As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Just another Friday nite at the [chat]house

Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLYT O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Oh man, saw the best warning sign near where they're doing construction on the new executive offices (in the middle of layoffs and budget uncertainty.)

Asbestos Warning! How awesome is that?

yami you know what is fun

my entire building is plastered with them, has been for months, and the entire second floor (where the new lab I will be working in in a few weeks is located)

is full of rooms where they are actively cleaning out asbestos

so glad i am leaving in a few months

I really hope this and my month long chronic cough are not related. I should go to the doctor but I feel so stupid telling him "Yeah, I've been coughing a bit for a couple weeks."

Any blood?

Also - how long have you been working there?

Cause it takes YEARS of exposure and then YEARS later the effects of the damage start showing.

No, it's mostly non-productive. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the work, although they were in here testing the air not too long ago. It started right after I got sick for real, so I'm sure it's something to do with that.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    but it's thursday afternoon

Elendil on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Hey, it's not Moon Over June, so I'm happy.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh god. Not that video again.

BobCesca on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm straight and the only reason I haven't banged a dude in DA2 is because Anders is a fucking whiny prick and Fenris is lanky and completely unattractive.

One of the commenters made a good point that romance options in Bioware games aren't really "romance," they're appeasing the character until they'll let you fuck them.

I largely disagree with that.

I mean, that kinda boils down to "oh well they only have sex with you because they like you".

So... how often do people have sex with someone that actively dislike? Hate fucking can't be that large of a trend. I don't see a majority of people shrugging off disgust so they can get their freak on.

"Oh, well I insulted Merrill's religious beliefs and lost a bunch friend points and now she won't bone me this is so unrealistic".

Sheep on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hehe, wasn't it just a little while ago you were saying that the testing thing was just a temp gig until you can go on to do what you are actually into?

It is, but unfortunately it seems to be the only thing I can get hired for in this stupid economy. I did manage to get an interview at WotC, but my geek cred was insufficient or something. I think maybe because I was more into NEW ideas instead of the same old ideas over and over again for all time. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fenris has a sexy voice so I'm going to rivalry fuck him.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    I'm straight and the only reason I haven't banged a dude in DA2 is because Anders is a fucking whiny prick and Fenris is lanky and completely unattractive.

One of the commenters made a good point that romance options in Bioware games aren't really "romance," they're appeasing the character until they'll let you fuck them.

I mean, that kinda boils down to "oh well they only have sex with you because they like you".

So... how often do people have sex with someone that actively dislike? Hate fucking can't be that large of a trend. I don't see a majority of people shrugging off disgust so they can get their freak on.

"Oh, well I insulted Merrill's religious beliefs and lost a bunch friend points and now she won't bone me this is so unrealistic".

You can have rivalry romances. You're basically the annoying significant other trying to get them to change their ways and they know you're trying to help you but you kind of piss them off but oh god you're so good in bed.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I did manage to get an interview at WotC, but my geek cred was insufficient or something. I think maybe because I was more into NEW ideas instead of the same old ideas over and over again for all time. :P

Oh, come on.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    BioWare games need more hookers.

JustinSane07 on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Please get stabbed, cass.

Bedlam on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Oh god that's fucking terrible. Absolutely fucking terrible.

*rips ears off*

WMain00 on
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I did manage to get an interview at WotC, but my geek cred was insufficient or something. I think maybe because I was more into NEW ideas instead of the same old ideas over and over again for all time. :P

Oh, come on.

Are you familiar with Essentials? :P

Incenjucar on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hehe, wasn't it just a little while ago you were saying that the testing thing was just a temp gig until you can go on to do what you are actually into?

It is, but unfortunately it seems to be the only thing I can get hired for in this stupid economy. I did manage to get an interview at WotC, but my geek cred was insufficient or something. I think maybe because I was more into NEW ideas instead of the same old ideas over and over again for all time. :P

You should have suggested they bring back Birthright.

Cinders on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    When you like someone many people find they cater their responses to best present themselves to that person.

This is p much universal for real life and Dragon Age. How much you the player cares about NPC X's backstory/personal issues is of course subjective and usually not the same as with REAL PERSON Y.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

Oh, come on.

Are you familiar with Essentials? :P

You mean the line of products that have been making WotC maaaad money since they came out?

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    That LeBron gif is old as fuck and comes as no surprise to NBA fans. There's numerous stories of him tipping like, 10 dollars on 900 dollar bills and shit.
    I remember a night when Wayne Gretzky insulted Michael Jordan at the table. It was a private salon game. Michael had ordered a drink from the cocktail waitress, and he gave her a five-dollar chip. Wayne took it off the cocktail waitress’s tray, gave it back to Michael, grabbed a hundred-dollar chip from Michael’s stack and put it on the cocktail waitress’s tray. Then he said, “That’s how we tip in Las Vegas, Michael.”

Man...a 5 dollar tip on a single drink is ridiculously good. Just because you got money in the bank doesn't mean you have to dole out 100 dollar bills to everyone who comes within 10 ft of you.

To be fair, Jordan is routinely known to bet between 10k and 100k on single holes of golf.

Apparently him and Barkley have gambled together. Those would be some serious fucking bets. The story is that while playing against each other, they both made bets with each other on the floor that just kept getting bigger.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    Also this looks like a KICKASS game and I wish I had played it back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KndR62nc8&feature=related

Kagera on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I finally got that Parachute Achievement in AC Brotherhood. All it took was a new game and an additional six hours of gameplay!

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2011
    Cinders wrote: »

I should have.

Honestly the position was just customer service, but they were asking a lot of "fit in" questions. Just wish they believed in feedback.

Incenjucar on
    edited March 2011
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Please get stabbed, cass.

Um... I think I'll have to give that a no.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That whole Rebecca Black thing is just weird. The girl ain't much for singing that's for sure, but as someone pointed out on reddit, the Black Eyed Peas' lyrics are just as bad...if not worse, and they can't sing either. And then it turns out that the girl in the pink dress who's become a meme of her own for the nerdy dancing, did a youtube AMA, and is actually a pretty cool person.

Dark_Side on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    On the plus side, everyone in the lab who is coughing now calls it <MyName>-lung.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »

You can have rivalry romances. You're basically the annoying significant other trying to get them to change their ways and they know you're trying to help you but you kind of piss them off but oh god you're so good in bed.
    just minding my own business when merrill shows up to apologize for yelling and the next thing I know we're in bed and I'm inviting her to move in and WHAT JUST HAPPENED

Elendil on
    edited March 2011

You mean the line of products that have been making WotC maaaad money since they came out?

No such data exists.

The only indication of anything is that they had to delay a product and cram a Vampire into it to get it out of the Essentials format it was already formatted for and back into hardback even though it contributed to their giant product gap.

Incenjucar on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Listen man, just because you want to bring back banding and call it "power of friendship" doesn't mean you have new ideas.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Romances in Dragon Age 2 are greatly improved the more you use the term 'Hawke-cock'. Even if you're playing a Lady Hawke!

edited March 2011

Listen man, just because you want to bring back banding and call it "power of friendship" doesn't mean you have new ideas.

I... I don't know what that is.

Is it like docking?

Incenjucar on
    edited March 2011
    That whole Rebecca Black thing is just weird. The girl ain't much for singing that's for sure, but as someone pointed out on reddit, the Black Eyed Peas' lyrics are just as bad...if not worse, and they can't sing either. And then it turns out that the girl in the pink dress who's become a meme of her own for the nerdy dancing, did a youtube AMA, and is actually a pretty cool person.

My stance: She's 13. That's the beginning of 'who the fuck am I going to be' territory. Rare is the 13 year old who is churning out good music, or good anything really. Also, the internet has nobody to blame but itself.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yeah but the lyrics are really really terrible.

WMain00 on
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    Also this looks like a KICKASS game and I wish I had played it back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KndR62nc8&feature=related

It was pretty good yeah. But the controls during combat were a bitch and a half. You can't (at least I couldn't find a way) use a joystiq. It's all keyboard. And aiming up/down is a pain.

I liked Crescent Hawks Inception (and the sequel) better.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited March 2011
    On the plus side, everyone in the lab who is coughing now calls it <MyName>-lung.

No but seriously you fuckers are getting poisoned or some shit and will probably all find out you're sterile/have tumors/start having a tree grow out of you.

Kagera on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I love pokémon, but goddamn some of the control elements need a serious fucking overhaul, specifically anything got to do with using abilities outside of battle.

Walk to shores edge, press A
    *description of the sea and how awesome it is, would you like to use surf?*
    YES, WHY ELSE WOULD I BE HERE?

Jesus, that shit is infuriating. Why can't it be a case of if i walk to the shore line with a pokémon in my party with surf that i don't just automatically hop in the fucking water?
    Ditto to rock climb, whirlpool, waterfall and strength. Shit should be instant.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Romances in Dragon Age 2 are greatly improved the more you use the term 'Hawke-cock'. Even if you're playing a Lady Hawke!

It certainly puts the "rise to power" tagline in a different context.

Lawndart on
  • Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

My stance: She's 13. That's the beginning of 'who the fuck am I going to be' territory. Rare is the 13 year old who is churning out good music, or good anything really. Also, the internet has nobody to blame but itself.

Ark records is basically the same idea as amazon's self publishing wing. Poor girl didn't even write the song, she just picked it off a list of options.

Dark_Side on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mechwarrior was great fun, all of them were.

Another franchise that kind of ended up getting the shaft, just like C&C

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

No but seriously you fuckers are getting poisoned or some shit and will probably all find out you're sterile/have tumors/start having a tree grow out of you.

FO3_Harold.jpg

edited March 2011

No such data exists.

The only indication of anything is that they had to delay a product and cram a Vampire into it to get it out of the Essentials format it was already formatted for and back into hardback even though it contributed to their giant product gap.

Some friends of mine (former WOTC people most of them) own a board-game publisher and are very well connected with nation-wide distributors for this kind of product.

Essentials has sold like gangbusters.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, calling up Herr Doktor.

Edit: As cool as the tree thing would be...

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited March 2011
    Cinders wrote: »

I should have.

Honestly the position was just customer service, but they were asking a lot of "fit in" questions. Just wish they believed in feedback.

Maybe it's just me, but an interview doesn't seem like the appropriate venue for "feedback".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.