As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stan Lee presents: [chat]

• stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    D'awwww.
    “Between me and the sheriff, we threw out enough of it or smoked enough so that there’s only three ounces, which is within my jurisdiction,” Bramblett said.

The fine will be $100 and court costs amount to $278. Bramblett said he’s in contact with Nelson’s lawyer. Next time the singer’s tour schedule brings the Honeysuckle Rose close to Sierra Blanca, Bramblett’s office will be notified and Willie will make a scheduled stop at the Hudspeth County courthouse.

“Willie Nelson is 77 years old and I’m 78,” Bramblett said. “He’s been my favorite artist all my life. We all know he smokes a little pot.”

This is the best story.

stevemarks44 on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »
    There will inevitably be people that swear the series is dead, dead, to them because there is a thirteenth Doctor.

Then they will purchase the DVD box set so that they can watch it with the appropriate degree of disdain.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we like to call internet.

I hear Doctor Who fans were the paragon of reasonableness, before dat dem internet got invented.

Leitner on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm impressed that they handwaved/handrolled three ounces out of existence.

Also who arrests Willie Nelson? America haters?

desc on
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »

Communists

stevemarks44 on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    so apparently in melbourne in the 90s a bunch of cops just started walking around and shotgunning criminals in broad daylight?

Casual Eddy on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »

Supposedly the packaging was three ounces.

Awesome, though. My first concert was Willie Nelson (not the first I chose to go to, but my mom took me).

mcdermott on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    D'awwww.
    “Between me and the sheriff, we threw out enough of it or smoked enough so that there’s only three ounces, which is within my jurisdiction,” Bramblett said.

The fine will be $100 and court costs amount to $278. Bramblett said he’s in contact with Nelson’s lawyer. Next time the singer’s tour schedule brings the Honeysuckle Rose close to Sierra Blanca, Bramblett’s office will be notified and Willie will make a scheduled stop at the Hudspeth County courthouse.

“Willie Nelson is 77 years old and I’m 78,” Bramblett said. “He’s been my favorite artist all my life. We all know he smokes a little pot.”

Good god, it takes balls to try to keep up when smoking with Willie.

Thomamelas on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oki now im tired. Nighty night.

PS: not-Americaland: summertime!

Aldo on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    D'awwww.

Good god, it takes balls to try to keep up when smoking with Willie.

He remembers when a dime used to cost a dime.

mcdermott on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    oki now im tired. Nighty night.

PS: not-Americaland: summertime!

So glad that everything will automatically change and all I need to worry about is my alarm clock and the clock on the oven.

It used to be so annoying going around changing 20-odd different things.

BobCesca on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Magicka is a really really fun game

it's like they took the Diablo thing which was done to death by the likes of TQ and Torchlight and made it fun again!

Tav on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    D'awwww.

This is the best story.
    I'm sure all the people in prison for pot offenses feel the same way...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Steve, I think we're fighting with someone who doesn't want to listen.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011

Thom you are my boi in the film thread right now.

Let us fist bump.

stevemarks44 on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    godddd I want to be blond-ish already

stupid slow acting hair lightening shampoo

Antimatter on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    *downloads Steam*

*gets access code for Steam Guard e-mailed to self*

*inputs code*

*contacts Steam support*

I swear to God I have yet to receive a code from Steam that has actually worked.

Quid on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    D'awwww.

This is the best story.
    I'm sure all the people in prison for pot offenses feel the same way...

You know, on the one hand you're right. It really stinks that there is one law for one person and another for other people.

On the other hand, you could look at this as indicative that even some of the people involved in the bullshit War on Drugs - even a septuagenarian West Texas DA - realize that it is bullshit.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited March 2011

Let us fist bump.

I'm old enough to remember how big a deal it was that the Rodger and Me poster was right next to the Batman one.

Thomamelas on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Septuagenarian, nice.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited March 2011
    Ett västkustskt skelett.

Honk on
    edited March 2011

Let us fist bump.

I'm old enough to remember how big a deal it was that the Rodger and Me poster was right next to the Batman one.

It just doesn't make sense. His argument isn't actually "I wish Hollywood would give smaller movies more of a chance." His argument is "I wish more people watched better movies." Which you can't blame hollywood for.

stevemarks44 on
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmm, not good for my wallet but good for my soul: All Astro City TBPs were obtained!

Haphazard on
  • radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Showers are excellent.

radroadkill on
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hmm, not good for my wallet but good for my soul: All Astro City TBPs were obtained!

Give them to me.

Quid on
    edited March 2011

Let us fist bump.

It just doesn't make sense. His argument isn't actually "I wish Hollywood would give smaller movies more of a chance." His argument is "I wish more people watched better movies." Which you can't blame hollywood for.

Pretty much. I mean for someone who loves films, we live in a truly amazing age. There are options for people to see "art house films" in a place that isn't an art house theater. Hell the Landmark theater chain now exists in places where you'd never think to find an art house theater. And would giving Aronofsky another $30 million have made Black Swan better?

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011

You're in for great joy.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    Black Swan was goofy as hell, in a well made way.

Honk on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    Marvel v Capcom is hard.

Do not get discouraged.

Also NEVER play ranked online matches until you've had the game for like three months and even then still don't play them.

This is really the best advice.

Although I have determined I will never get air juggling. That shit just ain't happening and if I try to pick it up anymore I'm going to have to deal with a Dualshock shaped hole in my HDTV.

Air juggling in MvC3 is actually pretty easy and only becomes difficult if you are mashing buttons.

And I'm not saying that like a douche, I'm NOT great a the game by any stretch.

If you hold up after you hit the S button you automatically follow the character into the air. From there, the window isn't huge, but same rules apply on the ground in terms of connecting. light -> medium -> hard is going to connect 9 times out of 10, or medium -> medium -> hard. Then you just hit S again to knock them back to the ground.

Unless you are talking about like, 20 hit air juggles, which yeah, fuck that. It's going to take time.

Naw I'm talking about the like the simple air combos in the missions

I've spent a few hours since picking up the game trying to get just one of the halfway complicated ones off in the missions with various characters. I simply am not getting the timing down.

Probably doesn't help that this is the first fighter I've really put any time into since SC2.

HappylilElf on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This beer was described as having a "hint of elderflower".

It's not so much a hint as tasting like chrysanthemum tea.

japan on
    edited March 2011
    Quid wrote: »

Give them to me.

I would lend them to you, but you'd have to get your submarine to, say, the Bodensee.

Haphazard on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

Casual Eddy on
    edited March 2011
    Right, well, while everything's installing I'm going to do the grown up thing for once and clean a little.

Quid on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think I might go to bed and read my book, and probably end up finishing said book. There will be moaning tomorrow about the fact I don't have anything new to read.

Night [chat].

BobCesca on
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

... said Eddy, casually strolling into the place.

Haphazard on
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

Eddy does not sign his posts.

Who are you and why have you hijacked his account.

japan on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

hello!

Organichu on
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

Two eddies in one place...they might start multiplying....er wait.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I think I might go to bed and read my book, and probably end up finishing said book. There will be moaning tomorrow about the fact I don't have anything new to read.

Night [chat].

Wait!

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011

Let us fist bump.

Pretty much. I mean for someone who loves films, we live in a truly amazing age. There are options for people to see "art house films" in a place that isn't an art house theater. Hell the Landmark theater chain now exists in places where you'd never think to find an art house theater. And would giving Aronofsky another $30 million have made Black Swan better?

Ask that question M. Night Shamamamamamlyn

stevemarks44 on
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »

Night [chat].

Wait!

Cesca asks why is she waiting.

japan on
This discussion has been closed.