As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Warren [chat]

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    Birthers are basically racists.

Basically?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    I have to walk to the store and buy detergent, this angers me to no limit.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I wouldn't know, I only use catsup.

Finally, an economic use for cats!

If you aren't sending your cats to the butcher you get overrun with the danm things in like, 3 hours.

I think the birthrate has been decreased. Feeding your people solely from the surplus cats doesn't seem possible any more.

I stopped playing when it went into the third dimension.

In way over my head there.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What is a birther?

japan on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Alright, that's it.

Which ever one of you let the web gremlins loose on the forums is getting a stern talking to.

Stern

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    Birthers are basically racists.

I suspect that to some, it's more Obama's name than his skin colour. If he was called Barry Jones I think the Birther movement might not be as big.

I could be talking out of my ass though.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    japan wrote: »
    What is a birther?

Someone who essentially believes Obama is not a natural US citizen and shouldn't be president.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Problem with car is depressingly expensive.

In fairness it is not actually an electrical problem. It is a result of it having sat around not doing much for a fairly long time, which is also probably the reason for its low mileage. So I can live with that.

Wait, what's all this, now? This sounds well beyond the windshield wiper thing.

desc on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Feral, have you ever seen files that show up on Windows 7 but not Windows XP?

They're .pdfs on a CD, and if I copy them to the network with an XP computer, the 7 computers can see them, but they totally can't see them on the CD. They can, however, see the CD, and see some other .pdfs on the CD. And I have "show hidden files" enabled on all of the computers in question.

That's a new one on me. Weird.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    desc wrote: »

In fairness it is not actually an electrical problem. It is a result of it having sat around not doing much for a fairly long time, which is also probably the reason for its low mileage. So I can live with that.

Post your day off!

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    An yone know if this site is legit?

http://www.donateacar2charity.com/

The 2 in the name is throwing me for a loop.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What is a birther?

Someone who doesn't think Obama is a U.S. citizen.

Mysteriously, they didn't have this problem with Reagan or Bush in spite of never having seen their birth certificates.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't even think I own ketchup.

I probably have some fast food ketchup packets in my random packets drawer.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

The wiper linkage has seized up from lack of use and the wiper motor has burned out trying to move it.

japan on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What is a birther?

Someone who essentially believes Obama is not a natural US citizen and shouldn't be president.

I think it goes deeper than even that though. Someone who's using convenient excuses (not a natural citizen) to hide their more vile feelings on Obama.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I donated a car to http://www.kars4kids.org/ a couple of years back, they seemed legit.

Feral on

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hahaha there's a Save The Endangered Tigers bake sale

THEY BOUGHT MRS FIELDS COOKIES

THAT'S NOT A BAKE SALE

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »

I donated a car to http://www.kars4kids.org/ a couple of years back, they seemed legit.

Free vacation voucher?

Wha?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i actually made a salad that is too big, too meaty, and too filling

its salad

how could that happen

i dunno if i can finish it

Speaking of too big, too meaty, and too filling, I had to break up with my imaginary boyfriend. :(

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Don't you mean chopshop4children.org?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Burtletoy NPR is always looking for car donations. At least around here. Also I would look at goodwill or Salvation Army as well. Big Brothers, Big Sisters usually will take a car as well.

Also stupid busy server. I will busy you!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    tmimom2.jpg

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What is a birther?

Mysteriously, they didn't have this problem with Reagan or Bush in spite of never having seen their birth certificates.

Or McCain who was actually born outside the US and has publicly stated so.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Burtletoy NPR is always looking for car donations. At least around here. Also I would look at goodwill or Salvation Army as well. Big Brothers, Big Sisters usually will take a car as well.

As long as they tow it away, I don't really care who gets it.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rikushix wrote: »
    I hate web design. This is killing me.

You're a programer?

You don't get to have human emotions.

Not quite. I'm a computer engineering dropout that is taking a web design course to fulfill a requirement for my BA in Psych.

The client I'm building a site for requires real-time editing. The only computer that will be available for authorized people to do this is running Windows XP and IE 6. Also, rule from their client's superiors: no programs, no scripts, no plug-ins installed whatsoever.

I would rather bleach my eyes with Clorox.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    What is a birther?

Or McCain who was actually born outside the US and has publicly stated so.

Their names sound so much more familiar.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I haven't bought a computer for myself in 8 years.

I've bought two for my boss's wife in the past 4 years.

She barely knows how to turn a computer on...

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You're a programer?

Not quite. I'm a computer engineering dropout that is taking a web design course to fulfill a requirement for my BA in Psych.

The client I'm building a site for requires real-time editing. The only computer that will be available for authorized people to do this is running Windows XP and IE 6. Also, rule from their client's superiors: no programs, no scripts, no plug-ins installed whatsoever.

With Clorox you only have to use half a cup, compaired to generic bleach!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

As long as they tow it away, I don't really care who gets it.

I donated my first car to NPR and they came and towed it away at no cost to me. I would check with your local station and such.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I donated a car years ago to Heritage for the Blind for the lulz.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

You're a programer?

What? I don't even.....

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Why do you need to take a web design course for a psych BA?

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011

This is one of the reasons you've had to buy two. Speaking of people not getting maintenance, one of the women in the office had her brakes completely fail in the parking garage this morning. She said they had been making noise for the last few weeks but she figured it was no big deal.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Post your day off!

I jumped onlast night and the servers annoyed me into giving up posting anything. It'll be posted today.

desc on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Are you still planning to come over on Saturday, japan?

Bogart on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MS Exchange seems like unintuitive voodoo, but when you can make the Shell do what you want, you sure do feel like a boss.

TL DR on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011

My buddy's boss bought a bunch of iPad 2's for their lobby firm. Her favorite phone ever is a Blackberry. She's not very tech inclined.

Buddy said the moment he sees her iPad 2 gathering dust it's mine.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

The wiper linkage has seized up from lack of use and the wiper motor has burned out trying to move it.

Urgh. Cars. That's a pain.

desc on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Hmm, the japanese nuclear oopsie is really helping out my chinese solar company stock.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dynagrip: globalist mastermind

TL DR on
This discussion has been closed.