As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

--------

DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
edited September 2013 in Graphic Violence

DaltonCarl on

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Could be cool. I may check it out.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Holy shit that comes out on my birthday. This should make the wait for LoK a bit more tolerable.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awesome news!

I just finished watching the series today and absolutely loved it. A comic book will definitely ease my withdrawal. Considering how much I disliked the Angel comics, I'm sure my cynicism will start up in a couple weeks. But for now, I'm really excited for it.

Kiwi on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The new series looks awesome. I love the quote at the end:
    Have you heard anything about whether there will be a sequel to the “Last Airbender” live-action feature film?

DiMartino: Uh, no. It’s definitely not up to us, so.

Even they know the the Live Action Movie sucked so much balls...

samurai6966 on
  • ShortForeskinShortForeskin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The new series looks awesome. I love the quote at the end:
    Have you heard anything about whether there will be a sequel to the “Last Airbender” live-action feature film?

DiMartino: Uh, no. It’s definitely not up to us, so.

Even they know the the Live Action Movie sucked so much balls...

There is a sequel, and Shyamalan is not directing it this time. That movie was so bad, even my hungover mind was in protest of watching it this afternoon.

ShortForeskin on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Aang looks smug as hell on the cover of Lost Adventures.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

DaltonCarl on
  • MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    God that movie was so so so bad. There was not a single redeemable facet about it. Best moment ever, the night we go see it, every time they call him "ang" (with a short a), we are all just cringing. About halfway through the movie after his name is once again mispronounced, someone else who had gotten fed up yells from the back of the theater, "HIS NAME IS AANG!!!!" About half the theater just started laughing. It was awesome.

Maratastik on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Olorin wrote: »
    God that movie was so so so bad. There was not a single redeemable facet about it. Best moment ever, the night we go see it, every time they call him "ang" (with a short a), we are all just cringing. About halfway through the movie after his name is once again mispronounced, someone else who had gotten fed up yells from the back of the theater, "HIS NAME IS AANG!!!!" About half the theater just started laughing. It was awesome.

So many of the decisions in the movie were just confusing as hell. Like, I could understand the name changes on the basis of being more "authentic" but that got completely thrown out the window when they decided to engage in race bending, and even that I could have accepted if they had been able to cast anyone with an ounce of talent in team Aang.

Frankly, everyone in the movie felt way off with their portrayal of the characters. Iroh was way too hippy and not nearly enough boistrous, Sokka and kitara were bland as hell, and Aang looked like he crapped his pants and was hoping no one would notice.

Gaddez on