As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stan Lee presents: [chat]

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Night, Bobo.

Haphazard on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    hey everyone

~eddy

... said Eddy, casually strolling into the place.

haha

~eddy

Casual Eddy on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I think I might go to bed and read my book, and probably end up finishing said book. There will be moaning tomorrow about the fact I don't have anything new to read.

Night [chat].

Wait!

More Free books But the invasion one isn't so good. Skip it. From someone who loves terrible things, it's bad.

Thomamelas on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    Marvel v Capcom is hard.

Do not get discouraged.

Also NEVER play ranked online matches until you've had the game for like three months and even then still don't play them.

This is really the best advice.

Although I have determined I will never get air juggling. That shit just ain't happening and if I try to pick it up anymore I'm going to have to deal with a Dualshock shaped hole in my HDTV.

Air juggling in MvC3 is actually pretty easy and only becomes difficult if you are mashing buttons.

And I'm not saying that like a douche, I'm NOT great a the game by any stretch.

If you hold up after you hit the S button you automatically follow the character into the air. From there, the window isn't huge, but same rules apply on the ground in terms of connecting. light -> medium -> hard is going to connect 9 times out of 10, or medium -> medium -> hard. Then you just hit S again to knock them back to the ground.

Unless you are talking about like, 20 hit air juggles, which yeah, fuck that. It's going to take time.

Naw I'm talking about the like the simple air combos in the missions

I've spent a few hours since picking up the game trying to get just one of the halfway complicated ones off in the missions with various characters. I simply am not getting the timing down.

Probably doesn't help that this is the first fighter I've really put any time into since SC2.

Yeah it's definitely going to take some time. I've had the game since Day 1 and I'm at a point now where with most of the characters I can do up to mission 6 or 7.

It is definitely going to take some time to get used to it.

I think the thing is that button mashing works SO well in the versus games that it takes a while to unlearn button mashing and learn that by being patient you are going to do much better stuff.

stevemarks44 on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

hello eddy

~tyr

tyrannus on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    IT'S A TRICK THAT'S NOT THE REAL EDDY

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I think I might go to bed and read my book, and probably end up finishing said book. There will be moaning tomorrow about the fact I don't have anything new to read.

Night [chat].

Wait!

More Free books But the invasion one isn't so good. Skip it. From someone who loves terrible things, it's bad.

She said "ooooh" and went to turn her computer back on.

japan on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    IT'S A TRICK THAT'S NOT THE REAL EDDY

Yeah what Eddy said!

~MyD

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Steve, I think we're fighting with someone who doesn't want to listen.

Thom you are my boi in the film thread right now.

Let us fist bump.

I'm old enough to remember how big a deal it was that the Rodger and Me poster was right next to the Batman one.

It just doesn't make sense. His argument isn't actually "I wish Hollywood would give smaller movies more of a chance." His argument is "I wish more people watched better movies." Which you can't blame hollywood for.

Pretty much. I mean for someone who loves films, we live in a truly amazing age. There are options for people to see "art house films" in a place that isn't an art house theater. Hell the Landmark theater chain now exists in places where you'd never think to find an art house theater. And would giving Aronofsky another $30 million have made Black Swan better?

Ask that question M. Night Shamamamamamlyn

I'd love to see him make a film where he fucks with the audience by not having a trick ending. Just a straightforward film. Ideally written by someone else.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    you know what I could go for right now?

sex with a woman

~eddy

Casual Eddy on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel like a Mary Sue.

Everywhere I went today, everyone was complimenting me on how much weight I lost and how awesome I looked in my suit (no pics yet Haps, haven't accessed the cameras in question). I hardly heard anyone compliment my brother.

Later on, I had to give an impromptu speach reading some "Sorry we couldn't make it, but good luck with the marriage thing" messages, and I screwed up my Uncle's name. There were chuckles, and to cover my screw up, I said "I had to get a laugh in there somewhere", which was received with huge roars of laughter. My brother (Other brother, the Best Man)'s speech was way funnier, the way he gave thanks to the people who sat around and looked pretty, spending hundreds of pounds on fancy clothes that they'd never wear again, hours in hairdressers and beauty parlours getting pruned and preened up to the eyeballs, crying during the ceremony...only to toast the very male ushers. And yet again, everybody rushed up to me and congratulated me on a wonderful speech, of which around 20 words were my own.

Is that a Mary Sue, [Chat]? Am I Lieutenant Mary Sue, only fifteen and a half years old and assigned to the Enterprise and in love with Captain Kirk?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone want to play LoL?

Also I think I need a shower cap because I am having way too many hot baths as a stress reliever and it is going to dry my hair out.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Marvel v Capcom is hard.

Do not get discouraged.

Also NEVER play ranked online matches until you've had the game for like three months and even then still don't play them.

Although I have determined I will never get air juggling. That shit just ain't happening and if I try to pick it up anymore I'm going to have to deal with a Dualshock shaped hole in my HDTV.

Air juggling in MvC3 is actually pretty easy and only becomes difficult if you are mashing buttons.

If you hold up after you hit the S button you automatically follow the character into the air. From there, the window isn't huge, but same rules apply on the ground in terms of connecting. light -> medium -> hard is going to connect 9 times out of 10, or medium -> medium -> hard. Then you just hit S again to knock them back to the ground.

Unless you are talking about like, 20 hit air juggles, which yeah, fuck that. It's going to take time.

I've spent a few hours since picking up the game trying to get just one of the halfway complicated ones off in the missions with various characters. I simply am not getting the timing down.

Probably doesn't help that this is the first fighter I've really put any time into since SC2.

Yeah it's definitely going to take some time. I've had the game since Day 1 and I'm at a point now where with most of the characters I can do up to mission 6 or 7.

I think the thing is that button mashing works SO well in the versus games that it takes a while to unlearn button mashing and learn that by being patient you are going to do much better stuff.

Yeah I guess I should give it another go

Although the reason I kinda put that down is because I finally snagged a midi adaptor for the squier in Rock Band and a set of drums so I've been playing Rock Band pretty much non stop for a couple weeks now. Drums are incredibly fun to play and while the Squier is as well, it's kicking my ass something fierce

HappylilElf on
    edited March 2011
    I feel like a Mary Sue.

Everywhere I went today, everyone was complimenting me on how much weight I lost and how awesome I looked in my suit (no pics yet Haps, haven't accessed the cameras in question). I hardly heard anyone compliment my brother.

Later on, I had to give an impromptu speach reading some "Sorry we couldn't make it, but good luck with the marriage thing" messages, and I screwed up my Uncle's name. There were chuckles, and to cover my screw up, I said "I had to get a laugh in there somewhere", which was received with huge roars of laughter. My brother (Other brother, the Best Man)'s speech was way funnier, the way he gave thanks to the people who sat around and looked pretty, spending hundreds of pounds on fancy clothes that they'd never wear again, hours in hairdressers and beauty parlours getting pruned and preened up to the eyeballs, crying during the ceremony...only to toast the very male ushers. And yet again, everybody rushed up to me and congratulated me on a wonderful speech, of which around 20 words were my own.

Is that a Mary Sue, [Chat]? Am I Lieutenant Mary Sue, only fifteen and a half years old and assigned to the Enterprise and in love with Captain Kirk?

Or, you just thought you weren't as good. Like with a test at school, you know?

Haphazard on
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will be down to play LoL in 20 minutes or so

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    some people are just better than their brothers

it's okay

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited March 2011
    Does anyone want to play LoL?

Also I think I need a shower cap because I am having way too many hot baths as a stress reliever and it is going to dry my hair out.

i want to play lol

Casual Eddy on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    On the other hand, you could look at this as indicative that even some of the people involved in the bullshit War on Drugs - even a septuagenarian West Texas DA - realize that it is bullshit.

septui! :P

Captain Carrot on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I took one look at one of my assignments and gave up

god I feel like I'm not cut out for my course

ugggggggggggh

Tav on
    edited March 2011
    Marvel v Capcom is hard.

Do not get discouraged.

Yeah I guess I should give it another go

Although the reason I kinda put that down is because I finally snagged a midi adaptor for the squier in Rock Band and a set of drums so I've been playing Rock Band pretty much non stop for a couple weeks now. Drums are incredibly fun to play and while the Squier is as well, it's kicking my ass something fierce

Yeah the key to Marvel, for me, is to ONLY have fun, and it's so hard.

Videogames should be fun unless I'm Justin Wong and making money playing them.

I play MvC3 online with my brother constantly and it is awesome. We do random teams sometimes and we're both getting better a little bit at a time.

I kick arcade's ass or do some missions when I'm bored and to get achievements. I'll even play some player matches because they seem pretty balanced.

But the second I log into ranked matches I want to throw the controller and that is when I literally have to force myself to turn it off and stop playing because nothing not important is worth those levels of frustration.

stevemarks44 on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

... ...said Hap, watching from the bushes.

Solomaxwell6 on
    edited March 2011
    Leigh just sent me a text thanking me for letting her take care of me while I was sick last night. Understanding all of it lets it make logical sense but man, just looking at the surface gives a really weird impression.

Thomamelas on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok. Now I am really off to bed (safe in the knowledge I have a lot of books to put on my ereader and a fair number of which I haven't read before).

BobCesca on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Glenn McGrath (Australia): Why are you so fucking fat?
    Eddo Brandes (Zimbabwe): Because every time I fuck your wife, she gives me a biscuit.

Organichu on
    edited March 2011
    I feel like a Mary Sue.

Times when you realise "fuck yeah I'm good" are what is best in life.

japan on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd probably play it more if I had more people I knew to play against but my PS3 friends list is like three people due to not know a whole lot of people I know owning PS3s.

HappylilElf on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Antimatter on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Trying to remember the name of a wallpaper site. Sounded kinda Japanese. Fuburi or something like that I think.

Quid on
    edited March 2011
    hey everyone

~eddy

... ...said Hap, watching from the bushes.

Shh, you're going to startle him!

Haphazard on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    fuguri.net Quid. Also if you want here are the big ones that cover pretty much all the image dump sites.

http://4walled.org

http://nik.bot.nu

http://fuguri.net/

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited March 2011
    Leigh just sent me a text thanking me for letting her take care of me while I was sick last night. Understanding all of it lets it make logical sense but man, just looking at the surface gives a really weird impression.

haha, yeah.

Not the same, but one time I was with this girl and I had a terrible day and some guy bumped, read BUMPED the back of her car, doing no more than 5mph. She started crying and panicking and was like "I've never been in an accident!"

I was so mean. I was like "why are you crying we are fine and so is your car" and "who cares lets just go you werent in an accident a dude barely bumped your car."

I felt really guilty about it until the next day she sent me this super nice text about how thankful she was of how calmly I handled the situation and she was so glad I was there.

stevemarks44 on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, I fixed my Xbox! I feel smart.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2011
    Trying to remember the name of a wallpaper site. Sounded kinda Japanese. Fuburi or something like that I think.

God damn it I know which one you mean and can't remember it either.

japan on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »
    I feel like a Mary Sue.

Times when you realise "fuck yeah I'm good" are what is best in life.

True, and between dropping two stone and looking good in suits, I may have to pick some up, which I usually didn't care for doing.

RMS Oceanic on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N1kqtum5rI

I laffed
    You have reached a new plateau of post-modern ennui! LEVEL UP!

ehehehehehehe

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

http://fuguri.org/

Tav on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had to watch the baby

bleh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj7O0vGoN5M

Elendil on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Beat you to it Tav. And it is .net not .org.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited March 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    I had to watch the baby

bleh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj7O0vGoN5M

You didn't see this as an opportunity to have someone listen your music who couldn't run away?

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.