As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Many Shuvs and Zuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2011
    man he just introduced a kind of afterlife into the story, I don't think having all these characters die is intended to wrap up anything other than maybe the act, which honestly wouldn't be so bad

DJ Eebs on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    what are you on about geebs?

Melding on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, Geebs. He clearly said "Set phasers to love ME" in the episode. Get it right.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Geebs is that post supposed to be in this thread or the MSPA thread?

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There I fixed it.

Goose! on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2011
    ah whatever it's gonna stay here because ghosts

DJ Eebs on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hey melding i love me some ghostbusters

I had all the toys when I was a kid but then my aunt sold them all cause she said they were satanic and wasnt havin non of that in her home.

edit - okay maybe not all of them, but I had quite the collection.
    I feel you dude.

I had a bunch of the toys too.

Even the firehouse and 2 versions of the Ecto-1 (the original and "Ecto-1A" which was just the original with different stickers)

My mother decided I was too old for the toys one day (I think I was like 7 or 8) and gave them away to a pre-school because she was tired of picking them up. My mother always had this weird perception that everything I liked was for babies. The school she gave them to even told her that the toys were not appropriate for the pre-school because of the small parts and sharp edges so they sold them at a fundraiser.

As an adult I let her know how screwed-up that was and she apologized.

This is the same woman that sold my playstation when I went to college.

Know those moms that keep their kid's room just the way they left it when they leave home? Mine's the opposite of that. Everything I didn't take with me when I left home is history now.

TankHammer on
    edited February 2011
    For the record, she is still a great mom and that's just her most-annoying quirk.

At least she wasn't a religious nut-job. I'd much-rather have my self-esteem routinely broken-down by the parents I had than to be victimized by religion.

TankHammer on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    On the other hand, I think it's silly how some people expect their parents to just keep their stuff forever after they move out. If you value it, take it fucking with you at some point. While you're away at college for a few years? Fine, just communicate to your parents what you'd like them to keep for you so there's no confusion, and ask them to let you know if there's something they're not willing to store for you any longer. But if you're in your 30s, you shouldn't expect your parents to just keep holding onto everything or to read your mind and know what you consider valuable. I say this only because both my brother and sister (in their 40s now) are annoyed that my mom got rid of some stuff a few years back that they wanted. And I'm all, the fuck you want that shit then you get it and keep it in your home. Damn.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My brothers kids come to my parents and play with my old legos and ninja turtles. It brings me unspeakable joy and I helped them play last time.

OnTheLastCastle on
    edited February 2011
    When I was in high school I had watched my stuff get given away or sold at community yard sales enough times to finally decide that if my childhood was going to be taken away from me, I wanted it done on my own terms.

I started giving away things like my enormous plastic bins of LEGO and LEGO train sets, my Sega Genesis, my books and other belongings myself. Kids I babysat or the daycare center I volunteered at inherited things that they would actually enjoy and use and I didn't have to be made to feel shame every time I had something taken away from me to give to some toddlers. I actually could feel good about it.

TankHammer on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gods, that's messed up. So glad my parents are just generi-Conservative, it's survivable to some extent...

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    As a child I wanted nothing more on this earth than to witness

Ghostbusters

vs

Betelgeuse

That's the star, not the ghost.

That is the ghost.

The movie is spelled this way:

Beetlejuice1.jpg

but his name is spelled this way:

BEETLEJUICE3.JPG

do not challenge me on beetlejuice trivia

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    On the other hand, I think it's silly how some people expect their parents to just keep their stuff forever after they move out. If you value it, take it fucking with you at some point. While you're away at college for a few years? Fine, just communicate to your parents what you'd like them to keep for you so there's no confusion, and ask them to let you know if there's something they're not willing to store for you any longer. But if you're in your 30s, you shouldn't expect your parents to just keep holding onto everything or to read your mind and know what you consider valuable. I say this only because both my brother and sister (in their 40s now) are annoyed that my mom got rid of some stuff a few years back that they wanted. And I'm all, the fuck you want that shit then you get it and keep it in your home. Damn.

My sister never went through her stuff, and my parents decided that they'd go through it themselves because she obviously didn't care. What they found was bags of trash and boxes of old food that my sister had brought home from summers in college and never bothered to take back. Or, you know, throw away like you should when you have a bag of trash. My sister is weird.

Moriveth on
    edited February 2011
    Moriveth wrote: »
    My sister never went through her stuff, and my parents decided that they'd go through it themselves because she obviously didn't care. What they found was bags of trash and boxes of old food that my sister had brought home from summers in college and never bothered to take back. Or, you know, throw away like you should when you have a bag of trash. My sister will wind up on Hoarders Season 7.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Druhim wrote: »

When I moved out after college, I went through my entire room, threw out about 8 garbage bags worth of useless shit, donated probably half of my clothes, and only left anything there that I knew would be sentimental to my parents

Also my huge ass CRT tv

fuck moving that thing, they can have it

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
    edited February 2011
    My mom still asks me sometimes about some of my artwork that I have in a plastic bin in the attic like she wants to get rid of it and I tell her that I'll take it off her hands when we move into a house that has space for it.

I respect that my parents can decide if they want stuff stored in their house but this is literally two rubbermaid bins sitting in the corner of an attic that is 80% completely bare.

Woman takes her dislike of "clutter" to a pathological level.

This isn't something I ever really think about or feel the need to vent except for very rare occasions when something triggers it, like this thread.

On topic:
    We were talking about actors we might actually enjoy seeing in a third Ghostbusters movie the other night and I decided that in no particular order I wouldn't mind seeing Jason Segel, Donald Glover, Mos Def or Neil Patrick Harris in one of the roles.
    This is purely based on a plot where the older busters raising a new group to fill-in with field work.

Jason Segel fits the 'heart' quarter of the Ghostbusters team the same way Ray Stanz/Dan Aykroyd did.
    Donald Glover could be the 'heart' (Ray) or the 'mouth' (Peter) and would be a convincing young scientist, seeing as how he's fairly nerdy.
    Mos Def is just a dude I like and he'd be good in the grounded everyman role that Winston Zeddemore/Ernie Hudson filled in the original.
    NPH was a late addition to my potential roles and I see him playing the 'brain' (Egon Spengler/Harold Ramis) as a mix between his role in Starship Troopers and a tiny dash of Dr. Horrible.

Now the ages here are kinda varied so I wouldn't see all four of these on a team together but I wouldn't be offended by any of them ending up in the movie.

I'd much rather they not make a Ghostbusters 3 but since it's looking more likely that it's gonna happen I'll at least try to figure out how they could make it and not have it be extremely painful for me to watch.

TankHammer on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »

<snip>

NPH was a late addition to my potential roles and I see him playing the 'brain' (Egon Spengler/Harold Ramis) as a mix between his role in Starship Troopers and a tiny dash of Dr. Horrible.

oh god yes

Ivar on
    edited February 2011
    So Bill Murray, the last major road-block holding back a third installment in the Ghostbuster's movie franchise hasn't even read the script they sent him. He genuinely does not want to make another Ghostbusters movie or any sequel for that matter.
    Here's a link to a story about it.
    When Stern asked him if he hasn’t read it because he thinks it’s “a bullshit idea”, Murray responded this way:
    There’s a little bit of that. I only made one sequel and it was Ghostbusters 2 and it didn’t end up the way it was presented.

He goes on to say that he feels kinda obligated to give it a chance because he feels he owes a debt to Ivan Reitman but ultimately wouldn't even consider the idea were it not for that.

TankHammer on
    edited February 2011
    So Bill Murray, the last major road-block holding back a third installment in the Ghostbuster's movie franchise hasn't even read the script they sent him. He genuinely does not want to make another Ghostbusters movie or any sequel for that matter.
    Here's a link to a story about it.
    When Stern asked him if he hasn’t read it because he thinks it’s “a bullshit idea”, Murray responded this way:
    There’s a little bit of that. I only made one sequel and it was Ghostbusters 2 and it didn’t end up the way it was presented.

He goes on to say that he feels kinda obligated to give it a chance because he feels he owes a debt to Ivan Reitman but ultimately wouldn't even consider the idea were it not for that.

God Dammit Murray, I can appreciate not wanting to green light another flop, but still...... :evil:

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited February 2011
    If Bill Murray's heart isn't in it then I trust his judgement. Dan Aykroyd is so attention starved and it makes me sad. He would do literally any movie or television show that crossed his desk, no-matter how demeaning it was to him and all others involved. It's the reason he's been pushing for a Ghosbuters 3 so much, he craves being relevant again like he was in the 80s!

Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis are pretty chill dudes and I'm sure they would genuinely enjoy strapping on the packs again. They seemed to have fun with the Video Game after-all.

If this movie never gets made I will be much happier than if they make it and it's mediocre. I don't want another Star Wars prequel or (heaven forbid) Blues Brothers 2000 in my life. Ghostbusters is too important to me. It reminds me of my mom making chicken soup for me when I was sick in bed or having the best costume out of all the other kids in my grade back when I was 5, the only thing both my parents worked on and made by hand together for me, despite my mother's dislike for sewing.

If Murray reads it and likes it enough to let it get made then I will be psyched and if he doesn't I know I won't have to deal with a bad movie anyway.

TankHammer on
    edited February 2011
    If Bill Murray's heart isn't in it then I trust his judgement. Dan Aykroyd is so attention starved and it makes me sad. He would do literally any movie or television show that crossed his desk, no-matter how demeaning it was to him and all others involved. It's the reason he's been pushing for a Ghosbuters 3 so much, he craves being relevant again like he was in the 80s!

Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis are pretty chill dudes and I'm sure they would genuinely enjoy strapping on the packs again. They seemed to have fun with the Video Game after-all.

If this movie never gets made I will be much happier than if they make it and it's mediocre. I don't want another Star Wars prequel or (heaven forbid) Blues Brothers 2000 in my life. Ghostbusters is too important to me. It reminds me of my mom making chicken soup for me when I was sick in bed or having the best costume out of all the other kids in my grade back when I was 5, the only thing both my parents worked on and made by hand together for me, despite my mother's dislike for sewing.

If Murray reads it and likes it enough to let it get made then I will be psyched and if he doesn't I know I won't have to deal with a bad movie anyway.

I know you're talking sense, but my nostalgia glands are still slightly inflamed and in a bit of a bunch.

Oh well, I can console myself with DVDs and games and the never-ending busy I am dealing with.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited March 2011
    Hey people, the new arcade game is OUT NOW! I am still very much on the fence having watched gameplay footage of it. who wants to see fi the trial can go online and try playing it with me?

Melding on
    edited March 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    Hey people, the new arcade game is OUT NOW! I am still very much on the fence having watched gameplay footage of it. who wants to see fi the trial can go online and try playing it with me?

I just might be down for this my man. I'll see you when I get home.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    where is there footage of this new game I have not heard about

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    alright, i have no idea when that is.

Melding on
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    IN BUILDINGS is fucking hilarious to me

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    i was hoping it was just going to do two

IN BUILDINGS! NOT IN BUILDINGS!

also you interested in trying this out? i guess i should check to see if it can go online.

Melding on
    edited March 2011
    predictably, it lets you do local multiplayer but not over live. makes sense but all the same going solely by what i have played of the single player stuff it's not really good.

Melding on
    edited March 2011
    but you can catch ghosts IN BUILDINGS

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did they change it? Because it says INSIDE BUILDINGS for me.

Fencingsax on
    edited March 2011
    Curses, roomie's got a hold of the TV, can't play right now.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, if this doesn't let you co-op over Live then that's pretty much all my interest in this evaporating. Also, driving an Ecto-Hummer? C'mon guys. Really?

TankHammer on
    edited March 2011
    Oh one good thing to come out of this is that I just bought a Ghostbusters flightsuit for my avatar... and a Major Monogram screen to go behind him.

This is why I shouldn't be allowed to have money.

TankHammer on
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank god they put in a sewer level I thought there wasn't going to be one and then at the end there was phew.

It looks pretty bad though.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
    edited March 2011
    2009 Ghostbusters superior is the verdict then gents?

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No live co-op? Fuck that.

DarkPrimus on
    edited March 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    2009 Ghostbusters superior is the verdict then gents?

Yeah, pretty-much all the folks over at gbfans agree that this game is really bland and GB:TVG was better.

Maybe we should jump on sometime this week and catch some ghosts for old time's sake.

TankHammer on
    edited March 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    No live co-op? Fuck that.

My bad. You can do online co-op over Live. Maybe the PC version doesn't have the option (like with the 09 release)?

Also, I hear that if you try to play with AI the ghosts only target the player character while the AI runs in circles and shoots walls.

edit: Oh and now crossing the streams is good because they combine like in Magicka.

Fuck. You.

That's like having a Fight Club game where you earn points by running around telling everyone about Fight Club.

Not crossing the streams is the first rule of Ghostbusting.

TankHammer on