As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happenstance, Heraldry, Humorous, and Hooligans [Happy and Hate Thread]

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can you use typhoon to knock mobs over the edge of Vortex Pinnacle? What happens?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You don't realize how annoying it is until you tank. This is why I don't use it on my druid in PVE.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    format wrote: »
    As a warrior tank it is definitely a 'Hate'. You prot paladin's just don't understand.
    I just huck my axe at 'em.
    Did Gag Order fall out of use at 85?

Blow both heroic throw and shield bash positioning the mobs, get them thrown away by a typhoon or whatever and fuck it I hate knockback spells so much.

I don't see what the big deal is as a warrior.
    Either you charge and pinball back and forth like a badass Troll Warrior.
    OR.
    You let the Moonkin die because WHOOPS SORRY HE'S OUT OF THUNDERCLAP ASSHOLE.

Either way, you come out on top.

The Muffin Man on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also Knockbacks are great for the sheer rage it incites.

The Muffin Man on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: My buddy and I make a pretty decent arena team (retadin/spriest). For the first time in awhile I actually have a win/loss where the wins are actually higher! Should only get better as he gets PvP gear and I finish out my set. This kinda breathes new life into the game for me as I as basically only logging in for raids for the past few weeks. We'll probably burn out soon enough, but its enough just to have a bit of fun for now.

Hate: Another friend who I play with has gotten to a point where he gets really emotional about shit in this game. He's good at the game, but he's kinda gotten to that point where if other people don't perform to his standards the anger starts to come out. Also he's our raid leader. And main tank. Soooooooooooo he's taking some time off but I didn't want our raiding to stop for that long because I kinda think that gives the impression that we've given up. I don't want to give up.

Huh?: So I'm now off tank for the guild on my baby paladin and solo tank on the bosses that don't need two (our other tank is a warrior with a pretty good DPS set, while I have an abysmal healing set). Progress is slower, and I'm afraid we'll still be at the same point a month from now when my friend starts looking to come back.

Basically, we were stuck on Atramedes and Chimeron in BWD, Cho'gal in BoT. Now with my under geared tank coming in, we'll be stuck at the Elemental Council again (our last road block).

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My raid was stuck on Atramedes for a bit, then I started being horribly abusive towards people getting hit by the sound rings, calling them out by name during the fight, and explaining that if I was 2 feet in front of the dragons face and managed to avoid them, why the hell couldn't they. Eventually they started moving earlier just to get me to shut up.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    An undergeared tank isn't the albatross it once was. None of chimaeron, atramedes and council do that much tank damage really. Nef and cho'gall will push your shit in, but cross that bridge when you come to it.

Also, atramedes is the fight where melee get to be ranged. If people are having trouble reacting to discs they need to move to the edge of his hitbox.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Was sick and had to miss the raid last night.

Happy: Before I really got sick, I did some pvp as a holy paladin (battleground) and was actually enjoying it.

Amusing: I'm leveling a worgen druid on a pvp server, and at 34 have seen exactly 1(one) Horde player (who was a terrible ganker) and that was in Moonglade.

Nobody on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Decomposey wrote: »
    My raid was stuck on Atramedes for a bit, then I started being horribly abusive towards people getting hit by the sound rings, calling them out by name during the fight, and explaining that if I was 2 feet in front of the dragons face and managed to avoid them, why the hell couldn't they. Eventually they started moving earlier just to get me to shut up.

And that is a good thing considering his hit box is HUGE!

Jubal77 on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy - Passive Resistor Spaulders Get.

Ho-Hum - 3 missing from raid again last night, which means happy I got Jaded & Neyla invites, but man I wish our roster was a little more stable :|

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Another week, another lack of Mail hunter gear or Conq helm.
    3 Vanq
    3 Protector
    0 Conq.

BRUUUUU

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lol. Every boss we downed last night had at least 1 piece of hunter gear on it.

We have 2 hunters and they basically already have all the loot from any boss we've killed before.

belligerent on
    edited March 2011
    It's just aggravating getting fucked by RNG so hard. I literally haven't even seen a sidegrade in a month.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: The RNG smiled upon me last night while I was on my hunter. My random was BRC and I won loot, uncontested, on 3 out of 5 bosses there. The ring from the first boss, the agi trinket, and then the agi cloak. Everyone else was like "fuck good luck hunter"

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    An undergeared tank isn't the albatross it once was. None of chimaeron, atramedes and council do that much tank damage really. Nef and cho'gall will push your shit in, but cross that bridge when you come to it.

Also, atramedes is the fight where melee get to be ranged. If people are having trouble reacting to discs they need to move to the edge of his hitbox.

Salmoned for shitty tanks who keep 8 different sets of gear and suck because they die anyways.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gnutson wrote: »

Ho-Hum - 3 missing from raid again last night, which means happy I got Jaded & Neyla invites, but man I wish our roster was a little more stable :|

Me and my epic shamaness. Loved that on Halfus, I didn't have enough HP to survive 2 back to back fireballs. Let alone barely have 70k mana pool....

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    meh, chogall and nef hit a lot harder than the rest of the bosses

I didn't think that was really controversial

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Neyla wrote: »

Me and my epic shamaness. Loved that on Halfus, I didn't have enough HP to survive 2 back to back fireballs. Let alone barely have 70k mana pool....

Still outdid our regular DK.. even taking time to reincarnate..

Gnutson on
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Even I did better then that guy.
    Do you not remember me telling you he didn't have a presence activated in all of BoT? :P

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That guy sounds awesome.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

LOl really? awesome! Took me awhile to pop back up cuz Jaded rezed me at first as a ghoul... I was having too much fun gnawing the boss... *insert ghoul rawr here*

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited March 2011
    not killing chogall because substitute dpsers are terrible

haaaaaaate

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    not killing chogall because of no shows and losing 3 good people in past 4 weeks

haaaaaaate

danx on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's just aggravating getting fucked by RNG so hard. I literally haven't even seen a sidegrade in a month.

I feel your pain; haven't seen a Malevolence drop since February. Still using the spear out of Tol'vir.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Hate - 2% wipe on Atramedes.

Hate more - We didn't get that close again :| Think some of our herp and derps are figuring out not to stand in stuff and not to F%^KING train a firebeam through the whole raid anymore finally, so things are looking up for next week.

Gnutson on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Pugged two heroics as tank last night, I figured its a good idea to build up a DPS set.

Happy: Both were surprisingly fine. First was HVP and I replaced a tank 3 pulls from the last boss (also managed to get the Static Clean achievement). Second was HDM with no wipes (and fast enough to get the Vigorous Vancleef Vindicator Achievement).

Hope: A guild on my server is putting together a Ulduar 25 achievement run and I was invited, last week they got people their ironbounds, so here's hoping I can get mine.

Nobody on
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Lost our Boomkin last week. So I'm missing a [Raid] Healer and DPS now. An important DPS too, since he tanked a couple fights, namely Nefarian so my Offtank could take care of the adds.

Happy: went 11/12 in 4 hours this week with 2 Trade Chat players. Ain't nothin gonna break our stride, ain't nothin gonna sloow us down, oh no! we got to keep on movin!

Hate: People getting blown up by storm cloud on Al'Akir.

Happy: Found a DPS Death Knight that can take the Boomkins place quite well. And if he doesn't work out, I can most likely recruit the Trade Chat PUG I used this last week.

Happy: The Holy Priest we used for Chim, Nef, and Conclave + Al'Akir is signed up to go again with us on Wednesday.

Hope: I can turn a mediocre player into a great player.

Hope: We can start killing Heroic Modes this week or the next. Healer I picked up last night for Nef did fine, but his heals were only ~8k. Kinda iffy on starting Heroic Modes with him right away, might want to take a week to teach him how to do 10-12k.

Humbled: I bet the boomkin that left our raid certainly is. I hold no grudge against him, he just wanted a larger guild to be apart of. This week we down every boss we care about killing + Conclave of Maelstrom Shards. Him? I think he went 2/12 this week, with many, many wipes on the first couple bosses. Poor little fella

Buddies on
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hrrrrgh! : I've been playing this game since shortly after launch and never done a raid in the content patch for which it was relevant. I finally managed to get everyone I know in meatspace together on the same server and it turns out that many of them simply aren't interested in raiding and the rest have schedules too conflicting to make it happen.

I'm looking for a guild. I don't care if I have to start over entirely on another server, I just want to do some of these raids before they're completely pointless. I'd prefer it to be a laid back guild rather than the rush-rush-kill-them-faster-pull-more type. Are there any PA guilds looking for more people to raid? I've tanked, healed and dps'd, have an aversion to standing in fire and am able to follow instructions.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: FUCKING UMLAUTS.

Salvation122 on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A hate is I get asked on my warlock if I have the fear glyph because it's great for CC and requred for heroics
    I answer with I am not bothering to do heroics. Later on they ask why I am using the fel hound instead of the succubus because with the glyph they do better dps my answer was I am using it for the Int buff for everyone

It really did not help the group the tank and I argued the entire time in the instance we lost healers and one of the dps a couple of times in there

Brainleech on
    edited March 2011
    Were you in a group when asked if you had the fear glyph? because it's one of the best CCs in the game with the glyph...

belligerent on
    edited March 2011
    Were you in a group when asked if you had the fear glyph? because it's one of the best CCs in the game with the glyph...

That is what they said my answer was this is a normal run and I am not going to bother with doing heroics in semi green crappy gear

Brainleech on
    edited March 2011
    If I am going to fear something a lesson I learned long before glyphs is make sure it cannot run into anything else

Brainleech on
    edited March 2011
    So.... you're running a dungeon and you hate it when people ask if you have modified your fear ability into a really good CC because it's good practice for heroics?

Granted, you shouldn't need CC in normals because lawlz they're normals, but it's not like they're wrong, either. CC was required in heroics until everyone started outgearing them, and having a warlock be able to banish, fear, and--if needed--seduce was amazing.

It's not like the other major glyphs are wtfpwn amazing, either.

and just so we both understand each other, you realize the fear makes them quake in place, they no longer run away.

belligerent on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    and just so we both understand each other, you realize the fear makes them quake in place, they no longer run away.

Yeah, this.

Elvenshae on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tarnok wrote: »
    Hrrrrgh! : I've been playing this game since shortly after launch and never done a raid in the content patch for which it was relevant. I finally managed to get everyone I know in meatspace together on the same server and it turns out that many of them simply aren't interested in raiding and the rest have schedules too conflicting to make it happen.

I'm looking for a guild. I don't care if I have to start over entirely on another server, I just want to do some of these raids before they're completely pointless. I'd prefer it to be a laid back guild rather than the rush-rush-kill-them-faster-pull-more type. Are there any PA guilds looking for more people to raid? I've tanked, healed and dps'd, have an aversion to standing in fire and am able to follow instructions.

State side or eu? We are not strictly a PA guild but we are a raiding guild looking for people (dps mainly) on Shadowsong EU. We raid 10 man, are 9/12 and are 2 spots short of a steady crew right now. Once last two pieces fall into place we should be in pretty good shape.

I don't know if any of these are currently raiding but there's also Obsidian Spur who have a thread somewhere on the forum. State side I think there's beasts and another spur. They both have threads on the forum.

Shiny (my guild) - http://www.theshiny.net/
    OS eu - http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=117360

Can't get the other links right now the forum keeps timing out.

danx on
    edited March 2011
    Hrmph: Thinking about giving up WoW. I don't raid becuase I don't have the time, and I don't PvP because just don't care for it anymore, and leveling alts is now becomming more of a chore to me.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: raid night. New recruit who seems promising. One bad recruit nearly going to be kicked. Should be a good week. Hopefully we get another progression boss down...

Side note: I've never understood the whole "I don't have time to raid" thing.

I barely play wow and all I do is raid. I don't have time for alts, 70vp dungeon runs, farming VP, PVP, and making piles of gold. But I can raid my 6-ish hours per week just fine.

I kinda want 4.1 to continue to stay away... I definitely don't have time for those dungeons at the moment :)

Tylanthus on
    edited March 2011
    Tylanthus wrote: »
    Happy: raid night. New recruit who seems promising. One bad recruit nearly going to be kicked. Should be a good week. Hopefully we get another progression boss down...

Side note: I've never understood the whole "I don't have time to raid" thing.

I barely play wow and all I do is raid. I don't have time for alts, 70vp dungeon runs, farming VP, PVP, and making piles of gold. But I can raid my 6-ish hours per week just fine.

I kinda want 4.1 to continue to stay away... I definitely don't have time for those dungeons at the moment :)

I don't understand how people don't understand things. Is there a problem with the understanding when there is something to be understood? :rotate:

edit: I suppose I could go and find a guild that can conform to my whacky schedule, but then I'd be leaving the guild I've been with the past 5 years. I'm even an officer now. But right now, my school schedule is Mon, Wed, Friday from 10 - 2, and then usually work from 4-10, 4 days a week. Since it's shift work, my work schedule is subject to change.

Beyond Normal on
  • TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: T11.5 healing chest.
    Sad: Still looking for a Destro Lock or Shadow priest our late night PST raid :(

Tylanthus on
This discussion has been closed.