As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LOTRO] I'll see you on the other side. The Barrovian Society 2007-2014

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    QUESTION! ...are we allowed to have social lives and hang out with friends in the... you know... real world? (Just a general question. I'm not in the kin so doesn't matter who the fuck I am) Social lives ftl? (saying ftl, ftl?)
    No you're not.

Next question please.

Aldo on
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    QUESTION! ...are we allowed to have social lives and hang out with friends in the... you know... real world? (Just a general question. I'm not in the kin so doesn't matter who the fuck I am) Social lives ftl? (saying ftl, ftl?)

Hmm...

*scratches chin in deep thought*

...You'll have to clear it with our kin leader. ;-)

Edit: In all seriousness, you don't know me from a hole in the wall (and vice versa), whereas the guys who are in the kin know enough to know when I'm just messing with them (which is pretty much 100% of the time, as any one of them can tell you.)

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Triple B wrote: »

Hmm...

*scratches chin in deep thought*

...You'll have to clear it with our kin leader. ;-)

Edit: In all seriousness, you don't know me from a hole in the wall (and vice versa), whereas the guys who are in the kin know enough to know when I'm just messing with them (which is pretty much 100% of the time, as any one of them can tell you.)

Just que up Blue Planet. Triple B will fall riiiiigggght asleep.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited April 2011
    Quiet, you. How can you not be soothed by the harmonious vocalizations of Sir David Attenborough?

Triple B on
    edited April 2011
    RK is 64 and counting. I can see the top of the mountain!

Triple B on
    edited April 2011
    RK is 64 and counting. I can see the top of the mountain!

Congrats, man. When I got there with Phen I just burned as many destiny points as I could on xp boosts.

Edit: Right now I'm bouncing between my two alts, myself. I can't quite decide between the two of them.

Seidkona on
  • TrappedTrapped Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey guys, I'm a super noob and just started this game, made a character on the PA server. Think I could join the Fellowship? I just finished the intro quests with my captain Luxros. I'm still constantly blown away at how pretty this game is for an MMO... I'm definitely liking the story, setting, ambiance, etc much more than I did in WoW.

Trapped on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Xbox Live: Tycho76
    edited April 2011
    Heh. If only. Landroval isn't the "PA server" per-se...unfortunately. If it was, we wouldn't have to deal with all the horrible RP'ers and other assorted riffraff that frequent the Prancing Pony. To score an invite into the kinship, join the PA chat channel and ask if there's an officer on who can invite you.

Triple B on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I installed and started this back up. I have been going through several of the alts to see which one I like. My Guardian was in the guild but I am not going to play him until I get a better idea of the game again. Plus I am having fun on the RK which I hadnt tried for some odd reason.

Jubal77 on
    edited April 2011
    I like the new Evendim revamp. It really makes the mid 30's slump go by a lot faster.

Seidkona on
  • GlorntGlornt I'm the Bob Ross of Wombats. And I just had a "happy accident"... in my pants!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Entaru wrote: »
    I like the new Evendim revamp. It really makes the mid 30's slump go by a lot faster.

I've gotten all my guys up to the mid 40s now, and I don't remember any slump in the 30s with any of them. Maybe that's because I was constantly switching between characters and not just leveling up one or two, which means always playing with blue xp bars at all times, but I also haven't filled in xp with skirmishes, and the task system wasn't implemented until my guys were at least most of the way through the 30s already.

That said, I liked Evendim before, and when I ran my champ through Tinnudir to turn in some rep items over the weekend, I saw some new NPCs in the area, but my explorations took me north into Forochel rather than into the new Evendim things, which I assume must be sw of Tinnudir, as that's the only part of my map that was still blank, and I ran across nothing new going from Tinnudir - Ost Forod - Forochel. Either that, or more stuff at the north end of the lake where that little camp is. I need to pick one of my guys to go back there to explore... maybe my guardian; at 44, maybe there will be some things that aren't too low level to be of interest. I know my burg is a level lower, but I don't know if I'm too comfortable exploring new regions with him.

Glornt on
    LOTRO (Landroval): Clontarf (62 Batman), Theorwald (60 LM), Glornt (56 guardian), Onzlo (58 minstrel), Porthian (54 warden), Vilric (54 burglar), Feyerborn (54 hunter), Rudkin (54 champ), Limnon (53 RK)
    Glorntisms
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That SW area of Evendim is a level 50+ area.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2011
    Suds wrote: »
    That SW area of Evendim is a level 50+ area.

Are you talking about around Annuminas? They lowered the mob levels around it to make it a level 40 area.

Seidkona on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh they did?

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2011
    Suds wrote: »
    Oh they did?

Yeah. It basically is the final quest hub in the zone now. It's sort of a pain in the ass though because they tried to make it feel like a real battle is going on down there so they have these detachments of Anagrim that will randomly patrol out and launch themselves at the Warden encampments.

Seidkona on
    edited April 2011
    Anyone who bought Dragon Age 2 needs to redeem their online pass for it right now. BioWare's giving out free copies of Mass Effect 2 for PC to everyone who bought any version of DA2.

On the downside, it's like a 3-hour download. D:

On topic: Got my RK to 65 last night. Let the gear grind commence!

Triple B on
    edited April 2011
    On topic: Got my RK to 65 last night. Let the gear grind commence!

Grats! Give me about 4 months and I'll have my Minnie there too.

Seidkona on
    edited April 2011
    Heh. It's just a matter of questing. Accept every quest in your current hub, then zip around and complete them all (usually many can be done in the exact same spots), then back and turn them in. Leveling happens so fast in this game if you manage to get in the zone for even a couple hours at a time.

Triple B on
    edited April 2011
    It's going a lot faster the second time through. It's a combination of having Rest XP this time plus knowing what the hell I am actually doing.

Seidkona on
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Really enjoyed the revamp of Evendim. It made me break out my burglar who has been stuck at 30 since nearly release. He's 39 now after the weekend and I'm very much enjoying him. I'd never been to the Annuminas proper area. I was surprised how vast it was. I was able to sneak from the eastern entrance all the way to the Dunedain camp but it took rather a long while since I don't really have any stealth speed boosts yet.

What has really held me back is I've spent a majority of my time crafting. And not even crafting, but gathering minerals. Every character I've had previously I was able to level crafting right along side my character...but this is my first character that has done jewel crafting and it using the more rare ores has been a pain. Silver kept me from hitting master for rather a while, and I walked all around the zones gathering that stuff for a long time.
    Now I've hit a bottleneck with gold. My prospecting is all leveled up AND mastered up to the 5th tier, but my poor jewelcrafting is still waiting on me to find more gold. A LOT of gold, actually. I have probably 450 more points to go heh. And people (on Silverlode at least) REALLY jack the prices of stuff up on the auction house. I'm talking 4 gold for 20 gold ingots.

vamen on
    edited April 2011
    Jewelcrafting is the toughest and most expensive craft to level, I managed to get to Supreme Master by sharing lots of mats with someone who was leveling weaponsmithing and needed all the ore I didn't need and vice versa. I also made a lot of use out of polishing piles of gemstones and making guild items as much as possible.

Aldo on
    edited April 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    Jewelcrafting is the toughest and most expensive craft to level, I managed to get to Supreme Master by sharing lots of mats with someone who was leveling weaponsmithing and needed all the ore I didn't need and vice versa. I also made a lot of use out of polishing piles of gemstones and making guild items as much as possible.

I am noticing that.
    Sadly I play solo currently. The one friend of mine who still plays does so very rarely and he's already given me all of his gold/silver (and I traded him my iron ore and such).
    It's a great idea though..maybe I can find someone on the trade channels who'd like to do that.
    I really should find a kinship heh

vamen on
  • ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Polishing gems works wonders for leveling your jewelcraft. It's 4 points per gem, and you usually manage to accumulate a good number of them through killing humanoid mobs.

The gold issue you're talking about...that's about the worst of it. For some reason I had a real hard time getting enough gold and the gems of that level to complete the mastery bar. But the levels after that were somewhat better.

ShadowofVT on
    edited April 2011
    Really? I found jeweler to be one of the easiest crafts I've leveled so far. If anything, scholar's the one reserved for masochists.

Triple B on
    edited April 2011
    heh I actually dropped scholar for jeweler. After doing weapons and a lot of the others which use the common ores, mastering jewel making has been a struggle.

vamen on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you're playing solo I would recommend against the 'crafting' crafts and just gather/sell stuff on AH. I think there was 1 vocation with 2 'gather' professions. You can buy all the stuff people craft for cheaps on the AH anyways. crafts are a time and moneysink.

Alegis on
    edited April 2011
    Explorer. Made up of Tailor/Prospector/Forester. Prospector and forester will allow you to gather and treat ore, and leather and wood respectively.

Triple B on
    edited April 2011
    I actually do that on my higher character. I find it a bit tedious though, switching between the ore and wood tracking modes. I really wish they'd combine the two, or let you toggle them both at the same time, at least.

I'm mainly doing the crafting for my own enjoyment. I'll likely NEVER use jewel crafting but I like doing trades even when I never use them for anything worthwhile =)

I have about 60 slots in my shared bank full of wood and ore. When I finally sell the stuff I'm going to be rich! =)

vamen on
  • VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just have to say one thing:

Fuck Annúminas.

Edit: Not so much the instances. I mean that whole area in the overworld.

Vray on
    edited April 2011
    Vray wrote: »

Fuck Annúminas.

Yeah, I left. I was catching Pats all over the place in the middle of fights.

I'd be finishing off a good pull when 4 new guys on a crazy suicide path into a Warden camp would aggro and bring me down.

Seidkona on
    edited April 2011
    Vray wrote: »

Fuck Annúminas.

At-level I couldn't agree more. Then again, I haven't been up there since the overhaul.

Triple B on
  • greebzillagreebzilla Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    my hard drive apparently ate it this morning. re-downloading the client now, but it seems capped at ~500kb/s...

oy

greebzilla on
    edited April 2011
    greebzilla wrote: »
    my hard drive apparently ate it this morning. re-downloading the client now, but it seems capped at ~500kb/s...

oy

You're not missing anything tonight, mang.

Triple B on
    edited April 2011
    If we had a Vent server would anyone use it?

Seidkona on
    edited April 2011
    Alegis on
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I know about the official PA one.

I was just considering throwing one up because I have the extra bandwidth and can keep it up 24/7. I'm cool with using the PA one though if people don't want our own.

Seidkona on
    edited April 2011
    In game news: They're running lotteries for the new store only steed starting today at noon and ending on the 21st.

Seidkona on
    edited April 2011
    I wish they'd merge some of the european servers. And buff up the AH limit for premium accounts.

not many peeps seem to be around, I'm more or less playing a singleplayer that isn't quite that fun to play alone

Alegis on
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    I wish they'd merge some of the european servers. And buff up the AH limit for premium accounts.

not many peeps seem to be around, I'm more or less playing a singleplayer that isn't quite that fun to play alone

Being Premium I'm guessing you've spent some money already. But if you wanted to start a free account on Landroval, US side, the Barrovian's are doing pretty good in terms of activity these days.

Seidkona on
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »

Seriously yeah. My kin is pretty much dead in the water at this point, no one talks any more and they're raiding at awful times for someone like me with a regular 40hr/wk job. I was looking into joining a different kin, but it seems the big active ones aren't recruiting and the smaller ones are even smaller than my current one (one had a whopping total of 3 members online on a Friday night).

Aldo on