As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arts and Crafts with SE++ (or: Sheri's Epic Yarn)

167891012»

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah the rock out there was pretty gorgeous.

5545703444_c3859f768e_z.jpg

5545725284_6eedb9706b_z.jpg

5545143171_87639fe5cd_z.jpg

5545718138_68b1d0cd9d_z.jpg

5545132401_24bee94eca_z.jpg

Except there was one rock that must have been some other kind of stone, I don't know what, but it was really awful. It was really rough on the hands, and if it hadn't been jugs all the way I'm pretty sure I would have died from blood loss or something.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We should totally have a photo thread.

Also I need to fix my sig. It is still ugly.

Also

tumblr_lifljdVEbN1qebaylo1_500.jpg

tumblr_libw83Ccp41qebaylo1_500.jpg

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eclipsed! I sent you your prize earlier today. Should arrive sometime next week. I have pictures if you want to see it now, or you can wait!

Sweet! I will keep my eyes out!
    I want to be surprised - I will take pics as well :)

EclipsedPlanet on
  • feebsiclefeebsicle a feebs Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    update on my crafties:
    they are coming along, but slowly.
    I need to buy some super glue, glue some things, and then they will be done :)
    aiming to finish it this weekend!

feebsicle on
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dear craft thread

I have started binding my own little books! I have made one so far, with a second almost done. I am using cheap materials until you know, I get the hang of it! I am excited, could I get in on the crafting circle thing at some point? Would people be interested in little doodle journals?

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    I want one! I could send you a couple handmade paper things for one. Small craft swap.

Tonkka! Come on or this thread is going to get a boring blanket shot from me.

. on
    Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay cool! I'm gonna pick up some more cardstock in a few days so I will have more options than just white

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I mentioned a while ago in this thread that I wanted to learn to knit. Luckily I have a friend who knits like a champ and was happy to teach me. So I made this

IMns8.jpg?0.3206334304301638

Yes it's a scarf. The single most boring thing you can knit. But it was fun and it's soft, and it's ready just in time for.. uh.. spring. Oh well.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Art, we have a photo thread

It's in the AC

:(

Sheri on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eclipsed! I sent you your prize earlier today. Should arrive sometime next week. I have pictures if you want to see it now, or you can wait!

Has the package arrived yet? Hopefully none of the pieces broke off in transit.

MereHappenstance on
  • Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well in response to this thread I've had another attempt at learning to knit. Nothing fancy, just a simple knit stich square/rectangle.

My first attempt a couple months ago I must have been inadvertantly adding stitches because the resultant rectangle was shaped like a square ended crescent.

Did two rectangles today and they are ok, not particularly consistent tension and the binding off was a tad tight so that end is a tiny bit puckered but much better.

So, how difficult are socks?

Ashaman42 on
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ashaman42 wrote: »
    Well in response to this thread I've had another attempt at learning to knit. Nothing fancy, just a simple knit stich square/rectangle.

My first attempt a couple months ago I must have been inadvertantly adding stitches because the resultant rectangle was shaped like a square ended crescent.

Did two rectangles today and they are ok, not particularly consistent tension and the binding off was a tad tight so that end is a tiny bit puckered but much better.

So, how difficult are socks?

Hooray more knitters!

Compared to a rough square, socks are tough

You'll need to know k2tog/p2tog, m1l/r, how to pick up stitches and how to knit with dpns, circs or magic loop - I'd suggest starting with a hat! There's a lot of the same stitches but the larger yarn and needle sizes make it a lot easier to work with.

Usagi on
    edited March 2011
    So much knitting nerd slang. I actually read that dpns as dps at first.

I was wondering what dps had to do with knitting.

MereHappenstance on
  • Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, had a little look at some sock patterns last night. The first pattern I looked at needed five (five!!!) needles, doubled pointed ones no less. Pffff, I can just about manage two without poking myself in the eye.

Think a hat or some cuboid juggling balls (gotta use up those squares somehow) will be my first proper project.

Ashaman42 on
  • EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yay, it came! You're a pro! I painted a marine for fun once, he's pink and purple >.>
    Ah! My camera's battery is dead - if you could post pics that'd be great, I'm not sure when I'll get some up!
    I will put mine next to yours for comparison :)

EclipsedPlanet on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am insanely jealous of all you knitters.

I never ever have the time to knit, so my skills aren't progressing at all. I maybe knit 30 stitches (one row) a day before something comes up and I need to stop.

Xaquin on
    edited March 2011

Yay, it came! You're a pro! I painted a marine for fun once, he's pink and purple >.>
    Ah! My camera's battery is dead - if you could post pics that'd be great, I'm not sure when I'll get some up!
    I will put mine next to yours for comparison :)

Awesome! I trsuts it all came undamaged? Some paint might have scraped off but who knows. I'll see if I can't find my pictures of it. If I can't then everyone will have to wait. :o

I look forward to seeing the two mighty space marines together.

MereHappenstance on