As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2/WoW] Beasts of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

• LederanLederan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It would be nice if we could force people to at least get some decent virus protection. There are also hacks that can get around authenticators, so anti-viruses should be a priority.

Lederan on
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The AGAINs were actually my doing, but yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually start including those. They had the stuff restored and sent me the notification email before any of you even posted about it here.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It just seems like people without authenticators (including me fwiw) could have 1-2 withdrawals per day from the first 2-3 tabs without it being a big deal, and you'd quit having to do this once a week.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited March 2011
    That's how it already is, and has been for a while. Everyone below Beast++ has 10 withdrawals from the first tab, and 2 from the rest.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Saeris wrote: »
    The AGAINs were actually my doing, but yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually start including those. They had the stuff restored and sent me the notification email before any of you even posted about it here.

:(

Oats on
    edited March 2011
    I am the crusher of hopes and dreams.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hi beasts

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    hi beasts

Highly doubtful.

And seriously, you perverts need to stay clear of the shady horse-sex sites you are all so fond of. It would cut the number of people hacked in half.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    gotta stay true to our roots

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Saeris wrote: »

:(

I told a coworker about this, who found it quite amusing, and THEN I read Saeris' post.

Rest assured I am not letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    God, I can't believe how awesome I am.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited March 2011
    Football spoilers:

Man City is below Chelsea.

Oats on
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think I hit my plateau in achievement whoring.

Tyberius on
    edited March 2011
    Just a PSA to you fine folks out there:

Beasts raids are consistently one person short. Hint hint.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited March 2011
    you guys start at kind of an awkward time for us west coasters

do something on a weekend or something

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hi beasts

Highly doubtful.

wait what does that mean

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited March 2011
    hi beasts

Highly doubtful.

wait what does that mean

Nothing. Non sequitur.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You guys are still on page 7?

Slackers.

Joeslop on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So based on my first encounter last night the PVP raid boss drops 2 PVP legs instead 1 PVP and 1 PVE like the WOTLK PVP raid bosses? Or is it just kind of random.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    edited March 2011
    Loot is just random in the worst way. There is a chance for a Tier gloves or legs as well as equivalent gladiator gloves or legs along with either gladiator cloak, bracers, boots or belt.

Tyberius on
    edited March 2011
    His loot table is filled with set pieces from the current tier and the pvp epic offset bits. He drops two things picked at random.

At least he's not dropping opposite faction pvp trinkets anymore.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Computer issues for the last week, so I've been missing out. Plus, I'm now getting a constant "check reception in your area" error from my authenticator that I can't seem to fix, so it might be time to just get a separate one. :(

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
    edited March 2011
    To follow up on some of the chitchat after the throne raid earlier: do you guys think there'd be enough interest to muster a 10 man on the weekend (probably sunday?) Thinking we could pick up one of the locks from the beginning of the week and look at whatever bosses are up in it.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    edited March 2011
    To follow up on some of the chitchat after the throne raid earlier: do you guys think there'd be enough interest to muster a 10 man on the weekend (probably sunday?) Thinking we could pick up one of the locks from the beginning of the week and look at whatever bosses are up in it.

There would not be 10 people available, unless fresh recruits are mustered.

I'm sure there would be interest, yes, but not enough to get something going without additional members. Most of the old ones having either currently tired of wow, or are trying out RIFT. There being about 15 or so interested raiders a while back, and ~9 now.

Of course, if we get more players back, or new players, and there are suitable tanks/healers/etc, I'm sure you would find plenty happy to do a weekend raid. I would.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • LederanLederan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

There would not be 10 people available, unless fresh recruits are mustered.

I'm sure there would be interest, yes, but not enough to get something going without additional members. Most of the old ones having either currently tired of wow, or are trying out RIFT. There being about 15 or so interested raiders a while back, and ~9 now.

Of course, if we get more players back, or new players, and there are suitable tanks/healers/etc, I'm sure you would find plenty happy to do a weekend raid. I would.

The problem is that we seem to have less people log on during the weekends, than during Wednesday/Thursday/Friday evening. This may be because people expect a raid on those days, but it seems that people tend to be busy with real-life things on the weekends. We have been scheduling things to happen on Saturday/Sunday afternoon/evening (mostly old content), but we have problems with people showing up to those, despite the events being scheduled in a timely fashion. I doubt we will be able to do weekend raiding until we get more geared 85s who are available to [strike]waste their free weekend on a game[/strike] raid with their most favorite guildies ever.

Lederan on
    edited April 2011
    If any Beasts reading this thread are interested in some hot raid action we're looking for a 10th.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sunwell tonights, right?

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Sunwell tonights, right?

Yup, scheduled for 7 PM Server Time.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited April 2011
    I wish chaos orbs weren't BoP. now I'm gonna have to run heroics on my DK, which I really dont care to play anymore. Gonna make the tanking belt for my warrior. DPS belt seems kind of pointless since Hyjal has one as a reward.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    edited April 2011
    I don't know if it is just me but I've been doubling up on a few of my epic pieces of gear for both Protection and Retribution sets on my paladin. Even going as far as using the tanking 2pT11 for the bonus +10% Crusader Strike damage even at the lost of some secondary stats, along with using the DPS plate belt for tanking, so much delicious mastery. I wonder if other people do the same with their hybrid classes.

Tyberius on
    edited April 2011
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I wish chaos orbs weren't BoP. now I'm gonna have to run heroics on my DK, which I really dont care to play anymore. Gonna make the tanking belt for my warrior. DPS belt seems kind of pointless since Hyjal has one as a reward.

Alternatively, find a Blacksmith in guild who has Orbs to spare, and get them the rest of the mats.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    edited April 2011
    Bomb's got a bit of an Orb collection, just hit me up with your innermost desires.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
    edited April 2011
    True to beast form, the stabby dagger I had been salivating for dropped.

While I was on my healer.

Oats on
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the runs today Beasts, great to fail with all of you again.

No but seriously, I got to see two new boss takedowns as well.

Coconut Monkey on
    edited April 2011
    It didn't help that we had a dps with reforged tank gear and greens still. How the hell I even have an average ilevel of 346 is beyond me.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
    edited April 2011
    Atramades down.

Also Maloriak, but he's a bitch.

Oats on
    edited April 2011
    Oats wrote: »
    Atramades down.

Also Maloriak, but he's a bitch.

We did I think 2 attempts on Chim, too, just to see it. I can't really speak for the healers or tanks but it doesn't seem as hard as previously thought. We had him at 57% on our second/last attempt also. So aiming for that next week!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey Beasts. I'm going to be home in about two hours and I'm going to be down for maximum Herodicks on my Paladin (looking for tanking gear and/or Ret gear that doesn't have haste on it) or Dibby running my Rogue through BC instances. Be ready.

Esh on
    edited April 2011
    I could get on and heal you dudes for a bit. I have 21 thousand guild rep to go before I can ride a fancy scorpion :(

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I could get on and heal you dudes for a bit. I have 21 thousand guild rep to go before I can ride a fancy scorpion :(

Cool. I'm just polishing up this paper and then I'll be home for maximum stabbing.

Esh on