HG, WT: We asked a GM if using this to skip trash in raids was OK or not, the reply was basically; Yes, it's fine to use to skip trash, HOWEVER... It would be an exploit to use it to skip non-optional bosses or to bypass gating.

If they don't want players to bypass content they shouldn't add an ability that explicitly lets them do that. :?

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

They're just paying all moonkins back for using Typhoon to knock mobs out of their melee range.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Metacortex wrote: »

They're just paying all moonkins back for using Typhoon to knock mobs out of their melee range.

Pfft, they come back. >.>

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Poketpixie wrote: »

If they don't want players to bypass content they shouldn't add an ability that explicitly lets them do that. :?

Well, yes and no. In a 10 man raid you'd have what, like 1-3 people who could stealth past trash and summon every 2 hours? Not really a big deal in their eyes. In my 25 we have 3 Rogues and 22 Druids (OK, 4, but still) so even if we wipe every boss we still can just have someone else stealth in.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Not casters.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    format wrote: »

Not casters.

Oh I hate that so much. Spend the time positioning all my mobs and boom in a second its all messed up. I think I may digress and only gear up one alt until they eventually make it easy mode. Well easier as they have already nerfed heroics.

Since I am gearing up a melee dps my biggest pet peeve is tanks who move mobs around for no reason. I had a tank that was moving around the flayers in HStonecore. It was in some wierd triangle pattern but it was non stop moving. It was dum because they ended up pointed in wierd direction when they flayed ending up in deaths. They are simple. Sit them in one place and run through them when they flay!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BG bafflement.

I'm at a flag, with a ret. paladin and a rogue. The alliance trundle along with 4 players, and attack us. 3vs4 aren't horrible odds I think to myself, but that didn't happen.

The rogue just stayed in stealth the entire time. He was moving around and everything, but didn't do anything until after me and the ret. paladin died. He then spammed FoK a few times before to interupt the flag cap, and then consequently died.

I'd not normally tell the above story, but it's what he then said next;

"These alliance are rubbish, it just took 4 of them to take me down"

Yeah alright, it was 4 alliance who killed you, but that's because you sat in stealth until those were the odds. It's not like those 4 alliance struggled to kill you.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Not casters.

I think I was mostly joking, because, as a paladin, I can just shield toss the casters and they come a runnin'.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Unhappy: I tried to flip some elementium ore for insane profit and it didn't work. I bought 10 stacks for 30g because some bot flooded the market. Then 4 days later the price went back up to 200g a stack. So I throw mine up for like 20g less than the next guy. Log off for work, come back later that night to see a different bot flooding the market.

Hate: bots are taking our jerbs!

Happy: Bots taking our jerbs and flooding the market, allowing me to prospect 30g worth of elementium ore into ~64g, minimum vendor price, of gems. Anything that sells on the AH for more than 9g is just bonus money!

Hate: Dammit, no! Burning Emberstorm Shadowdiamonds (or whatever the heck they are) should not be going for 90g! :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Happy: Bots taking our jerbs and flooding the market, allowing me to prospect 30g worth of elementium ore into ~64g, minimum vendor price, of gems. Anything that sells on the AH for more than 9g is just bonus money!

One of my guildies does this. I really need to level my JCer. :(

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Not casters.

I think I was mostly joking, because, as a paladin, I can just shield toss the casters and they come a runnin'.

As a warrior tank it is definitely a 'Hate'. You prot paladin's just don't understand.

format on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Elvenshae wrote: »

One of my guildies does this. I really need to level my JCer. :(

Well I got my paladin to do the dailies so I can once again attempt to break the deadlock a certain guild has on the Horde Ah on Windrunner

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Not casters.

As a warrior tank it is definitely a 'Hate'. You prot paladin's just don't understand.

Just you wait, I have a prot warrior I need to level but it's at the bottom of my list. I'll start hating on casters, eventually.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stop being such a jerk all the time.

In other news,
    Happy: It always surprises me that I can sell all kinds of useless junk on the AH if I just keep listing it.

Hurry: Up and get my mage to 85. Herb + Mining? $$$

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am not a jerk. You are the jerk!

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I get this shit all the time with my Shaman.
    Stop pulling it out of my Earthquake and then whining that I'm not pulling my weight on DPS.
    Stop pulling it out of Healing Rain and then whining that I'm not healing everyone good enough.
    Stop acting like my Chain Heal is going to hurt and getting as close to me as possible, Ranged, instead of staying near the Rogue.

I am not asking you guys to stay close together on fights with no ass-cleaves/ground damage because I hate you. I am saying it so I can heal your dumb asses.
    I just huck my axe at 'em.
    Did Gag Order fall out of use at 85?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If people start a ground targeted AOE before I get my shockwave off there's a chance the mobs are moving out it. After shockwave I keep the mobs still, unless there is an ability that requires me to move.

The real problem is the retarded mob pathing. Sometimes trying to get all the mobs in a cone is a real pain in the ass.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I just huck my axe at 'em.
    Did Gag Order fall out of use at 85?

Blow both heroic throw and shield bash positioning the mobs, get them thrown away by a typhoon or whatever and fuck it I hate knockback spells so much.

format on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    On my druid/shaman I used to just knock them back if they were running at a healer/dps. Other than that, I'd just never use it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    In addition to "save others from loose mobs" I use Typhoon as an interrupt for mobs that are knockbackable and it's something that needs to be interrupted (like a heal) and my Solar Beam is on CD. I used to use it as a killing blow for aoe packs but with the knockback loot bug I've stopped doing that.

Opty on
This discussion has been closed.