As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

emergency [chat]

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was the fat kid, the weird kid, and the teacher's pet all rolled into one in grade school

I got it pretty bad

no one really gave a shit once I hit high school though, so I started emotionally tormenting myself instead

Elendil on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    frankie is watching the parent trap

why does she do this to me?

Which one, the original or the remake?

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Indeed.

[chat] is supposed to flow naturally from one subject to the next.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

It's not that bad.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast with Peaches

Ingredients
    8 fresh peaches 1/2 cup sugar 4 pinches ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 4 Mexican bolillo rolls 1 cup mascarpone cheese 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar 1 lemon, zested 6 eggs 3/4 cup milk 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 teaspoons butter, or as needed 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed

For the directions: Come to my house with the ingredients and the ability to bake/cook/create food

Caveman Paws on
    edited April 2011
    Weird looking at Lindsay Lohan in that movie and seeing what she's turned into. I remember when she turned 18 and everyone was all "woohoo legal! Let's tap that" and then everybody did and now her snatch much look like a marsh.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Because she loves you Will.

Onetime my fiancée took me to see The Backup Plan at the cheap theater and felt so sorry to me that I was allowed to pick the next five movies we saw.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Onetime my fiancée took me to see The Backup Plan at the cheap theater and felt so sorry to me that I was allowed to pick the next five movies we saw.

Ahahahaha I love it

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Weird looking at Lindsay Lohan in that movie and seeing what she's turned into. I remember when she turned 18 and everyone was all "woohoo legal! Let's tap that" and then everybody did and now her snatch much look like a marsh.

A regularly used synonym for vagina in Swedish actually means "wet marshland" when tracing back the word's original meaning.

This has been Swedish Class #401, tune in for more.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Changing the subject a little here, I love re-reading old issues of Retro Gamer magazine because, unlike modern gaming mags, they age exceptionally well.

I miss Nintendo Power. I got my subscription 'cause it came with a free copy of Dragon Warrior.

<3 Howard & Nester

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Evil Multifarious on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011

the remake

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »

A regularly used synonym for vagina in Swedish actually means "wet marshland" when tracing back the word's original meaning.

This has been Swedish Class #401, tune in for more.

What is the word I need to use it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited April 2011

the remake

You know Lindsay Lohan used to have such charm and spunk. I can't blame her.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i used to really go after people for their religious beliefs when i was young. i'd get really self-righteous about their stupid and harmful beliefs etc.

i don't really do that anymore. i guess i don't really see it as productive. i don't think that my adopting that tone has ever changed anyone's mind. mostly, it just makes the person in question think that i'm a confrontational asshole and maybe that all atheists are assholes.

in spite of being considered something of a jerk at times (shocking, I know), i've never been confrontational on stuff like that. nothings gained from it and it's needlessly antagonistic.

i think i pretty much stopped when i moved out of texas. i guess i just wanted to be an asshole to texans

you've moved on to being an asshole to ____________. sign of personal growth for sure.

Dynagrip on
    edited April 2011
    Changing the subject a little here, I love re-reading old issues of Retro Gamer magazine because, unlike modern gaming mags, they age exceptionally well.

I miss Nintendo Power. I got my subscription 'cause it came with a free copy of Dragon Warrior.

<3 Howard & Nester

My favorite Nintendo Power issues were the Final Fantasy 1 and Ninja Gaiden 2 issues. I can't decide between the two, though NG2 issue probably wins because it showed you how to make a ninja mask!

Caveman Paws on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

<3 Howard & Nester
    I got my copy of Dragon Warrior the same way.

Thanatos on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

the remake

You know Lindsay Lohan used to have such charm and spunk. I can't blame her.
    She probably still has a lot of the second one.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited April 2011

Ahahahaha I love it

So do I :lol:

DoctorArch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011

if frankie ever showed shame at her poor decisions then it might all be worth it.

but she does not. she is recalcitrant. she is like a naughty child delighted at her own transgressiveness.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2011
    how did they end up with a custody arrangement where each parent gets one twin and the twins aren't informed that they even have other parents or sisters?

like, what state has that as an option for divorce?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2011
    I like to take my big manly friends to see kids' movies.

edited April 2011
    I traced the explative out of this page when I was wee.
    NintendoPowerNG2_003.jpg

Caveman Paws on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I like to take my big manly friends to see kids' movies.

Say, "Hey, let's go see that movie with the Rock!"

Then, bam,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqnjK79fGSw

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2011

if frankie ever showed shame at her poor decisions then it might all be worth it.

but she does not. she is recalcitrant. she is like a naughty child delighted at her own transgressiveness.

My Sig-Other and I have a deal that when the other person is right, and we are wrong, we have to declare it loudly to the other person and then hug. It seems to work okay.

DoctorArch on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011

I really like reading my old (circa 1996ish) issues of PC Gamer US. The reviews were written like long essays and went really in-depth and every writer had a regular column in the back, often very interesting and sometimes only tangentially related to PC gaming.

There was this guy, William Trotter, who was a really hardcore wargame grognard but didn't have the unpleasantness you would normally associate with those people. He used his column to go behind the scenes at a lot of these little boutique software outfits that made these loving simulations of obscure battles and he'd talk to them about their favorite historical periods and generals and whatnot and it was all really interesting stuff, real games journalism of a sort you still don't see very often.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    When I first heard the name Parent Trap, I thought it would be something like Children of the Corn.

Or Home Alone, but with lethal booby traps and a patricidal Macaulay Culkin.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    People talk about how great Nintendo Power used to be. I grew up with a variety of official Nintendo magazines as it changed hands from publisher to publisher, each one trying their best to make it edgy and relevant by, for instance, incorporating excessive use of the word "poo".

Now it's published by Future Publishing, just like every other ruddy magazine in the UK, where the rule is "if it's on the cover, it's probably been awarded 10 out of 10."

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    edited April 2011
    Man, I am all over the place on Ratfist. The art is great and I like some pages but other times I am just bewildered and confused. At least it has a consistently moving-forward narrative.

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I grew up with this.

ANTIC_-_February_1987.jpg

And thus feel old.

Also, what's up with the new image option?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited April 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

I really like reading my old (circa 1996ish) issues of PC Gamer US. The reviews were written like long essays and went really in-depth and every writer had a regular column in the back, often very interesting and sometimes only tangentially related to PC gaming.

There was this guy, William Trotter, who was a really hardcore wargame grognard but didn't have the unpleasantness you would normally associate with those people. He used his column to go behind the scenes at a lot of these little boutique software outfits that made these loving simulations of obscure battles and he'd talk to them about their favorite historical periods and generals and stuff and it was all really interesting stuff.

I remember Bill Trotter! Those old issues of PC Gamer were fantastic.

Squirm, are they still making Retro Gamer? I used to see it at Barnes & Noble, but I don't see it anymore. You're right though, it's reporting is more historical than current event and so it works well to re-read. I would actually love the chance to pay for a .pdf archive of the entire run if it is no longer being published.

DoctorArch on
    edited April 2011
    <Gah!> 30 minutes left until Oral Arguments. What am I going to say, what am I going to say?

DoctorArch on
    edited April 2011
    Huh. Friend of mine's birthday was yesterday. Just occurred to me that that, and the subsequent celebratory free drinks and comp't meals that came out of that, might have been the product of an April Fool's joke of hers, 'cause I thought she was born in May....

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2011

<3 Howard & Nester

yes and yes!

I played the fuck out of that Dragon Warrior on the weekend of New Year's Day, 1990, when I was laid up for a week with an awful stomach flu. It was the first JRPG I'd ever tried and the sickness and medicine lent everything a really weird hypnagogic intensity. I vividly remember the slimes and monsters moving even though they very plainly do not.

Also, some of those Howard & Nesters had pretty good art. I always wondered if the person who drew them ever went on to be famous or just remained an anonymous company hack forever.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited April 2011
    I grew up with this.

ANTIC_-_February_1987.jpg

And thus feel old.

Also, what's up with the new image option?

i didn't know that feral was an atari guy

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    <Gah!> 30 minutes left until Oral Arguments. What am I going to say, what am I going to say?

I recommend thorough examination of the glans with your tongue.

Premier kakos on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Huh. Friend of mine's birthday was yesterday. Just occurred to me that that, and the subsequent celebratory free drinks and comp't meals that came out of that, might have been the product of an April Fool's joke of hers, 'cause I thought she was born in May....

That would be the best April Fools ever!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    so sleepy, what the hell

Dynagrip on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I grew up with this:

AP32.jpg

And I bloody loved it. No gaming mag has reached this level of brilliance since.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    edited April 2011
    Oh, hello MLG SC2 game, nice of you to start.

Caveman Paws on
This discussion has been closed.