As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

JelloPudding, hur hur hur.(artz)

J-PJ-P Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Artist's Corner
I've been here before. I like you guys.

Working on traditional inks. By that I mean 4 dollar pens from grocery stores. Traditional High School inks. Should get some lined paper to keep it real. Represent yo.

These are in order of time.
IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0495.jpg
IMG_0496.jpg
IMG_0526.jpg

So I caught up on my traditional to improve my digital. Gotta say, slowing down feel great. I used reference for the girls. I just don't know remember where I found the pics.

glyce-copy.jpg

This is what I'm currently working on
ask-copy.jpg

I want to work on my compo.

Goal. Make awesome stuff to hang on my wall and my friends wall.
IMG_0441.jpg

Anyhoo, here to have fun.

Ray gun and sharpies.
J-P on

• Options
    PhthanoPhthano Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Very cool! I like the first and fourth piece the best.

Phthano on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks bro.I lesbian Scott Pilgrim :D

Maja Ivarsson
    IMG_0614.jpg

I adore this lady. Like, I don't know how.

Anyways, bought real inks and focused for an hour on this. Proportions are off cause I was so excited to get to the inking.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pretty cool stuffs man, I'm liking your original inks more-so than the digital versions. It seems like something is lost in the conversion, not sure what.

Also, watch out for proportions. On the second one, if you follow her face upwards from her lips, there doesn't appear to be enough room left on her skull to fit the eyes/brow/top of head.

I really like that first adventure cat image.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    3 days in a row drawing...Various photo's used.

IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg

I try to do so much in one day, my focus wore thin. I did five drawings in one day. My approach was to pencil five first, then go back and ink. Which helped cut time,relive stress considerably. Though, spaning my focus caused quality to drop considerably.Trying something different.

Funny, by the 3rd day, it was pretty much a breeze.

Fell in love with Jim Lee's style. Jeezus that guy can draw.

I feel all over the place with subject matter. I must find a specialty.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Nah, dont worry about a specialty so much. You have alot of energy and I think you'll come about a style pretty effortlessly if you try and keep your basic skills up to date and just keep working on what you like. I'm with EWA, nothing against half naked punk chicks, but that adventure cat is awesome.

You need a scanner.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thank you. Yes I do.

I wasn't clear the other night on a couple of things.

I made a bet with a guy to make 5 inked drawings a day, 5 days a week till the end of June. For every day I miss, I pay up 50 dollars. I made up this bet to kick start me into action.

I neglected to post some of the drawings because they were just too embarrassing.

Anyways, here is today's bunch. I'm not going to hold back. I have to improve.

IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg

I found a comic made my a local artist today. Really awesome story behind her.
    IMG_0671.jpg

I'm getting sloppy. Gotta relax when I draw.

During the weekend, I'll be composing one piece.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg

I'm kinda laughing at myself now. This is easier than I thought. Now I feel I can focus on quality.

I'm psyched up now. With this constant flow, I feel I have something to work on by the end of the week. w00t.

I totally forgot what it feels like to be drawing like this :D

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I haven't missed a day yet on my facebook. I just don't want to flood this page with drawings. So here are 2 recent ones.

w00t!
    IMG_0719.jpg

Refrenced from a Hyung Tae Kim picture.
    IMG_0723.jpg

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    One of the big differences from your originals to the digital lineart is line weight. Your digitial stuff pretty much sticks to one or two weights and never deviates from them. Keep the weight changing like you do with paper and they should pop much better digitally.

Keep up the awesome work. (and maybe look into getting some prismacolors or copics because the yellow def isn't doing you any favors when its streaky and not a consistent color.)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thank you. I can't say I didn't see that because I chose to go with thin lines. I don't know if thats the main reason though.

I think people pick up the vib as "This looks like something I would draw on my trapper keeper in high school." So they enter a nostalgia kinda thing. I tend to lose a lot of emotion on the transfer to digital. I will find another emotion to connect to.

I'll try the line weight next time anyhow. Adds depth.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    unfinished symphony....Symbolism...Recreation, waking up.
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Painting is still a work in progress.

My father is fine. He tried to move in with me when he was losing his house. I had to be cold. Which was a good decision. He got his act together and is self sufficient, living in his own apartment. He kept his job, and sought professional help. Everything is getting better since I got my head out of my ass.

Smart. Setting up conditions to get answers indirectly.

Anyways Goodbye, thank you for the feedback in all areas. Much appreciated. Truly, Thank you.

J-P on
    Ray gun and sharpies.