As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rise of Legends

warder808warder808 Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Games and Technology
Hey. I've been looking for this game any time I was in a best buy or gamestop. It always seemed cool but I never found it until yesterday.

So anyone play this? Is their online system still up? I dont know if it is up or if it I need to open ports. Is the single player story decent?

steam_sig.png
warder808 on

• Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's absolutely incredible. I don't know about the online, haven't played it in a while, but it's a great RTS. The story kinda blows, but the units... the freaking units... They are incredible.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is one of my favorite RTSs. I usually just played LAN or compstomp, but even there, it is so good. It's just got a certain charm.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    I heard this was a huge letdown after the unadulterated GLORY that was Rise of Nations.

Where is my Rise of Nations CD? I have...the urge.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I picked this game up a year ago and had a blast with it at some lan parties. Though many people compare it to RoN, I personally think it's a whole other beast. I love the three races in this game. Also, this game really tries to streamline gameplay in unique ways. Because of this, I think the learning curve is a little higher than most RTS games, but not too high. I actually wish BHG would make a sequel to this before they make one for RoN.

cpugeek13 on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    They got eaten by 38 Studios, so that will be a long ways off.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I only played the first 2 levels so far. But it is good. Will be going through it some more later. Had to go to some random forum to get the patches though.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have this game somewhere....got it years ago not sure where it is now. But yeah Rise of Legends was fantastic, the units were awesome, all steam-punky and such.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Steampunk Italy vs Arabian Sorcerers vs an entity legally distinct from anything you may have seen in Stargate yes our staves fire laser bursts i don't see how that is relevant

I'll take this unit composition over RoN any day of the week.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    ShutdownShutdown Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I loved it, but it's been about 4 years since I last played it - I haven't seen it with all the bells-and-whistles going.

The econ / borders aspects of the game were brilliant.

Shutdown on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Love this game so much.

Have a poster and everything.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I never played Rise of Legends but Rise of Nations was fantastic

tofu on