As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-PAX Movie (Updated 8/15)

• yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If booze is going to be involved, a hip flask of Jager will be a fine companion for Bratz so I can unleash my inner asshole, and rip this movie one of it's own. When Aug. rolls around and nothing worth seeing is going to be in theaters then I'm all for a surly movie going experience seeing Bratz (or if this adventure proves to be the popular choice).

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • zombiebotzombiebot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    yoshamano wrote: »
    If booze is going to be involved, a hip flask of Jager will be a fine companion for Bratz so I can unleash my inner asshole, and rip this movie one of it's own. When Aug. rolls around and nothing worth seeing is going to be in theaters then I'm all for a surly movie going experience seeing Bratz (or if this adventure proves to be the popular choice).

*high five*
    mmm, Jager. Hopefully chilled.

zombiebot on
    Chelseabot, fell victim Quake III, aka "Girl Killer" in 2007.
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ... I don't know. Bratz is a work of Satan, a pure, unadulterated foray into the wickedness of marketing. But, would we really want to support this movie's box office numbers in order to personally shit on the existance of this film in theatres?

I know this is supposed to be about taking pot shots at a crap movie, but I feel guilty about putting money into the pockets of the people who made this movie and designed those dolls. They don't deserve our support.

The reason last year worked so well was because of "Snakes on a [Muthafuckin] Plane" and the fact that everyone agreed that it would be stupid awesome. It was pretty much filmed for the intention we went to see it. It mean, Sam Jackson was in it for the fact that it was a complete balls out cheesefest and that made it great! Replicating the feel of last year with this movie list will be difficult.

Whatever the consensus is, I will be attending because ultimately it will be a fuckawesome time. I just will not vote for Bratz because of my personal belief in their evil and refusal to support them. God, I wish they would just make "Sharks on a Surfboard" or something. It would make decisions like this, almost, for us.

Officer on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    I am voting for The Invasion.
    059r.jpg
    IMDB wrote:
    Also Known As (AKA)
    Invasion of the Body Snatchers USA (working title)
    The Visiting USA (working title)

Plot Outline
    A mysterious epidemic is sweeping the world, but it takes one Washington DC psychiatrist to discover that the disease is extraterrestrial in origin. When her son becomes infected, she and a colleague must work together to find a cure, before the entire world is lost...

Tell me that doesn't have bad sci-fi written all over it. It behooves us to take cheap shots at this movie in a public setting.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Recruit wrote: »
    ... I don't know. Bratz is a work of Satan, a pure, unadulterated foray into the wickedness of marketing. But, would we really want to support this movie's box office numbers in order to personally shit on the existance of this film in theatres?

I know this is supposed to be about taking pot shots at a crap movie, but I feel guilty about putting money into the pockets of the people who made this movie and designed those dolls. They don't deserve our support.

The reason last year worked so well was because of "Snakes on a [Muthafuckin] Plane" and the fact that everyone agreed that it would be stupid awesome. It was pretty much filmed for the intention we went to see it. It mean, Sam Jackson was in it for the fact that it was a complete balls out cheesefest and that made it great! Replicating the feel of last year with this movie list will be difficult.

Whatever the consensus is, I will be attending because ultimately it will be a fuckawesome time. I just will not vote for Bratz because of my personal belief in their evil and refusal to support them. God, I wish they would just make "Sharks on a Surfboard" or something. It would make decisions like this, almost, for us.

Dammit Recruit. Now I feel bad for voting for it.

Also my girls would be pissed if they knew I saw it when they aren't allowed to have anything to do with the things. I'm such a mean mom.

I'm changing my vote to the invasion.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited May 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »

IMDB wrote:
    Also Known As (AKA)

Plot Outline
    A mysterious epidemic is sweeping the world, but it takes one Washington DC psychiatrist to discover that the disease is extraterrestrial in origin. When her son becomes infected, she and a colleague must work together to find a cure, before the entire world is lost...

Tell me that doesn't have bad sci-fi written all over it. It behooves us to take cheap shots at this movie in a public setting.

I am all for this idea! Nicole Kidman needs to be knocked down a peg or too. I think she has gotten a bit uppity with her roles. My vote is alst for The Invasion

Officer on
    edited May 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    We'll be arriving at about 2pm, so, yes.

Okay, so you CCSTers will be in Seattle by about 2pm? Awesome! Our bus (BA and mine) will be coming into Seattle around 1:10pm, so we can hook up when you arrive in town and get our room and keys and everything together.

Officer on
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Aww...come on. A superhero dog!

To get guys motivated I have provided the following inspirational images:

underdog2007prev.jpg

underdog.gif

underdog-1.jpg

anable on
    edited May 2007
    I would be all over Underdog if it were animated or CG, but as a live action dog, I dunno, I got my fill of those when I was a kid with Homeward Bound and the dog voiced by Michael J. Fox

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2007
    059r.jpg
    IMDB wrote:
    Also Known As (AKA)

Plot Outline

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2007
    Okay, in case everybody didn't already see, we have a poll, it closes in July 1, so get your vote on.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2007
    Oh it's on there Moe....ooooooh yeah.

BrokenAngel on
  • munkyboy0930munkyboy0930 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I can't decide out of the two most popular but I really want to see superbad

munkyboy0930 on
    trainer.png
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I chose Bratz because I third the idea of bringing a hip flask of alcohol and making fun of this horrible excuse for a cult that has our tweenage girls hooked. My neice loves this shit.

Cynd3rCyn on
  • WazWaz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I want to raid a theatre to have fun, not to piss off everyone around us. Ruining a 9 year old girls' evening isn't my idea of a good time.

Waz on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I can't, under any circumstances, bring myself to pay money to watch Bratz.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited May 2007
    Waz wrote: »
    I want to raid a theatre to have fun, not to piss off everyone around us. Ruining a 9 year old girls' evening isn't my idea of a good time.

Seconded.

As the mother of a 9 year old girl myself, purposely ruining something for a little kid is kinda messed up. If we had a theater all to ourselves thats another matter altogether however.

BrokenAngel on
    edited May 2007
    I can't, under any circumstances, bring myself to pay money to watch Bratz.

Thank you! That was my argument exactly. More than anything, I would hate to put money in the pocket of those pseudo-hipster companies trying to hook young girls into that idiotic crap.

Officer on
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Honestly, if the idea is to MST3K the film, you're either going to be pissing of 9 year old kids or pissing of 25 year old kids. Either way, someone is going to cry.

anable on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I personally think we should see a funny movie or at least something that won't be like Hostel. I'm not up for slasher films.

SuperBad seems like the right way to go.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Superbad for the fuckin win! <3:twisted:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I GOTTA go for superbad. It looks hilarious.

Edit: Stifin, you are right. Very right. DAMN I wish I hadn't already voted. Can I change?

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • StifinStifin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Superbad looks really funny, and I want to go see it, which is exactly why I'm not voting for it, because then I'll just end up getting pissed off when everyone is making jokes because I actually want to see the movie. Thats why I think the best option is something that nobody really expects to be good. We have to find the next Snakes On A Plane. I know, its a hard job, but somebody has to do it.

Agreed to not give any money to Bratz. I vote Underdog just because of the tagline: "One nation. Under dog." But definetly not superbad.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well I have to throw my two cents in... we do need to be careful, because we have no idea what movies will still be in the theater and at what times they will be at. It would suck if we all voted for Bratz (I have no clue what anybody would want to spend money on that shit, even to make fun of it) but later find out that the last showing is at like 1pm or some crazy time like that if it's even still in the theater. So I say we just pick a time and all show up at the theater, and decide on what movie then.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited June 2007
    Alright, after some discussion with some friends and some deciding based on centralized location, the AMC Pacific Place Theatre 11 would be close to PF Changs for quick travel to the theatre after the dinner is over. The theatre is a decent size, has both stadium and standard seating and "Loveseats" designed for 2 to snuggle in.

Here is a link to their website
    Pacific Place Theatre 11

They have convenient foodstuffs there, a cafe upstairs, and is rated well for comfort and customer service. There are, of course, bad reviews, mostly concerning the service, and mostly during the day.

You can find a place in there that does advertise private parties and renting out theatres for exclusive events, but as far as group discounts go, they outright say those don't exist. I've yet to find any info on how large the theatres are, but I can continue looking about.

But, for distance from dinner, this place can't be beat.

P.F. Chang's: 400 Pine St.
    Pacific Place Theatre 11: 600 Pine St.

Officer on
  • TheSnowiestWhaleTheSnowiestWhale Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Superbad looks like it will be more like SUPER-RAD!

TheSnowiestWhale on
    Gay N00b Laggers
    =GNL=
    Look for us in the pink at PAX '08!
    edited June 2007
    Superbad looks like it will be more like SUPER-RAD!

Yeah, but you have to look at it in the sense that you may actually WANT to see Superbad, therefore going with us, who are going to do nothing but DISS the movie we are watching and shouting at the screen, may ruin the movie for you. This is not going to a movie to quietly sit and watch it. We are by no means watching the film we see. We are going to annihilate it. Voting for a GOOD movie you want to see is a bad idea! It's just ruining a perfectly funny film! People, you all need to understand, you seem to be voting Superbad because it looks cool. We don't want to see cool. We want to take awful and make fun of it so much it BECOMES cool.

Officer on
    edited June 2007
    Man, its like these people all actually like movies, or they've never gone to destroy one before. psh.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
    edited June 2007
    Stifin wrote: »
    Man, its like these people all actually like movies, or they've never gone to destroy one before. psh.

I know, for serious! They seem to think that movies are to be appreciated for the art they represent. When really, those are called FILMS.

Officer on
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Geez, now I feel bad for wanting to piss all over some kids' parade while watching Bratz, hahaha. I think the others are right that we should NOT pick a movie that you want to actually see. It needs to be a movie that if we end up ripping it to shreds, you won't get mad because you're trying to follow the story. As such, I'm going to go with The Invasion because Nicole Kidman is too easy to make fun of (especially if she tries to speak in an accent [including her mostly native aussie accent])

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    As a new development within the Pre-PAX eventing schedule, I would point everyone to this thread. Moe will have some input when he gets the chance.

b0wser on
    edited June 2007
    Indeed, because of these new developments, I recommend we hold the movie before the dinner (maybe a 3:30-4pm show), then go to dinner, then to the Pre-PAX Nerdcore show.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2007
    lol, we locals are going to have to take all of Thursday off from work now...

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    lol, we locals are going to have to take all of Thursday off from work now...

I was thinking about maybe doing that anyways, but now I just might be convinced.

Especially with the pre-nerdcore show at the High-dive, I can basically take a long stumble home from there :rotate:.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • padmeamandapadmeamanda Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/superbad/

Not sure what I think about this movie... you guys really want to spend money to relive your high school years? Hahahaha...

Definately seems like a good movie to crack jokes about though... not worth going to see unless you're with a group, IMO.

padmeamanda on
    edited June 2007
    Well that's what we're here for is the jokes, so it fits, I suppose. I still put my vote in for the Invasion, Nicole Kidman needs to be taken down a peg or two.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2007
    Agreed, I still want to see Superbad too much to go with the PAX crew: Destroyers of Movies

Stifin on

banner.png
    edited June 2007
    You could always just see it before the raid and then see it with the raid.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited June 2007
    perhaps, although its $10 more. But I still think a sci-fi/horror is something better to make fun of. *coughsnakesonaplanecough*

Stifin on

banner.png
  • randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    *edited again*

I completely retract my vote for Superbad. Though I am both super and bad, I would rather watch a horror movie that I know will be terrible and make fun of it. My vote is for the Invasion.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
This discussion has been closed.