As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Happenstance, Heraldry, Humorous, and Hooligans [Happy and Hate Thread]

1626364656668»

• gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    happy: finally got to see BWD lastnight. killed 3 bosses.

doh': loot dropped but I was outbid twice with my 27 DKP ><

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    danx wrote: »
    tarnok wrote: »
    Hrrrrgh! : I've been playing this game since shortly after launch and never done a raid in the content patch for which it was relevant. I finally managed to get everyone I know in meatspace together on the same server and it turns out that many of them simply aren't interested in raiding and the rest have schedules too conflicting to make it happen.

I'm looking for a guild. I don't care if I have to start over entirely on another server, I just want to do some of these raids before they're completely pointless. I'd prefer it to be a laid back guild rather than the rush-rush-kill-them-faster-pull-more type. Are there any PA guilds looking for more people to raid? I've tanked, healed and dps'd, have an aversion to standing in fire and am able to follow instructions.

State side or eu? We are not strictly a PA guild but we are a raiding guild looking for people (dps mainly) on Shadowsong EU. We raid 10 man, are 9/12 and are 2 spots short of a steady crew right now. Once last two pieces fall into place we should be in pretty good shape.

I don't know if any of these are currently raiding but there's also Obsidian Spur who have a thread somewhere on the forum. State side I think there's beasts and another spur. They both have threads on the forum.

Shiny (my guild) - http://www.theshiny.net/
    OS eu - http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=117360

Can't get the other links right now the forum keeps timing out.

I'm in the states but I'll make a new character and see what the ping looks like.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: Lost 3 awesome people to the RL boss. (work schedules)

Happy: Was able to recruit 2/3 of the spots almost instantly, new tank & healer, get!

Hate: Why in the world is it difficult to find DPS? I got a half dozen inquiries for both the tank & healer spots, zero for Boomkin/Mage.

Happy: Triple [Fall of Mortality] drops? Yes, please! Especially when we'd only seen one before last night.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • TylanthusTylanthus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Hate: Why in the world is it difficult to find DPS? I got a half dozen inquiries for both the tank & healer spots, zero for Boomkin/Mage.

Happy: Triple [Fall of Mortality] drops? Yes, please! Especially when we'd only seen one before last night.
    We've pondered swapping out one of our solid healers to go Retribution or swap to his warlock... all because we cannot find a source of replenishment without baggage :(

And... I gave our only FoM off our second kill to the same paladin because his healer trinkets were hurting a bit. Haven't seen one since! :)

/hate off

Tylanthus on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hrmph: Thinking about giving up WoW. I don't raid becuase I don't have the time, and I don't PvP because just don't care for it anymore, and leveling alts is now becomming more of a chore to me.
    Gear my mans!
    I will Mage your raid!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hate: Lost 3 awesome people to the RL boss. (work schedules)

Happy: Was able to recruit 2/3 of the spots almost instantly, new tank & healer, get!

Not sure but we are having the same problem. Always enquiries for tanks and healers but rarely what we need which is dps. We are not even that fussy about classes right now either. They just aren't there. It's a complete turn around from WoTLK where dps grew on trees but tanks and healers were difficult to find.

We have had 3 trials in 2 weeks but that is rare as we had practically none before that save an awesome mage. They are terrible. The only luck we have is when a guild dies which is how we got the mage. His mate has now joined just as of tonight and he is pretty great too. We put him on the spot and asked him to sub in on Atramades for a pug paladin after he came on and he picked up the fight faster than the trials who had been twice already.

Hate: Aforementioned pug Paladin said he had to go for dinner mid raid just before Atramedes trash. We have a 10 minute break, he comes back after the break saying it isn't even ready. We clear the trash then he says he's going for dinner. Why he didn't say dinner wasn't ready during the break is anyones guess. He knew we were only waiting for him.

danx on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    An underrated feature of this expansion (particularly in 10 man raiding) is that DPS has to actually be smart now, too. On a lot of fights it's much easier to play a tank than it is to play a DPS.

I would, for example, stab a man in the mouth for a competent survival hunter.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    An underrated feature of this expansion (particularly in 10 man raiding) is that DPS has to actually be smart now, too. On a lot of fights it's much easier to play a tank than it is to play a DPS.

I would, for example, stab a man in the mouth for a competent survival hunter.

Oh yeah. So long as a tank can put out decent threat there aren't that many fights where you can wipe your raid in a way dps can't unless you are completely thick and tanks generally have less to deal with. DPS are pretty busy on all fights. It's good to be a tank! :P Except on Chimaeron.

danx on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hate: Why in the world is it difficult to find GOOD DPS? I got a half dozen inquiries for both the tank & healer spots, zero for Boomkin/Mage.

Our issue is quality over quantity. I missed Tuesday's raid and was replaced by a mage. I was told to never miss again :P

Hate: Shaman/warrior/hunter token... 5 times it has dropped now, we only have one shaman (10 man). I was luckly and won the roll for the token the one time it dropped, but i feel terrible for the others :( Again, i hate this token system. If it was like ToC, the raid would all have their main set token by now.

Happy: My holy pally buddy arena partner is going to xfer his geared to the teeth pvp ret pally for twos to smash and melt faces. We gonna be healer hunters.

D'aww!: Guild is having a contest, to make a my little pony of a guild member (using a flash generator on deviant art website) My arena partner made one for my priest <3 I want to make one but the Flash program won't work for me :(

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Took a few months of pugging, but finally got my Ironbound Proto-drake. Spoiled for HUGE.
    j14is4.jpg

Tyberius on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tyberius wrote: »
    Took a few months of pugging, but finally got my Ironbound Proto-drake. Spoiled for HUGE.
    j14is4.jpg

...I was just coming here to post that I just got mine :P

And also managed to get a few of the other side achievements (yogg speed achievement, zero lights, and the "can't do that while stunned" achievement).

Nobody on
  • CarbonRodCarbonRod Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Happy: My wife had tried WoW before but never had a character get past lvl 30 (she gets bored easily and kept starting new ones). Well she finally stuck to it and got a hunter to 58. Now, I know we all complain about HP, and when you do it 10+ times yeah it gets a little boring, but when she stepped through the Dark Portal for the first time, it made me remeber a better time, full of the magic and wonder of seeing something that looks awesome for the first time. :)

CarbonRod on
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Happy: Joined a druid for some 2v2 arena. Spent 20 minutes goofing around, not winning any fights outright but getting 600 points due to defaults anyways. On track to earn enough points for my gladiator rifle if I keep this up.

HAAAAATTTTTEEE: 20 minutes of goofing around was more profitable then a week of pvp playing? Better gear and better points. Just 20 minutes of mindless dueling vs bigass BG.... Well I know what I am going to do from here on in.....

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The significant difference of course being you have a cap on conquest points per week, while you don't for honor.

Ranlin on
    edited April 2011
    Happy: Captain planet finally went down.

Hate: Several wipes on Maloriak due to goofed interrupts.

Nobody on
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nobody wrote: »
    Happy: Captain planet finally went down.

Hate: Several wipes on Maloriak due to goofed interrupts.

Remember that you only need to interrupt Release Aberrations once during the first red/blue stage and once during the first green stage.

Seething Hate: Computer got a really nasty Virus. I cleaned it out, but it looks like I will have to reformat anyway. Did some thing where I can't see any of my files, and I can't find the registry key for that portion of the virus.

Had to do BWD with absolutely 0 addons at all. I like the new Raid frame UI, but the default UI is fucking horrible. The enemy cast bar is in a terrible position. Everything is either way to fucking small or gigantic. It felt very clunky. Interested to see what patch 4.1 does for it.

Buddies on
    edited April 2011
    Right, we were running into problems where my co-tank (paladin) would accidently interrupt release abberrations with Avengers Shield, or in one case the mage who was assigned to interrupts would say in vent "oops, interrupted that one by mistake."

Then there was the attempt where everybody switched off of the aberrations before they were all dead >.<

Nobody on
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    happy: logged in today after a few days off and found my guild had server first: Guild to level 25.

doh': i need 19 K guild rep. to ride my Lion, and Dark Phoenix.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh yeah yesterday was the day that guilds could hit level 23 so it was they day they could also grind out level 25.

Opty on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Blizzard should probably hurry up with those guild challenges while there's still guilds that can make use of the xp bonuses.

-SPI- on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Realm First spam was so confusing too: [Toon's name that dinged them over the cap] has earned the achievement Realm First level 25! It took us 10 minutes to figure out is was some Horde guy and not a new guild we'd never heard of. We ended up sad about it; The first night when they decided to do the rollback the F'ed our guild rep up, so we couldn't have hit 23 until today. Eh, at least I didn't feel compelled to take a day off work.

Happy: New Holy Pally and new Prot Warr are fitting into the guild really well, hooray. Pierce! Where's your mage? =)

Hate: Was all super amped up for the world event in Rift, then last night I realized how incredibly bad the first phase is. I'm thinking: Sweet, AQ40 style server event. Nope. Pick up four dailies, teleport around the world praying to run into the stuff you need to spawn. OooOoOOoo, shadow rift open! Annnnnnnnnd it's on the other end of the zone. Will I make it in time? Nope. Sure sometimes you get lucky and a zone event is going on and get everything done in 15 minutes; last night I just logged after 2 hours of failing at being psychic and in the right place at the right time.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Happy: Heroic Malevolence get!

Horrendous: 25 man doesn't have the right group balance for heroic Maloriak, can't DPS all the slimes down before the next phase :V.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.