As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Creative i-Trigue 3600 - Microphone in?

SeguerSeguer of the VoidSydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've had this set of speakers for years and have only just recently purchased a headset for SC2 casting. The volume control that sits on my desk has a handy little headphone jack, and microphone jack.

The headphone jack works great.

The micrphone jack does not.

Plugging something in there does nothing. The computer has no idea. The speakers also only have one cable connected to the computer, which goes to the speakers output on my soundcard. I would have assumed there would be a mic one as well, but alas that is not the case (all of the cables go through the subwoofer, then the audio goes out of it, to the computer)..

Any ideas?

Seguer on

• Options
    mehmehmehmehmehmeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have a similar set of creative speakers. The other jack on the volume control pod is a line in for the speakers (not connected to the computer), like for a mp3 player so you can use the speakers when the computer is off. The wire than connects to the sub should end in a 3.5 minijack (connecting to a second line in on the sub) and a 9 or 10 pin jack that does the volume control and everything else.

mehmehmeh on
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Well that's suddenly less impressive of my speaker set :(

Thanks mehmehmeh!

Seguer on
  • Options
    mehmehmehmehmehmeh Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    also using a m-f 3.5 minijack extension cord you could run the end of the remote line in all the way back to your computer. That way your volume, headphone jack and a working mic jack will all be on the remote pod.

You can either get the cable cheap from somewhere like dealextreme or ebay. Or if you need to order a bunch of cables I would go to monoprice.

mehmehmeh on