As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Boston Game Night - July Edition - Tuesday, July 29th - Khadour's Last Stand

• kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd certainly like to go. I'll try and make it. I got an appointment that day and I don't know how late it will go.

kitties_on_acid on
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Susan69 wrote: »
    Are new people invited to this?? I didn't go to the first one or anything, but I live in Brookline and this sounds like fun!

Of course new people are invited! This is about socializing, playing games, and having fun - recapturing a bit of the PAX spirit. Come on down!

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Mike TooleMike Toole Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think I can actually do this. Fingers crossed!!

Mike Toole on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok kids, the official rep from team Squirtle B will be there.

No, I won't wear a robe. Yes, I will be drinking.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think next year we'll do JJ Foleys Prepre-PAX. Worked out really well.

Wish I lived closer, Khadour. :(

Rdr on
  • MadM3rlinMadM3rlin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am attending.

MadM3rlin on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's looking likely that I'll be there Tuesday! Anyone bringing Apples to Apples again? That was super fun last time!
    It has been requested that I bring some Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies with me. I don't know if I'll have the time to bake tomorrow, but I'll try to fit it in. If I do bring cookies, I'm going to do it Cookie Brigade style. So if you want cookies, bring money to donate the Child's Play.
    Khadour, you might want to update the OP with date, time, location, etc. So people can check it and easily see what's up :)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hello, wouldn't it be easy to organize and update future events with Meetup.com?

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
    edited March 2011
    punzie wrote: »
    It's looking likely that I'll be there Tuesday! Anyone bringing Apples to Apples again? That was super fun last time!
    It has been requested that I bring some Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies with me. I don't know if I'll have the time to bake tomorrow, but I'll try to fit it in. If I do bring cookies, I'm going to do it Cookie Brigade style. So if you want cookies, bring money to donate the Child's Play.
    Khadour, you might want to update the OP with date, time, location, etc. So people can check it and easily see what's up :)

Excellent! OP updated - thanks for reminding me. Apparently, I'm getting rusty at this whole forum thing. . .

See you tomorrow night! I'll be sure to toss a copy of Apples to Apples in the box for you, since it sounds like trinistand won't be able to bring most of his games.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Khadour wrote: »

Excellent! OP updated - thanks for reminding me. Apparently, I'm getting rusty at this whole forum thing. . .

See you tomorrow night! I'll be sure to toss a copy of Apples to Apples in the box for you, since it sounds like trinistand won't be able to bring most of his games.

Yeah, since I'm going to be downtown for work already, I'll be taking public transit in. I'll pack a couple of the smaller games in my bag though but I'm not sure I can make Apples to Apples fit o_O

Looking forward to it!

trinistand on
    edited March 2011
    trinistand wrote: »
    Yeah, since I'm going to be downtown for work already, I'll be taking public transit in. I'll pack a couple of the smaller games in my bag though but I'm not sure I can make Apples to Apples fit o_O

Looking forward to it!
    Don't worry about it - I'll toss a decent mix of games into the box. Apples to Apples, Catan, Carcassonne, Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride, Zombie/Cthulhu dice, Munchkin, etc. Anyone have any requests? Unfortunately, my copy of 7 Wonders won't arrive until Thursday or Friday, so I won't have that with me (but it'll be there next time).

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    See everyone tomorrow night!

septagon on
    edited March 2011
    trinistand wrote: »

Looking forward to it!
    Don't worry about it - I'll toss a decent mix of games into the box. Apples to Apples, Catan, Carcassonne, Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride, Zombie/Cthulhu dice, Munchkin, etc. Anyone have any requests? Unfortunately, my copy of 7 Wonders won't arrive until Thursday or Friday, so I won't have that with me (but it'll be there next time).

Currently playing bag tetris to try to see what I can carry.

trinistand on
    edited March 2011
    I will definitely be there with 2 dozen cookies in tow! =D

Oh and I'm bringing Ascension, if anyone wants to play that.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited March 2011
    I will definitely be there with 2 dozen cookies in tow! =D

Oh and I'm bringing Ascension, if anyone wants to play that.

You're a cookie-baking machine!

I've actually never played Ascension, so I might well be in for some of that. I've got the following in the car already:
    Ticket to Ride
    Stone Age
    Settlers of Catan
    Carcassonne
    Puerto Rico
    Munchkin
    Illuminati
    Apples to Apples
    Smarty Party
    Zombie Dice
    Cthulhu Dice

I'll be swinging by the house on my way downtown tonight, so if anyone has any further requests, just let me know!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

edited March 2011
    So much fun was had last night. And super thanks to you all for you Child's Play donations. I got $115 including a $40 donation from Papa Foley himself!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited March 2011
    Yes, there's definitely something to be said for board games in bars! Much fun all around. We may indeed have to make this a monthly meeting . . .

And, as someone else said earlier in another forum, your cookies are the future!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• Susan69Susan69 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, that's so cool that you earned that much money, Punzie! Those cookies were God!
    I had so much fun, can't wait til next time!! :)

Susan69 on
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I agree that this should be a monthly thing.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    +1 for doing this every month.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited March 2011
    I'm up for doing this monthly too. The folks at JJ Foley's are awesome!

trinistand on
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope you guys will be doing this monthly. There's a chance I'll be able to show up now and again. And I need someone to teach me Munchkin.

Trion on
    edited April 2011
    Trion wrote: »
    I hope you guys will be doing this monthly. There's a chance I'll be able to show up now and again. And I need someone to teach me Munchkin.

It seems to be a common thing at the last two nights that someone teaches munchkin...tuesday we had a game go for almost 2 hours.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    edited April 2011
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Trion wrote: »

It seems to be a common thing at the last two nights that someone teaches munchkin...tuesday we had a game go for almost 2 hours.

And we've also had a teaching game of 7 Wonders both nights, as well!

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I recently found out that a number of boston Redditers also hit JJ Foleys fairly often. Ill work on cross-posting meetup info as we are very compatable groups of nerds :)

One of the people I spoke to has a huge game collection, so we should have even more things to play!

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can't wait to see you all next month. :) Looking forward to it!

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
    edited April 2011
    juju wrote: »
    Can't wait to see you all next month. :) Looking forward to it!

Should we pick a date now, or wait until about the middle of the month?

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• LibrarianofdoomLibrarianofdoom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How would anyone feel about doing a meetup north of the city? It looks like there's a fair number of NHers here...for those of us who love Boston but can't get down there easily? :D

Librarianofdoom on
    The Princess Who Saved Herself
    edited April 2011
    How would anyone feel about doing a meetup north of the city? It looks like there's a fair number of NHers here...for those of us who love Boston but can't get down there easily? :D

I'd be fine with it, but I know there are a number of people who are limited by public transportation, so might not be able to make it up north . . .

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

• MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'd be willing to head a bit north of the city since I live a bit north anyway

MxWood on
    edited April 2011
    North works for me too.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    edited April 2011
    I'd be absent for any meetups not in the actual boston area, that whole "I don't have a car" thing puts a damper on such excursions ...

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

edited April 2011
    Well, in the interests of making this a monthly thing, and given the timing of the last get together, shall we say the last Tuesday of the month down at J.J Foley's for our regular meeting? That would make it on the 26th this month.

If a NH get together is desired, that can be scheduled separately - sound reasonable?

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

edited April 2011
    Well, in the interests of making this a monthly thing, and given the timing of the last get together, shall we say the last Tuesday of the month down at J.J Foley's for our regular meeting? That would make it on the 26th this month.

If a NH get together is desired, that can be scheduled separately - sound reasonable?

I think that'd be a good approach. A weekendish NH meetup would make things a bit more accessable I think too.

I'll make a post on the Boston subreddit, they seemed real excited about meeting fellow nerds and doing some gaming :)

arsonisfun on

Red B/Gold Professor

• kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm liking both the idea of a monthly Boston gathering and also a separate north of the city meet.

Living in Lowell, a north of the city meet would be a lot easier for me to get to on a weeknight.

kitties_on_acid on
    edited April 2011

Pretty much what I was going to suggest. My only other suggestion would be that on occasion we have our JJ Foley's night on a weekend. I enjoy the Tuesday nights, but a weekend date will give others who find weeknights difficult a chance to join us.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Susan69Susan69 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would definitely go to something North of Boston as well as the J.J. Foley's nights. I prefer driving over taking the t anyway.

Susan69 on
  • septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Susan69 wrote: »
    I would definitely go to something North of Boston as well as the J.J. Foley's nights. I prefer driving over taking the t anyway.

I know that the T is a pain but being able to go out for drinks and not have to worry about the drive home is pretty nice as well.

septagon on
    edited April 2011
    Thread updated with April meeting info. See you all next week! FB event here.

Khadour on
    xWDsUaZ.png

edited April 2011
    Should I bring cookies again?

punzie on
    HI3789R.png