As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sonic the Hedgehog] New Sonic All-Stars Racing trailer... with Afterburner stage!

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey, Archie Comics ! My trainer's gym is next door to the Archie Comics "office" in Mamaroneck, NY.

Fairchild on
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i know this is ask before, but what mad sonic 4 suck? all i heard was that it was going to be great and people trashing colors for the sole fact it a 3D sonic game. i am a fan of sonic but i forgot about sonic 4 came out, then i heard people say it kind of sucked.

Basically hills didn't matter.

Salvation122 on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hub wrote: »
    Gently caress Eggman I wank my crazy professor called Robotnik. Also they should have stopped making sonic game after Sonic sega cd.

So awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPC8W672mXc

God damnit this opening is too good.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • HubHub Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    every new sonic game gameplay should be like this video, blinking fast and open.

Hub on
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It occurred to me that this topic is lacking discussion about this:

sth225650.jpg
    SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #225
    "One Step Forward . . .": Sonic's 25th Anniversary begins HERE with a double-sized Gatefold cover! Dr. Eggman's newest creation threatens all of Mobius, forcing Sonic to team up with the evil Ixis Naugus. It's a race against time with a world-changing ending you won't believe! The prelude to "Genesis" starts here with this anniversary issue!
    SCRIPT: Ian Flynn
    ARTIST:Tracy Yardley!, Terry Austin, John Workman & Matt Herms
    Gatefold Cover by Patrick Spaziante
    Variant Cover by Tracy Yardley
    Shipping Date: 5/18/2011
    On Sale at Comic Shops: 6/1/2011
    Newsstands: Week of 6/7/2011
    Comic, 32 pgs, 40 lb. glossy stock, Full-Color
    $2.99 US

And the events which follow, appropriately titled "Genesis."
    sonic_van_2_02.jpgsonic_van_3_02.jpg

sonic_van_1_02.jpg

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've been thinking about picking up the Genesis reboot to see if it's not terrible. I was really into the sonic comics up until about the time the "Endgame" arc started. (Which is kind of weird because I didn't really like SatAM but loved AoSTH.)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Couldn't they have done this at 255 instead?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So, I don't really follow the comics, but what happened to the 20th anniversary game?

Heleor on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    agoaj wrote: »
    Couldn't they have done this at 255 instead?

It wouldn't be the 25th anniversary though if they wait till 255.

And yeah what did happen to that supposedly awesome genesis remake collection that was rumored?

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    IT BEGINS

www.Sonic-Generations.com has been registered by Sega. On April 7th, the game will formally be announced.

Yes, it is EXACTLY what I said it'd be.

TheSonicRetard on
    edited April 2011
    IT BEGINS

www.Sonic-Generations.com has been registered by Sega. On April 7th, the game will formally be announced.

Yes, it is EXACTLY what I said it'd be.

Sonic 1 GBA rerelease?
    Finally!

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i know this is ask before, but what mad sonic 4 suck? all i heard was that it was going to be great and people trashing colors for the sole fact it a 3D sonic game. i am a fan of sonic but i forgot about sonic 4 came out, then i heard people say it kind of sucked.

well, everyone wants Sonic, but no one can agree on what everyone wants Sonic to be.

Either vintage Sonic, momentum based gameplay of the S+K ilk.

Or the newer 3d gameplay that was legitimately done right in Sonic Colours.

Not some weird hybrid of the two trying to please everyone.

Honestly, at this point I'm absolutely fine if they take Sonic Colours and run with that. No game they could ever make could ever be as good as 3+Knuckles in that old style, so don't try to ape it. Go with this new hotness that after a decade has justified the move to 3d, so we can all forget that everything between Adventure 2 and Unleashed existed at all.

Sonic Colours was great. Almost annoyingly great because I had finally settled into a train of thought that puts the new Sonic groove as being shit and always shit, and they come along with this grudgingly good title that sorta throws the whole thing out of sync.

Hell, Unleashed was moving in that direction but I will always hate that no matter what because of the word 'werehog' which is just so wrong.

The_Scarab on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    New Sonic game, huh? It begins.

I don't give a fuck what anybody says, I'd pay cash money for Sonic Adventure 3.

SmokeStacks on
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whoa, Sonic Generations, sounds like it could be epic...

Well, now that this thread is back, I'd thought I'd share this! Didn't think anyone really remembered this gem, but this nearly made me shit my pants laughing,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12N5WfIgm6I

I need to make some new avatars from this thing

Niceguyeddie616 on
    edited April 2011

I don't give a fuck what anybody says, I'd pay cash money for Sonic Adventure 3.

At the bare minimum, Crush 40, who did the soundtrack for Sonic Adventure 2, is doing the music for Sonic Generations.

TheSonicRetard on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

At the bare minimum, Crush 40, who did the soundtrack for Sonic Adventure 2, is doing the music for Sonic Generations.

This is the best news

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So.. the hot tip it still that Sonic Generations is basically a Sonic Colours styled remake of the best levels/zones from the previous games, yes?

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Yes please.

Also, TSR, any idea if they're throwing a story around it or is it just going to be straight levels?

Heleor on
    edited April 2011
    plufim wrote: »
    So.. the hot tip it still that Sonic Generations is basically a Sonic Colours styled remake of the best levels/zones from the previous games, yes?

From Sonic 1 all the way until Sonic Adventure 2, yes.

TheSonicRetard on
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

HHNNNGGG!!

Come on Chemical Plant Zone.

It'd be interesting to see how they approach this, will it be exact remakes, or 2D/3D levels inspired by the originals, or a mixture of the two. Wonder if they'll consider anything from the master system games, or will it just be the core games: sonic 1, 2, 3, sonic and knuckles, sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2. 3D Blast never happened.

Ten bux says the story has some sort of time travel premise. Hopefully whatever it is, it is as light hearted as colours was.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

So it's fair to say we'll be seeing Green Hill Zone, Green Hill Zone, Green Hills Zone, Emerald Hill Zone, Palmtree Panic (Zone), Turquoise Hill Zone, Angel Island Zone, Botanic Base (Zone), Great Turquoise Zone, Green Grove Zone, Green Hill Zone, Resort Island (Zone), Neo South Island (Zone), Emerald Coast (Zone), Green Forest (Zone), Green Hill Zone, and as an unlockable, Neo Green Hill Zone?

Hell, they should chain 'em all together. Two 2 hour long acts, followed by an hour long act with 4 Eggmans, 5 Robotniks and a couple of badniks intersperse'd.

EDIT: I remembered two more; for certain, I've missed others. Don't forget Facebook integration, fellas.

naengwen on
    edited April 2011
    naengwen wrote: »

So it's fair to say we'll be seeing Green Hill Zone, Green Hill Zone, Green Hills Zone, Emerald Hill Zone, Palmtree Panic (Zone), Turquoise Hill Zone, Angel Island Zone, Botanic Base (Zone), Great Turquoise Zone, Green Hill Zone, Neo South Island (Zone), Emerald Coast (Zone), Green Forest (Zone), Green Hill Zone, and as an unlockable, Neo Green Hill Zone?

Hell, they should chain 'em all together. Two 3 hour long acts, followed by an hour long act with 4 Eggmans, 5 Robotniks and a couple of badniks intersperse'd.

And it's a card game.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    agoaj wrote: »
    naengwen wrote: »

So it's fair to say we'll be seeing Green Hill Zone, Green Hill Zone, Green Hills Zone, Emerald Hill Zone, Palmtree Panic (Zone), Turquoise Hill Zone, Angel Island Zone, Botanic Base (Zone), Great Turquoise Zone, Green Hill Zone, Neo South Island (Zone), Emerald Coast (Zone), Green Forest (Zone), Green Hill Zone, and as an unlockable, Neo Green Hill Zone?

Hell, they should chain 'em all together. Two 3 hour long acts, followed by an hour long act with 4 Eggmans, 5 Robotniks and a couple of badniks intersperse'd.
    And it's a card game.
    With a cash shop.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It seems like Sonic has come full circle. I am surprised Colors was so good. I'll have to pick it up.

Krathoon on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thankfully there is youtube

Oh my

Doesn't show gameplay. *megasadface*

Waka Laka on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What's up with nearly everything being white?

Peewi on
    edited April 2011
    Fuck me the art style in that trailer is great.

TheSonicRetard on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I love old school Sonic's look!

This is making me want to boot up Sonic Colors again.

Turkey on
    edited April 2011
    Words cannot express the joy I'm feeling right now.

Sega, take ALL my money.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Peewi wrote: »

If you've ever used a 3D programme, any model you create starts off as a colourless model with no texture. It looks like they're just showing it like it was being "built up".

Waka Laka on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whelp, I still need to buy Colors, but this looks like it'll be pretty rad. I hope they keep the light hearted nature of Colors.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As someone who prefers old-school, short-and-chubby Sonic, I'm excited by that trailer. He's almost too chubby and chibi, though. If this is indeed a "Greatest Hits" of Sonic levels done up with the new graphical style, I'd be all over it... and its soundtrack!

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    @TSR - Have they confirmed that this is made by the Colors team?

Turkey on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Waka Laka wrote: »

If you've ever used a 3D programme, any model you create starts off as a colourless model with no texture. It looks like they're just showing it like it was being "built up".

you can even see it in the first shot of the base of the hill, where they show half-done coloring and texturing.

really neat idea to show off a WIP.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes.

Rex Dart on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    bwanie wrote: »
    Waka Laka wrote: »

you can even see it in the first shot of the base of the hill, where they show half-done coloring and texturing.

really neat idea to show off a WIP.

I don't know, I imagine if they showed it in the trailer it has significance to the game. Probably a story related thing.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shouldn't Old Sonic's run be that circular blur thing he does with his feet? I also hope he's got the classic jump "Boing!" sound, since that Sonic Adventure jump "Whoosh" sound was really prominent in the beginning there.

But still, take Sonic Color's gameplay and actually good level design and extend it to classic levels, and this should be awesome.

...Wow, it's odd to say that after so many crap 3D games, but Colors did indeed show it can work if actually done well, so I don't think optimism is misplaced.

Dartboy on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    One thing that stands out for me is that classic Sonic looks so much better in that than the current style Sonic.

-SPI- on
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Three requests:

No level hub.

No cut-scenes.

Some sort of tribute to Sonic CD.

Moioink on