As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky OOC (Serious Revelations! Seriously!)

• skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay then, no magic for me! :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ok, so we have one of four successes so far (DC is 15) and I should note if I didn't mention it before that TiamatZ said that we actually gain control of it rather than disabling, so we can switch it on and off at will if it benefits us to do so.

Turanos on
  • IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wanted to post last night, but the forums were down. Post is up now, although I wasn't much help this round.

Illianthar on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    Okay then, no magic for me! :)

Well, if you have any healing skill then Traorin would be happy to take up some of your time :lol:

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited March 2011
    I did first aid, you can use your second wind before elf and co go. Best I could do without magic.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    Ok, so it sounds like Peppin is in trouble, and probably is needed to get to wherever the documents are that we need to take with us.

So I guess we're chasing after the elf, and dealing with whomever else is upstairs? Or do we want to regroup together on Floor 2 and move forward with caution?

Illianthar on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Illianthar wrote: »
    Ok, so it sounds like Peppin is in trouble, and probably is needed to get to wherever the documents are that we need to take with us.

So I guess we're chasing after the elf, and dealing with whomever else is upstairs? Or do we want to regroup together on Floor 2 and move forward with caution?

Peppin's dead, remember?

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    Yup, got my NPCs crossed. Rivereye is the one that is currently alive and in trouble, and it sounds like we need to at least follow the assassin to find out where he's going.

Illianthar on
  • Bp1580Bp1580 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think we're either about to get floored with whatever magical defense Buddy the Elf here has up his sleeve, or we're going to have to deal with some resistance guards. We should probably regroup on floor 2 and then move upstairs after dealing with ??? 1 and ??? 2...

...unless Buddy actually has an escape route, in which case we should probably make him priority 1.

Bp1580 on
    edited March 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    I did first aid, you can use your second wind before elf and co go. Best I could do without magic.

Crap, I totally forgot to do that, I yelled downstairs instead. How many free actions can you use per turn?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited March 2011
    It occurred on my turn, so doesn't matter. :)

Edit: I think free actions are as many as you want "as long as the player isn't being abusive" thing.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    I'll let it slide this time Witch, but just remember that it's a STANDARD ACTION to equip or stow a shield, whereas it's a minor action to stow or draw a weapon.

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    Oh, okay. I didn't use a standard action this turn so I'll just edit it in if that's okay.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Now that we know what we're looking for, is it obvious where the control panel is upstairs or will it need another perception check? If possible I'd like to just go straight up and start fiddling with it but I don't know if that's doable from where I am.

Turanos on
    edited March 2011
    Turanos wrote: »
    Now that we know what we're looking for, is it obvious where the control panel is upstairs or will it need another perception check? If possible I'd like to just go straight up and start fiddling with it but I don't know if that's doable from where I am.

They're pretty much in the same spots on every floor (near the base of every ramp here in the depository).

In fact, if you guys succeed on completing the skill challenge of a single panel, I'll rule it that you gain an automatic success on every panel for every panel successfully disabled (so once you completely disable the first floor one, you'll gain an automatic success on your following panel, two after the second one's done etc.)

TiamatZ on
    edited March 2011
    Apparently I need to type faster since people keep posting while I'm making my entry. :P~

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I try and refresh to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but that doesn't account for people that might be preparing to post.

Illianthar on
    edited March 2011
    Doh! Forgot I could convert unused standard actions to move actions, I'll edit the post to further move up to the third floor, otherwise this encounter will just drag on and on if I only move 6 squares per round. Hope Swain does the same so I'm not all alone up on the third floor(please don't let me die Bp :lol: ).

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited March 2011
    Be aware he's only got one more heal I think and I've got none with the trap in effect.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited April 2011
    Don't worry Witch, I'm right behind you with a heal and both of my dailies in tow! We'll probably be okay* as long as Turanos and Squishy can get the security system under our control...and if we can catch up to the elf before he throws Rivereye out a window.
    *On the other hand, if my so-called assistant was here...

Bp1580 on
    edited April 2011
    Bp1580 wrote: »
    Don't worry Witch, I'm right behind you with a heal and both of my dailies in tow! We'll probably be okay* as long as Turanos and Squishy can get the security system under our control...and if we can catch up to the elf before he throws Rivereye out a window.
    *On the other hand, if my so-called assistant was here...

As your assistant, it is my duty to watch dilligently as you walk in front and get pelted with arrows/stones/daggers/etc...

Then, I can come in behind and clean up your mess, like a good assistant would :)

Illianthar on
    edited April 2011
    As your assistant, it is my duty to watch dilligently as you walk in front and get pelted with arrows/stones/daggers/etc...

Then, I can come in behind and clean up your mess, like a good assistant would :)

Wait, really? I always thought the purpose of an assistant was to be unwavering, resourceful and disturbingly smelly while carrying at least one instrument of death at all times?
    You know, like Legolas but with mind powers.

Bp1580 on
    edited April 2011
    Making an Arcana check with my standard action to see what I can tell about Wisp Solons to tell the group, after I move upstairs:

Arcana
    1d20+8 = 19

Illianthar on
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to post this here for Illianther, though Skar pretty much got most of the information from her roll (which was a 24):
    Solons are beings native to the Elemental Chaos. Varied in form, from humanoid and beast to disembodied wisps of energy, these entities are the discarded experiments of the primordial beings that battled the gods for control of creation. In the early part of that conflict, the primordials sought to marshal an army to rival the creations of the deities.

Their first inventions, the solons, were powerful, but not enough to rival the angels and exarchs they were designed to face. When the warrior archons were ultimately hammered into shape, the solons were forgotten. Displaced and discarded, solons seek to right wrongs and bring peace wherever the primordials have sown discord and war.

Arcana (DC 15): Solons are elemental beings that seek to right wrongs and bring peace. They are often allied with good wizards and sorcerers. Because of their unique nature, a Solon's powers is neither Arcane nor Divine in nature, but rather Radiant.

TiamatZ on
    edited April 2011
    Also the solons pretty much sound like the Hanar from Mass Effect. Quite polite.

1:16 onwards

TiamatZ on
    edited April 2011
    Can I respond out of turn, or have to wait for next round?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited April 2011
    TiamatZ told me in the last encounter that free actions can be taken out of turn, so you should be free to respond.

I'll wait for your response before I go butting in. Also, it might benefit us to have our Eladrin compatriot say a few words. Perhaps she can convince the solons that we're not enemies of her people.

Illianthar on
    edited April 2011
    K, she's said her piece now. Any further pushback from them will just result in frustration/anger, so feel free to do your things. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited April 2011
    The wisps seem to be in the service of the Shalahesti, don't we have a certain handmaiden to Shalahesti royalty among us? Could she perhaps identify herself and tell these things to stand down before we have to kill them (or more likely me, seeing as how I've jumped into the thick of it once again)?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited April 2011
    The wisps seem to be in the service of the Shalahesti, don't we have a certain handmaiden to Shalahesti royalty among us? Could she perhaps identify herself and tell these things to stand down before we have to kill them (or more likely me, seeing as how I've jumped into the thick of it once again)?

You're just fulfilling your role as meat-shield, and quite admirably I might add!

Illianthar on
    edited April 2011
    You're just fulfilling your role as meat-shield, and quite admirably I might add!

Don't worry Witch, if they start to lose interest in you I'll toss you my hat and say "LOOK! A WAR-HUNGRY RAGESIAN!"

In other news, would the solons recognize me as a military deserter and treat me the same as Traorin, Summer, Areneth, Torrent, etc., or would they take one look at me and start chanting "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"?

Bp1580 on
    edited April 2011
    Just drop your hat down the stairs and whistle as if nothing of note happened.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited April 2011
    LOL!

It's hard to properly role play monsters that are lawful good (emphasis on the lawful) and don't want to attack people indiscriminately.

In other news: Titania's secret finally revealed to the other PCs!

Edit: Redid the monster's moves. Now only one is gone (thanks to Titania's reveal), while the other critically hits Traorin and dazes him (save ends).

Daze Effect:
    ✦ You grant combat advantage.
    ✦ You can take either a standard action, a move action, or a minor action on your turn (you can also take free actions). You can’t take immediate actions or opportunity actions.
    ✦ You can’t flank an enemy.

TiamatZ on
    edited April 2011
    Just so you all know, I'm gonna go a bit rampagey here. And is 15 high enough to make the save on that blasted daze?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited April 2011
    Yes indeed, Witch:
    End of Turn: At the end of your turn, you make a saving throw against each effect on you that a save can end. Roll a d20, with one of the following results:
    Lower than 10: Failure. The effect continues.
    10 or higher: Success. The effect ends.

Also: TRAORIN SMASH!

TiamatZ on
    edited April 2011
    We're still waiting for Swain, right?

TiamatZ on
  • squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yep

squishy-blob on
  • squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tossing the hat to Traorin was a nice touch.

squishy-blob on
    edited April 2011
    Sorry about the wait. I've been trying to post for a while, but the servers were busy. On the plus side, I might actually get to attack next turn! Oh joy!
    Tossing the hat to Traorin was a nice touch.

I try ;)

Bp1580 on
    edited April 2011
    yah . . . thanks for that.

The role of Defender: the one D&D role that garuntees not only will enemy NPCs try and kill you, but also members of your own team as well, lol.

Witch_Hunter_84 on