As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beyond Good and Evil (HD)! XBLA and PSN. On sale for 200msp on November 28th

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Finished it, 200/200 for achievements, got all the pearls but I'm just missing five animals.
    I want the sequel NAAAAOOOW Ubisoft!

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    Anyone else run into the problem I have above? Because I literally cannot progress now and I'm screwed if I can't figure out a fix.

I haven't... it's probably too late now but have you tried having him do his Action or Super Action?

Ganluan on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ganluan wrote: »
    Anyone else run into the problem I have above? Because I literally cannot progress now and I'm screwed if I can't figure out a fix.

I haven't... it's probably too late now but have you tried having him do his Action or Super Action?
    Yeah, nothing. I'm guessing one of the monsters is stuck somewhere. Damnit. I don't want to start over.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Look around in first person and see if you can hit it with the disc shooter. Or beat the shit out of Pey'j until he loses all of his hearts.

FyreWulff on
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Look around in first person and see if you can hit it with the disc shooter. Or beat the shit out of Pey'j until he loses all of his hearts.
    Both good ideas. I will try these.

anoffday on
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Man, this will be the third time I've bought this game.

I regret nothing.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    Holy crap. Did you guys know you could kick the rats in the factory for credits? I thought I knew everything about this game.

anoffday on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Holy crap. Did you guys know you could kick the rats in the factory for credits? I thought I knew everything about this game.

I found that out right-quick after one of the little motherfuckers bit me.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I found that out right-quick after one of the little motherfuckers bit me.

Yeah, just remember to not shoot discs at them. It'll alert the guards during the stealthy bits. Found that out the hard way.

Igort on
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Played this for about an hour so far and LOOOOOOVE IIIT!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Well, finished it. Now to join the others waiting patiently for the sequel.

Ending spoilers:
    The whole Selene section was amazing, and the scene after the Lighthouse is destroyed. If the sequel never comes out it will be a travesty.

Igort on
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did you keep watching after the credits? Because while the credits are insanely long, there's something after them.

l337CrappyJack on
    edited March 2011
    Did you keep watching after the credits? Because while the credits are insanely long, there's something after them.

Yup. My favourite games are the MGS games, so I kind of watch through credits as a habit.

Igort on
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah.

They better goddamn make a sequel.

l337CrappyJack on
  • LaservalLaserval Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I'm waiting for the same thing as I type.

This really is an amazing game, just as amazing as I remember it. This is now the third platform I've played it on; beat it on my brother's Xbox way back, own it for PS2 (but my display hates PS2 so it's kind of sucky to play) and now on Live. Completed the photo albums, but couldn't be arsed with getting all the pearls. Or all heart things (missed some rooms in the slaughter houses).

The end fight felt a bit bullshitty, but its probably becuase there is so little combat in the game that I'm unaccustomed to longer fights. Vehicle combat is pretty awesome though!

Laserval on
    edited March 2011
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Am I the only one who noticed that the 'box' art is art from BG&E2?
    Pey'j has his coat from the end of the game and a bandage over his left hand

It also looks like they are going to be all pissed in that one as well.

I also just noticed this and wanted to mention it, very sneaky of them.

Igort on
  • Chris FOMChris FOM Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PSA: Ubisoft has announced this will hit PSN in May.

Chris FOM on
    edited March 2011
    Nice. Thanks.

FyreWulff on
    edited March 2011
    OK so finished this game and loved it. Found all animals and most of the pearls / hearts (I think).

Thanks to all of you who kept singing it's praises until I finally got around to playing it YEARS after it came out.

And now I too join the legion calling for a sequel!

Think that might be the single player game I've enjoyed the most since Brutal Legend <3.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just finished it two nights ago and the ending music (really, all the music) is still wafting through my brain today.

Dr. Worm on
    edited March 2011
    I'm listening to Mammago's Garage right now.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I saw this at PAX - going to have to pick it up - I played it on the original xbox, but never actually finished it (lost the disc somehow...) time it pick this the hell up.

LockeCole on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Okay so my internet code is good enough to get me access to the Darkroom mission on the website but I have no clue how this hacking game actually works. Anyone got some tips?

DarkPrimus on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Such BS. I know it was officially announced in 08, but hasn't it been in development longer than that? What the hell are they doing with it, aside from apparently waiting for tools to develop it for the next wave of consoles, that's taking so long to get it out? Or is this somehow a money thing? I'm sensing a new DNF.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe current console hardware can't deliver the experience they want the game to deliver.

I'm torn. I want more BG&E now, but I'm glad that it's still alive in some form or another.

Drake on
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I refuse to fall into despair until tommorow.

...Ancel said it wouldn't be on any current console...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Guillemoooooooooooooooot!!!!!

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    edited June 2011
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm listening to Mammago's Garage right now.

Akuda Propaganda, bitches.

Synthesis on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Playing the PSN version now.

Mixed feelings for it. Love the game, originally played it on XBOX. Interesting flora & fauna, but man, it's certainly a past-generation game. Things like locking the camera in a room with tiny rats that take off an entire block of health are always fun. But then has nice options like auto-grab on boxes/walls and a few neat combat flips and things.

Absolutely worth $10, just don't expect a 'modernized' game.

MichaelLC on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Playing the PSN version now.

Mixed feelings for it. Love the game, originally played it on XBOX. Interesting flora & fauna, but man, it's certainly a past-generation game. Things like locking the camera in a room with tiny rats that take off an entire block of health are always fun. But then has nice options like auto-grab on boxes/walls and a few neat combat flips and things.

Absolutely worth $10, just don't expect a 'modernized' game.

Does it support 3D?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Don't think so, no.

It probably could have been Move'd, since the jumping and edge-detection is all automated and the combat is pretty much dodge-n-slash.

MichaelLC on
    A really important bump!

Next Monday on November 28th, Beyond Good and Evil will be on sale for 200msp. I'm not sure you're aware but if you don't have this game and a 360 you are now legally required to purchase it.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    man, for that cheap looks like bing rewards is buying me this game :D

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote:
    A really important bump!

Next Monday on November 28th, Beyond Good and Evil will be on sale for 200msp. I'm not sure you're aware but if you don't have this game and a 360 you are now legally required to purchase it.

One day only? My 360 is due for delivery on the 29th.

steam_sig.png
    you can buy it on xbox.com for that price and it'll queue up when you get back online

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    So I can buy it online even if I won't be a 360 owner yet? I do have a Live account for Games for Windows... It would let me do that?

steam_sig.png
    yep