As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the things a steam summer sale does to a clam

FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Social Entropy++
so i wanted to have a little chat with you sassy young women about some of these super cheap steam games that have come out lately, because i am parsing through my library of $2.50 investments and i don't know where to start

I just finished installing The Witcher, Far Cry 2, Tom Clancy's R6 LV, Gothic 3, and some other shit and i don't know where to start

is the answer to that always start at secret of the magic crystal or should i just pretend i didn' buy all that shit and play nothing but total war games

reposig.jpg
Fandyien on

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still haven't played half of the games I got during the christmas sale. Like Modern Warfare 2!

Daaamn you Starcraaaaaft!

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    FragarachFragarach Never misses. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really enjoyed The Witcher, but I'll be the first to admit that it has some issues. Combat is dull, a lot of the quests are mmo style fetch and/or kill quests, inventory management is a bit of a hassle, but if you can hang it becomes very fun. My suggestion would be to play through act 1 completely and see if it grabs you at all. It gets a bit better in 2, and really good in 3.

Quick edit to say that Magicka is probably the best thing I've ever purchased on Steam. It's been a long time since my friends and I have played a co-op game this fun. Really reminds me of being a kid and playing Secret of Mana all night with a multitap.

Fragarach on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i just got the first i guess city thing in the witcher

the whole barghest raping thing was boooooring

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    god fuck I have so many goddamn games

five more weeks and I can play the ever-loving shit out of them

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    faggots is a hurtful word

denihilist on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have so many games I got on the cheap and either haven't touched or haven't played enough

every time I log on, tf2 calls me back

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    didn't you get an infraction last time you called everyone faggots in the op. Don't you ever learn Fandy

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i just got the first i guess city thing in the witcher

the whole barghest raping thing was boooooring

I've completely understood when friends told me they didn't like it. Hell, I stopped in act 2 to beat the Dragon Knight Saga and Fallout NV before eventually finishing it myself.

Fragarach on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh hey. I was wondering when a new steam thread would pop up.

Been playing Witcher off and on. I don't know if I will ever finish it. I play it for a few hours and it gets too repetitive to continue.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    didn't you get an infraction last time you called everyone faggots in the op. Don't you ever learn Fandy

i learn and then i forget again

how is gothic 3

i got fifteen minutes in and frankly it seems potentially interesting but the world is populated by the mentally ill (the germans)

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It doesn't hold a candle to 1 or 2 (especially 2). Might be nostalgia glasses, but I don't think that's the case.

Fragarach on
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fragarach wrote: »
    I really enjoyed The Witcher, but I'll be the first to admit that it has some issues.

"One-click combat, endless drudging from place to place, quests involving killing X amount of monster Y for lazy stationary cockhead Zed?
    This is a MUMORPUGER!"

Excerpt from the most accurate review of The Witcher ever, even through he only played it for a few hours.

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    denihilist wrote: »

Faggot is totally a term of endearment around here and within my circle of friends in real life.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    the things steam does to hams

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also yeah I have a ridiculous number of steam games. After getting pokemon white earlier this month, I think I'm done buying video games for a long while.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Artreus wrote: »

Faggot is totally a term of endearment around here and within my circle of friends in real life.

when I miss your lips, I'll put a fag in my mouth and think of you

natek on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    the things steam does to hams
    despite the fact that they are obviously grilled

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I kept looking for the steam thread and never finding it. I'm glad it's back.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    wait what is there a steam sale fuck

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    what mac games are good

Qorzm on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have a shitload of games that I can't play because my computer isn't good enough, but I just bought them on sale "for when I upgrade."

I'm a complete addict.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So how 'bout that SpaceChem?

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    I have a shitload of games that I can't play because my computer isn't good enough, but I just bought them on sale "for when I upgrade."

I'm a complete addict.

I have a couple of these

I feel a little better now

Seriously on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Games I bought or was gifted during the sale and for some reason still have not played very much:
    Deus Ex 1 and 2
    Monkey Island 1 and 2
    Mount & Blade
    Bully
    Company of Heroes: Complete
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Crysis Complete
    Torchlight
    L4D2
    Stalker: CoP
    Tropico 3
    Kane and Lynch 2

The some reason I have not played very much of those games: Bad Company 2

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BTW I still love T4CT for buying me space sexytimes for Christmas. Both those games were amazing.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have such a backlog that even if whoever was my secret steam santa had gotten me anything, I probably still wouldn't have gotten around to it anyway. :)

And I feel kinda bad about getting stuff from cool guys like ultimakay and vsove that I still haven't installed :(

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All I play is Shogun Total War. It is consuming my life.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I should play that game.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i wish i could afford shogun

i'd be a changed man

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Every weekend, typically. Hell, sometimes even mid-week. I've just made a habit of keeping the Store running on my desktop and glancing at it to see what's going on.

godmode on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Has anyone tried out Hoard? It looks pretty fun from the vids. You'se a dragon!

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    godmode wrote: »

Every weekend, typically. Hell, sometimes even mid-week. I've just made a habit of keeping the Store running on my desktop and glancing at it to see what's going on.

oh when I saw the thread I thought there might be another MEGASALE but nope

don't know if I'm happy or not

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    also braid looks so pretty but it's terribly difficult

i am mostly mentally ill i guess but i can't even get past the second stage

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i wish i could afford shogun

i'd be a changed man

I'm sure it'll go on sale at some point.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    i know

but i am a junkie for total war games

i shoot 'em into my scrote

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I feel you, I love the series too. Look at the bright side, when you buy it they'll hopefully have patched out all the bad things!

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Why, Hello there Steam thread!

I got my new PC about a month back and the change has been fabulous! Actually being capable of playing games released in the last 5 years is awesome while I'm stuck living in my parents guest room (home renovations take forever).

I'm greatly enjoying M2: Total War and as anyone on my friends list may have spotted I've sunk many hours into that. I'm also playing a few missions of Dawn of War 2, and for that I have to thank Iolo for gifting it to me during the Holiday Sale.

In fact I have to thank many people for their gifts from the Holiday sale, now that I'm having a chance to play them and enjoy them. I've installed around 30 games and although I've put off playing some of them until I can get back home and enjoy playing them at my leisure from the comfort of my own desk, I've had a chance to quickly sample a dozen or so titles and I'm quite looking forward to spending May-September trapped in the house with a good collection of games to fill the winter hours.

Also, Mods! I forgot how awesome mods for PC games were. High-res textures! Widescreen mods! User Content! Nude skins! That Morrowind clip of the dinosaur with Aliens and Predators and Star Trek and Power Rangers!

I'll tell you one thing I didn't miss about PC gaming, though... the hour or so of configuring software and install settings to make it run properly, getting unexplained errors and searching the internet for solution fixes. Yeah, that's not cool. Also, since when does every fucking game need me to register an online account to play a game? Social media participation should be opt-in...

*I mean, yeah, it's still way easier than setting up individual batch files to configure memory settings and IRQ settings and whatever else to run a Dos4GW game, but I trying to get Steam and Games for Windows live and EA/BioWare accounts all configured just so I could start playing a game was an exercise in frustration I hadn't experienced in years.

Where was I? Oh yeah, Steam. Steam is good.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Artreus wrote: »

Sounds pretty gay

denihilist on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Games I bought or was gifted during the sale and for some reason still have not played very much:
    Deus Ex 1 and 2
    Monkey Island 1 and 2
    Mount & Blade
    Bully
    Company of Heroes: Complete
    Fallout 3 GOTY
    Crysis Complete
    Torchlight
    L4D2
    Stalker: CoP
    Tropico 3
    Kane and Lynch 2

The some reason I have not played very much of those games: Bad Company 2

This is pretty much the same reason I have very few of my Steam games installed.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so uhm tons of sega games on sale for like ten bucks.

SenorTacos on
This discussion has been closed.