As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stan Lee presents: [chat]

• Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    Gooey sent me a Republican mug. I treasure it because it is awesome.

haha yes

i remember that

i thought "she will surely get this joke"

(i ordered two and kept one for myself. it is now "my" mug.)

It is a conversation piece. When we get new people in our lives they eventually have to see it and hear the story. It usually involves the cowboy hat as well.

Cowboy hats are still sort of weird to me. At the Houston airport all the security people had them and they all nodded their heads and called me "ma'am". I was both excited and terrified!

radroadkill on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    the only time I ever discussed sex with my mom was in high school when every year or so she'd stop the car, sigh, look over at me and tell me that I could tell her if I was gay, she wouldn't mind

haha

one of my brothers is kind of shy and was rather unsuccessful with women

my other brother and i had like a five-year campaign to convince my mom that he was gay

ahahaha what the fuck

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    i still have an aunt who thinks i'm gay
    Is she okay with it at least? I came out as bisexual to my mum a couple of years ago and her reaction was "No you're not. There's no such thing."

Which is bullshit.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    elendil you have not answered my question
    I guess if you wanted to be glib it's a bit like The Eraser and In Rainbows fucked had a totally chill baby

but that doesn't really say much

it's great though!

Elendil on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, your aunt thinks I'm gay just from hearing my voice.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will abide by whatever reasonable social expectations there are in the people around me, but I would never deliberately seek out a friendship with a person who couldn't handle frank discussions of sex and pooping. And if they wanted to talk about pooping during sex, I would really want to know what's the deal with that because I think it's just gross.

Poo is gross. It is way TMI. Gross bodily functions aren't a thing that needs to be discussed. Yeah, everybody poops, I don't need a reminder.

I disagree. When no one talks about pooping, no one knows what's normal and what isn't. People end up in pain and dealing with serious medical issues on their own just because they have no idea something's wrong. At least with sex, you've got partners and the aggregate of conversations each has had with all their other partners to spread knowledge (among other things).

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My first highschool girlfriend was a relief for my parents, I think. They are very open, but I think they thought I was gay.

It was just that my older brothers always did long strings of relationships throughout highschool and college and I never really dated.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Seriously, me and Will just need to meet up for drinks to talk about politeness (and other social stuff that japan doesn't understand).

It would be awesome.

we would be so refined

we would delicately bump fists

The best fistbump ever.

We can talk about etiquette and beers and cocktails and tea.

This makes me want to be civilized and educated.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *snip*

My dad was like that. He offered me beer pretty frequently when I was underage; I'd turn him down because I don't like beer, not because I didn't drink. But my mom was a very overprotective mother hen type. My older sister allowed herself to stay sheltered, and suffered for it (she's 25, living at home, with a minimum wage job, and fucked up college because she expected other people to do everything for her). If my mom knew I didn't buy into that so much, she'd be heart broken, and I'd feel way too awful about it.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    i don't really see that as the same thing. holding hands or basic affectionate gestures are appropriate to polite society, and i would include gay dudes holding hands in public as being under that umbrella.

talking explicitly about sexual acts or encounters in mixed company is inappropriate and disrespectful whether you're straight or gay or a swinger or whatever else.

Will, the problem is in the phrase "social niceties," which is ambiguous and doesn't have a universal definition. I mean, what is a social nicety to you is not necessarily a social nicety to someone else, and you might be personally accepting of some public behaviors that others might not - I guarantee you there are some people that find even holding hands in public to be beyond the pale.

I mean, you can only really judge by your own compass, but those compasses are not necessarily synchronized among all of society.

edit: In other words, you can't please everyone. Shouldn't really try to. Though I would agree there are some universal limits. You shouldn't bend your girlfriend over your Applebee's booth and start fucking her in front of everyone else, for instance. I think we can all agree on that. (Unless she's really hot.)

it's true that people are going to have different standards and probably always have. i get the sense that the very concept of "politeness" is kind of under fire or being dismissed by groups who i kind of see as radical individualists, sometimes on this board. it strikes me that some of the these people are putting forward the position that free expression should be unfettered by social convention in as broad an arena as possible.

probably one of the reasons that i kind of cling to and advocate for somewhat stricter and more universal social standards is that i see that kind of nihilism as socially destructive and ultimately destroys the ability to successfully communicate. social standards exist so that we can successfully live among other people.

I started to type up a big post here because I think there's a lot to say about social norms but I don't think I really want to go into it all here. I think, by and large, social norms are either arbitrary or semi-arbitrary. For instance, "don't wear hats indoors" is totally arbitrary, at least in modern application. "No elbows on the dinner table" is semi-arbitrary because one could make a case that technically elbows could damage a dinner table, but it's pretty unlikely to happen unless your forget to take your bladed gauntlets off before sitting down to eat (hell, maybe that's where the rule came from).

When you start talking about sex, well, think about a world where everyone spoke about sex publicly. Would that world be fundamentally worse than this one? It would be different, and I don't claim to be able to predict either the ramifications of that society, or what that aspect of society might communicate about a society that acts that way. But I can't dismiss it as being fundamentally worse. So, in a way, an aversion to public displays of affection, or sex as a common topic, or bowel movements, is somewhat arbitrary. You can't really be faulted, though, for harboring these aversions because they developed as a part of your upbringing and adult life within these arbitrary social norms. So even though they are primarily arbitrary, they are also inherently personal.

So my opinion toward politeness and social norms is that we should try to respect each other as much as possible, especially in public, but we should also not put too many limiters on each other if we can help it. A balance between freedom and politeness - not too far in either direction. And where that line is, is totally fluid and contextual. As someone else said, two people talking about sex in private is totally different from a bunch of bros sitting around the bar in Chilis shouting out sex and poop stories.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My mom thought I was gay, even for a few solid months after I started dating Choco.

Well, I guess she was a little bit right.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    I could probably name 100 bands I really like. Maybe 200 if I was pushed. I couldn't do it for movies though.
    1. Alcest
    2. Amesoeurs
    3. Agalloch
    4. Absu
    5. Abigor
    6. At The Gates
    7. Alexisonfire
    8. Altar Of Plagues
    9. Anathema
    10. Angelcorpse
    11. AFI
    12. Amon Amarth
    13. Accept
    14. Anaal Nathrakh
    15. Arch Enemy
    16. Bacchus
    17. Bathory
    18. Bob Dylan
    19. Bad Religion
    20. Burzum
    21. Blackfield
    22. Behemoth
    23. Black Sabbath
    24. Buckcherry
    25. Crystal Castles
    26. Converge
    27. Cannibal Corpse
    28. Cut Copy
    29. Circle Takes The Square
    30. Carcass
    31. Dream Theater
    32. Decayor
    33. Darkthrone
    34. Despised Icon
    35. Dio
    36. Death
    37. Ensiferum
    38. Explosions In The Sky
    39. Entombed
    40. Enslaved
    41. Elliott Smith
    42. For Ruin
    43. Gorgoroth
    44. Gojira
    45. God Is An Astronaut
    46. Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    47. Have Heart
    48. Haunted
    49. Iron Maiden
    50. Judas Priest
    51. Joy Needs Eternity
    52. Kataonia
    53. Lifelover
    54. Lantlos
    55. Metallica
    56. Megadeth
    57. Mastodon
    58. Machine Head
    59. Mayhem
    60. My Dying Bride
    61. Motorhead
    62. Marduk
    63. Nadja
    64. Nirvana
    65. Neurosis
    66. Napalm Death
    67. Opeth
    68. Overoth
    69. Orchid
    70. The Ocean
    71. Protest The Hero
    72. Porcupine Tree
    73. Queensryche
    74. Queen
    75. Queens of the Stone Age
    76. Rancid
    77. RHCP
    78. Raconteurs
    79. Regina Spektor
    80. Rainbow
    81. Say Anything
    82. Sitkh
    83. Saetia
    84. Stormwarrior
    85. Trivium
    86. Tenacious D
    87. Ulver
    88. Virus
    89. The Vines
    90. Within Temptation
    91. Warpath
    92. Woundism
    93. Wormrot
    94. Xasthur
    95. Yngwie Maalmsteen (Sp?)
    96. Yppah
    97. Zutons

off the top of my head without looking at WMP. I'm probably forgetting some really obvious things
    1. can
    2. neil young
    3. ghost
    4. melvins
    5. high on fire
    6. sleep
    7. king crimson
    8. soft machine
    9. matching mole
    10. amon duul ii
    11. pink floyd
    12. kraftwerk
    13. fast
    14. tangerine dream
    15. boris
    16. dead meadow
    17. bardo pond
    18. alice in chains
    19. jesus lizard
    20. axis of advance
    21. morphine
    22. stars of the lid
    23. sunn
    24. earth
    25. thrones
    26. jazfinger
    27. dead raven choir
    28. dead c
    29. moon duo
    30. wooden shjips
    31. pocahaunted
    32. creedance clearwater revival
    33. eyehategod
    34. electric wizard
    35. sons of otis
    36. white heaven
    37. the stars
    38. big star
    39. grateful dead
    40. black keys
    41. caravan
    42. fela kuti
    43. hawk and a hacksaw
    44. popol vuh
    45. t rex
    46. velvet underground
    47. white stripes
    48. woolen men
    49. zz top
    50. led zepplin
    51. black sabbath
    52. corrupted
    53. the cure
    54. muslimgauze
    55. new order
    56. boards of canada
    57. Fela Kuti
    58. James Brown
    59. Tribe Called Quest
    60. Miles Davis
    61. Mingus
    62. Monk
    63. Sun Ra
    64. Don Cherry
    65. Albert Ayer
    66. John Zorn
    67. Naked City
    68. Funkadelic
    69. acid mothers temple
    70. Ueh
    71. wolf eyes
    72. Merzbow
    73. Jesse Sykes and the Sweet Hereafter
    74. Dead Texan
    75. disembowelment
    76. pearl jam
    77. spacemen 3
    78. al green
    79. nina simone
    80. them crooked vultures
    81. queens of the stoneage
    82. Kyuss
    83. Mondo Generator
    84. atomic bitchwax
    85. Core
    86. Hendrix
    87. Canned Heat
    88. frank zappa
    89. captain beefheart
    90. david bowie
    91. portishead
    92. om
    93. powderfinger
    94. sound garden
    95. circulatory system
    96. olivia tremor control
    97. hawk and a hacksaw
    98. jah division
    99. unknown henson
    100. 13th floor elevators

Thats all I got.

EDIT

Oh, hey. Right at 100.

Sheep on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    the only time I ever discussed sex with my mom was in high school when every year or so she'd stop the car, sigh, look over at me and tell me that I could tell her if I was gay, she wouldn't mind

haha

one of my brothers is kind of shy and was rather unsuccessful with women

my other brother and i had like a five-year campaign to convince my mom that he was gay

:lol:

did you succeed?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Y'see, my mum often told me growing up that she'd be okay with me being gay. But when I realized I was bi it just didn't fit into her binary worldview.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have to beat DA2 sometime next week or Im going to miss everyone talking about it like every other game.

I know the feeling. I just started it yesterday. I'm going to have to just stay up all night and get as far as I can.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Man the Arishok is cool.

do you know who the voice actor was? i recognized the voice but couldn't place him.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Side note: I bought the Better Pain Chart... chart, and a Sharkbear 7000% Deadly t-shirt VH.

:D

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Man the Arishok is cool.

do you know who the voice actor was? i recognized the voice but couldn't place him.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1484330/

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My mom thought I was gay, even for a few solid months after I started dating Choco.

Now she's graduated to thinking you have threesomes with Choco and Pony.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Now she's graduated to thinking you have threesomes with Choco and Pony.

Oh my God if she keeps it up I'm becoming a nun and moving to Siberia.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    My mom is a frequent dope smoker, and I welcomed it, because it kept her mental illness manageable. Like, my dad would actually lend her money to go out and get some just because it made her that much more tolerable.

My dad and my stepmom both indulge sometimes, and they've always been really open with me about it. I know that probably sounds like hippie insanity but I think it worked out great, because I know what pot is like, I don't freak out about it, but it also isn't a big mystery to me so I've been able to choose for myself to refrain for the most part.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

Side note: I bought the Better Pain Chart... chart, and a Sharkbear 7000% Deadly t-shirt VH.

Hi5!

I think my new favorite Hyperbole and a Half post is the fish story.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't get why your parents all thought you were gay.

My parents never thought I was gay.

Winky on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Y'see, my mum often told me growing up that she'd be okay with me being gay. But when I realized I was bi it just didn't fit into her binary worldview.

My mother regularly claimed that bisexuals don't exist.

Then my sister came out as gay and now all the sudden they do exist but just for women.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Being bi, does that make her half right, or just 25% right? I'm trying to figure out the math here but I'm still quite hungover.

Drez on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man the Arishok is cool.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1484330/
    henchman #1 from Arkham Asylum

of course!

Elendil on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    i don't really see that as the same thing. holding hands or basic affectionate gestures are appropriate to polite society, and i would include gay dudes holding hands in public as being under that umbrella.

talking explicitly about sexual acts or encounters in mixed company is inappropriate and disrespectful whether you're straight or gay or a swinger or whatever else.

Will, the problem is in the phrase "social niceties," which is ambiguous and doesn't have a universal definition. I mean, what is a social nicety to you is not necessarily a social nicety to someone else, and you might be personally accepting of some public behaviors that others might not - I guarantee you there are some people that find even holding hands in public to be beyond the pale.

I mean, you can only really judge by your own compass, but those compasses are not necessarily synchronized among all of society.

edit: In other words, you can't please everyone. Shouldn't really try to. Though I would agree there are some universal limits. You shouldn't bend your girlfriend over your Applebee's booth and start fucking her in front of everyone else, for instance. I think we can all agree on that. (Unless she's really hot.)

it's true that people are going to have different standards and probably always have. i get the sense that the very concept of "politeness" is kind of under fire or being dismissed by groups who i kind of see as radical individualists, sometimes on this board. it strikes me that some of the these people are putting forward the position that free expression should be unfettered by social convention in as broad an arena as possible.

probably one of the reasons that i kind of cling to and advocate for somewhat stricter and more universal social standards is that i see that kind of nihilism as socially destructive and ultimately destroys the ability to successfully communicate. social standards exist so that we can successfully live among other people.

I started to type up a big post here because I think there's a lot to say about social norms but I don't think I really want to go into it all here. I think, by and large, social norms are either arbitrary or semi-arbitrary. For instance, "don't wear hats indoors" is totally arbitrary, at least in modern application. "No elbows on the dinner table" is semi-arbitrary because one could make a case that technically elbows could damage a dinner table, but it's pretty unlikely to happen unless your forget to take your bladed gauntlets off before sitting down to eat (hell, maybe that's where the rule came from).

When you start talking about sex, well, think about a world where everyone spoke about sex publicly. Would that world be fundamentally worse than this one? It would be different, and I don't claim to be able to predict either the ramifications of that society, or what that aspect of society might communicate about a society that acts that way. But I can't dismiss it as being fundamentally worse. So, in a way, an aversion to public displays of affection, or sex as a common topic, or bowel movements, is somewhat arbitrary. You can't really be faulted, though, for harboring these aversions because they developed as a part of your upbringing and adult life within these arbitrary social norms. So even though they are primarily arbitrary, they are also inherently personal.

So my opinion toward politeness and social norms is that we should try to respect each other as much as possible, especially in public, but we should also not put too many limiters on each other if we can help it. A balance between freedom and politeness - not too far in either direction. And where that line is, is totally fluid and contextual. As someone else said, two people talking about sex in private is totally different from a bunch of bros sitting around the bar in Chilis shouting out sex and poop stories.

well, i agree that most social rules are fundamentally arbitrary and that other sets of equally arbitrary rules could be generally substituted with no ill effects.

but i also think that arbitrary rules are necessary to a cleanly-functioning society. by way of analogy, i'd cite traffic rules. there's no reason why people couldn't drive on the left side of the road, and in societies where they do it works just fine. but unless everyone is following the same set of arbitrary rules, it's difficult to really get anywhere.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    cass, don't you know what they say about nuns?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    By the way, The Arrival for Mass Effect 2 arrivals on Tuesday.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Being bi, does that make her half right, or just 25% right? I'm trying to figure out the math here but I'm still quite hungover.

Well, I'm not a clean 50/50 bi, so I'd have to pull out some charts and shit.

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will abide by whatever reasonable social expectations there are in the people around me, but I would never deliberately seek out a friendship with a person who couldn't handle frank discussions of sex and pooping. And if they wanted to talk about pooping during sex, I would really want to know what's the deal with that because I think it's just gross.

Poo is gross. It is way TMI. Gross bodily functions aren't a thing that needs to be discussed. Yeah, everybody poops, I don't need a reminder.

I disagree. When no one talks about pooping, no one knows what's normal and what isn't. People end up in pain and dealing with serious medical issues on their own just because they have no idea something's wrong. At least with sex, you've got partners and the aggregate of conversations each has had with all their other partners to spread knowledge (among other things).

Nope. Internet, doctors. I've never had a poop that made me feel the need to talk to a friend about it. Like, fissures, hemorrhoids, that kind of stuff -- that's fine. But when you start telling me about this stinky poop you had after not pooping for two days and it totally coiled in the toilet bowl and it was green and the diameter of your wrist, that's when I start to rethink why I talk to you.

That's not educational poop talk, that's people enamored by their own poops and wanting to share.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Seriously, me and Will just need to meet up for drinks to talk about politeness (and other social stuff that japan doesn't understand).

It would be awesome.

we would be so refined

we would delicately bump fists

The best fistbump ever.

We can talk about etiquette and beers and cocktails and tea.

This makes me want to be civilized and educated.

Cesca has been trying for years to have this effect on me but it doesn't seem to stick.

japan on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Hi5!

I still "The Party."

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    on bus: "I got soooooo drunk brah, was insane"
    with mom: "I had a nice quiet night with friends"

I tried a completely different tact. I'd tell my parents the truth about all my boozing. Then they'd think to themselves "Our sweet little boy would never do anything like that, he's clearly just making it all up. He is very sarcastic..." Actually, telling my parents I got wasted makes them far less concerned about any potential boozing than if I said "Yeah, I had a beer or two with the guys last night" because they might actually believe the latter.

well, I mean my parents know that I go out and get hella drunk but they don't want details. So long as they're not paying for my booze, I'm somewhere relatively safe, and it doesn't get in the way of anything that needs to be done, they don't care. I mean, my folks aren't going to know that last Saturday I spent two hours taking care of a drunk friend who was coming onto me, and then another hour and a half talking to a friend about his depression before going to the club. As far as they know, I just had a nice five hours in a club...

Tav on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    I don't get why your parents all thought you were gay.

My parents never thought I was gay.

because they knew m i rite

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think my parental units think I'm gay as much as they think I completely fail in interaction with other humanoids unless I do what they tell me. Like, they're convinced I can't hold a decent conversation and my mom's always super proud when she hears me talk with another humanoid in a serious manner.

Evidence that proves I actually do have an idea on how to behave is kind of brushed aside whenever either one of them tells me I should partake in such activities as "go out more" or "ask at least one of the girls at work out".

It doesn't help at all that I haven't had any friends over after I started high school, I guess.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Hi5!

I still "The Party."

Did you accidentally the whole blog

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DA2 had an ending, Daxon.
    The events in Kirkwall started a war and propelled Hawke to a position of power.

That's the story, and it ended in the game. You were there. They don't tell you what happened after that, because that's not part of the story of DA2.
    Now, Hawke's story is not yet done, but we'll probably see more of him/her in the next game.

I disagree.
    Apparently I take my place as king of kirkwall, but then I DISAPPEAR! As does the Grey Warden from DA1.

I mean, seriously. That is not satisfying at all.

Also the fact that the idol from Act 1 was only used at the very end with little to no reference to it in between just feels really well.. bad. The story could have been a lot tighter but I guess it would have been shorter then as well and people would be disappointed if they didn't get their 35+ hours of entertainment.

Daxon on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Is she okay with it at least? I came out as bisexual to my mum a couple of years ago and her reaction was "No you're not. There's no such thing."

Which is bullshit.

oh yeah, she is cool with it ('it' not being true :P)

every time i see her she goes "oh gay guys are so sweet and sensitive i can tell you have a gay soul, tell me whenever you're ready"

Organichu on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Nope. Internet, doctors. I've never had a poop that made me feel the need to talk to a friend about it. Like, fissures, hemorrhoids, that kind of stuff -- that's fine. But when you start telling me about this stinky poop you had after not pooping for two days and it totally coiled in the toilet bowl and it was green and the diameter of your wrist, that's when I start to rethink why I talk to you.

That's not educational poop talk, that's people enamored by their own poops and wanting to share.

I talked about my poop to my friends once.

Because it was covered in blood.

Winky on
This discussion has been closed.