As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bro[chat]

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    I hate that inconsistency is the cardinal sin of this age

What do you mean?

Just thought that while reading the Libya thread.

People seem more concerned about whether or not something could be construed as hypocrisy as opposed to whether or not it is a net good.

Oh man I totally know what you mean here- even disregarding the silly line that Libya is Iraq 2.0 and assuming that it was the same, or that there ARE a lot of similarities...I think that calling partisanship into play here is silly

"You didn't support bush's war why do you support Obama's?"

As a larger stance on the world (inconsistency as sin) I think that consistency is a good value, but it matters on terms of scale

A change in position after thought and a few years? Sure why not

Saying one thing and doing another? Or saying things that contradict what you previously established? Hmmmm

Arch on
    edited March 2011
    Eddy wrote: »

I'm confused. Do you hate inconsistency in itself, or do you believe that it is considered the worst sin today?

the latter.

There really isn't much wrong with inconsistency outside of certain contexts

I know this sounds really silly

But what do you consider "inconsistency"?

Arch on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I miss the Warlords series of games. I'm finding out that there was a DS version that looks like it was never released.

JustinSane07 on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's good to be home.

Less good is not knowing if the car will be fixed by the weekend.

BobCesca on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

What do you mean?

Just thought that while reading the Libya thread.

People seem more concerned about whether or not something could be construed as hypocrisy as opposed to whether or not it is a net good.

Oh man I totally know what you mean here- even disregarding the silly line that Libya is Iraq 2.0 and assuming that it was the same, or that there ARE a lot of similarities...I think that calling partisanship into play here is silly

"You didn't support bush's war why do you support Obama's?"

As a larger stance on the world (inconsistency as sin) I think that consistency is a good value, but it matters on terms of scale

A change in position after thought and a few years? Sure why not

Saying one thing and doing another? Or saying things that contradict what you previously established? Hmmmm

I have been confused that people seem to think that doggedly sticking to ones initial position regardless of what new information may come to light is a virtue. Especially with regards to politics.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    People are flawed. We break our own rules. Doing such isn't a condemnation of the rule itself, nor is it an indictment of ourselves over and beyond any arising from breaking said rule.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have made peace with how fucked I am on today's exam.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited March 2011
    T: Herrcron

alright i think I follow you

Arch on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Has there been no mention of

key_art_exosquad.jpg?

BTW, that's on Hulu. Go. GO FORTH AND ENJOY!

Oh man, thanks for this. I've been wanting to rewatch this forever and I don't keep up with all the new shows available on Hulu.

This was the first cartoon I remember watching that had a contiguous storyline across every episode.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Longest lived chat thread since 1989.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited March 2011
    Septus wrote: »
    Has there been no mention of

EXOSQUAD?  BTW, that's on Hulu.  Go.  GO FORTH AND ENJOY!

Oh man, thanks for this. I've been wanting to rewatch this forever and I don't keep up with all the new shows available on Hulu.

This was the first cartoon I remember watching that had a contiguous storyline across every episode.

yesssss

Arch on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm a bit busy to draw up a new Wisconsin thread, but we may need one, because it looks like recall organizers think they might have the needed signatures against Randy Hopper.

The due date is May 2. We're not quite halfway into the clock.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Showing people the AR cards for the 3DS incites childish giggles every time.

Ludious on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have made peace with how fucked I am on today's exam.

I wish you good luck anyhow. <3

RMS Oceanic on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gosling wrote: »
    I'm a bit busy to draw up a new Wisconsin thread, but we may need one, because it looks like recall organizers think they might have the needed signatures against Randy Hopper.

The due date is May 2. We're not quite halfway into the clock.

That sounds pretty awesometacular.

RMS Oceanic on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    watching the nasa tv thingy.

interesting interview with people on the ISS

Tamin on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't follow the Wisconsin thing anymore. I have become seriously enraged over the course of my country lately. I can't even be rational about it anymore.

The person that suggested that representatives started wearing racing suits with patches for who their sponsors were rang way too true in my ears and wasn't funny in the least.

Ludious on
  • HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    T: Herrcron

alright i think I follow you

Sorry, that sentence sort of got away from me...

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    There's an RPG from the 90s...it was a PC only, I think there was 4 of them. It began with an E. Again, I think.

I can't, for the life of me, remember the name.

Edit: Exile! That was the series.

That was a good series.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2011
    Authors, this is a lesson in how not to respond to negative reviews:

The comments are the place to go...

BobCesca on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am going to miss Bro[chat] I think.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hooray for the flu!

James on
    edited March 2011
    James wrote: »
    hooray for the flu!

you too?

least, I think it's the flu. Something nasty, at any rate.

need to get to the store and buy oj and tums

Tamin on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did you guys ever play Net Storm?

TL DR on
    edited March 2011
    Did you guys ever play Net Storm?

Great game

Isn't it available (legally, natch) for free now?

Tamin on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bleh, the geek marginalization thread makes me mad, but I know that if I post what I really think in it I'll just get dogpiled on and I'm not really in the mood for that right now.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    hooray for the flu!

you too?

least, I think it's the flu. Something nasty, at any rate.

need to get to the store and buy oj and tums

yeah

so much vomit

and 7up

James on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm just going to post baby ducks instead.

baby-duck-feed-the-carp.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited March 2011
    Baby-duck-uo-prep2-W.jpg

omg huge:
    Baby_Duck.jpg

Feral on

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    bleh, the geek marginalization thread makes me mad, but I know that if I post what I really think in it I'll just get dogpiled on and I'm not really in the mood for that right now.

Dooooo eeeeeeet. I got your back.

firewaterword on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Good choice, Feral.

TL DR on
    edited March 2011
    blog-ducks.jpg

Feral on

edited March 2011
    Oh man ducklings are cute.

firewaterword on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    I was rambling about steampunk on twitter and now I've pissed off about a billion steampunk fanbois.

Echo on
    edited March 2011
    Feral on

edited March 2011
    I have been trying to support the baby ducks but the forums have started going strange again.

Has part of the States just woken up or something?

BobCesca on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Brighthouse screwed up my bill, and told me they put me on autopay, but didn't tell me that they were supposed to charge me the first bill immediately. And also didn't charge me.

So now I've got two months to pay for.

Do you think if I act huffy and ask to cancel my service they'll credit me the month as a sorry?

*I actually do have to cancel anyway, I'm moving out of state*

JamesKeenan on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »

the first time i saw that scene it was on blu ray and i was ridiculously high and it was just

absurd

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I have been trying to support the baby ducks but the forums have started going strange again.

Has part of the States just woken up or something?

It's 9:23 am in SF/LA/Seattle.

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.