As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Just another Friday nite at the [chat]house

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Before any potential candidates spoke, I addressed the audience. “If we get the culture right,” I stated, “the economy will be right eventually.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51915.html#ixzz1HdmZeib8

I want to punch this man until the stuffing comes out

Less felonious idea: Let's take a field trip on the LIRR and take a shit in front of his office.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What the fuck. I fell asleep at my desk.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    my cat wants a potato chip

she's just gonna sniff it and walk away

At least with a dog, you can say: "HEY! You get back here and eat that! You wanted it, now you eat it." And then you stare as the dog unhappily eats the chip.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Before any potential candidates spoke, I addressed the audience. “If we get the culture right,” I stated, “the economy will be right eventually.”

Less felonious idea: Let's take a field trip on the LIRR and take a shit in front of his office.

That might still be a felony

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    My cat loooooves clam chowder. Loves it. Anytime I pull out a can of Campbell's Chunky Clam Chowder dinnertime becomes an exercise in keeping her from hopping up onto the table to jam her face in the bowl.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

nah she loves chips

she just looks at me like

um

you're not going to eat that whole bag are you

until I break her off a little for her to eat

that is my day

Elendil on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Aw, the PA workplace thread got locked. I was gonna try to take it in a more constructive direction.

Everytime a thread on that pops up I have a strong urge to link one of the threads where it's already been explained to death. Of crouse no forum search so that wouldn't work out so well :P

Workplace culture is something I'm very interested in, and I think that there's a valid conversation to be had about whether it is important (and how important) that coworkers & employers have compatible personalities. (Outside of simple bland professionalism.)

I am also very interested in office culture. It's wierd how some minor things affect your attitude and productivity.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

My cat likes to lick whatever the coating is off of the chip. Salt off plain chips, dorito ... uh, powder off of Doritos, etc. He's kinda goofy like that. If given the chance he'll eat the inside-ness, but ONLY the interior, of glazed donuts as well.

I sound like I culinary abuse my cat, don't I? "Oh yeah, I feed my cat potato chips and donuts. 'Cause that's what cat's eat in the wild, dontchano."

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011

nah she loves chips

she just looks at me like

um

you're not going to eat that whole bag are you

until I break her off a little for her to eat

that is my day

awww

so hey, have you tried the assbro DLC? I bought it recently but haven't fired it up yet.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

That might still be a felony

Pssssh, maybe a Class E. If we get caught we can talk that down to public intoxication (we will need to be intoxicated)

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know what my dog loves? Baby carrots. He likes the snapping noise they make while he eats them. Then he chews a lot. It's really weird. I can't imagine he loves the flavor too but maybe.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Communists said the EXACT same thing about economies and culture.

And here we have Modern Man saying things like "the ends justify the means" and supporting Pravda like Machiavellian tactics to influence politics.

I think we have a modern day equivalent to Bolshevism.

Sheep on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Elendil, what do you think of that Trenched game

did I send you the link to the gameplay trailer

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Buddy has stolen bacon out of sandwiches. Eevee tried to steal some of my dinner the other day by dragging it off the plate and onto my lap. I always suspected she wasn't too bright.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    Communists said the EXACT same thing about economies and culture.

And here we have Modern Man saying things like "the ends justify the means" and supporting Pravda like Machiavellian tactics to influence politics.

I think we have a modern day equivalent to Bolshevism.

we absolutely do. those guys are basically fueled on 100% ideology and zero percent facts.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »

You Germans and your lax work ethics

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    assbro is such an unfortunate abbreviation.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    so hey, have you tried the assbro DLC? I bought it recently but haven't fired it up yet.

not yet

I was thinking of grabbing it this weekend

I might be down for multiplayer, but I probably won't do the single player until I get dragon age out of my system

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You know what my dog loves? Baby carrots. He likes the snapping noise they make while he eats them. Then he chews a lot. It's really weird. I can't imagine he loves the flavor too but maybe.

Yeah, mine did that, too. Maybe the sound reminds them of bones?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    assbro is such an unfortunate abbreviation.

it's what all the kids are calling it

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Some of my best friends are ass bros

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yeah, mine did that, too. Maybe the sound reminds them of human skulls?

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

have you hit your head recently nerd

yes

you PMed me

I responded

you replied

it was a conversation

Elendil on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

have you hit your head recently nerd

yes

you PMed me

I responded

you replied

it was a conversation
    I know I PMed you the first trailer, but I wasn't sure if I sent you the gameplay one

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Senjutsu wrote: »

You Germans and your lax work ethics

Much worse. At home!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    this gestalt is so...unexpected

Is that a quote?

The PA workplace thread guy had a line in there about homogenous cultures missing out on the "unexpected gestalt".

I was amused by the wording.

Sometimes a little thesaurus is a dangerous thing.

Also, "unexpected gestalt" sounds like the acid just kicked in.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Codblops > assbro

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Pugsy flips out over green beans.

Its one of the few table scraps we actually still give her since she had the pancreatitis flare.

Galahad on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Apparently, one of my friends secretly recorded our conversation while we were completely shitfaced.

Am I right to be kinda annoyed by that?

Cinders on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Codblops > assbro

i liked both

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Our terrier eats and loves everything.

Carrots, lettuce, fruit, doesn't matter, she consumes it.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I prefer Carl on Duty Black Cops

but it takes more effort to say and type out

Ludious on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    Apparently, one of my friends secretly recorded our conversation while we were completely shitfaced.

Is it the kind of friend you can trust to destroy the recording or guard it as one might guard a phylactery?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    tumbles loves all food ever

Organichu on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Codblops > assbro
    Codblops sounds both vaguely sexual, and vaguely like food.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

it is going to be on cable news and you are going to be defunded by congress

Elendil on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Is it the kind of friend you can trust to destroy the recording or guard it as one might guard a phylactery?

I have a feeling he might use said recording as a cheap party gag.

Cinders on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

yes, any time you are recorded without your knowledge it is.....a breach of trust.

Ludious on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I always appreciate good usage of the word 'phylactery'

TL DR on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

it is going to be on cable news and you are going to be defunded by congress

Winner.

TL DR on
This discussion has been closed.