As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Regular [chat]: TAG UP! TAG UP!

1565758596062»

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    2498p_0c_3m.jpg

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    Oh man, saw the best warning sign near where they're doing construction on the new executive offices (in the middle of layoffs and budget uncertainty.)

Asbestos Warning! How awesome is that?

yami you know what is fun

my entire building is plastered with them, has been for months, and the entire second floor (where the new lab I will be working in in a few weeks is located)

is full of rooms where they are actively cleaning out asbestos

so glad i am leaving in a few months

I really hope this and my month long chronic cough are not related. I should go to the doctor but I feel so stupid telling him "Yeah, I've been coughing a bit for a couple weeks."

Exact same situation here, only I don't feel stupid going to the doctor for it because chronic cough go see a damn doctor

Arch on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/#!5785306/dragon-age-ii-writer-eloquently-defends-the-games-sexuality-balance

I... I don't understand this. Was the author of the post in question angry that he only had two romance options and that it sucks because they should have dumped some of the homosexual options to provide more straight options?

I mean, at first I read a complaint about the "exotic" choice in Isabella and Merril and assumed maybe he just wanted to bang Aveline because she wasn't "Hooker Pirate" or "Slender Non Human". You know, a normal human player. That's kind of valid. But then the rest of the article is all... say what?

If nothing else I am incredibly impressed with the response from the Dragon age writer

I can't even begin to describe how impressed I am with it

I think the best way is to set aside some money and buy dragon age 2 at some point, and buy bioware games in the future

I do not understand Kotaku's comment system at all.

It's Kotaku.

I should really apologize to you guys for linking it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, saw the best warning sign near where they're doing construction on the new executive offices (in the middle of layoffs and budget uncertainty.)

Anytime they do anything in any of the buildings on campus here, there's tarp-walls constructed and asbestos warnings all over the joint.

Good times.

LaOs on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »
    My mom woke me up this morning by stroking my face and crying and saying how much she loves me.

Couldn't sleep for a while after that.

If my mom did that I would never sleep again.

Yeah, I'd be freaked out because
    -My mom either doesn't feel or doesn't express affection, I'm not sure which
    -She doesn't know where I live

Ok, this sounds worse than it is. My mom is cool. She tries, in her own way.

She just has yet to visit me in the 14 months I've been living at my current place, about 30 minutes from her.

TL DR on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    http://kotaku.com/#!5785306/dragon-age-ii-writer-eloquently-defends-the-games-sexuality-balance

I... I don't understand this. Was the author of the post in question angry that he only had two romance options and that it sucks because they should have dumped some of the homosexual options to provide more straight options?

I mean, at first I read a complaint about the "exotic" choice in Isabella and Merril and assumed maybe he just wanted to bang Aveline because she wasn't "Hooker Pirate" or "Slender Non Human". You know, a normal human player. That's kind of valid. But then the rest of the article is all... say what?

Why do games even have romance options? "No Tali. Im not Hitting on y....YAAAA....WHY ARE WE FUCKING ALL OF A SUDDEN"

One of the commenters made a good point that romance options in Bioware games aren't really "romance," they're appeasing the character until they'll let you fuck them.

look, you just don't get Shepherd's charisma

it is a force that is only temporarily blocked by the personal problems of those around him

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    That LeBron gif is old as fuck and comes as no surprise to NBA fans. There's numerous stories of him tipping like, 10 dollars on 900 dollar bills and shit.
    I remember a night when Wayne Gretzky insulted Michael Jordan at the table. It was a private salon game. Michael had ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress, and he gave her a five-dollar chip. Wayne took it off the cocktail waitress’s tray, gave it back to Michael, grabbed a hundred-dollar chip from Michael’s stack and put it on the cocktail waitress’s tray. Then he said, “That’s how we tip in Las Vegas, Michael.”

Man...a 5 dollar tip on a single drink is ridiculously good. Just because you got money in the bank doesn't mean you have to dole out 100 dollar bills to everyone who comes within 10 ft of you.

A five dollar tip isn't bad. I just admire the sheer audacity of Gretzky in that story. Jordan is noted for having a temper, and it takes some balls to do that to him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    That LeBron gif is old as fuck and comes as no surprise to NBA fans. There's numerous stories of him tipping like, 10 dollars on 900 dollar bills and shit.
    I remember a night when Wayne Gretzky insulted Michael Jordan at the table. It was a private salon game. Michael had ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress, and he gave her a five-dollar chip. Wayne took it off the cocktail waitress’s tray, gave it back to Michael, grabbed a hundred-dollar chip from Michael’s stack and put it on the cocktail waitress’s tray. Then he said, “That’s how we tip in Las Vegas, Michael.”

Man...a 5 dollar tip on a single drink is ridiculously good. Just because you got money in the bank doesn't mean you have to dole out 100 dollar bills to everyone who comes within 10 ft of you.

To be fair, Jordan is routinely known to bet between 10k and 100k on single holes of golf.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

my entire building is plastered with them, has been for months, and the entire second floor (where the new lab I will be working in in a few weeks is located)

California has a voter-passed law that requires these signs:

CP3_master.jpg

The bar is so ridiculously low that these signs are everywhere. Apartment complexes, gyms, shopping malls, parking garages...

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Maybe he just smells really nice.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Is this an old building? Because we used to put that shit in damn near everything. If it isn't being disturbed, its fine, but if there's any work going on on that kind of thing, it really needs to be sealed off and dealt with by pros.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I really hope this and my month long chronic cough are not related. I should go to the doctor but I feel so stupid telling him "Yeah, I've been coughing a bit for a couple weeks."

Any blood?

Also - how long have you been working there?

Cause it takes YEARS of exposure and then YEARS later the effects of the damage start showing.

Daxon on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

California has a voter-passed law that requires these signs:

CP3_master.jpg

The bar is so ridiculously low that these signs are everywhere. Apartment complexes, gyms, shopping malls, parking garages...

heh

except in this cases asbestos is like a serious deal and is probably how my partner's mother contracted lung cancer and died....

Arch on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like the three Creeper moon shirt but I don't know if I'd want to explain why I have three green penis monsters on my shirt.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Corvus wrote: »

Is this an old building? Because we used to put that shit in damn near everything. If it isn't being disturbed, its fine, but if there's any work going on on that kind of thing, it really needs to be sealed off and dealt with by pros.

They're gutting a pretty big office area near the front door. It's sealed now, but it's been fairly open the past couple weeks. And I'm pretty sure the building is on the older side.

@Feral: I love the phrasing you get for stuff like that. "Known to cause cancer in the state of CA." Well, I'll just stay out of CA and use it.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Cass, make a new chat thread. Please do not let it be Moon Over June-related.

DK, you are backup.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.