As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro is being the bane of my workday

JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid?Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
I'm at work and I've been trying to get Acrobat Pro 9 off a machine for like, 3 hours now. It will not go away. I've installed and uninstalled it like, 4 times. I need to get it off this machine completely. Our license is expired and if they audit us, we'll be in deep shit.

It's leaving behind some registry keys, some common files, and acrotray.exe and it's associated files. I can't get these god damn files to go away.

The worst part is, for this user, I have to install 8 (which we still own a license for) because they need it for a project. It won't let me install 8 after I "uninstall" 9 because it thinks 9 is still there.

Does anyone have any help? I am totally at my wits end with this shit.

JustinSane07 on

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay I can't deleted this for some reason but as it turns out, a program called MathCAD was putting it's grubby little fingers all over Acrobat and fucking up the uninstall.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Don't delete it. It's useful info. Just change the title to something helpful like "Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro won't uninstall" then someone may find it some day and be all like JustinSane07 is rad for helping me with this.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Interesting; I work at a college and we have MathCAD here as well. What version was it? This interaction might explain some strange issues I've noticed with Adobe that one of our math professors has.

For future reference - I've had good luck using Revo Uninstaller to get rid of troublesome programs in the past.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    +1 for Revo Uninstaller. I don't even install the free version of Adobe Reader anymore. Foxit all the way for me.

Dark Shroud on