As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bulletstorm. Captain Swearword's Big Fuckin' Adventure

• BladeOfSanjuroBladeOfSanjuro Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The bomb room was one of the funniest moments in a single player game I've ever experienced. I literally cracked up when I kicked the panel off the duct and saw that damn thing staring me in the face again.

BladeOfSanjuro on
    steam_sig.png
  • Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There any way to get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom playing at 16:10 (1680x1050) on PC?

Hank_Scorpio on
  • lazerbeardlazerbeard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Finished it recently as well. I really liked the combat, and trying to get the particular combos made it interesting after run and gun got boring. Sidenote, I think the only combos I didn't get were the ones that required multiple people in the air at the same time. How the heck do you set that up? I tried leashing one guy and then kicking another, but it never really turned out the way I wanted.

lazerbeard on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There any way to get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom playing at 16:10 (1680x1050) on PC?

Not really, just kind of think of it like a movie, you are meant to view it in that perspective and thats how the director wanted you to view it. we all know this is bullshit and if you want to watch your dvds fullscreen noones really going to care except snobs.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lazerbeard wrote: »
    Finished it recently as well. I really liked the combat, and trying to get the particular combos made it interesting after run and gun got boring. Sidenote, I think the only combos I didn't get were the ones that required multiple people in the air at the same time. How the heck do you set that up? I tried leashing one guy and then kicking another, but it never really turned out the way I wanted.

If you use the leash's charged up move it's a blast that sends a buncha dudes into the air.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just finished this yesterday and ended up loving it start to finish. I think the great thing about the story is they weren't trying to hard. It was just simple and fun. The characters and voice acting were actually pretty well done. Not what I was expecting at all.

corin7 on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The bomb room was one of the funniest moments in a single player game I've ever experienced. I literally cracked up when I kicked the panel off the duct and saw that damn thing staring me in the face again.

That was indeed amazing. I did not see that coming at all.

Undead Scottsman on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    XBox version is Amazon's Gold Box deal for $40 for the next three hours.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just beat the game last night - totally didn't see
    a setup for a sequel coming. I really thought this would be a one-off killfest.

Great time

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Iolo wrote: »
    XBox version is Amazon's Gold Box deal for $40 for the next three hours.

It's actually both versions.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • overnightfutureovernightfuture Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    "Do i need to tell you to crouch here?"
    "would be nice shows me you care"

favorite line from the game

overnightfuture on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The other day, during a rousing game of Zombie on our college campus, my friend and I decided to start screaming quotes from this game at the poor zombie players.

The highlight was yelling "I'll kill your dick!" at this five foot tall asian girl before unloading on her with twin automatic NERF pistols.

I might be a bad person.

Mr Pink on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

That was indeed amazing. I did not see that coming at all.

I agree it was a pretty great moment, because they influence you into having the same reaction as the character. as soon as I moved the final grate I realized what was going on and shouted "Oh, god damnit!"

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    The other day, during a rousing game of Zombie on our college campus, my friend and I decided to start screaming quotes from this game at the poor zombie players.

The highlight was yelling "I'll kill your dick!" at this five foot tall asian girl before unloading on her with twin automatic NERF pistols.

I might be a bad person.

Did you yell "Here comes Butterdick Jones and his Heavenly Asshole Machine"?

Because if you didn't then I am VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    man we hit 460000 last night in Anarachy

I think we've almost banged out a system for getting 50k but it basically has to happen on wave 19 or 20

T4CT on
    edited March 2011

I might be a bad person.

Did you yell "Here comes Butterdick Jones and his Heavenly Asshole Machine"?

Because if you didn't then I am VERY DISAPPOINTED.

My friend wrote 'Heavenly Asshole Machine' down the side of his gun in sharpie.

Mr Pink on
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    For the next several seconds, Bulletstorm is on sale on Amazon for $39.95

adytum on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fuck me! All of the 360 games were spoken for... Now I need to decide if I want to get it on the PS3.....

urahonky on
    edited April 2011
    Ah, screw it. Most of my friends had it on 360. I wish I would have paid attention to the goldbox deals.

urahonky on
  • Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I might be a bad person.

She should of responded: "WHAT!? YOU'LL KILL MY DICK!? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?"

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! I missed out on Killzone 3 Helgan edition for 60 bucks...

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited April 2011
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! I missed out on Killzone 3 Helgan edition for 60 bucks...

It sold out in less than 2 minutes.

adytum on
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The xbox version went a lot faster than the PS3 version.

I got in there just in time to snag it for the 360, and there were still 50% of the PS3 orders left.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited April 2011
    oh shit! I added myself to the 360 line.... I was #68... And still got it! So with the $20 promo from Portal 2, and the lightning deal it ended up being $20! Woo!

urahonky on
    edited April 2011
    If anyone missed the Amazon deal, EA has Bulletstorm on sale today for $35.99 + Free Shipping.

X360 PS3

adytum on
  • no worriesno worries Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Myself and three buddies grabbed this from D2D last weekend for -50% -25% (like $22 bucks).

Wow, the coop is a ton of fun. We've stayed up to the wee hours just about every night this week yelling "double penetration!" to the wife's worry. Good fun for the price point, no doubt.

The SP is fine the hour or two I've played, but not nearly as intense as combo'ing it up with a few buddies.

no worries on
    edited May 2011
    Finally got around to playing this on the 360. It's fun, but holy shit does it look ugly at times. Is it just me?

urahonky on
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    Finally got around to playing this on the 360. It's fun, but holy shit does it look ugly at times. Is it just me?

I thought it looked amazing most of the time.

corin7 on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    corin7 wrote: »

I just played the demo but it looked pretty good to me. What's looking bad about it?

Magic Pink on
    edited May 2011
    corin7 wrote: »

Huh... That's odd. Normally I enjoy the UE, and thought the game looked good in the demo. But the full game wasn't very pretty to me.

Some of the cutscenes had arms textures missing, and others had things going through other things... I dunno. Maybe it was just late and I was tired. I'm going with that.

urahonky on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited May 2011

Seeing those prices just reminds me of how much Medal of Honor tanked.

Mr Pink on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    $29.97 to download at EA Store (or Amazon).

Aside from not being on Steam, not a bad deal.

Doctor Detroit on
    edited May 2011
    So if my friend were to rent this from Gamefly will he be able to play co-op with me?

urahonky on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So if my friend were to rent this from Gamefly will he be able to play co-op with me?

I don;t think so, I believe there's an online pass required.

I mean, he could buy one I guess.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited May 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I don;t think so, I believe there's an online pass required.

I mean, he could buy one I guess.

God. Damn. It.

urahonky on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am 75% sure the online pass was only for exclusive features in Bulletstorm (i.e whip colors and extra maps) and you should be fine

because my first week and a half with the game was on a rental period and I played anarchy that whole time

T4CT on
    edited May 2011
    Sweet, I hope so T4CT.

urahonky on
  • InitialDKInitialDK Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This just came in for me the day before L.A. Noire came out. I have an interesting back and forth going between the two.

Anyway, I'm sure this has been mentioned a billion times already, but I love the sniping in this game. I would play a game that was all about this brand of sniping and how they could iterate on it. Basically I want to pilot all my bullets now.

I also actually enjoy the straight up shooting and forget I have a leash some times. Plus where I am now more enemies are dodging it anyway. I am a little dissapointed with the shotgun, hoping the charge shot is cool.

InitialDK on
    "I'd happily trade your life for knowledge of my powers."
    -Louis C.K.
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    InitialDK wrote: »
    This just came in for me the day before L.A. Noire came out. I have an interesting back and forth going between the two.

(A) Truth
    (Y) Doubt
    (X) Kill dick

Green on