X

Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
edited July 2018 in Artist's Corner
X

Chop Logic on

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    While I'm no where near qualified to judge your work, I would definitely buy a print of the yellow skull. All of these are fantastic.

Enc on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Chop Logic wrote: »
    Hey, whats up guys. I've been popping in and posting stuff randomly for a few years now, doubt anyone remembers me though.

You say this like every time you post, our memory isnt that bad, dude.

In some ways, this sort of stuff is pretty hard to crit. Its rough and experimental, its got a lot of energy and texture. Generally, I can see some structural drawing stuff in your faces and eyes that is hard to nit pick because its rough, but I would generally be sure you are continuing to study those things.

I like the last 4 works the most. the comic collage especially. With the skulls, I would look to find more interesting angels of them, or anything to make them different. They are pretty much constantly used and aren't easy to find an original take on. Head on view with pattens isnt quite enough to separate you from the norm. Look deeper into the iconography, make more surprising combinations.

Iruka on
  • Chop LogicChop Logic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks, yeah that is all good stuff to consider.

Doing the monotypes is unique for me because its the first time I'm really doing sketches on site and then working with them again later in the studio.

Is MICA a big school? I'm studying at SACI in Florence now and there are a ton of MICA kids here, we may know some of the same people.

Chop Logic on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    MICA is very small, but my location is deceptive, I've graduated. I didn't know many underclassmen, with the exception of the JRs in animation, and they wouldn't be abroad this year. I might recognize some of the kids if I saw them though, mica was barely two thousand kids while I was there.

Iruka on