As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PDF Creators and Editors

ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
So.

Just about any ol' Office program will, these days, save things as a .PDF. This is good!

Editing an existing PDF, however, is a gigantic pain in the butt unless you shell out comparatively ridiculous amounts of money to Adobe.

I suspect, however, that there is a non-Adobe PDF editor out there which is not spyware-in-disguise or pirated, and which is much cheaper (if not free).

In short, I use GIMP, not Photoshop. What's the PDF equivalent?

Elvenshae on

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, depends on what you need to do. If you just need to do simple actions like cropping, splitting pages out, inserting pages, things like that, there's a slew of free or nearly free tools that can manage it with various amounts of ability. PDFill is the best I've found for that kind of stuff.

If you're actually needing to edit the contents, hmm, there's Foxit, which is actually $99, but that may at least be less than Acrobat.
    For that kind of stuff I haven't really found a good solution.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow - I'd forgotten that I'd posted this, and found out when Explorer auto-completed my planned thread title.

Thanks, Tofystedeth - I'll look into PDFill. That might be everything I really need.

Elvenshae on