As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PTA] Voltage - Dance, Banettes, Dance

1252627282931»

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i sent him an e-card via pm

i dont think i can post it here

Squall on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Google docs updated to current. Off to work now but I'll see what I can do about updating when I get back in 9 hours.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Marketplace]

[12 + 0 - 0 = (12) | 3d10 + 5 - 5 = (13)] | [3 + 3 - 0 = (6) | 6d10 + 30 - 5 = (64)]

Pressing his advantage, the Rocket rushes forward for another strike with his club. Matsu throws a desperate punch at the aggressor, landing a solid hit on the man's chin that snaps his head to the side and turns his charge into a stumble.

Waving the "blade" of his white-hot weapon at the face of his remaining opponent, Lucario-Shirt continues grinning as small bits of the downed Rocket smoke and sizzle on its blunt edge. The Rocket, far from being discouraged, swings his club in two hands at his spectacled opponent, a clumsy attack that Lucario-shirt sidesteps, before giving his own lightning fast riposte.

The Rocket screeches and the color drains from his face as the thin weapons stabs through his thigh, the air once again filled with a sickening sizzling sound and a horrid burning smell. Pulling his weapon from the stunned Rocket's limb, Lucario-shirt hip checks the stricken man, knocking him to the ground where he clutches at his leg and groans in pain.

Rocket B takes 13 damage! |||[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]--[/COLOR Rocket D takes 64 damage! COLOR="Red"]------[/COLOR Rocket D Fainted!

[ Fully Paralyzed ] [17 + 0 - 0 = (17) | 4d10 + 5 - 5 = (27)] [ Fainted ]

The paralyzed Rocket falls to the ground, his muscles once again locking up in the aftermath of Matsu's earlier attack.

The one he punched in the face shows no such signs, however, and approaches Matsu more carefully this time, sending his club into Matsu's side with a practiced swing, the Monk's ribs shuddering with the stiff, painful blow.

Matsu takes 27 damage! (53/115)

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Marketplace]

[10] Frauke's jaws wrap around the base of the antenna structure, shaking the whole thing perilously as the Pokemon attempts to ragdoll the thing into silence. With an involuntary shudder at the violence, Sigi continues snoring and Frauke's slumbering annoyance continues to grow, showing outwardly as the concrete base of the tower cracks and splinters under Frauke's ripping and tearing.

The brittle metal bending and twisting under the minisrations of the irate Steel-Type, the tower gives one final shudder before Frauke manages to break the leg of the tower, the antenna giving a terrible screech as the metal gives way from he base, its own weigh causing it to lean more and more to the side until the whole thing collapses, a few dozen feet of twer coming down with a lod crash into te lot sending what few Rckets still remaind scattering.

Where the tower nce $tood, a flickering, almost transpaent, simulcrum is revealed. Opaque, white electricity plying over static-stdded inky black surface. The remain$ of the dischordant lulaby fade from Sigi's snses, leaving n&thing but a psychicsilence to contrst the cries f frightened civilians and crimnals in the face of the fast-encroaching fames among the surrunding buildings.

At Sigi's feet, Frake stirs from its sumber, the Driflon lazily floating above als# slowly awak!ning in the absenc? of th lullaby.

[Sigi gains 1 Voltage]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Pokecenter]

Doug sends his message, and walks over behind the Center. His way forward is blocked from entering the alley more than a few meters by a 8 foot high chain link fence. He can make out a pair of people moving between the back door of the Pokecenter and a rmbling black van, their arms full with large boxes that they seem to be transporting from the Center into the vehicle.

In his arms, Alice carefully opens one eye a sliver, and not recognizing the man carrying her begins struggling to escape the stranger's grasp, angrily swiping with her claws at Doug's face.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [Pokecenter]

The aides look worried at Ralph's confirmation, but not particularly surprised at the revelation that Team Rocket members may behind this chaos. "Yeah, some huge guy ran in and said something like that," one of the assistants offers.

At the suggestion that some sort of machine may be causing the problem, one looks thoughtful and the other merely bewildered. "I've never heard of anything like that," the bewildered one says to the Ranger. "I don't think its possible to have something affect this wide of an area."

"Maybe a really really strong Pokemon is doing it," the thoughtful one contributes. "I've heard rumors about really, really strong Psychic Pokemon before. Maybe if Team Rocket got their hands on one of them somehow and forced it to cooperate?"

Further discourse is slightly interrupted by someone in the waiting line shouting something about the sleeping Pokemon waking up, a few confirmations ringing out shortly after. The PokeCenter looks to be about to be swamped again by overexcited Trainers. Even worse, the nurse from earlier seems to be absent, leaving the front desk unattended. Anxious Trainers at the front of the line lean over the desk trying to peep into the backroom, murmuring worriedly.

Took a bit longer than I thought so Sly and the Gym folks are going to have to wait until after I come back from work. Should be in about 8 hours or so. Happy trails.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    lotta text gatdang

Squall on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sadly, this means that we at the gym won't be battlan very long without our 'Mons. I was looking forward to seeing Wake punch through someone's head.

On the plus side, I'm looking forward to having Clack Clack clamp down on their toes.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    [Alpha] - URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Douglas-Fir"]Doug[/URL - [Alucard] - [Belmont] - [Camilla]

When Doug sees the men, only one thought jumps to mind: Rockets.

Surprised by the cat Pokemon's sudden awakening, Doug drops her.

"I don't really care what you do right now, but please be quit, Alice."

Hoping she understands him, or a the very most, doesn't dash off and get herself lost, Doug begins to formulate a plan.

It takes him several seconds to realize that if Alice is awake, the other Pokemon must be waking up too.

Quickly selecting the three best Pokemon for the job, Doug releases them from their Pokeballs and and waits for them to get their bearings.

Crouching down and signaling them to be quite, Doug explains his plan.

"Okay guys, we need to stop that van over there from getting away, so this is what we're going to do: First, Belmont, I'll throw you over the fence. Try and hit them with your Sleep Powder. I know it'll be risky, but I also know you can do it. Just wait for the right moment and shoot when you have the best chance.

Next up is you Alucard. Fly in and make sure they can't get into the van. Get in between them and the door if you have to. If one of them is still active, hit him with a Confuse Ray. I'd like it if you could hit both of them with a Supersonic if neither of them are affected by the Sleep Powder, but I can understand if that's to confusing or something. Just do your best to make sure they can't get away."

Finally, Doug turns to Camilla. "I know your new, but I believe in you girl. I just want you to pop the tires with your Magical Leaf, okay?"

Doug tosses Belmont over the fence, who does his best to catch himself and slow his fall with his vines. While Belmont heads in to start the attack and Alucard attempts to position himself as best he can to get in front of the van while going unnoticed, Doug begins to rip a passage clear for him and Camilla. After several moments of hard grunting, Camilla decides to pitch in as it is not her turn yet; besides, whatever Doug is doing sure looks like fun!

Just in case it wasn't obvious, I don't expect to break the turn sequence, I was just laying my plan on the table.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yo, AbyLyn, unlike in vanilla PTA, Sleep Powder is a [Burst] attack, this means that the target(s) would have to be adjacent (ie. melee range) to the user to be affected.

You could toss Belmont over the fence and have him run over, or have Alucard fly him over (though Alucard would get caught in the sleep powder burst in that case, unless he dropped him from several feet up I suppose!)

Gym and Sly updates coming up shortly.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That's good to know, I guess I'll do that then. Editing my post now.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    PMs all sent. if you didn't get a PM, continue using this thread to post updates. If you did get an update via PM, reply to that, and subsequent, updates by PMing me.

If you are part of a "group" in a PM update, you may also CC the update PM to others that share your group, to facilitate cooperation and shit. Make sure you're all on the same page.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Will post soon, have midterms tomorrow and day after though, so I may be a little slow.

bratr on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    marsh I promise I'll pta a thing sometime between now and afterschool

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm in no hurry.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    MoranicaMoranica Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    [Alpha] URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Matsu-Higa"]Matsu Higa[/URL

Getting hit on the ribs with a club never was Matsu's plan to begin with. It hurt like a female dog though, and he carefully feels the place he was hit.

Feels like none of them are broken, but I can't get hit like that again! And Mr. Awesome over here is knocking these rockets all over the place. Damnit... I guess I'll just have to keep it up and hope I get lucky.

Matsu advances at the guy with the club, trying to get inside it's swinging arc and uses his pressure point attack on it's head and neck.

[Matsu also uses his lucky feature if he gets hit]

Moranica on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [Beta][Ralph Colton] {Maximum Ride} {Alice?}

Ralph looked around the center, there was excitement everywhere. Pokemon were waking up. Ralph turned to the research aides.

“Well that solves one problem, thank you for your advice, I’ll try to see if your suspicions are confirmed.”

Ralph pulled out his pokeGear planning to call Pyrrhus to find out what had happened, when he realized that the people near the counter we shouting for the nurse. Why wasn’t anyone at the counter, there was always someone at the counter. Ralph pushed his way through the group quickly. As he pushed through he caught sight of a meowth which reminded him that Doug had Alice. She’d be coming awake. Ralph hoped Doug could handle Alice for just a little while longer, he needed to find out why there were no nurses.

“Ranger, coming through, excuse me.”

Ralph made it to the counter. There was no one there. Ralph glanced behind the counter, but no luck on finding a pokemon health professional there.

Ralph vaulted over the counter.

“Everyone please stay calm, I’ll be the only one to go back there.”

Then after some consideration,

“Unless I call for your help obviously, the nurse may be hurt”

Ralph advanced into the pokemon center. Curiously, as he walked towards the back of the pokemon center a hand drifted to Maximum’s pokeball. If anyone could see him it would look like a policeman reaching for his gun.

Ralph went through the double doors leading deeper into the pokemon center.

bratr on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd just like you guys to know that I'm reading today's PA comic as if Pyrrhus is saying Gabe's lines.

It is hilarious.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I thought I should probably break up my plan into what I'm having my Pokemon do on the first turn to make this easier for you Marsh.

Belmont is going to run up to the people and Sleep Powder them, but if he can't reach them by running he'll probably attempt to threaded shift. Alucard is going to try and get himself between the people and the van if he can.

I honestly don't know our distance from the van, so it makes it kind of hazy.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [Doug]

[ 1 + 0 - 0 = (1) ] [ 17 + 0 - 0 = (17) ]

While Alice dashes off to get lose or something, Doug heaves his starter up over the fence. Despite Belmont's newfound bulk, he's still quite light so it isn't much of a feat at all for someone of Doug's fortitudinal girth.

What it does cause is a loud crash as the Ivysaur falls onto a aluminum trash can, knocking it over and sending cans spilling across the ground. The two figures by the vehicle in the alley stop their circuit and look over, where they see Doug behind the fence, outlined against the bright street.

"Hey you, what do you thin-" one of them manages to get out before Belmont is among them, the budding flower on his back shuddering as it sends out a cloud of white powder. One figure crumples to the ground already snoozing, the other backpedaling ferociously away from the Pokemon and towards the van, dropping his box to spill a mess of red and white spheres across the ground as he pulls his shirt up over his mouth.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [Ralph]

Dodging past the crowd, Ralph proceeds into the Center's backroom. PokeCenter's not being terribly large buildings, it's not hard for him to find the nurse in the supply room near the loading bay door.

"You're not supposed to be back here," she says with a disapproving frown, a heavy cardboard box in her arms.

Before she can say any more, there is a crashing noise from outside the ajar door to the alley, and a shout of alarm followed by frantic footfalls. The nurse looks confused for a moment, before turning back to Ralph.

"Hold this a sec, while I check that out," she says, offering the apparently heavy box to him.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Finish the rest tomorrow I think, running a short thing in #voltage has given me some issues I want to work out.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [Alpha] - URL="http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Douglas-Fir"]Doug[/URL - [Alucard] - [Belmont] - [Camilla]

As Doug pulls at the fence, muscles bulging, he grunts, "Good work Belmont, now get over there Alucard and make sure that loser can't get away. The Confuse Ray should do it."

Camilla's attempts to help so far prove fruitless as she finds it hard to get a solid grip.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [Beta] [Ralph Colton] {Maximum}{Alice}

Ralph took the box and gently placed it on the ground.

"I think we should both check, I'd hate to have it on my conscience if I let you walk into trouble."

Ralph walked towards the back of the Pokemon Center, he unhooked Maximum Ride's pokeball. Better safe then sorry.

(Maybe I'm reviving this futiley but...)

bratr on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    voltage is civilization

Squall on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    swag

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    bratr wrote: »
    (Maybe I'm reviving this futiley but...)

Was waiting on you, actually.

Haha.

Ahahahahahahaha.

Ha.

[Ralph]

"Okay," the nurse says hesitantly following behind the Ranger. The commotion outside doesn't get any better as he carefully moves towards the ajar door, seeing...

A white cord pass through his field of vision.

Feeling...

A sudden tightness on his throat as something thin digs deep into his neck. Something soft pressing against his spine, holding him in place as he claws at the thin rope that was looped over his head.

Hearing...

A faint, feminine grunt of effort as the garrote tightens, cutting off the flow of blood.

His eyes watering from the roaring coldness in his chest and the pounding of his head, see a clock near the doorway that inform his addled senses it is exactly 3pm.

This is significant.

[Doug]

Alucard responds to his trainer's urging, clearing the fence with a leathery flap of his wings and bearing down on the retreating Rocket who has taken refuge in the vehicle.

Hovering above, the Golbat opens its cavernous maw, the alley trash and pebbles spinning away along the ground under the shrieking, high frequency assault. The truck seems to be affording the Grunt some protection however, and he seems to be trying to back the van out.

His canines coming into full view as he adjusts his jaw, Alucard flips through frequencies with mindless desperation, keen on satisfying his master and capturing his fleeing prey. Veering into tones undetectable by the human ear, the whine of the engine takes on a deep and urgent tone, reverb with Alucard's silent scream, soon complemented by the rattle of the windows in the van as they shake in their foundations.

Doug gets one last look at the panicked face of the Rocket before hairline cracks spill across the surface of the windshield, followed moments later by the glass exploding inward in a concussive blast that fills the interior of the vehicle with dust and miniscule shards. Somewhere within the cloud, the now unseen Rocket loses control, the van slowly plowing backward into the brick wall of the Pokecenter, shattering the left brake light with a sad crunch.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [Aleks]

The line is silent for too long, the choking metallic stench of the room conjuring in Alek's overactive imagination the sensation of the aching molars and pinched sinus that precede a collapse from overexertion during exercise.

The thick, dark liquid still pouring past his feet into the hallway, Aleks hears the reply in the voice of his father, or perhaps it's Dayton's, or that old gym teacher he still kept in contact with. It feels like so long since he's heard any of their voices. It sounds far, far too young to be them, though.

"You need to go down, Aleksandr. It's dangerous outside."

Wispy smoke that smells of carcinogens and burning circuit boards leaks from the speaker of the phone.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [Sigi/Sly]

The Rattata collapses to the ground, the concrete beneath its paws cracking and shuddering as nascent Voltage haemorrhages painfully from the small Pokemon like blood from a stuck Pignite. The battle over, Hun's afterimages break apart and fade as reality's natural framerate reasserts itself on the scene of the fight like a stern mother that may have missed her chance to stop a mess from happening but will damn well clean it up like it was never there.

The Rocket... stumbles back, his distended throat grasping desperately at the surrounding air like a drowning man, gnarled hands clawing at his mouth before, like his Pokemon, he too falls to the ground. Stripped of whatever terrible power was keeping him standing, he's nothing but a half-charred corpse.

Behind Sly, Horatio noisily voids his stomach onto the parking lot. The ghostly essence of the radio antenna continues flickering, static splaying across its shifting surface.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Having to update like 8 scenes sucks pretty bad, by the way.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    [Beta] [Sylvester 'Sly' Bogwater] {Hun} - {Saxon} - {Visigoth} - {Zuni}

"Goddamn. What the hell was that all about?"

Smoke rolls off of the man's charred remains, his skin resembling the debris from a rather large house fire. The smell of an overcooked pork roast digs into my nostrils, and I choke back bile. The cadaver's beaming countenance raises several questions. How long has he been dead? Did the force he was possessed by immolate him when it fled? Is that same force infecting me? Is it altering my perceptions as well as my personality? Will I share the same fate as the Unnamed Rocket? Is everything I'm seeing, strictly speaking, real?

A thousand questions, and not an answer to be found.

Hun rights his face-plate and skin-cloak, thinking that all of this glitch nonsense is terribly unbecoming. I remember the whole reason I came over here in the first place and start walking towards the tower. He follows.

"I think it's time we fixed this tower."

Shock G on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    [Alpha] url=http://pokemonadventures.pbworks.com/Aleksandr-Ruskidoichev]Aleksandr[/url - [Otherworld...]

Aleks stares at his phone for a moment, then hurriedly stabs a button to hang up, while the thick black fluid rushes around his ankles. He looks down, into the murk, then shakes his head and tries to locate the door Dayton, Crasher Wake and Alex must be standing at. Or any of the Rockets. Anything that's not this terrifyingly unidentifiable goop.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    MoranicaMoranica Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    HEY! Don't make get punched to pieces and have them enter in even more scenes.

I hate mondays.

Moranica on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Doug's jaw drops in shock as he sees the van back into the Pokemon Center. It quickly turns into a smile.

"Okay Camilla, new plan. Cut this piece of shit fence down. This pulling is starting to cut my hands. We need to get over there quick to make sure that that Rocket doesn't recover."

Looking over at Belmont, Doug makes a quick decision.

"Hey, Belmont, do one more thing for me okay? Use that vine whip of yours and try to grab that Rocket. We need to make sure he doesn't recover before we can properly restrain him."

"Oh! And be careful of broken glass!"

Belmont is using a threaded shift to try and grab onto the guy in the van. I'm hoping he can tangle up his limbs or the steering wheel and break enough that if the Rocket recovers he'll have trouble driving.

Even though I have no idea what's going on with everyone else, I'm at least glad to see some updates. I'm sure we'll understand the garrote and the apparent zombies soon enough!

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011

[Beta] [Ralph Colton] {Maximum Ride}

Ralph couldn't draw a breath, as the cord cut of his air Ralph felt the pokeball in his hands slipping. Clumsily he pressed release button as the sphere dropped from his hand. Ralph felt seconds passing like minutes. The second hand on the clock moved too slow. Why was he being attacked?

Jubbled thoughts and blurred perceptions, and the growing thunder of blood pumping slower and slower through his head. The dull throb grew slowly. Withing moments his world would go dark.

Again Ralph's thoughts drifted to how and why. The nurse.

Ralph's hands were clutching ineffectively at the rope tightening around his throat.

Break her grip.

Ralph wasn't sure where the thought came from but his hands responded by reaching back, trying to claw at his assailants hands. If he could only grip them and flip her over his shoulder.

Ralph couldn't see clearly anymore, only vague shapes. He couldn't tell if he had succeeded in releasing Maximum or not, even if she was out, the white cord wouldn't even let him whisper.

Darkness appeared at the edges of Ralph's vision. With the desperation of a doomed man fighting for his life Ralph gripped the wrists of his assailant and dug his nails into her skin. At the same time he kicked himself backwards against her, trying to propel her to the ground. Anything to loosen the slow death that had coiled itself around his neck.

I saw this coming, sigh. Sorry about not posting earlier its getting busy with the end of term and all

bratr on
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    [Beta] - Sigi Richter

Sigi seems all of Sly's altercation, including the fragmenting and then readjustment of reality. There's not much to say or do in response to it. That essence that is leaking out, flooding the world around us, it has to be stopped. The longer this continues, the more destructive and permanent things will come to pass. However, there's no answer in sight about how to deal with this madness. For all the butler's training on defense against these kinds of things, actual countermeasures were fay beyond Sigi's reach, power-wise.

If taking down the tower's physical body hadn't accomplished anything to stem the flood, then what other options remained?

DJP3710 on