As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Boy: Meet World (and all things TGIF related)

BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Social Entropy++
Because it's Mr. George Feeny's birthday today, I figured a BMW thread is appropriate:

Stolen from Wikipedia:
Boy Meets World is an American comedy-drama series that chronicles the events and everyday life lessons of Cory Matthews, played by Ben Savage, who grows up from a young boy to a married man. The show aired for seven seasons from 1993 to 2000 on ABC, part of the network's TGIF lineup

The show was a typical sitcom that ran in the 1990s. You have a cast of characters and you typically learn a lesson at the end, whether its about taking responsibility for blowing up a mailbox, defending your fiance from a creepy college professor (played by your real life older brother, no less), or taking charge of your life and starring in a show called "Good Looking Guy"

Here is the cast:

Cory Matthews:

Cory.jpg

The main character. Has a brother and sister and two loving, hip parents. The show pretty much revolved around Cory making his way through school alongside his best friend Shawn Hunter and girlfriend (and eventual wife) Topanga. Cory was never really popular, but had a good heart.

Shawn Hunter

shawn.jpg

The resident bad-boy of the show. Shawn would constantly get Cory into trouble, but is a loyal friend (one time he defended Cory from getting beaten up at a trailer park by Shawn's half brother). Shawn comes from a somewhat broken home, but the Matthews have always been there for him. Shawn starts dating a black chick at some point.

Topanga Lawrence

boymeetsworld-topanga.jpg

Ah Topanga. The cause of many boners. At the beginning of the show she used to be a weird kid, constantly trying to hang out with Shawn and Cory. Once high school hit, she straightened her hair and grew boobs. From then on, her and Cory had an on-again, off-again relationship. Eventually her and Cory got married and lived together. Topanga is smoking hot, and I think someone on the forum's friend hooked up with her.

Eric Matthews:

willfriedle1.jpg

The dim-witted, but lovable big brother to Cory. At the beginning, Eric was the cooler big brother and had women on his mind at all times. Eventually high school ended for him and he started hanging out with Mr. Feeny, his mentor and friend. Eric spent a lot of time hanging out with Cory and his friends. He eventually became the voice of Batman

Mr. Feeny

mr_feeny.gif

F...F...F...Fee-heny. The mentor to the kids and always around for them. Mr. Feeny started as the kids' social studies teacher and next door neighbor, and eventually became their professor in college. Mr. Feeny is always there for the kids and offers wisdom (like when Shawn blew up the mailbox and when Cory and Shawn got caught drinking). Mr. Feeny tries to pretend to keep the line between educator and friend separate, but develops a close relationship with the gang over 8 years. He voiced K.I.T.T.

So please share your memories and thoughts on one of the best shows to ever grace the TGIF lineup

cdmAF00.png
Coran Attack!
Bedigunz on

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    spent a lot of time watching this show growing up.

Depressperado on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Halloween episode of this terrified me as a 6 year old.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    some guy in this show was the voice for ron stoppable AND batman beyond that rules

mensch-o-matic on
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Topanga is smoking hot, and I think someone on the forum's friend hooked up with her.
    You couldn't possibly be talking about me, the story of my friend and her was just unearthed on monday during a drunken "writing" podcast (it was mostly me making fart noises to scare my cat away for 99% of it).

Or MAYBE you played TF2 and I told people about it during some drunken tf2 playing? Either way, my friend made out with her on her birthday at some club, but then her cousin cockblocked him and so she didn't come back to our place.

Unless she's just a slut, sleeping around with anybody that knows somebody that posts on PA.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hahah, I don't think it was you Beast! This story was from awhile back and they were at a bar and the guy took her home. Someone made the comment that she'll probably bang anyone that doesn't call her Topanga.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2011
    philly represent

Garlic Bread on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited March 2011
    also I don't think Topanga is the result of many boners

just one boner

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2011
    I've had multiple boners because of her. Also, many guys have had boners due to her.

Either way you look at it

She's the boner collector
    8-)

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well this will crush him, that he wasn't special, and that someone else actually hooked up with her as opposed to just hooking up with her lips.

*sighs* Time to break the news to him and his fiance, wish me luck.

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
    edited March 2011
    This thread went down a terrible yet completely predictable path

mensch-o-matic on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Topanga gave me my first boner.

You could say I'm emotionally invested in this show

e: oh the conversation was already on boners. What luck!

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've had multiple boners because of her. Also, many guys have had boners due to her.

8-)

so, the boners are a result of Topanga. she is not a result of the boners.

can't believe i just logged in to make that post

bowtiedseal on
    edited March 2011
    tumblr_liuz9ilA7v1qa5j7uo1_500.jpg

mensch-o-matic on
    edited March 2011

8-)

so, the boners are a result of Topanga. she is not a result of the boners.

can't believe i just logged in to make that post

Ahh excellent point. I can't believe I missed that.

Rectifying my mistake right now.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited March 2011
    Rectumfying?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    some guy in this show was the voice for ron stoppable AND batman beyond that rules

That was Will Friedle aka Eric Matthews

This show was a staple during my middle/high school years. Loved the acting and the stories were good for the most part although the Shawn/Angela relationship issues got on my nerves and I didn't like how things ended with them

Rayze on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mensch just replace every Topanga with Bi Rain

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited March 2011
    rectum?

I hardly knew'em

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Ode to Topanga
    by: The Geek

O, Topanga
    I'd bang ya

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This show sucked and Topanga was not that great looking.
    rectum?

I hardly knew'em

NO! It's rectum? Damn near killed him!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I remember watching the last few episodes of this, when they were oldish and in college (yet Cory and Topanga were already married). Some professor who looked a lot like Cory tried to hook up with Topanga, there was a new hot redhead friend, Topanga somehow told everyone she was pregnant and Cory's grandma tried to give them a DVD player (which at the time was huge, both in price and in size).

KalTorak on
    edited March 2011
    Why are you so wrong, Butters?

Also, how many shows can say they had Adam Scott in them?

adam-scott-bmw2.jpg

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited March 2011
    I don't know but I guess that means every good show ever didn't have him.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited March 2011
    Topanga really wasn't that great looking.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited March 2011
    no i remember that show being pretty crap

if were talking about bangable famous people though i had some feelings toward donnie darko that i could not explain until i found out that he was jake gyllenhall

mensch-o-matic on
    edited March 2011
    tumblr_lhtc7op0Ff1qzx8f2o1_500.png

Oh my god

I never

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited March 2011
    it's not that Topanga was great looking

it's that she had boobs

Garlic Bread on
    edited March 2011
    You don't need much more after that

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What are your feelings on Full House, Step by Step, and Hanging with Mr. Cooper, thread

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Looking back I can't believe Step by Step was a show. It was so fucking terrible. All of TGIF was bad but I can understand how gimmicks with the Olsen twins and Urkel kept them on for a bit. I don't get how Step by Step existed.

Butters on
    edited March 2011
    It was a revamped Brady Bunch for our age.

But instead of Alice we had Cody who lived in a van in the driveway

edit: Full House is probably the worst show ever made.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited March 2011
    It's why did the chicken commit suicide
    To get to the other side.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Damn it I forgot Family Matters

Also the older brother from Step by Step went on to beat women, this is all I remember about the show beyond Patrick Duffy and Suzanne Somers

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited March 2011
    One of the daughters (the tomboy) ended up pretty hot too

christine_lakin_001-500x236.jpg

Except she starred in Hottie and the Nottie with Paris Hilton.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    eric matthews is one of the greatest tv character of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsA8LtJt178

of all time

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I love Boy Meets World. It got me through the lonely years of highschool and college. Eric is definitely the greatest. No doubt. The redhead him and Jack hung out with all the time was good looking, I mad crushed on her.

Also the apartment they lived in has been used in several different Disney TV shows, and it's strange every time I see it.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • donimodonimo Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Topanga really wasn't that great looking.

neither was my mom, and yet here I am.

donimo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nuts to that I say
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    edit: Full House is probably the worst show ever made.
    Bob Saget on that show is the most bizarre thing.

and America's Funniest Home Videos

He's such a filthy comic, how does he get these shows aimed at kids and families

mcp on
  • CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also mad props to the coolest teacher who died in the show (not in real life) Jonathan Turner

l3456946b0000_1_26951.jpg

He got sick some time and couldn't work on Boy Meets World, so the the characters say that he was in the hospital and not coming out.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
    edited March 2011
    Mr. Turner didn't die. He was just on the otherside of the school.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!