As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

emergency [chat]

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    I didn't bother to read that article, but I am curious as to how having gay options is in any way neglecting straight males.

because the female romance options are "exotic" and because those homos will not get off your man's jock

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Can you fuck all four love interests in Dragon Age 2?

I think that gets you an achievement

I hear you can (Anders romance spoiler)
    seduce and fuck Anders, and when he asks you if he was good, kick him out of your house for not knowing how to please a woman

but this makes no sense?

i practiced on karl for years

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    They should include a Kanye West interrupt in Mass Effect 3 to get rid of the awkward homo-ness.

Jacob is coming on to your male Shepard, you pull RB to interject "No homo".

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    I want to go home and play deadly premonition. Or go to sleep. Either is good.

I just want to go home.

But I will stop and buy some beer on the way.

Then I will consume it.

Then I will sleep.

Then I will come back to work tomorrow.

:(

This sounds suspiciously like what my night will be.

Are you me tonight?

(I've got tomorrow and monday off though!)

If I was you tonight I would be going to a concert!

And then getting laid!

Cuz that's what happens when a single guy goes to a concert by himself.

Hah, wrong kind of concert for that. This is probably going to be about 50-75 people in a smallish bar who's main clientelle is people in their 40-50s who are upper middle class but like to play biker on the weekend (it's a cigar shop/bar). And then of course I pretty much don't pick up girls at bars anyways :P

Alternatively: Totes, broseph *fistbump*

HappylilElf on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I still don't understand how Merrill exotic. Is it because she has pointy ears? Fucking racist I say.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What the fuck. I feel like someone's playing a prank on me or something. I'm supposed to go to a birthday party tonight at an area I'm rarely in and I just found out that two different friends from two different, um, "friend groups" are working at two different places literally around the corner from the place I'm going to be at. Well, one is around the corner, and one is next door. This wouldn't be weird, except this is in NYC, home to ten thousand bars and lounges.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited April 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    What the fuck. I feel like someone's playing a prank on me or something. I'm supposed to go to a birthday party tonight at an area I'm rarely in and I just found out that two different friends from two different, um, "friend groups" are working at two different places literally around the corner from the place I'm going to be at. Well, one is around the corner, and one is next door. This wouldn't be weird, except this is in NYC, home to ten thousand bars and lounges.

Coincidence?

Honk on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Drez wrote: »

Coincidence?

Sure, if by coincidence you mean the government is conspiring against me in some using the NYC bar scene as a cover.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited April 2011
    now frankie is watching some show called harper's island and harry hamlin just got eaten or something

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Will, now I don't have to watch Harper's Island. :/

Honk on
    edited April 2011
    shake and bake chicken is in the oven

made a low-fat bleu cheese dressing with greek yogurt and low-fat bleu cheese

gonna steam some broccoli

trashy dinner ahoy

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Will, now I don't have to watch Harper's Island. :/

it was a short-lived series during the writer's strike. apparently its thing is that one character dies every episode

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Harper's Island wasn't bad. Like a slasher movie turned into a series. Ok, it sounds bad, bad it wasn't!

Haphazard on
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So it turns out thinly sliced German turnip is pretty great

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »

trashy dinner ahoy

Ain't nothing trashy about ShakeNBake. Ok, except maybe the partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    that's not so bad, will

I'm not a big fan of shake n bake, though

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    Kalkino wrote: »
    So it turns out thinly sliced German turnip is pretty great

A bit of salt and it's ready to be served.

Haphazard on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You know, for a day where all I had planned was to stay home and write a final, I spent surprisingly little time at home writing a final.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »

trashy dinner ahoy

Whatever dude, I occassionally eat a pot of kraft dinner with hot dogs sliced in.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited April 2011
    kraft dinner :x

Nerdgasmic on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    shake and bake

AND AAHH HAAAYYLLPED

Ludious on
    edited April 2011
    Power dinner!

Is it some kind of ready made dinner?

Haphazard on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    kraft dinner :x

The hot dogs sliced in is the real white trash touch

edited April 2011
    I have a pot of green beans, potatoes, onions and ham simmering with probably a stick of butter and a good amount of salt, pepper and garlic in it. Should be done in an hour or so. It will be delicious and my weeks worth of fat and sodium. So good.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Blimey, that Charlie Brooker's a funny bastard, isn't he?

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
    edited April 2011
    I was only joking Will. ;D

Honk on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dinner? I just absorb the minimum amount of nutrients I need from the atmosphere.

Cinders on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    christ, warriors in DA2 are ridic once you hit level 20 or so

I may as well have been playing on casual for all of fights lasting three seconds

Elendil on
    edited April 2011
    I am currently watching Stephen Colbert singing Friday. This is horrible and awesome at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU1v_XKgEPc

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2011
    If I was a British rapper I'd have the stage name B'Limey.

Honk on
    edited April 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

I may as well have been playing on casual for all of fights lasting three seconds

what's your setup

I was extremely annoyed to learn that I can't ever use a respec potion ever again unless I want to have a permanent negative 25% critical damage, but so far I have miasmic flask, +20% damage to distracted targets, guaranteed crits against targets that are stunned, +25% critical damage, and the deadly chain thing

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    Blimey, that Charlie Brooker's a funny bastard, isn't he?

Yes, he is, but what made you realize it just now?

Haphazard on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Yes, he is, but what made you realize it just now?
    Nothing specific, I just wanted to share.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

what's your setup

I was extremely annoyed to learn that I can't ever use a respec potion ever again unless I want to have a permanent negative 25% critical damage, but so far I have miasmic flask, +20% damage to distracted targets, guaranteed crits against targets that are stunned, +25% critical damage, and the deadly chain thing
    god damn bugs

apparently the patch is in cert

it can't come fast enough

my guy was using
    Bloom (2h)
    +37% attack speed rune
    +10% damage rune
    Champion armor set
    Four-fingered something or other amulet (BIG crit chance boost)
    Seven Deadly Cinch (crit chance/damage boost)
    Ring of No Promises (or something, mostly for the stun immunity)
    Etched Ring of the Twins (crit crit crit)

skill list here (items all bugged out but the skill list is accurate right up to when I finished)

mostly just dumped stats into con until I met the requirement for armor, pumped strength, and for the last few levels pumped dex

Elendil on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Listening to lectures about Ancient Christianity. The lecturer just pointed out how the Roman Catholic idea of patron saints is just a continuation of the Ancient Roman patron-client social relationship. That just blew my mind.

That's why I love learning about ancient history.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2011

what's your setup

god damn bugs

apparently the patch is in cert

it can't come fast enough

my guy was using
    Bloom (2h)
    +37% attack speed rune
    +10% damage rune
    Champion armor set
    Four-fingered something or other amulet (BIG crit chance boost)
    Seven Deadly Cinch (crit chance/damage boost)
    Ring of No Promises (or something, mostly for the stun immunity)
    Etched Ring of the Twins (crit crit crit)

skill list here (items all bugged out but the skill list is accurate right up to when I finished)

oh yeah, I'd forgotten all the stuff you'd PMed me

one thing I regret about my first playthrough is never setting varric up to Disorient stuff so my main team was capable of taking advantage of all of the cross-class combos

are you bothering with that, or are you just focused on smashing and stuff

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    Wait... there's a bug with the respec vials?

Haphazard on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Richy wrote: »
    Listening to lectures about Ancient Christianity. The lecturer just pointed out how the Roman Catholic idea of patron saints is just a continuation of the Ancient Roman patron-client social relationship. That just blew my mind.

That's why I love learning about ancient history.

Never thought of that before. That's pretty damn cool.

Cinders on
    edited April 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wait... there's a bug with the respec vials?

using them causes certain passive effects (the one I know of is a rogue one that gives you 25% extra crit damage) to provide negative effects if you take them

there's a similar issue with isabella's friendship bonus

Nerdgasmic on
    edited April 2011
    party and party and YEAH

party and party and YEAH

One two hour exam and I am done for the school year. It's been a really rough year. Feels good man.

Of course, nearly right afterwards I start working a temp job, but whatever.

This discussion has been closed.