As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What a world

12345679»

• Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    And they're all named Waldo.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    BusterK wrote: »
    Just trying to make you feel better even though it seems like your actions have no consequence now
    You just never know

Eh, considering my mugging, this recent gay bashing, the time I got called a faggot and thrown into the trunk of a palm tree, the time a guy in a pick-up shouted "faggot" at me from a pick-up and threw a tennis ball at my head, the time two rednecks tackled me and tried to steal my wallet.

Given I didn't do shit to instigate any of it, and considering nothing I did after the fact had any effect, I'm pretty sure my actions have no consequences.

I can only deny facts so long.

I'm sorry for all of the horrendous shit that happened to you, but why haven't you left that godawful shitstain of a place? I mean, one is an incident, two is a coincidence, but five is a definite pattern of abuse that, judging by the number of incidences and your location, which judging by the reference to palm trees, is in the South, suggests a community that really, really, hates gay people and people who look like gay people.

Seriously, get out of there.

Ain't nowhere in the country to write for a living but L.A., and ain't nowhere in L.A. I can afford to live but here.

So it comes down to dreams or safety, and I'll pick dreams every time. Bruises heal quicker than what-ifs.

:^:

Seriously that line is going to stick with me for years, Pooro.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    god Pooro, this is awful and I feel sick reading this

I'm fucking appalled that people ignored you when you're getting beaten right in the middle of the street, I know that shit happens all the time but holy fuck call the goddamn police you awful fucks D:

Okami on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I got mugged in High School
    Right in front of my High School
    Near abouts where Poo lives in the San Fernando Valley
    I was waiting for my dad to pick me up and I put down my backpack because it was heavy
    I then started walking maybe ten feet back and fourth and I see this large cholo looking guy walking in my direction and my my first thought was, "Maybe I should pick up my back pack." and then I thought, "Man, here I am Mexican and I'm judging another Mexican based on how he looks. This probably has some social..." And then my thoughts were cut off because he had picked up my backpack and started walking off with it.
    So the first thing I did was say, "Hey, that's my backpack." because I was hoping he would just drop it and walk away but instead he kept walking and started getting in a car that was waiting for him.
    So I keep saying it and thinking about the expensive books and the graphing calculator in there
    And I go up to he car and I hold the door open before he can close it
    Then the car starts moving
    So my hand is on the door and I know that if I let go my stuff will be gone forever
    So I put my feet in the doorway as the car starts pulling away
    I keep on saying, "That's my backpack." as if this is all a misunderstanding and he can just give it back and that's it
    Then the guy starts punching me in the face, hard
    My glasses fly off and I hear someone in the car say "Get the gun."
    I assume for some foolish reason they're just trying to scare me but it turns out they are gang members so there may well have been a gun back there
    I don't find out though because I'm getting a bit tired of being punched in the face and I let go of the car

Good ending though
    Turns out my friends from play production were behind me and they followed the car until they got to a phone and called the police
    So I got my stuff back and kid who punched me and the guy driving got arrested
    I went to court and everything but they took a plea deal so I didn't have to testify

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Just trying to make you feel better even though it seems like your actions have no consequence now
    You just never know

Eh, considering my mugging, this recent gay bashing, the time I got called a faggot and thrown into the trunk of a palm tree, the time a guy in a pick-up shouted "faggot" at me from a pick-up and threw a tennis ball at my head, the time two rednecks tackled me and tried to steal my wallet.

Given I didn't do shit to instigate any of it, and considering nothing I did after the fact had any effect, I'm pretty sure my actions have no consequences.

I can only deny facts so long.

I'm sorry for all of the horrendous shit that happened to you, but why haven't you left that godawful shitstain of a place? I mean, one is an incident, two is a coincidence, but five is a definite pattern of abuse that, judging by the number of incidences and your location, which judging by the reference to palm trees, is in the South, suggests a community that really, really, hates gay people and people who look like gay people.

Seriously, get out of there.

Ain't nowhere in the country to write for a living but L.A., and ain't nowhere in L.A. I can afford to live but here.

So it comes down to dreams or safety, and I'll pick dreams every time. Bruises heal quicker than what-ifs.

:^:

Seriously that line is going to stick with me for years, Pooro.

Good man.

sarukun on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I got mugged in High School
    Right in front of my High School
    Near abouts where Poo lives in the San Fernando Valley
    I was waiting for my dad to pick me up and I put down my backpack because it was heavy
    I then started walking maybe ten feet back and fourth and I see this large cholo looking guy walking in my direction and my my first thought was, "Maybe I should pick up my back pack." and then I thought, "Man, here I am Mexican and I'm judging another Mexican based on how he looks. This probably has some social..." And then my thoughts were cut off because he had picked up my backpack and started walking off with it.
    So the first thing I did was say, "Hey, that's my backpack." because I was hoping he would just drop it and walk away but instead he kept walking and started getting in a car that was waiting for him.
    So I keep saying it and thinking about the expensive books and the graphing calculator in there
    And I go up to he car and I hold the door open before he can close it
    Then the car starts moving
    So my hand is on the door and I know that if I let go my stuff will be gone forever
    So I put my feet in the doorway as the car starts pulling away
    I keep on saying, "That's my backpack." as if this is all a misunderstanding and he can just give it back and that's it
    Then the guy starts punching me in the face, hard
    My glasses fly off and I hear someone in the car say "Get the gun."
    I assume for some foolish reason they're just trying to scare me but it turns out they are gang members so there may well have been a gun back there
    I don't find out though because I'm getting a bit tired of being punched in the face and I let go of the car

Good ending though
    Turns out my friends from play production were behind me and they followed the car until they got to a phone and called the police
    So I got my stuff back and kid who punched me and the guy driving got arrested
    I went to court and everything but they took a plea deal so I didn't have to testify

They were going to shoot you over a backpack.

I don't know what to say.

sarukun on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That line is going to haunt me, Pooro.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sarukun wrote: »
    stuuuuuuuuff

They were going to shoot you over a backpack.

I don't know what to say.

Not necessarily
    They could have been planing on just taking it out
    That would have been more than enough for me

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also, holy moly Muse, that is some make-me-feel-guilty levels of nice. I ain't deserving of sympathy on that level. I'm frequently a dick.

I highly doubt you are dick enough to deserve that. You'd have to be tossing kittens off highway overpasses or something else equally horrendous before it can even be considered. And even so, it is still disturbing due to the homophobia that instigated it.

Also move to a gayer part of LA.

Also, you're in LA? I'm in LA. Crummy LA (the Valley . . .).

I'm in the valley, too. North Hollywood, more specifically.

There's quite a few forumers in and around the LA area, actually.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    jirf88jirf88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Damn Pooro, thats just not cool. Fuck people and their underdeveloped frontal lobes.

"Hey! That guys different"
    "GET HIM."

jirf88 on
    WOAAWW WADADA DADADA DAHH DAHH WADADADAWWW DADADAWW DAWW DADADAAA BADADA DADA DA DAAA BADALADA DAWW DADA BAD DA DA BAD DA DA - NOOOO MOOOREEE!
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also, holy moly Muse, that is some make-me-feel-guilty levels of nice. I ain't deserving of sympathy on that level. I'm frequently a dick.

I highly doubt you are dick enough to deserve that. You'd have to be tossing kittens off highway overpasses or something else equally horrendous before it can even be considered. And even so, it is still disturbing due to the homophobia that instigated it.

And I haven't met any of them :x

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They're hiding from you Muse.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Well if you go to Santa Cruz
    There's Janson and Mori and other people there

And if you go to Santa Barbara
    Well, we'll figure something out

BusterK on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Clearly you should all form a gang.

Roving the streets, aggressively showing rude .jpgs to passerbys on your netbooks, posting on the forums about your adventures.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yep

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can drive now. So you guys are gonna be seeing a lot more of me at southern california forumer hangouts and junk.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's actually not true. I'm gonna be too busy in the next few months before I move away

Do we have any louisiana posters in SE++

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fyndir wrote: »
    My fear is that I would be one of those jackasses who walks past someone else in trouble, that I would quietly and internally declare it not my business and try to pretend I'd never seen it.

Then remember this. Remember this story.

Assume from now on, that if you don't stop, if you don't help, no one will.

Stop. Help.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This is it dude.
    The burden of the whole world is on your shoulders.
    Do you have what it takes to save us?

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I think most of the NorCal folks are in the Bay Area actually, though I think Ipse is in Santa Cruz?

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ASimPerson wrote: »

I think most of the NorCal folks are in the Bay Area actually, though I think Ipse is in Santa Cruz?

Janson, Dubh, DE?AD, and myself are assuredly in San Jose. Though to be fair, Santa Cruz isn't too far away; DE?AD used to live quite far south (Castroville) and we managed to see him weekly (although our gas bill hurt a little!)

And yes, Ipse is in Santa Cruz.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can drive now. So you guys are gonna be seeing a lot more of me at southern california forumer hangouts and junk.

these do not actually exist

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Tossrock wrote: »

these do not actually exist

Unless you count Nads and I getting shitfaced and watching TV

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sometime we're gonna meet up and talk about movies Pooro. Or you can come over to our place and play You Don't Know Jack and NBA Jam

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

And vivienne's sister.

Muse if you want to continue to help pooro you can help him hunt her down.

I'm not allowed to help him as I promised /forgot exactly where she lives cause you know, it's far away. (west Hollywood? Maybe?)

Blake T on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are we hunting down friend or foe?

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    did Viv give you guys permission to hunt her sister

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are we hunting down friend or foe?

I think this thread has definitely clarified the fact that pooro is a lover not a fighter.

Blake T on
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Framling wrote: »
    Stop. Help.
    This is it dude.
    The burden of the whole world is on your shoulders.
    Do you have what it takes to save us?

Oh god, too much pressure.

That's it, never going outside again, going to be a hermit forever.

Fyndir on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Other than tommy and swords, pretty much all of us are mid-20s and up (thinking of myself, lord dave, bogey, sarukun, busterk(?), pooro(?), among others). Just being in the same room as you would put us on so many police watch lists

Oh and then there's fiz. Who nobody should want to meet.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I met Fiz once! He had a nice suit.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've "met" Fiz

If you know what I mean

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's actually not true. I'm gonna be too busy in the next few months before I move away

Do we have any louisiana posters in SE++

Me! Well I used to live there, at least.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    OverOver ...laser cats? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just kind skipping past the second half of this thread to post this, so not sure if Pooro has said he was going to report it yet or not.

Report it, even if you can only give a vague 4 guys in a silver sedan at this crosswalk description. The same guys may have been reported before, or if they do it again, the police will have a record of a previous incident.

I'm saying this half from experience.

Long version
    I ended up getting into a fight with a guy while walking my dog through heavily forested park (Rouge Valley area, for those who know Toronto). The guy was sitting next to his jeep with two pitbulls (off leash and no muzzles, which are required by law in Toronto), and I watched as another couple walked their dog in front of one of his dogs and the pitbull lashed out at it.

This led to a brief confrontation between the couple and the owner of the pitbulls, who proceeded to swear and threaten the couple for letting their dog near his. Generally the kind of person who gives pitbulls a bad rap, because their behaviour is going to mirror this walking piece of shit. My girlfriend decided to speak up, which led to him directing his actions to her, calling her a bitch, telling her to fuck off. Which of course means now I'm stepping into this.

This might not sound believable, but I truly maintained my cool, asked him to calm down and just enjoy the weather. His response was to threaten to kill me, ask if I'd like to watch my dog get killed, and then rush towards me. Brief fight, no major damage - I wasn't interested into getting into anything in the first place, but doubly so with a pitbull around.

This all happened while the first couple watched and did nothing, even continuing their walk before returning for the end of the fight. A group of 4 sturdy lads in a car pulled up and... watched. Their only involvement was after everything was over; as I spit some blood onto the ground, the driver got out to ask if I was OK.

"I'll be alright," I reply. "Much better after I call the police and report this idiot."

His response: Woah man, I wouldn't do that, don't want to escalate this...

I walked away from the guy, called the non-emergency line for the cops, collected my thoughts about what had happened, trying to remember everything, any descriptions, etc. All I told the responder over the phone was a basic description of the guy and tat he drove a blue jeep, and they already knew who I was talking about. Why? Because the sack of shit had several assault charges on his record already.

Short version: I was attacked walking my dog while at least 6 people watched, was told not to call the cops to avoid further actions against me by a witness, and still called them (non-emergency). After just giving them a brief description over the phone of his appearance and vehicle (nothing beyond "blue jeep, recent model") they knew who I was talking about because the guy had been booked several times already for this same sort of behaviour.

So yeah, as has already been said: you have nothing to lose in reporting it, and at the very least will give the police something to go on should it happen again. Your report may stop them from attacking someone else in the future, and if they got away with doing this sort of despicable shit to you, chances are they'll escalate it as they go.

Over on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro you should probably change the thread title to What a world - I've reported it JESUS

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, short version I'm too lazy to actually read if he reported it but not too lazy to post my story about why you should report it.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    OverOver ...laser cats? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    or the forum keeps giving me a server too busy message everytime i try to read a page, so I just skipped ahead?

i finished reading it after, albeit very slowly with all the server business.

Over on